Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night...

This is a discussion on ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night... within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; My major work clients have all been on holidays this past week, so i've been afforded the luxury of going ...

illegal in 9 countries

My major work clients have all been on holidays this past week, so i've been afforded the luxury of going on a gaming bender for the first time in years. Since Dead Space is giving me a bit of stick and I don't feel like starting another game yet, I figured I'd polish off a few games that have been close to the Plat for months or years.

Like LBP and BL2, I only had a few mop up trophies to go in Ghost of Sparta. It's the easiest of the GoW games, so I don't know why I haven't bothered tidying it up to date. One dedicated evening to finish off my half-completed Hard Run, pick up a couple of missing treasures along the way, nuke a hundred or so Brood while farming orbs to open up and complete Athena's challenges and ding!... The Ghost With The Most.

That's 3 Plats in 4 days, with the potential for another 2 this week. With only 3 trophies left to go in Dead Space and 2 in God of War, I should also be able to clean them up in the next few days, depending on anger management. GoW challenges frustrate the shit outta me - no other games piss me off as much as the adventures of Kratos

My recent bump in motivation has been due to setting some trophy goals for 2013. I'd like to rack up 50 Platinums on my profile by the end of the year, which means I need 1 Plat every 3 weeks to stay on track. By tidying up some games that'll only take a day or two at most to complete, it leaves room to tackle more time-consuming games like Mass Effect, Demon's Souls, Skyrim & Dragon's Dogma and still meet my goal.

Wish me luck ladies, I'll need it.

#cutformesa

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    blah blah blah something something blah Mass Effect something blah

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

Kiwi Defender

Good luck, Rhyhorn . You're close to catching me up now .

Also, which version of DS do you have? Depending on that, I might be able to help you out (and no, I don't mean dropping you stuff, but I can do that, too).

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

illegal in 9 countries

I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite quote in this thread -

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s
    blah blah blah something something blah Mass Effect something blah
    Fuck you're funny Curb

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Good luck, Rhyhorn . You're close to catching me up now .

Also, which version of DS do you have? Depending on that, I might be able to help you out (and no, I don't mean dropping you stuff, but I can do that, too).
    There's a bit of a quality gap between our profiles Nag, but I'm working to improve mine this year. I'll still play kiddy games every now and then because...you know...I do have kids, but I'll balance it with some respectable titles.

I have both EU and US editions of DS...I think. I subscribed to US PS+ on an alt a few months back to score some discounted goodies (games are about 35% cheaper than the Oz store) and snagged the US version in the process. :joy:

The plan is to see how I go on my own with the EU game and cheese the US version. I remember having trouble with scaring off the Crystal Geckos on my previous short attempt at DS. The rest of the game doesn't bother me - the punishing difficulty really only kicks in if you're careless, which suits my playstyle, and most of the bosses can be beaten pretty cheaply.

Kiwi Defender

There's a bit of a quality gap between our profiles Nag, but I'm working to improve mine this year. I'll still play kiddy games every now and then because...you know...I do have kids, but I'll balance it with some respectable titles.

I have both EU and US editions of DS...I think. I subscribed to US PS+ on an alt a few months back to score some discounted goodies (games are about 35% cheaper than the Oz store) and snagged the US version in the process. :joy:

The plan is to see how I go on my own with the EU game and cheese the US version. I remember having trouble with scaring off the Crystal Geckos on my previous short attempt at DS. The rest of the game doesn't bother me - the punishing difficulty really only kicks in if you're careless, which suits my playstyle, and most of the bosses can be beaten pretty cheaply.
    I'll gladly help you "cheese" the US version, then. There'll probably be no need to even bother hunting Crystal Lizards . And we can use all the cheap tactics available to us to beat the bosses if you wish haha. I'd just need to make sure I have everything in my inventory/with Thomas and then create a new character (if necessary) to beat bosses right from the beginning .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Congrats on snagging a few Plats within a few days. I think it might be time for me to start playing more again, maybe even get back into LBP as well
    Haven't updated anything on here since the site went down a year ago with the new servers so lost all my friends and post counts and everything looking to help and get help with games and trophies

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...checklist.html My Trophy checklist

illegal in 9 countries

Don't get cocky kid...done.

I couldn't make out shit from clay on the 24" PS3 3D screen, so I swapped to the 52" Bravia, maxed the brightness and nailed that sucker with the DualShock.

Being a HUGELY dominant left-hander I needed to use my left thumb on the right analog stick, but it only took maybe 10 attempts and 15 minutes tops. Got close a few times in the high 40's before nailing the first two waves flawlessy then cruising through the final wave to finish on 57%. All up it took maybe an hour and a bit and 40 or so attempts, so it's not that bad, I just needed to wait for a half-decent spawn.

Glad that's done - I rarely react to any trophy popping but this one deserved a small fist-pump Only a couple more Impossible levels stand between me and the misspelt Concodrance Officer, then onto the God of War challenges and Speed Run for the 5th Plat in a week...maybe.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 04-09-2013 at 03:51 AM.

illegal in 9 countries

Dead Space is toast...
    Concodrance Officer
    ...but check this shit out -

Dead Space - 100%, no Plat.

I forgot to sync Don't get cocky kid from my TV to my desktop, so the didn't pop . I synced the two PS3s, fired up the game and it has now registered, but there's a 5 min lag between the final trophy and the :boohoo:

I considered leaving it sans Platinum trophy for shits and giggles but thought better of it.

For the Impossible playthrough, the DLC Tank Rig = easy mode. 60% damage reduction. Nuff said.

Next up - Portal 2. If any Aussies are up for the co-op trophies, let me know. It'll be easier to knock them over in the same timezone.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 04-09-2013 at 06:34 AM.

Beast Incarnate

Congratulations on the Dead Space platinum dude

-i- love myself.

Congrats on the Dead Space ! Good luck with Portal 2.

Lord of all Goat-Men

I'd love to do Portal 2, but won't be able to for a few weeks at least

Congrats on your messed up DS Plat

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    I'd love to do Portal 2, but won't be able to for a few weeks at least
    Works for me. I'll complete as much as I can on split-screen to familiarise myself with the courses then mop-up the remaining trophies.

Local Drunk

Congrats on platting Dead Space mate

I've got Portal 2, as well.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    I've got Portal 2, as well.
    Sweet. Let me know if you wanna have a crack at the co-op. I think GDT and Kerwan need them too. We can get like an orgy of Portal 2 trophies happening.

Local Drunk

Sweet. Let me know if you wanna have a crack at the co-op. I think GDT and Kerwan need them too. We can get like an orgy of Portal 2 trophies happening.
    Definitely mate, sounds good. Do they? Ha ha ha an all Aussie Portal 2 trophy orgy

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lord of all Goat-Men

A bunch of Aussies drinking heavily and popping in and out of each other's magical orifices? Sign me up!

illegal in 9 countries

Forgot to mention...I bought the PS All Stars Super Mega Awesome Battle PS3 + Vita games on the Egg Hunt sale for $25, but the Vita download won't install. This issue affected quite a few people, so after a week of dicking around, Sony refunded the cost of purchase plus added a free copy of both games to my Downloads list as an apology for fucking up the Vita file.

I also bought Womb Raider during the sale at a heavily discounted price. I'm a bit of a tight-arse so it broke with my standard "only pay $20 a game" protocol, but after the PS All Stars Super Mega Awesome Battle balls-up, I wound up with three games for $40. Win

Moral of the story - if you bought PS All Stars Super Mega Awesome Battle during the Egg Hunt sale, check your PS Store cart for a pleasant surprise.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Works for me. I'll complete as much as I can on split-screen to familiarise myself with the courses then mop-up the remaining trophies.
    Nice work on Dead Space.

I'm good to go with Portal 2 coop if you need a partner, i finish first term of Tafe in 2 days so should be good to go.

Hell yeah about getting my money back, even though i never tried installing the Vita [need to check my PS Store now ]

got the vita version free with my vita, so 2 birds with 1 stone

Latest : #112 / RAYMAN: Origins [VITA]

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by STRANGEgenius View Post
    I'm good to go with Portal 2 coop if you need a partner, i finish first term of Tafe in 2 days so should be good to go.
    Sounds good SG, happy to help

I've started a thread in the Aussie Gamers group for anyone else interested in Portal 2 co-op.

Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast