Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

StewartBros' Accumulated Platinums - v2.0

This is a discussion on StewartBros' Accumulated Platinums - v2.0 within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; ABOUT ME I'm a 31-year-old gamer from Central Scotland, living about halfway between Edinburgh and Glasgow. I used to be ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

StewartBros' Platinum Cabinet

ABOUT ME

I'm a 31-year-old gamer from Central Scotland, living about halfway between Edinburgh and Glasgow. I used to be a Sega gamer back in my youth, until I was 15, when my parents bought my brothers and I a Playstation at Xmas 1996. This converted me from the Sega stable to the House of Sony, and I've never owned (and barely even played) a non-Playstation console since then! Yep, I've never played an Xbox, a Wii, or anything else, and I've no plans to do so either. One console at a time is enough for me!
    I'm in full-time employment, and enjoy drawing and painting in my spare time. I've been drawing pretty much from the moment my infant mind grasped the working properties of a crayon, and it's been a near-constant pastime ever since, with the occasional hiatus here and there.

I have some work up on DeviantArt; if you're interested, my page is:
    the-pixellator on deviantART
    I draw a lot of pixel art, mainly sprites from various properties such as games, comics, etc - you can see some of it on my DA page. I also make some money by painting canvases and wall murals for kids, though these typically take some time to complete.

SIGNIFICANT TROPHIES

Toggle Spoiler

So. On to the platinums!

Oh, and no making fun of my first plat - it was earned way back before I really started to give a crap about trophies, so it is in no way "trophy whoring"! It can hardly be considered "whoring" or "boosting my trophy count" if it was my first plat now, can it? Hm? Hmmm?

With that said, let the checklist commence!

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

I don't get to spend hours upon hours of every week gaming, so my trophy collection tends to grow relatively slowly sometimes, but I'm happy enough with how it's progressing. I've managed to accumulate more platinums than I thought possible, with some of those being either extremely difficult or extremely time-consuming. I could have had more plats if I substituted those long games for shorter and easier ones, but I like having some 'brutal' plats in there to mix things up a bit.

I've achieved my two 'brutal' plats for 2013 - GTA IV and DC Universe Online - so now I'm actually not sure which one to go for next. It'll probably end up being GTA V though!
    I'm also hoping to score the almighty Twisted Metal plat, although I don't hold out much hope of ever actually getting it - the 4 infamously glitched online trophies seem like a hell of a lot of work, and if I actually went through all that work only for the trophies to not pop for me, I really don't know how I'd react to that...

Big shout-out to Stupot00 for making the banners - cheers buddy!
    Last edited by StewartBros; 06-26-2014 at 03:15 AM.

A plat a month!

Awesome that your a loyal Sony fanboy like me!!!! Nice checklist!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Thanks man - yeah, I'll be sticking with Sony for many years to come!

I'm gonna get to work on my pending plats; my quest for a platinum image that isn't silver or blue continues!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Updated the list somewhat with some extra details for each plat, and descriptions for all the plats earned in 2010. I'm deciding on new sections for the checklist, and should get the remaining descriptions and stuff finished over the next day or two. I'll add in which games I'm currrently working on to platinum, which games I've yet to start, some significant trophies in my collection, and whatever else I can think of.

Should have my next plat up here within a few days!

Lvl 7 - Gold

Great read.

Platinum Procrastinator

Nice to see that everything finally worked out after overlooking something so small lol. I'm just glad I was able to help out as I've had more than my fair share of questions when I started out as well.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Player Hater

Nice work, bro. I also love the Super Street Fighter II Turbo characters you created as well. They're wicked. I have also been a Sony fanboy since PS1. Can't beat the PS, mate.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by RedBullLordy
    Great read.
    Thanks mate - we'll finish up Worms 2 yet!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Keyser
    Nice work, bro. I also love the Super Street Fighter II Turbo characters you created as well. They're wicked. I have also been a Sony fanboy since PS1. Can't beat the PS, mate.
    Cheers - I'm also working on the SF Alpha cast now as well, to be followed by the SFIII and then SFIV rosters. They'll all be posted to DA when they're done!

I'm currently at 97% on Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, so that will be my 22nd platinum - IF the last 2 bronze trophies will stop glitching on me and actually unlock like they're supposed to! I'm positive I've fulfilled the required criteria for them both about twice over, but so far they've refused to show their faces. I might have to back up my game save, then delete the game data and save data on the hard drive so that I can start again, and hopefully they'll unlock this time around...

2011 Member of the Year

Loyal Sony fanboys FTW!!!

I checked out your deviantart page as well, some really work you have on there

Continue the fantastic work with the trophy collection and the checklist

Up the Irons!

Nice checklist/platinums!

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Lvl 9 - Gold

Thanks guys! I'm hoping to get the platinum for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell added here within a couple of days, if the last 2 bronze trophies will stop glitching on me and just unlock like they're supposed to. The game is stuck at 97% just now, and though I've fulfilled the criteria for both trophies nearly 3 times over, they still haven't popped. I'm gonna back up my save, then delete the game/save data and start again, and hopefully I'll get them both, and the platinum, this time around...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Just added my 22nd plat, for AFRIKA. I had good fun playing through this game - it was very relaxing, and offered something genuinely different. I wish PS3 had some more niche games like this.

Ok, now that that's done, I'm definitely gonna go back to Splinter Cell and get that platted ASAP. Should have had it done by now, but AFRIKA sidetracked me.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Congrats on Afrika,I'm surprised I never checked your checklist before now, nice work .

Awesome Sig by TheGeneral09
    My Awesome Checklist

Beast Incarnate

Very nice checklist, and a nice layout. Congratulations on the AFRIKA platinum too. Keep it up.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Thanks guys. AFRIKA was good fun - i enjoyed it.

I've FINALLY landed the Splinter Cell platinum. I eventually gave up on grinding the trophies on my regular save slot, so I backed up my save to a USB stick, deleted my on-system save and uninstalled the game, then reinstalled the game and started again. After playing the first area of the Defence Ministry level 22 times, I finally had both of them, and the platinum!

I'm so relieved to finally have them over and done with. I can hardly believe that even now, companies are still releasing games with unreliable trophies - don't they bother to test the damn things to make sure they work properly?!

Anyway....... time to get back to work on C&C: Red Alert 3. I need to finish the 2-player Skirmish maps, and complete the Rising Sun campaign in Co-Op and on Hard Difficulty. My co-op buddy isn't online too often, unfortunately, so it'll probably take a while yet, but I'm hoping to have it platted by the end of the year. If I hit my goal of 25 platinums by the end of this year, I'll be happy enough. Only 2 to go!

PRO Member

Nice checklist. Good luck with the LBP plat and Dead Nation plat.

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 9 - Gold

Just updated the list a little bit - I've completed the PSN game Comix Zone to 100% and added it to the list, and added a couple of new games to the "yet to start" section; AC Revelations and Uncharted 3 (I actually can't believe I haven't played either of them yet! This is disappointing on my part!). I'll start them shortly, after I've cleared some of my backlog, as these 2 games are likely to consume my life for the next several months!

I've made some more progress on Dead Nation as well, and am going for all the armour and loot just now, ahead of tackling a co-op Grim playthrough with kidson2004. If all goes to plan, I should be well on my way to platting the game - provided that Morbid doesn't prove to literally be the death of me!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Newest platinum has been added - Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow. Thankfully there were no ridiculously glitched bronze trophies this time round - every trophy popped when it was supposed to.
    I had to play the game through 3 times to land the plat, but I didn't mind replaying it - the game is good fun and most levels don't take too long to complete; level 3 can be done in under 15 minutes. I think I'll wait a few months before I start work on SC Chaos Theory - I've got other games here that I want to start first, including Uncharted 3 and AC Revelations.

By the way, can anyone else see the Terminator plat icon? Every time I load this page, the icon fails to appear on screen. I'm wondering if anyone else can see it, or if my monitor just doesn't like the image?

Now, one more plat to go till I hit my goal of 25 plats before 2012. There are a few games I could potentially plat by then, namely the following....

C&C: Red Alert 3
    Dead Nation (maybe)
    Worms 2: Armageddon

Or, I could get started on Uncharted 3, play the hell out of it, and land that plat within the next month. Any suggestions?

Death to zombies!!

Some nice plats you got here! Good to see a high game rating on Enslaved as it seems to be a very underrated game. May have to pick up Afrika as it have a nice looking plat image If your still looking to do co-op on Dead Nation let me know as ive yet to start co-op, thats if you dont get the help from kidson2004

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Lvl 9 - Gold

Okay, it's been a little over 2 months, but I've finally updated this list again with two shiny new platinums - Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 and Assassin's Creed: Revelations. RA3 has been in the works for well over a year now, and I'm very pleased to have this brutal plat under my belt at last! AC:R is another welcome addition to the list, and I had great fun playing through both these games. Also, I can't stop staring at the RA3 platinum image after all the time and trouble I went to to get it!

I've also gotten the PSN game Hydrophobia Prophecy up to 100% and included it in my 100% PSN games list. It was a fairly good game - not great, but decent enough. One of the trophies, as well as 2 or 3 of the in-game medals, glitched on me, forcing me to play the game nearly 3 times through to unlock them all and attain 100%. The water effects in the game are just incredible - you really have to see them in action!

Well, now that RA3 has been conquered (pun intended!) at last, I think it's time to finally get started on Uncharted 3! I've had it for nearly 3 months now and have yet to start the single-player side of the game! How bad is that?!

Quote Originally Posted by stupot00 View Post
    Some nice plats you got here! Good to see a high game rating on Enslaved as it seems to be a very underrated game.
    Thanks! Yeah, Enslaved is sadly a very underrated, little-known game - it truly deserves a much wider audience. I'm disappointed that the proposed sequel has been cancelled basically even before it began.

Quote Originally Posted by stupot00 View Post
    May have to pick up Afrika as it have a nice looking plat image
    I do recommend Afrika if you like your niche games. It's very relaxing, but with no action or even dialogue, it won't be to everyone's tastes.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast