Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night...

This is a discussion on ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night... within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Congratulations, and good luck with the 50th plat mark. I know I'll most likely get to it before June/July ....

Kiwi Defender

Congratulations, and good luck with the 50th plat mark. I know I'll most likely get to it before June/July .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Congratulations, and good luck with the 50th plat mark. I know I'll most likely get to it before June/July .
    Thank you kind sir . Figured it was about time I set myself some goals...will update my profile in due time with a Goals section and a quick jump menu.

Checklist updated with two new s.

Progress Report added for Unreal Tournament III. The Plat is a long haul, but it's such a ball to play that I'm barely thinking about it.

Red Dead Redemption is back on the play list. Want...Plat...bad.

I've also subscribed to the US PS+, so I might have to hit up Helyx and Co for a Dungeon Defenders boost .

I'm out of pocket all of $15 already for the annual subscription thanks to freebie Anomoly and Quantum Conundrum, which I was going to buy anyway, and discounts on Journey and Killzone 3 MP. Saweeet!

The only shitter is I can't play US VITA games on my OZ PSN account

Kiwi Defender

UT3 is fun as hell. If you ever need help, just ask dj for help - he loves the game. As for RDR, if you ever want help, hit me up . Even more so if you're going after the co-op missions (never started them lol) or want to "share" the Liars & Cheats DLC .

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Local Drunk

Congrats on the 2 new plats mate

Also thanks for the shout out

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

illegal in 9 countries

Figured I might as well tidy up Buzz Quiz TV while I'm in gaming mode. Nailed the silly Lightning Reactions with random clicks on the first attempt.

I had two Buzzers - left hand on blue, right hand on orange and just clicked as fast as the question appeared. I slid each hand down one colour for the next few questions, rinse and repeat...BooM! Done. Getting it legit had previously proved to be hard work, more due to time constraints (three correct answers in 0.5 secs total) than IQ ()

Just the Socialite Silver and Socialite Gold trophies to go, then Buzz will be #2 for the year and one less game on my backlog. It could prove to be a grind and might take a week or two of late night sessions to complete the required 50 games. MyBuzz quizzes don't work.... Maybe I'll just glitch the bitch

Crocodile Hunter

Nice to see you earning trophies again, you been on the same stats for far too long

Sig by Apokolypz

PRO Member

Whoa, you've been busy since I last checked your CL.

First and foremost, big congratulations on the new addition to the family. Hopefully the siblings are helping out a bit too

I'm trying to get my daughter into some LBP at the moment, as my wife would kill me if I allowed her to play anything else, and she loves it! I'd say thats a great starter game for young ones

Also, congrats on the latest plats

Good luck with Buzz, I heard that was a grind. I guess you can break it up by playing a bit of UT3 or even RDR, both enjoyable games.

As always the CL looks badass and I'm not surprised it won 'CL of the year', thats &

Lastly, sorry to hear about your recent YLOD, fortunately, you had a back-up and didn't get set back too badly.

...oh yes, and good luck with hitting your goal this year (50 plats). Judging by you progress, you may need a new goal, around April

Keep up the fine work

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

PRO Member

RDR, huh? I may still have that as well if you need any help with anything

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

illegal in 9 countries

#33 - Buzz's New Best Friend

My Buzz TV save game with 15+ MP games crapped out and would crash the game on character selection, hence the desire to glitch it...it's not the kind of game where you can sit back and enjoy 50 multiplayer matches with yourself. That and I wanted to see if the glitch still worked

It took about 6 attempts but I finally managed to get it by installing only patch 1.10 and canceling 1.20 during download. The process was the simplest of the possible solutions (Google for options) with the 1.10 twist -

1. Delete game data, keep existing save.
    2. Boot-up, skip patch install with
    3. Play one full single-player game and return to main menu during credits.
    4. Start a second single-player game to ensure the save registers, then quit to XMB.
    5. Download and install patch 1/2 (1.10). Cancel the 2nd patch download (1.20) once the first installs.
    6. Fire the game up, doesn't need to be online. Accept terms of use...ding!

The key seemed to be just installing 1.10. Every previous attempt using 1.20 failed. It might just be the fact that I only had 2 trophies remaining for the Plat and which trophies unlock is a crapshoot (no will pop, they need to be earned), so experiment and find your own working method.

All up it took a few hours of downloading and playing single-player games while watching TV, but it was far less work than grinding 50 pointless MP matches over the next four weeks. If my wife was up for it I'd do it legit, but playing Buzz MP solo is a bit like masturbating...it's less fun doing it by yourself.

A plat a month!

Congrats on Buzz's new best friend!

That sucks that you had to go thru all that trouble to get all the trophies!

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on the Buzz platinum dude. I still have Brain of the UK to finish but barely anybody plays it to boost with

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by wandarer View Post
    Congrats on Buzz's new best friend!

That sucks that you had to go thru all that trouble to get all the trophies!
    To be honest, I feel dirty glitching it, but the reality is the remaining two trophies were a simple time-grind requiring no skill with no reward.

I'd already accidentally triggered the glitch a couple of years ago which popped the Sofa trophies while trying to earn Lightning Reactions. I forgot the game didn't launch with trophies but remembered hitting in version 1.0 still allowed you to see the questions (unlike the patched versions), giving you time to choose the correct one. I uninstalled the patches, played a game, the trophy didn't pop and stumbled upon the glitch when reinstalling the patches.

So I'll take the , remove Buzz from the backlog and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Congrats on the Buzz platinum dude. I still have Brain of the UK to finish but barely anybody plays it to boost with
    I'm not sure if it'll work, but I have Brain of Oz and I believe it's the same game. I'll fire it up and take a look.

From memory, that game has some broken trophies too, but not in a good way. The MyBuzz trophy (write 20 quizzes with X ratings) didn't pop, despite meeting the requirements. Same story with some of the others. That's Buzz Quiz World.

Anyway...happy to assist with Buzz, we can at least give it a go

[update] Sorry mate, looks like Brain of Oz contains only localised Australian content, which makes perfect sense. No boost

By the way, for Lightning Reactions, the sequence of Blue > Orange > Green > Yellow > Blue ...(or some segment of) will appear in every Buzz game. The chances of hitting three correct answers are much greater than simply clicking the same colour three times.

If you get lucky and click the correct answer (or know it and click fast enough to get 290+), move your thumb down one colour and it'll happen pretty quickly. If you don't guess the right answer, simply move your thumb to the colour below the correct answer (the game will display it) and continue the sequence.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 01-03-2013 at 10:45 PM.

Forget I Was Ever Here

Congrats on the new platinum friend… Since you got the US PS+ if you need some help with anything out of which i have give a shout!

good luck reaching your goals of 2013 as I too am making some goals to hit, maybe not out do myself from last year but 37 or 38 plats will be hard for me to keep up with

It is time for me to go underground

-i- love myself.

Congrats on the new ! Going through all that trouble was worth it at the end though.

RPG Master

I may not know what kind of game that is but it looks like fun. Congrats on the new plat!
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Congrats on the Buzz plat! I also have to say congrats on the Counter Strike plat as that is just a pain to me (can't get the stupid knife one or the bunny as I always miss the guy when I try sniping them). Your checklist is amazing and love the setup. I'm also trying a goals thing since I have the amount of games to play (over 200 PS3 games) so I don't have an excuse. If you ever need help with certain games to boost, let me know as I'll help you out whenever (I know I'll need the help with certain games as well).
    Haven't updated anything on here since the site went down a year ago with the new servers so lost all my friends and post counts and everything looking to help and get help with games and trophies

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...checklist.html My Trophy checklist

illegal in 9 countries

Thanks gents

Buzz Quiz TV Report Card added to checklist. Also, here -

Yes, that's 4 years and 4 months. Could be a new World Record for the Slowest .

I'm in the planning phase of adding new sections for gameplay videos, goals, stats, weapons of choice (preferred accessories for different genres), game collection, games I want to play, trophies I want to boost and a jump menu. As always, I'll be doing them all my way, so expect the unexpected.

Lots of work to do...should be done by the end of the year...just in time for next year's awards.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 01-04-2013 at 06:35 AM.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Devotor View Post
    Congrats on the Buzz plat! I also have to say congrats on the Counter Strike plat as that is just a pain to me (can't get the stupid knife one or the bunny as I always miss the guy when I try sniping them). Your checklist is amazing and love the setup. I'm also trying a goals thing since I have the amount of games to play (over 200 PS3 games) so I don't have an excuse. If you ever need help with certain games to boost, let me know as I'll help you out whenever (I know I'll need the help with certain games as well).
    The knife kill is easy, I did it while doing the Denied trophy. Get to the knife yourself on Arms Race > Shoots, let the bots kill you until one of them also hits the knife, then dance with the mofo and cut him down...blood...gore...trophy!!!1!

Bunny Hunt...same map. As a Counter-Terrorist get 16 kills for the AWP and camp at the back of the CS zone. Aim towards the Terrorist camp at the gap between buildings in the middle of the map. Watch it for a few minutes and you'll regularly see Terrorists running up the building towards the gap, pausing for a second, then jumping down into the gap. Hit one of them and the trophy is your's. It's dumb luck if you hit or miss, but it shouldn't take too long. I might make a vidya to show the exact location.

I tried a few different methods, but that seemed the most predictable and quickest to reset in case of a fuck-up, eg Change Teams to get AWP back if the kill didn't go to plan.

Always happy for a new boosting partner. Add me on PSN

Kiwi Defender

Nice job. 17 to go until you meet your end of the year mark . What's next, though?

Toggle Spoiler

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Nice job. 17 to go until you meet your end of the year mark . What's next, though?
    Probably Ghost of Sparta. There's not a heap of work involved and it'll remove another game from the backlog.

I also need to pop some online trophies before it's too late in NBA Jam.

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast