Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night...

This is a discussion on ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night... within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; So just picked up DGCK in 5 goes... Feeling a little guilty...

Lord of all Goat-Men

So just picked up DGCK in 5 goes...
    Feeling a little guilty

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    So just picked up DGCK in 5 goes...
    Feeling a little guilty
    More like a little cocky

In my defense, it only took me 10 attempts with a DualShock. My first 30 or so were with a Xim Edge + mouse / kb over a few sessions. My mouse setup is normally really good for general gameplay in PS3 shooters with pixel-perfect accuracy, but in the Dead Space asteroid mini-game it was awful and would twitch all over the place.

And being a lefty from a 20 year PC gaming background, I SUCK BALLS at shooting with a DualShock. My left thumb is the dextrous one, my right thumb is spastic in comparison with little fine motor control. So I had to use my left thumb on the right analog stick to get anywhere near close to hitting a moving target. Not optimal for normal gameplay, but it worked for the asteroids.

Success also depends on the spawn, and a little luck. You musta had a completely clear run with no big or fast asteroids...(yeah, that'll do).

That's three, count'em three excuses, none of them particularly good . Frankly I'm surprised it didn't take me longer...I really am THAT bad with a DualShock.

Good work trooper

Lord of all Goat-Men

As payment for my Hubris I forgot to start an Impossible playthrough immediately after finishing my first, so I had to do a whole extra playthrough which ruined my plat speedrun. Karma is a bitch

illegal in 9 countries

As payment for my Hubris I forgot to start an Impossible playthrough immediately after finishing my first, so I had to do a whole extra playthrough which ruined my plat speedrun. Karma is a bitch
    Ahh...hubris my old friend. Where would my life be without you?

Nice work pooping out the in under two days! I don't have that kind of spare time on my hands...too many rugrats nipping at my ankles.

illegal in 9 countries

I've been crook as a dog for a couple of weeks and have spent very little time gaming of late. Things are on the up again, so I finally dragged myself back to the PS3 to finish off Modern Warfare 2.

#42 - Is That All You Got?

This one took some concerted effort for the Spec Ops missions. I had a mate come around to help with them offline, there was no way I could bang'em out on Veteran solo.

A handful of the tougher Spec Ops missions later, a Recruit run to clean up the Intel, a few skills trophies mopped up...and the dishes are done!

The last trophy to pop was Drive By, which gave me a little bit of trouble. Most of the interwebs advice I read said it was easiest on the final campaign mission Endgame in the rubber ducky. A half-dozen attempts later and I got sick of the AI kill-stealing, so I nailed it in the Spec Ops Race, which was a piece of piss in comparison.

Back to faffing about in LittleBigPlanet Karting. My 3 year old son bugged me into playing it and it's proven to be good, clean, simple fun.

When my concentration span is back above that of a goldfish, I'll tackle Portal 2 co-op. I'll hit you up soon boys!

Local Drunk

Sucks bout you being crook mate but you still manage to crawl back and get another plat, well done

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on the MW2 platinum dude, I still have to finish that myself, I just suck at FPS lol

PRO Member

If you see me online and want a partner for the portal 2 co-op let me know. I think it's been long enough that I've forgotten the puzzle solutions and should be fun again. I have a 2nd account you can use for Professor Portal as well.

Kiwi Defender

Nice work with MW2. Spec Ops was probably the brightest spot of that game, and I know I had fun trying to 3-star everything with a friend.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lord of all Goat-Men

*Pokes Ant1 with a stick*

Guise.

I think he's dead guise.

illegal in 9 countries

*Pokes Ant1 with a stick*

Guise.

I think he's dead guise.
    Oww!...shit man! What the fuck was that? Still alive and kicking.

Been busy pulling together an e-com site for the last 6 weeks and working 14 hour days lately to get it wrapped up, so I'm surprised it's only been 3 weeks long since I last updated the thread.

I have been gaming but haven't synced my trophies for awhile. Aside from tooling around in LBP Karting and Sega & Sonic Transformed with my son, I've been grinding through Ni No Kuni for a change of pace.

Still keen on Portal 2 co-op. One more week of hard yakka and I should be in the clear.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 05-24-2013 at 09:30 AM.

Lord of all Goat-Men

*pokes again just to double-check*

Good to hear you're alright
    I've got three weeks left of uni myself.
    Unfortunately, my copy of Portal 2 seems to have gone astray, so it doesn't look like I'll be co-oping anytime soon

How's Ni No Kuni? I'm thinking about picking it up during my break when I'll actually have the time to dedicate to it.

illegal in 9 countries

How's Ni No Kuni? I'm thinking about picking it up during my break when I'll actually have the time to dedicate to it.
    Ni No Kuni is boring and repetitive, but it's pretty to look at and relaxing to play. I'm in the mood for a mind-numbing grind and dull story, so I'll see it through.

The combat is a mix of Final Fantasy and Pokemon, albeit with terrible companion AI. You basically have to disable your party members' magic and give them physical familiars to be remotely useful.

Given most of the 450-ish familiar types are primarily magic casters, all but a handful are completely useless. Even then, you have to be careful how you pair your familiars because the AI has a tendency to completely ignore your DPS units in favour of piss-weak attacks on strong defenders.

The story is told in typical JPRG fashion with some cutesy cut-scenes mixed with page upon page of dialogue text that I can't be fucked reading... marks the spot.

And don't fall into the "Ooh! Studio Ghibli!" trap - I'm 40% through and have seen maybe 8 minutes total of short, poorly animated cut-scenes tossed at random into the storyline. The game engine stuff is much, much better.

To sum it up in a word...disappointing. I was hoping for something to rival Valkyria Chronicles and in terms of polish, it does, however the combat and AI leaves a lot to be desired. Play it if you're not up for a challenge and want to cruise through a game for a change.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 05-24-2013 at 09:28 AM.

illegal in 9 countries

Quick update: I'm rapidly closing in on the Ni No Kuni Platinum. It's easy as piss, chock-full of bog-standard JPRG conventions and is a massive grind-a-thon, but has been a nice change of pace.

My overall impression of the game has improved throughout the course of the story. It starts well enough, has a bland mid-game and ends with a bang (not really...still pretty dull), then onto the monotonous & seemingly endless post-game grind. A few more sessions and it'll be another 100 hour RPG on my trophy card.

My only advice for Ni No Kuni (aside from avoid if you hate grinding) is to capture a Dinoceros as soon as you get the dragon and grind TokoTokos to level up quickly. In combat, use Earsplitter ad nauseum...game over.

Next up: a couple of games with my 3 year old son. He's finally hit an age where we can play video games together and it's as fun as a barrel full of monkeys. We'll be playing Wonderbook: Book of Spells and Diggs Nightcrawler which should result in a couple of short and sweet Plats before I dig in for some Demon's Souls or Dragon's Dogma.

For those interested in playing something a little bit different, Zavvi is running a promo for Book of Spells @ 12.95 + Diggs @ 5. It's a damn fine deal at that price.

Player Hater

Good luck with finishing up on Ni No Kuni. I'm looking forward to playing it, but given I just knocked off Okami HD, I will probably play a couple of different style games before I try it.
    I did see Book of Spells was quite cheap... I might pick it up. Can't really argue with the price.

Platinum Procrastinator

Good luck on finishing off Ni No Kuni but more importantly here's to playing more games with your son. I just returned from visiting back home and spent a few days at my friends house and got to spend some time with their son whose almost two and their newborn. I was laughing at their oldest a lot because of the things he was making me do so I can only imagine how much fun it must be to have your own kids partaking in the things you enjoy as well.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

illegal in 9 countries

Finally getting a chance to get my CL up to date for the end of year competition. Don't forget to vote...and to vote favourably...if you get my drift.

I'm updating the Plats at the moment, pics and other crud and stuff to come throughout the day in a last-minute rush to get it done on time!

[update]14 new Plats and some new setup pics added to the CL.

Might be time to create a new version next year...that took way too long to update.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 12-16-2013 at 12:00 AM.

illegal in 9 countries

I've come up with a new checklist concept. I'm going for a flat / metro look to clean up the layout and make it easier to update. I'll use the large format for my latest Plat and the smaller version for the complete list to condense the layout.

Large format Plat card -

Small format Plat card -

Thoughts and feedback appreciated. I'll keep refining the draft design and flesh out the rest of the assets before launching the checklist in the new year.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 12-16-2013 at 03:48 PM.

Lord of all Goat-Men

Looks great mate. Nice job

A plat a month!

I'm digging the new format!

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast