Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night...

This is a discussion on ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night... within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by Qurb Congrats on the UC3 ! Amazing game. Thanks Qurb The Uncharted series is probably my favourite ...

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Qurb View Post
    Congrats on the UC3 ! Amazing game.
    Thanks Qurb

The Uncharted series is probably my favourite PS exclusive of this generation. All 3 games were a little bit challenging to play with mouse & keyboard due to UC's sluggish aim and steep acceleration. On the other hand, there's no way I could do it using a DualShock - I'm truly atrocious at using a gamepad for console shooters.

VitaUnlocked

Amazing checklist with very original layout. Awesome

Roo Commander

Congrats on platting UC3 Ant

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by spanishstoat View Post
    Amazing checklist with very original layout. Awesome
    Cheers SS. I have some changes coming down the pipe that'll make it a little bit better. Just need some time and motivation to get things cracking.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Congrats on platting UC3 Ant
    Thanks Feral. Have one on me......well, preferably not ON me, but you get the point.

So I decided Dead Space is the next cab off the rank. I'm long overdue to fire it up and first impressions are good - the UI alone is worth the price of admission. The game controls well with easy, accurate targeting when using a mouse / kb. Turning speed (which I'm sure I'll need with Necros crawling up my butt at every turn) is a bit pants, but it's reasonably fast in ADS.

Spooky, claustrophobic games like Doom 3 and FEAR tend to freak me out a bit, which is sorta why I've left Dead Space on the shelf for so long. Alas, it's time to drink a cup of concrete and harden up - it's only a game...right?
    My nightmares won't know the difference!

I've progressed to the Shop on Chapter 1 and I'm after a little bit of advice for my Plasma Cutter playthrough before I go any further...that's my excuse anyway - I'm playing late at night in pitch black with surround sound headphones on and the lighting and audio is making me crap my pants!

What's the best DLC gear (I bought most of it years ago) -

Scorpion, Heavy Damage, Military or Speed Kills DLC for the Plasma Cutter?
    Will taking a DLC version screw up my Plasma Cutter run?
    Best suit - Scorpion, Obsidian or Tank?

What's the best path to take for gear upgrades?

I'm assuming weapon Damage and Capacity as the first priority, then Stasis etc, then Health. I'm on an Easy run first to get used to the game and no doubt everything will be upgraded by the time I get to Impossible, so Health seems a lower priority on Easy given I can simply reload a checkpoint.

Thanks in advance, I appreciate the help
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 03-25-2013 at 09:20 AM.

Roo Commander

Have fun with Dead Space mate. Only way to play that game is smashed then you don't jump at anything lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Thanks Feral. Have one on me......well, preferably not ON me, but you get the point.
    Lol, I possibly get the point

Editor in Chief - Editorials

Since you're playing on Easy, I'd definitely go for the weapon upgrades, but alternate between those and health. Don't even bother with air or oxygen or w/e it is. If you find yourself using it, put one or two points into stasis.
    Just in case you're not using the guide, one important thing is to always keep a spare power node with you at all times, as they can be used to open special doors to rooms full of loot.

Random Access Memories

Faust already pretty much said what I was going to. Definitely forget about air. Waste of nodes. Hope you enjoy the game as much as I did!

Oh, yeah...and congrats on UC3

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

illegal in 9 countries

Thanks Faust and daft. I'll be sure to pack a spare Node

It didn't take much effort to determine the best DLC suit and weapon - it's easily the Tank rig (+60% damage resistance) and Heavy Damage cutter (apparently it's +5 damage, or 15 vs 10 compared to the standard cutter).

A few more questions -

1. do upgraded weapons and armour carry over to New Game Plus?
    2. will completing Easy unlock Impossible?
    3. are three playthroughs required or will two do the job?

From what I read about Dead Space while downloading the DLC, it's probably a smarter move to do the Impossible run using just the Plasma Cutter from an ammo conservation / cost perspective. And given there's a number of Credit glitches, I'm also guessing I can get away with only 2 playthroughs if I refocus my Easy run on picking up the "kill 30 with weapon X" trophies and maxing out all stats. I'm only at the start of Chapter 2, so it's easy to adapt my run to suit the trophy requirements.

#cutformesa

It didn't take much effort to determine the best DLC suit and weapon - it's easily the Tank rig (+60% damage resistance) and Heavy Damage cutter (apparently it's +5 damage, or 15 vs 10 compared to the standard cutter).
    Yes.

A few more questions -

1. do upgraded weapons and armour carry over to New Game Plus?
    2. will completing Easy unlock Impossible?
    3. are three playthroughs required or will two do the job?
    Yes, (though NG+ is only in effect when on the same difficulty; changing it will reset your upgrade progress) yes (though you need to select it right away and make a save on Impossible - it tends to re-lock itself), and it's more like two and a half. One full playthrough to unlock Impossible, one full playthrough to finish it (either of those could be the One Gun run), and then some left over. You can't max everything in a single playthrough, and will need to go through part of the game again.

I'd recommend playing through on easy, using all of the weapons, and then once you're finished, start a New Game on impossible before you quit to XMB/turn off the system. Once you reach your first save point, you're set - I'd then go back to the Easy save, do a NG+, and play through until you get all the unlocks and misc. weapon trophies taken care of. Then you can focus on doing the One Gun and Impossible while having a fairly good idea of the layouts and without having to worry about other trophies afterward.

Also, don't forget there are some cheats you can use for Impossible if you're so inclined. They can be used for bonus credits and nodes (all one-use per playthrough, and to replenish oxygen/stasis (unilimited uses, which in the case of stasis makes combat a breeze).

From what I read about Dead Space while downloading the DLC, it's probably a smarter move to do the Impossible run using just the Plasma Cutter from an ammo conservation / cost perspective. And given there's a number of Credit glitches, I'm also guessing I can get away with only 2 playthroughs if I refocus my Easy run on picking up the "kill 30 with weapon X" trophies and maxing out all stats. I'm only at the start of Chapter 2, so it's easy to adapt my run to suit the trophy requirements.
    See above.

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Curb View Post
    Also, don't forget there are some cheats you can use for Impossible if you're so inclined. They can be used for bonus credits and nodes (all one-use per playthrough, and to replenish oxygen/stasis (unilimited uses, which in the case of stasis makes combat a breeze).
    I noticed there were codes in the Dead Space guide...at least at one point in time. The image links are dead now
    Luckily, you're just the man I need to get that fixed
    By the looks of the source code, an admin needs to update the URLs or upload the old images to correct the issue.

Random Access Memories

Also, I'd like to mention a glitch that I've encountered that I feel you should know about. It happened to me on Impossible, but I believe there was a way to solve it. Let me know when you've finished the game as to not spoil anything for you

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

#cutformesa

I noticed there were codes in the Dead Space guide...at least at one point in time. The image links are dead now
    Luckily, you're just the man I need to get that fixed
    By the looks of the source code, an admin needs to update the URLs or upload the old images to correct the issue.
    Ah, so they are . I sent Aqua a VM letting him know; hopefully he'll fix them up.

in the meantime, here are the codes if you're interested in suing them!

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

Editor in Chief - Editorials

I'd definitely use the codes for your NG+. By the time you finish your first playthrough, and your Impossible one, you're going to be feeling more than a little bored. Use statis refill to blast through the last one. As Curb said, definitely make your Impossible playthrough your Plasma Cutter run - the weapon is plenty powerful, and as long as you play smart you won't need anything else. Ammo drops are rarer in Impossible as well, so having only one weapon will mean higher drop-rates for the ammo you need.

El Campeador

Congrats on your recent

Saw it in your sig, that you won cl of the year 2012

Gotta say your cl is one of the top three!

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol| xEl_Cidx's La Conquista | xEl_Cidx's recent Gaming Activities+ Boosting
    xEl_Cidx's Battle of the Sexes - Round 43 just started

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Fucking amazing checklist; all I can say really. Best of luck with all your endeavours, man.
    "Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much."
    "I swear I used to be somebody."

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Gotakibono View Post
    Fucking amazing checklist; all I can say really. Best of luck with all your endeavours, man.
    Thank you kind sir. Coming from you, that means something

In other news, I've just finished my first playthrough of Dead Space and as recommended, didn't save after the credits rolled, but Impossible mode is not there despite the game stating it had been unlocked!...WTF?!? Fortunately killing the hive mind ain't a tough gig, so it's easy enough to repeat the last checkpoint, but I'm slightly annoyed nonetheless

Speaking of Dead Space, nice review Gota (I read it yesterday) . True to form, Dead Space scared the shit outta me and I've been having nightmares of having to lead my kids off the Ishimura through wave after wave of Necromorphs...

Well I haven't been here in awhile thats for sure your CL still looks grand one of the best! Congrats on your UC3 bud and that GOW speed run is a since no sweat gl with all your games you have started
    Sig & Yoo_Hoo's made by Pancake Model
    Avy made by DARE

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    Well I haven't been here in awhile thats for sure your CL still looks grand one of the best! Congrats on your UC3 bud and that GOW speed run is a since no sweat gl with all your games you have started
    Thanks Yoo Hoo. I have some changes planned for the checklist but have yet to find the motivation to do the work. All in good time and I'm in no hurry.

For Dead Space, I think I misread part of the guide where it says not to save between finishing Chapter 12 and starting a new Impossible game. That seems to only apply to a New Game + playthrough, which is why Impossible didn't show up as an option

I'll try again tonight and make the save when prompted. Then onto my Impossible run and mopping up a few minor trophies in NG+. Only one weapon left to max, one weapon left for X kills, gravity panels, melee kills and the dreaded asteroid mini-game. Another week and I'll have the .

Not sure what to play next - Borderlands 2 seems the obvious choice (bored...), maybe clean up a couple of God of War games (agitating...), LA Noire (bored...) & UT3 (grind...) and I'll definitely be starting Tomb Raider.

Kiwi Defender

If you're bored, don't play NA Loire. You'll get bored even more. It's the kind of game you've got to be eager to play due how slow it is.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    If you're bored, don't play NA Loire. You'll get bored even omre. It's the kind of game you've got to be eager to play due how slow it is.
    Yeah it's boring as batshit, but I'm most of the way through and want to see how it ends. I wouldn't mind a change of pace after a couple of action games back-to-back

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast