Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night...

This is a discussion on ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night... within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; New format mate...

Local Drunk

New format mate

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

illegal in 9 countries

I've added a spoiler to the top of the CL to show a bit of the new format.

Still heaps to go so I won't have time to roll it out in time for this year's vote. Another couple of days and I'd be all over it like a fat kid on a cookie!

I'll be adding some new sections to the CL to make it more usable too. Suggestions and feedback welcome while I'm still in the planning phase.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Awesome list
    JPR

Platinum Procrastinator

My only suggestion is that you stop making the rest of us look bad with your fancy checklist and new revisions. This is why I cannot win checklist of the year!!!
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    My only suggestion is that you stop making the rest of us look bad with your fancy checklist and new revisions. This is why I cannot win checklist of the year!!!
    Well if you can't win it, I know where you can cast your vote :nudge: :nudge: :wink: :wink: psst...vote for me

Notorious K.I.D.

I figured I'd post about the checklist revision and how it helped edge me towards voting for this fine checklist for the EotY awards. You have some really, really strong competition with others around here (not mine but yours appeals to me and the new layout has a lot to do with it.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

illegal in 9 countries

Thanks KID. I've been meaning to upgrade the CL all year (skeumorphism has done its dash), but the old excuse of "so much to do, so little time" kept cropping up and I never got around to it.

Faust prompted me to have a crack at CL of the year again and that got the creative juices flowing over the last few days. But I figured some of the other fine folk around here have worked hard all year on their lists whereas I've made a late dash for the comp, so I'll delay the new version until after this year's vote.

There's still plenty to do for V2.0, but I'm happy with the direction it's taking. I'm trying to keep the core of what made last year's CL good information-wise, but drop the non-essential stuff that makes no sense to anyone but me. I've done the fun version, the next one will be more serious

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

It has been a long while but I stopped by again to check what was new with your checklist... pretty impressive! I especially liked your video of your gaming setups; that is so .

And haha, I do agree with your Ni no Kuni section; Dinoceros is quite insane with his Earsplitter ability. That brings back great memories. If you had fun with this JRPG, may I suggest the Tales series, specifically Tales of Graces F and Xillia? Not sure if those games are also your type of tea, but that is up to you. Either way, I'm getting a PS4 too later this month for Christmas so I will be able to see you online on the PS4 (assuming that PS3 players cannot see PS4 friends yet). Cheers!
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    It has been a long while but I stopped by again to check what was new with your checklist... pretty impressive! I especially liked your video of your gaming setups; that is so .

And haha, I do agree with your Ni no Kuni section; Dinoceros is quite insane with his Earsplitter ability. That brings back great memories. If you had fun with this JRPG, may I suggest the Tales series, specifically Tales of Graces F and Xillia? Not sure if those games are also your type of tea, but that is up to you. Either way, I'm getting a PS4 too later this month for Christmas so I will be able to see you online on the PS4 (assuming that PS3 players cannot see PS4 friends yet). Cheers!
    Thanks Edo!

I bought Tales of Graces F a couple of months ago but have yet to scratch more than the surface. I'll get into it when I feel like dumping 100 hours into an RPG, but for now, I'm still attempting to knock over 50 Plats by the end of the year. I'm running through the Ratchet and Clank series in chronological order, so hopefully that'll get me close to the mark by the time New Year's roll around.

I'm looking forward to seeing you on the PS4, though the only game I've got so far is Resogun. And yep, I believe the PS4 can see PS3 friends, though I haven't used it enough to investigate as yet.

illegal in 9 countries

Back to back Checklist of the Year awards Thanks to all the fine folk who voted for me, you know who you are

TerminalPhoenix gave me a good run for my money this year and to be honest I'm kinda surprised I got the nod because his CL is looking mighty fine. I'll have to up my game to have any chance of a three-peat next year, so expect a complete overhaul in the weeks to come. I might archive this thread for the sake of posterity and start a new one for 2014.

A special thanks to Faust for nudging me to update my CL and encouraging me to participate again this year before promptly stabbing me in the back by voting for TerminalPhoenix You voted the right way my good man and if we ended up in a tie, I was gonna vote for Term myself.

Also a big thanks to Denaratuck for setting me on this path in the first place. I wouldn't have challenged myself to create a CL if it wasn't for your constant fucking nagging (major exaggeration, but never let the truth get in the way of a good story) to post pics of my setups

Kiwi Defender

Congratulations, ant1. A well-earned award, I believe .

If you do end up murdering this thread in favor of making a new one, make sure that the new one is miles better to justify the assassination.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Congratulations, ant1. A well-earned award, I believe .

If you do end up murdering this thread in favor of making a new one, make sure that the new one is miles better to justify the assassination.
    Cheers Nag, your support is much appreciated. And yep, it should be better - I'll retain all of the goodness, cut the crap and make it slicker and easier to use.

I could always pop the old one in a spoiler tag instead. The code is easily condensed, so it shouldn't badly impact the character limit Either way, I want to keep the old one around in some format rather than delete it outright.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Cheers Nag, your support is much appreciated. And yep, it should be better - I'll retain all of the goodness, cut the crap and make it slicker and easier to use.

I could always pop the old one in a spoiler tag instead. The code is easily condensed, so it shouldn't badly impact the character limit
    Either way, I want to keep the old one around in some format rather than delete it outright.
    Might as well snatch the first reply for yourself and keep the original there inside a spoiler tag. I don't think anyone will care about it being there nor you making use of a post to keep it.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Might as well snatch the first reply for yourself and keep the original there inside a spoiler tag. I don't think anyone will care about it being there not you making use of a post to keep it.
    Now that's a plan I can get behind. Smart thinking Professor Egghead

PRO Member

Congrats Ant!

oh and the new format looks brilliant, can't wait to see the updated checklist in all it's glory.

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Congratulations sir. Awesome checklist - looking forward to the new layout.

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `Best Trophy Checklist (2014)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)

Currently Playing
    `Batman: Arkham Knight [95%]
    `AC: Syndicate [6%]
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Local Drunk

Congrats on winning checklist of the year mate

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Congratulations on the Checklist win ant!

Proud Greek Gamer

Congratulations on the checklist of the year award, I'd love to see the new version soon, keep it up man

Signature and Avatar made by the awesome TheGeneral09

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on the Checklist of the Year dude

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast