Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night...

This is a discussion on ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night... within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Congrats on the baby girl mate....

PRO Member

Congrats on the baby girl mate.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Man, you are a great inspiration to us to-be-dads, haha. I will one day raise my own 3-member gamer army and challenge you to a 4 v 4 co-op multiplayer match sometime! That is, if you do not grow too old to continue gaming anymore. Remember, don't teach your daughter ballet or something and you will be on the right track!
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

illegal in 9 countries

Ding!

6th person to earn it legit on PS3T. Top 50 worldwide.
    2nd person to 100% legit on PS3T. Top 15 worldwide.

Glad that's over, it's a long and sometimes challenging road to the Plat. Coulda done it a month earlier but my Fat 80 got the YLoD and killed my momentum.

There might be time to squeeze out one more before the New Year...
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 01-03-2013 at 07:38 PM.

PRO Member

Congrats on XCOM Ant1

Beat me to it by a few secs...

I'm curious, and it's probably in one of your vids somewhere, but what recording tool do you use? I tried my HD webcam when I got my 50th, but it came out terribly (most likely from the netbook's capability or lack thereof.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    I'm curious, and it's probably in one of your vids somewhere, but what recording tool do you use? I tried my HD webcam when I got my 50th, but it came out terribly (most likely from the netbook's capability or lack thereof.
    Elgato Game Capture HD

It uses component cables on PS3 because the HDMI signal is encrypted, but it records at full 720p or 1080p depending on the game. I forgot to capture the audio cos it's late and I want some sleep, but we all know what a trophy ding sounds like around here.

The elgato software has built-in editing and YouTube upload capabilities and is available for both PC and Mac.

More info on PS3T - http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/te...apture-hd.html and http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/ge...do-i-need.html

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Elgato Game Capture HD

It uses component cables on PS3 because the HDMI signal is encrypted, but it records at full 720p or 1080p depending on the game. I forgot to capture the audio cos it's late and I want some sleep, but we all know what a trophy ding sounds like around here.

The elgato software has built-in editing and YouTube upload capabilities and is available for both PC and Mac.

More info on PS3T - http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/te...apture-hd.html and http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/ge...do-i-need.html
    Thanks for the info, Ant1, I'll definitely look into getting one of these

Get some rest man

|
    |by Smashguy |

illegal in 9 countries

I've been threatening to do this for awhile...here's a quick demo of me playing Unreal Tournament 3 on PS3 with a gamepad vs a Xim adapter with mouse & keyboard. The video also showcases the Elgato GameCapture HD, which IMHO is the easiest and best video capture device on the market for consoles.

Best viewed at 720p so you might want to pop it open on YouTube using the YouTube button above.

Yes...I've played UT3 with native PS3 m/kb support and it's nowhere near as clean and crisp as using a Xim. In fact, native PS3 m/kb is worse than using a Dualshock with slow, sluggish movements and poor vertical (Y-axis) control.

No...I'm not an elite gamer - the video is simply to demonstrate the improved level of control I get by using a m/kb setup on PS3, not to showcase my rocket-launcher bunny-hopping prowess.

I can play console games with a pad and went 100/0 in the UT3 match against piss-weak AI, but I lack the control and dexterity afforded by a mouse & keyboard. In the video you can see I'm all over the place with large, uncontrolled movements using a gamepad compared to the smooth, deliberate control of a mouse. With a Dualshock in my hands against human opposition, I'm dead in the water. With a mouse and keyboard, I stand a fighting chance if not a decided advantage.

I use my Xim for all 1st person and 3rd person shooters on PS3 and 360 with vastly improved results over using a Dualshock. Every shooter on my Plat list was beaten using a Xim. Get one. They're awesome. XIM3.com.

Note: I'm not affiliated in any way with Xim nor its creators, distributors and retailers. I just like the damn thing and want to spread the word to fellow console gamers who'd prefer a mouse and keyboard for any PS3 or 360 game.

Kiwi Defender

*Ignores the long post*

Congratulations for the plat, ant1. What's next ?

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    *Ignores the long post*

Congratulations for the plat, ant1. What's next ?
    72% through CS:GO within 2 hours. I might be able to squeeze out the before New Year's.

Kiwi Defender

72% through CS:GO within 2 hours. I might be able to squeeze out the before New Year's.
    Been told it's doable in 5 hours, so you should be able to get it haha.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on the new plat mate, and more importantly the new addition to the family!

As for CS:GO, platinum time is completely luck based in my opinion. I knocked it out in about 3 hours total I think, where as some people have done it in under an hour and others it has taken up to 10 hours. Good luck with it, I actually had quite a bit of fun on it

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Congrats on the new plat mate, and more importantly the new addition to the family!

As for CS:GO, platinum time is completely luck based in my opinion. I knocked it out in about 3 hours total I think, where as some people have done it in under an hour and others it has taken up to 10 hours. Good luck with it, I actually had quite a bit of fun on it
    Thanks DW. This baby seems a bit more settled and chilled than the prior two, which should help to mitigate the sleep deprivation

I've played CS:GO in short bursts throughout the day between Daddy Daycare duties and only have two more trophies to go. I got within one kill of Rampage on my second attempt and have just missed Bunny Hunt a half dozen times Everything else has been a piece of piss.

I like the new ability to take over bots when you die, but the new modes seem tacked on and unnecessary. Overall, it's the same old CS that I played it to death on PC back in the day and it's just too dated to hold my attention for much longer than I need to play for the trophies. I was hoping for more, but for $15, I can't really complain.

Back to it...

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Congrats on the new plat mate but more importantly, congratulations to you and your missus on the new born. I remember my little girls birth like it was yesterday and throughout her growing up, she was a diamond with regards to sleeping and teething. I hope you both have the same luck as I did . All the best to you and the family mate and happy new year to you all.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    Congrats on the new plat mate but more importantly, congratulations to you and your missus on the new born. I remember my little girls birth like it was yesterday and throughout her growing up, she was a diamond with regards to sleeping and teething. I hope you both have the same luck as I did . All the best to you and the family mate and happy new year to you all.
    Happy New Year to you and your's too mate. The sentiments are greatly appreciated

CS:GO - Rampage! popped. It turns out you can pull a cheesy Change Teams move once you hit the Knife which resets your deaths to zero. Snag your two remaining kills...done.
    Fail? Change Teams again...and there I was trying to earn it legit

Just the dumb luck Bunny Hunt trophy to go. Missed it a dozen times now, but at least I have a method that'll work...eventually!

Same map (Shoots), get the AWP, camp the spawn on the CS side, wait for terrorists to jump from the middle and hope for the best. I swear I've given more than one of them a pierced ear or scrotum...

Mess up the kill and get stuck with the machine gun? Change Teams to get your AWP back for another attempt.

PRO Member

Happy New Year to you and your's too mate. The sentiments are greatly appreciated

CS:GO - Rampage! popped. It turns out you can pull a cheesy Change Teams move once you hit the Knife which resets your deaths to zero. Snag your two remaining kills...done.
    Fail? Change Teams again...and there I was trying to earn it legit

Just the dumb luck Bunny Hunt trophy to go. Missed it a dozen times now, but at least I have a method that'll work...eventually!

Same map (Shoots), get the AWP, camp the spawn on the CS side, wait for terrorists to jump from the middle and hope for the best. I swear I've given more than one of them a pierced ear or scrotum...

Mess up the kill and get stuck with the machine gun? Change Teams to get your AWP back for another attempt.
    Yeah. Seriously fuck that trophy. I was so close many many times. That's what took me the longest honestly. I got it on Arms Race in Baggage as one of the opposing team members was falling off the side of a walkway...not jumping, but falling. Luckiest shot ever made Good luck

|
    |by Smashguy |

PRO Member

Ok now I can say it for real this time CONGRATS ON XCOM PLATINUM..."lol

Forget I Was Ever Here

Congrats to you and your family!!!!! Wooo new born congrats man and also congrats on your new platinum too…will you be taking a break from gaming for awhile?

It is time for me to go underground

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by drjackel666 View Post
    Ok now I can say it for real this time CONGRATS ON XCOM PLATINUM..."lol
    And I can reply for real this time...cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    Congrats to you and your family!!!!! Wooo new born congrats man and also congrats on your new platinum too…will you be taking a break from gaming for awhile?
    Thanks mate.

Nup...no break. I game mostly at night when my kids are asleep, so my schedule remains largely unaffected. My wife will need to tend to the bub for a few months at least (not much a man can do in that department...) so I'm in the clear until she can take a bottle :phew:

If anything I'm looking to ramp it up this year. I've set myself a goal of 50 Plats by the end of the year and to knock over some games I've been meaning to play for awhile, like the Dead Space series and Resident Evil 5.

Forget I Was Ever Here

Alright then sounds good if you should ever need help holler I got a ton of games… I've been taking care of my lil one since birth she didn't like the natural nipple?

It is time for me to go underground

illegal in 9 countries

Damn Bunny Hunt took a couple of hours. I tried a number of methods on a number of maps but ended up getting it using the AWP strategy on Shoots.

Another potentially good spot is Detonation > Bank by camping the ladders to the roof as a Terrorist. I killed three CS bots in one round mid-air, but none counted because I was controlling a bot at the time . First attempt back on Shoots...ding!

Only 18 to go to hit my 2013 goal of 50 s by the end of 2013. At roughly 1 every 3 weeks, I think it's doable.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 01-03-2013 at 07:39 PM.

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast