Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night...

This is a discussion on ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night... within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; While in the mood to play some Buzz, I thought I'd fire up Buzz Quiz World and knock over some ...

illegal in 9 countries

While in the mood to play some Buzz, I thought I'd fire up Buzz Quiz World and knock over some of the online trophies only to hit a brick wall. It seems www.mybuzzquiz.com is down, meaning if you want to create 20 quizzes for the Amateur Quiz Writer, Master Quiz Writer and Proof Reader trophies, you're pretty much screwed...or so it would seem.

Click here - http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/bu...tml#post430102

It's a dick-around, but it works! I got the Proof Reader trophy tonight, which is otherwise near impossible to get.

I could use some help for the Socialite trophy. I need two boosters with a copy of Buzz Quiz World and two buzzers to join a game with me. I'll provide the other two users and four Buzz controllers. We can all get this shitty trophy out of the way together.

PRO Member

Congrats on the Buzz game plat.

Saints Row IV

Ant i can help if you want xD
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

-i- love myself.

Congrats on the new !

illegal in 9 countries

Life has been a bit busy with a new daughter in the house and a tonne of work on my plate, hence the lack of updates recently.

There are 3 new report cards to post for Skylanders, Skylanders Giants and Port Royale 3, I'll get onto them over the weekend.

I've spent a bomb on Skylanders figures (my kids go nuts for them) so I figured I might as well play the games and level up their skills for my boy. Despite the ho-hum graphics (I blame Wii cross-platform development) it's a surprisingly decent platformer. It's not up to Crash Bandicoot standard but still much more fun than anticipated, with a sprinkling of moderately challenging trophies for good measure.

Nightmare mode on Giants is 1 or 2 hit death territory, so you do need to watch your toes. The Adventure Packs help a great deal in the few challenging fights encountered in the campaign - dropping the pirate ship / crypt / dragon's peak / ice house figure onto the portal deals 999 damage to everything on the screen, as long as they're not blocking.

By the time you've got the and completed the Skylanders' stories, you're only 40-50% of the way through the game's content, so it'll be keeping my kids busy for years to come.

Hot Tip - as soon as you finish the Giants game there's a $6K stash of gems on the roof ($15K after completing Nightmare) you can use to quickly boost Spend that Loot and the stats of all of your Skylanders. Money is stored on your Skylanders figure, not in the game save, so quit to XMB after collecting the gems, reboot Giants and run the roof as many times as you like. The Winged Sapphire on the roof alongside the gems forces an auto-save and will kill your gem run, so pick it up after level 14 before completing the game to avoid the problem.

Port Royale 3 is a grind-a-thon. As much as I like economic / empire sims, this game gets tiresome after 10 or 20 hours once you come to grips with the warehouse & trade route systems and optimising your supply chains. It's only at that point (about $5 million in the bank which rapidly builds to $250+ million by the time you're done) that you can ignore the economy and focus on what little fun there is to be had hunting pirates and annexing rival towns.

If you intend to go for this , I can't recommend strongly enough changing the Pirate strength to maximum in Options. While that may seem counter-intuitive (pirates attack your convoys and steal your goodies), pirates are the life-blood of a fast run. You need pirates to quickly boost your reputation with other nations (other methods are incredibly slow), which makes annexing the 30 towns needed for Vici significantly easier and less of a grind.

The more pirates you have available on the map (attack but don't kill their hideouts!), the faster it is to rack up Crow's Nest (which is buggy), Davey Jones' Locker, Disposable Weapons, Lean Back, Lord of War, Whizz Kid, Hoarding, Hunt for Booty, Keelhaul, Wolf in Sheep's Clothing and Checkmate. Once you've knocked over those ball-ache grind trophies, head for Arm of the Law and the warm and fuzzy realisation you'll never have to play Port Royale 3 again...

Oh, and don't buy the PR3 DLC. It's possibly linked to the buggy Crow's Nest trophy (which added 10 hours to my game time :grrr: ) and is not worth the money for the scant few useless buildings it adds to the game.

Notorious K.I.D.

Congratulations on the new plats. My kids have been bugging me to get Skylanders, sounds like something I may enjoy myself. I'm just not sure if I want to spend the money to get all the extra stuff.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by kid420247 View Post
    Congratulations on the new plats. My kids have been bugging me to get Skylanders, sounds like something I may enjoy myself. I'm just not sure if I want to spend the money to get all the extra stuff.
    I was hesitant to go down the Skylanders path knowing that if bought one, I'd have to buy them all...just the unreleased Ninjini giant and the rare Boomer to go...gah!

The trophies can be completed with the starter pack Skylanders, but three additional characters will make both games significantly easier. Buy Series 2 Drobot, Series 1 Pirate Seas Adventure Pack (Terrafin) and Series 2 Double Trouble. Don't buy Lightcore figures, they're not compatible with the first Skylanders game.

These three characters are fantastic and Tree Rex (starter pack character) is the best of the Giants. Terrafin is extremely helpful for a few challenging boss fight trophies, his Pirate Ship does 999 damage when placed on the portal once per level and the Hidden Treasure item helps with early game skill levelling. Drobot wipes everything off the map from long range and Double Trouble deals massive mid and melee range DPS.

From a gameplay perspective, none of the other Skylanders figures are worth the outlay and the bonuses you get from the element-locked sub-levels aren't worth buying extra Skylanders to get.

illegal in 9 countries

Normal play-through of Uncharted 3 complete...and I liked it!

Like many, many games in my backlog, I've been meaning to tackle UC3 for awhile. I held off playing it for a year following the high benchmark set by UC2 (my GoTY for 2009) and the criticism leveled at UC3 on these forums for being somewhat of a let-down. My fears were quickly allayed by the gorgeous graphics, rich story, meaty characters and phenomenal level design we've come to expect from Naughty Dog.

UC3 may not *quite* live up to standards of its predecessors in terms of story with weak antagonists this time around. Many of the game devices and assets were recycled with obligatory cliff hangings, broken ceilings & crumbling paths and Drake spouting "Ah crap!" every few minutes. The gunplay always feels a bit awkward in Uncharted to me, but Naughty Dog employs some of the best level designers in the business and as a consequence, the game was an absolute thrill-ride to play. I didn't think they could surpass UC2's train wreck, helicopter battle and tank pursuit levels, but they've come close in the burning chateau, hallucination, plane crash & sinking ship sequences.

Well done ND. I can't fucking wait for The Last of Us
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 03-23-2013 at 11:05 AM.

A plat a month!

Congrats at the arrival of the new little one!

Glad to see you enjoyed UC3. I thought some of the stuff in the game was recycled as well, but still was an overall epic game!

PRO Member

Congrats on the new s but especially for your enjoying play through of UC3, I've had that on my shelf for the longest time as well, but I'm reluctant to put it in due to the ridiculous ton of DLC shite they released for it...I know, I should take my own advice and just play it for the sake of the game.

Keep up the good work man.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

illegal in 9 countries

Thanks DP.

I've just finished my Crushing run on UC3. After installing the 1.17 patch for the online trophies at around Chapter 6 of Crushing, a new option cropped up for Alternative Aim Settings under Camera. As some may know, I use a mouse and keyboard with the Xim adaptor to play shooters on PS3 and the difference between enabling and disabling this setting is night and day.

Previously, the mouse aim was sluggish and inaccurate, particularly for pinpoint movements when aiming for headshots. Now, it's the slickest shooting of the trilogy and I had a blast rolling through Crushing.

Oddly, the only part that gave me trouble was working out what to do in the Cutter fight, which ended up being to more or less mash until a timer ran out and Sully & Chloe came running back into the room. It was piss-easy on Normal, but I couldn't quite get the timing down in Crushing.

A few mop-up trophies and 19 treasures to find on Very Easy and the UC3 is in the bag. My only advice is to save the Hammer and Tau for the Djinn battles. They turn what were challenging battles on Normal into pretty easy fights on Crushing. The ballroom battle was probably the toughest in the game. Even then, it was just a matter of using the Tau quickly on the right foes, then finding the right box to hide behind to clean up the rest of them.

I'll have to get back to Borderlands 2 tomorrow. Just a handful of minor challenges to go, perform an online trade and heal a friend and that'll be a wrap too.

illegal in 9 countries

I just noticed I hit Level 20 with the Charted! - Crushing trophy. Good for me.

Forget I Was Ever Here

UC3 YAY glad you been enjoying it great game and your finally getting to your backlog games?

I read your comment on Dragons page about ME series. I've never really heard anything about the series I don't want to get into it is all. I'm not saying it isn't good obviously cause i haven't played it maybe one day i will try it out

It is time for me to go underground

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Big fan of your checklist - it's original and I'll definitely be coming back to check it out. I liked UC3 a lot, although the final boss was a little lackluster compared to the one in UC2. Congratulations on getting the hardest trophy in the game; the rest is just cleanup now.

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `Best Trophy Checklist (2014)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)

Currently Playing
    `Batman: Arkham Knight [95%]
    `AC: Syndicate [6%]
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    I'll have to get back to Borderlands 2 tomorrow. Just a handful of minor challenges to go, perform an online trade and heal a friend and that'll be a wrap too.
    Hell yeah, let me know when you need help with the BL2 stuff. Last time, you asked me whether I could help out with those and until now, I was wondering when you would finally get around to the game, haha. And oh, congrats on your latest achievements!
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    UC3 YAY glad you been enjoying it great game and your finally getting to your backlog games?

I read your comment on Dragons page about ME series. I've never really heard anything about the series I don't want to get into it is all. I'm not saying it isn't good obviously cause i haven't played it maybe one day i will try it out
    It's a cracking space opera with characters you actually care about, which is a rare thing for me and has also changed the way I think about what makes a good RPG. I'm honestly struggling to play other RPGs because the bar was set so high by Mass Effect. I'll go so far as calling the trilogy my games of the decade - with the exception of some crappy side-quest play in the first game, they are that good.

Quote Originally Posted by TerminalPhoenix View Post
    Big fan of your checklist - it's original and I'll definitely be coming back to check it out. I liked UC3 a lot, although the final boss was a little lackluster compared to the one in UC2. Congratulations on getting the hardest trophy in the game; the rest is just cleanup now.
    Thanks Phoenix.

I agree with the lacklustre uber-boss battle - it was a joke compared to that prick Lazarevic. The villains didn't seem to have much of a motive, much of a plan or frankly, possess much in the way of "evil". It was just some old broad and her weak-ass henchmen fishing for an urn. Thankfully the awesomesauce gameplay made up for the story's shortcomings.

Yep, the rest of the clean-up is cake.

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    Hell yeah, let me know when you need help with the BL2 stuff. Last time, you asked me whether I could help out with those and until now, I was wondering when you would finally get around to the game, haha. And oh, congrats on your latest achievements!
    Thank you my good man.

I got caught up in Port Royale 3 for a couple of weeks (dagnam buggy trophies!) and had a bit of real-life stuff to do, hence the delay. Expect a call-up in the next few days I've seen you playing ME3 lately and didn't want to disturb you.

illegal in 9 countries

UC3 is done and dusted.

Back into Borderlands 2 this week, then maybe onto Heavy Rain, Dead Space, Deus Ex, Batman AA, Bioshock or Resident Evil 5. They're the 6 games I really want to complete this year (better late than never), along with tidying up the God of War series, LA Noire, Buzz Quiz World, UT3 & Darkness II.

I might also tackle the Ratchet & Clank series and get into a few RPGs - Mass Effect, Dragon's Dogma, Skyrim, Demon's Souls and Ni No Kuni. Maybe toss in Vanquish and Sleeping Dogs for good measure.

So many games, so little time... I'd like to hit 50 Platinums by the end of the year, without resorting to too many easy games to pad the stats.

Lord of all Goat-Men

Congrats. You ever going to take a stab at the UC3 MP trophies?
    I'm going to be trying to plat a lot of those same games! Very keen for Ni No Kuni and Vanquish.
    Good luck on the way to 50!

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Congrats. You ever going to take a stab at the UC3 MP trophies?
    Probably not. I don't have enough time to grind out online MP trophies. That and I got my ass handed to me by Level 74 guys in the only competitive MP game I needed to play for the Thrillseeker trophy...the UC servers aren't particularly newb friendly.

Fortunately for me, the Buddy System co-op trophy can be achieved offline in split-screen. Fire up Arena, walk up to your partner (2nd controller), drop a grenade, repeat 8 times...ding!

By contrast, I had a moderately challenging time getting the UC2 co-op trophy because no-one wanted to play with a Level 1. Some French dude gave me a hand after a couple of evenings trying to find a game .

-i- love myself.

Congrats on the UC3 ! Amazing game.

Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast