Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The Ho-Lee Grail

This is a discussion on The Ho-Lee Grail within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw Congratz on your new Lee I'm definitely getting the collection very soon. Which one of the ...

#cutformesa

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    Congratz on your new Lee

I'm definitely getting the collection very soon. Which one of the three IYO is better?
    Thanks. My favourite has always been 2. It was the first of the games I played when it came out on PS2. I loved it then I'm still quite fond of it now. My least favourite is 1. I haven't got around to playing it properly yet but the fact that there's no stafe just annoys me

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    You synched your account. Now I'm gonna rape you with friend invites

Also for RC3.
    I synched my account in a moment of slight drunkenness and stupidity Since the crash I've been pretty anon on here so luckily I haven't got a single FR yet

I haven't gotten FR in a long time :stare:

A very long time

- PS3T OG -
    All Hail The Eyepat
    "If I find out that LeeMcD slags my good name off to anyone else I will personally track him down and teach the little puff a lesson." - LEE200

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmon133 View Post
    Thanks. My favourite has always been 2. It was the first of the games I played when it came out on PS2. I loved it then I'm still quite fond of it now. My least favourite is 1. I haven't got around to playing it properly yet but the fact that there's no stafe just annoys me
    No strafe on 1? Looks like I need to play that first to get it out of the way.

Yeah, the second game of the trilogies I've played were usually the best ones for some reason. (ex. Jak 2, Sly 2, almost Midnight Club 2, etc.).

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Galaxy beauty pirate

I synched my account in a moment of slight drunkenness and stupidity Since the crash I've been pretty anon on here so luckily I haven't got a single FR yet

I haven't gotten FR in a long time :stare:

A very long time

Lol, just admit that you don't have any friends. You just put up your trophycard hoping to get some friendrequests.

J/k, congrats on your new platinum!
    Sig by Ramon

#cutformesa

Somebody mentioned this to me the other day so I thought I'd take a look at it and wow is it outdated! I reckon I might update it later today when I'm not lying in bed with my laptop so I don't feel like I'm doing absolutely nothing with my life

Some updates since July 4:

Platinums

Ratchet and Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal
    Trophy Guide | Forum
    33/33 (100%)
    Time To Plat: 4 weeks, 1 day, 1 hour
    Date Earned: 2nd Aug 2012 at 4:08:16 PM
    Game Rating: 8/10

I was quite happy to get my platinum in this. UYA was one of my favourite games growing up and it was quite fun to go through it again with a series of *ding*s along the way. If you haven't already I highly recommend checking out the R&C trilogy. While I haven't played R&C1 yet (more so out of distaste that they didn't add in a strafe during the remake ) games 2 and 3 are brilliant and quite easy if you're a looking for a quick platinum. This game only took me 4 weeks because I was doing other things in between, while game 2 only took me 5 days.

Borderlands
    Trophy Guide | Forum
    64/81 (75%)
    Time To Plat: 3 months, 1 week, 4 days
    Date Earned: 3rd Dec 2012 at 4:14:33 PM
    Game Rating: 6/10

Another game that I had before and bought again. I saw this Game of the Year version on Amazon for £20 and simply thought it was a great buy. I had always wanted to play the DLC on Blands but I hate buying DLC because it becomes worthless once you sell the game, making the GotY version perfect for me. While not a terrible game, I wouldn't call it a great one either. There are many times where I felt myself just going through the motions as the game started to bore me a bit. Seriously disappointing ending to it as well

Demon's Souls
    Trophy Guide | Forum
    38/38 (100%)
    Time To Plat: 2 years, 2 months, 3 weeks
    Date Earned: 20th Dec 2012 at 5:00:02 PM
    Game Rating: 7/10

Now before you go ahead thinking I must be some hardcore gamer for getting DS on my list, I'm not. I had this game for ages and it always tormented me that I had never got far in it. As a result I enlisted the help of a wonderful sexy bastard called Helyx I power leveled to make things easier using a very handy glitch, and Helyx showed me where to go and what stupid things to not do (I specifically remember 3-2 and him telling me to not fall off the edge, only for him to fall off himself a few minutes later ) For the weapons I had help from Connman who did his thing and dropped them. I didn't do nothing once I platted the game. I played through a few levels on my own on NG+ to see how the game actually fairs now that I'm quite a bit more familiar with it and holy shit things get tense. Those few levels alone showed me why people love this game.

Other "milestones" I suppose would be that I have recently reached the beloved Level 12 on PSN and have also recently breached the 700 trophy mark. Neither of which are in any way major or even minor achievements, but I thought I'd mention them anyway.

Onto what I'm currently doing. Over the past week or so I've gone on a little splurge and bought myself a few games to last me a bit.

Need For Speed: Most Wanted
    This game reminds me so much of Burnout Paradise which I absolutely love. I can see this being my next in the coming weeks. Only thing that's really holding me back are those damn Ambush races. I can just never get away fast enough

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
    Yes I finally got a new CoD game. I was feeling left out now that everybody else had gone ahead, leaving me back in the days of MW2 still. I played a bit of the online yesterday (also fuck those online and zombies trophies ) and things do seem quite different. The graphics have had a big upgrade though that's not exactly surprising. The most surprising thing about it is the create a class for me. 10 items at a time? Tokens? Weird new guns? Bleh! I'll get used to the guns in time, but the tokens and 10 items only things just seem redundant to me. Oh well, hopefully the campaign is good.

Mass Effect Trilogy
    I've actually wanted to get Mass Effect for quite some time now but it simply hasn't been available on PS3. I was a bit wary of getting it now though because it only came as part of the trilogy or on psn, and I hate buying games on psn so I only had one choice to buy it. I'm maybe an hour or two into it and I'm starting to see why Kerbalicious loves it so much. The lip syncing is horrible though from what I've seen. Hopefully that was a once off thing but it really ruins any immersion you have. There were a few cutscenes where I feel like some music has forgotten to play as well, most notably when **SPOILER EDEN PRIME**Shep saves Williams from the beacon on Eden Prime. There was no music at all for that. I just saw Ash walk towards, Shep notice her, pull her out of the way, and then start struggling.*/SPOILER* It all felt very lackluster without the music and I hope that was just another once off issue. I don't see myself going for on this but instead simply playing the three for the story in quick succession. It better be fun CURB

Well I suppose that's it. I could update you with a few of my forum activities like new threads () / old threads () / site trophies () but I don't see the need. I'll just add them to the OP some other time. So with that I've not brought you all up to date I think. Yay

Stand Tall and Erect

- PS3T OG -
    All Hail The Eyepat
    "If I find out that LeeMcD slags my good name off to anyone else I will personally track him down and teach the little puff a lesson." - LEE200

PRO Member

Damn, it's been a long time

nice update and congrats on those s, particularly Demon's Souls.

Stand Tall and Erect

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

#cutformesa

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Damn, it's been a long time

nice update and congrats on those s, particularly Demon's Souls.

Stand Tall and Erect
    A very long time indeed. I'll make the same statement I did when I first started this again to keep it updated. I actually have games I want to play as well so it shouldn't be too hard to keep going. Right? RIGHT? I'll just pretend I was too busy with platting games to update. Yeah, that'll do

Side note, I saw today that Worms Mayhem is only €2.60 on ps+ so I bought that. I wish I saw it a few days ago because I had a somebody over for drinks with myself and my brother (seriously went too far that night ) and we could only play the original Worms in all its 2D glory. If only we had that 3D brilliance of Mayhem to play! I also saw that it has a which I think is a bit odd but I'm not going to complain. It's just another game that I'm not going to get 100% in

DP

- PS3T OG -
    All Hail The Eyepat

PRO Member

Welcome back man and nice to see you gaming again congrats on the plats and good luck with the progress.

#cutformesa

Phew, that update took some time. I now understand fully why people don't leave these things to stagnant and update regularly instead of doing taking seven month breaks (I'm starting to see a pattern). I did a few cosmetic changes to the game collection and actually put in the full collection this time which is what made this update so large. I don't expect to spend so much time on this again in the future

Small breakdown of what's been going on:

1) Mass Effect.
    I've been playing the shit out of the ME trilogy. The first game was kind of meh and didn't live up to the name imo but games 2 and 3 were both spectacular. There have been a few sound errors similar to what I mentioned above but overall I'm pleased with the series. I'm just waiting on a certain somebody to play MP with before going into the final battle in ME3 before maybe going straight into a second playthrough. I've got a lot of MP to do so if anybody who I know / is fun is interested in playing then I'm game. I'm on GMT+1 (BST) in case that's an issue.

2) Many Meh PS+ Games.
    I had PS+ for a while and tried out some of the many free games and not many of them stuck with me.
    Limbo was alright but I was incredibly drunk when playing it and I remember very little so I'm going to have to play back through it for a proper opinion.
    Journey was shit. I felt that for the entire game I was just holding :u: and pressing the entire time. Way way overhyped and I was very disappointed it. Sure there was nice scenery but I could go to google images or look out the window if I wanted nice scenery.
    The Cave is actually rather interesting. I hope to playthrough it fully sometime soon but I just haven't had the opportunity.
    Little Big Planet 2 was disappointing. I can't say I'm surprised though as it is aimed at a younger audience to be truthful. LBP1 was fun to an extent and the sequel felt a bit of a rehash. I didn't get far in it at all.
    Bulletstorm was quite fun to start with but it became incredibly repetitive and boring after a few hours in. I ended up deleting it in favour of Infamous 2 because I was running out of space which I deem to be a good decision because Infamous 2 was a great game. Highly recommended.

3) Other.
    Not sure if this was before or after my last update but I got another trophy guide to my name. I challenged the current (old) Ratchet and Clank 2 guide and won I was very familiar with the game and I believe that I wrote a better guide but I'm extremely biased.
    I'm also actually posting places. And some of those posts are meaningful and actually have a purpose in threads! I can't believe it either

That's it for now as I can't think of anything else that's relevant. Feel free to comment below or continue ignoring me
    That's all for now as I can't think of much else to mention. Feel free to comment

- PS3T OG -
    All Hail The Eyepat

Game Review Team

Journey was shit.
    yes

Lord of all Goat-Men

Shiny shiny shiny <3

Forget I Was Ever Here

Hey Hitmon I don't know if I ever visited here but I like that layout you go setup looks pretty dope! I gotta pick of that ME trilogy I see it everytime I'm in the store and want it just don't n I dont know why

It is time for me to go underground

#cutformesa

Quote Originally Posted by Kankri"Togashi" View Post
    yes

I'm honoured to have this post grace my checklist

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Shiny shiny shiny <3
    So very shiny

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    Hey Hitmon I don't know if I ever visited here but I like that layout you go setup looks pretty dope! I gotta pick of that ME trilogy I see it everytime I'm in the store and want it just don't n I dont know why
    Thanks, the layout took some time to decide on. My favourite part is still the banner / menu at the top and how it links throughout the checklist.

I recommend picking up the trilogy if you can get your hands on it, new or pre-owned doesn't matter as I saw earlier that the online pass for ME3 is now free (as are all other EA title online passes iirc). There were a few sound issues in ME1 for me but I hope a reinstall might fix that. The load times can be sore sometimes but it's not a big issue in the grand scheme of things. ME1 might seem slow to some, including me, but rest assured ME2 and 3 really pick things up and refine and make great what Me1 attempted to do. I put ME1 on hold for six months after playing 16 hours because I wasn't really 'into' it unfortunately. It was / is a good game and I did enjoy those 16 hours but I got caught up with other things and never went back until last week but I'm quite glad that I did.

The online mode for Me3 is quite nice as well; no typical deathmatch games for you. Instead think of a team of one to four players taking on 11 waves of enemies on a map of increasing difficulty. I might make it sound a bit bleh but it is quite fun and it can get your blood pumping fairly easily.

All in all, you should at least get the first and begin your journey. I enjoyed the series so much I plan on doing a second playthrough almost immediately afterwards.

- PS3T OG -
    All Hail The Eyepat

Ice Cream Firefighter

I'm making my overdue way through your CL, as you visited mine just recently. I love how your CL is laid out, your use of the BBcode is spot on. You also had me scratching my head as to how you made that horizontal content bar at the top of the page, but I figured it out, that's sneaky and very well done.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

#cutformesa

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    I'm making my overdue way through your CL, as you visited mine just recently. I love how your CL is laid out, your use of the BBcode is spot on. You also had me scratching my head as to how you made that horizontal content bar at the top of the page, but I figured it out, that's sneaky and very well done.
    I wish I saw this post earlier, I would have replied then if I did.

I know all the ins and outs of bbcode here and I think I've used it to my advantage a lot with this checklist - most notably as you mentioned in that top section, that's actually my favourite part I've made a few more like it in a similar fashion (see Comp and grimydawg) but I like my one the best Cheers for noticing it!

Onto real news ...

None More Wanted
    Awarded for successfully collecting all Most Wanted trophies
    24th Aug 2013 - 5:19:55 PM

I bought NFS around December and played it a short bit before kind of just stopping playing everything altogether but this past week I decided to pick it up again and see how it is. It's a fun game; nice cars, high speeds, good events, but like all games it has drawbacks and for me the drawback was the cops - I'd have enjoyed it much more without them, they're just ah hindrance more than anything.

Being from Criterion I had a feeling I'd enjoy the game seeing as Burnout Paradise was one of my favourite games this generation and I did but by the end I was struggling to find fun. *Stupid stupid stupid collectables! I was lucky enough to grab a few screenshots of the Autolog website before it was taken offline so I had something to go on when I went for the billboards, gates, camers, and jackspots but even still it was a grind. If I didn't find [this website] then I don't think I'd ever have finished it.

Overall I'd give it maybe a 7/10. It would be higher but I grew tired of it much earlier than I probably should have.

* YES I KNOW THAT BURNOUT, MY PROCLAIMED FAVOURITE CURRENT GEN GAME, HAD THE SAME COLLECTABLES BUT 1) YOU DIDN'T NEED TO COLLECT THEM ALL, THIS ISN'T POK…MON, 2) THEY WERE MUCH EASIER TO SPOT BECAUSE THEY GLOWED, AND 3) BURNOUT IS FUCKING AMAZING ANYWAY

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123