Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night...

This is a discussion on ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night... within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s Bingo Nag. PC snob. That's one hell of a excuse, ant1, but not good enough! You ...

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Bingo Nag. PC snob.
    That's one hell of a excuse, ant1, but not good enough! You owe it to yourself to at least play a few games on those two consoles.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    That's one hell of a excuse, ant1, but not good enough! You owe it to yourself to at least play a few games on those two consoles.
    I definitely come from a computer background and played the C64, Amiga and PC most of my gaming life. I picked up a B/C Fatty 60GB a few months after launch and bought the best of the PS2 back catalogue. With HD Collections now on PS3, I'm not missing much.

Dreamcast was not a big deal in Oz. I also never owned an NES, SuperNintendo, N64, Sega Master System, Mega Drive (Genesis), Saturn, Xbox etc. Same reason - the Amiga and PC were always superior to consoles. Not to mention in those days I was a scurvy sea-dog...YoHo! Friends owned all of the different consoles, so I got my fix.

The PS3 was the first console I purchased since the original PlayStation. The main reason I picked one up was the keyboard and mouse support for games like Unreal Tournament III. It was poorly supported and promptly dumped from all but a few launch titles.

I can't hit the side of a battleship from point blank range using a DualShock and spent much of the next few years trying, buying and tossing every kb/m adaptor on the market before settling on the Xim3 last year. It's easily my favourite gaming purchase ever and made the move from PC to console a permanent one, at least until Valve launches the Steam Box.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 07-29-2012 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Poor grammar.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Since you have never played on the PS2 before, I definitely recommend you play the Okami HD remake that will be coming out soon. One of the best PS2 games yet that I had the fortune to play, beside Shadow of the Colossus and such. =3
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

PRO Member

Great introduction I don't visit the checklists that much around here but I think I will now, you have a lot of work to do
    btw you should add your photo of your incredible games collection in a spoiler

Sig by Smashguy

Kiwi Defender

I definitely come from a computer background and played the C64, Amiga and PC most of the gaming life. I picked up a B/C Fatty 60GB a few months after launch and bought the best of the PS2 back catalogue. With HD Collections now on PS3, I'm not missing much.

Dreamcast was never a big deal in Oz. I also never owned an NES, SuperNintendo, N64, Sega Master System, Mega Drive (Genesis), Saturn, Xbox etc. Same reason - the Amiga and PC were always superior to consoles and in those days I was a scurvy sea-dog. YoHo! Friends owned all of the different consoles, so I got my fix.

The PS3 was the first console I bought since the original PlayStation. The main reason I bought a PS3 was the keyboard and mouse support for games like Unreal Tournament III. It was poorly supported and promptly dumped from all but a few launch titles.

I can't hit the side of a battleship from point blank range using a DualShock and spent much of the next few years trying, buying and tossing every kb/m adaptor on the market before settling on the Xim3 last year. It's easily my favourite gaming purchase ever and made the move from PC to console a permanent one, at least until Valve launches the Steam Box.
    Oh, so you've played games on them, but never owned them? All is forgiven, SNES and N64 included .

We'll have to keep waiting for the Steam Box, though. Hope it happens sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    Great introduction I don't visit the checklists that much around here but I think I will now, you have a lot of work to do
    btw you should add your photo of your incredible games collection in a spoiler
    He should add a photo of his whole gaming collection, peripherals included. I want to see all those PC games .

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

illegal in 9 countries

He should add a photo of his whole gaming collection, peripherals included. I want to see all those PC games .
    The whole lot is coming - games, peripherals, setups...the lot!

[update] First Plat game is up. Headings and stuff to come, just getting a feel for the room on the page.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

CMN
    PS4 - Christmas 2014

Nice checklist ant, looking forward to seeing the rest

Sig and Avatar from one of the Elite, Dare
    WWE Favorite TEN (Active Performers, Updated Every Week) - Bad News Barrett, Bray Wyatt, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Bo Dallas, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Sami Zayn, Luke Harper, Cesaro

Currently Playing/Working On: Call of Duty Ghosts (Xbox One/360), NBA 2K14 (Xbox One), Killzone 2 (PS3), Remember Me (PS3), WWE 2K14 (PS3)

Ice Cream Firefighter

excellent work my friend the way your setting it up is so awesome & original. I think it will be 1 of the greatest CL's on this site & I mean that

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Player Hater

Your checklist is shaping up to be amazingly awesome. I love the report card-style set-up and will be coming back often to check out the progress.
    I agree with your assessment of Crysis, I thought the game was awesome. I loved the tactical way you could use cloak to progress trough the game... I had heaps of fun surveying the lay of the land/enemy locations, setting up sequences of quick kills, and then activating the cloak again once I had completed the takedowns. Felt badass! The story line was also more bonkers and sci-fi than I was expecting. A great surprise, similar to the way Assassin's Creed played out for me.

Beast Incarnate

This looks awesome so far. Loving the report card style of your platinum list, very unique. I'll be checking this out often, keep it up dude

illegal in 9 countries

Quick update - tightened up Report Card responses for improved readability. I think I'm on the right track now and will flesh out the bones to see how it looks.

Remaining Plats to come soon, then pics of my setup, gear and games. Shout-outs and videos to follow.

Give me a week or two to get it all bedded down.

Nope, nothing

Quick update - tightened up Report Card responses for improved readability. I think I'm on the right track now and will flesh out the bones to see how it looks.

Remaining Plats to come soon, then pics of my setup, gear and games. Shout-outs and videos to follow.

Give me a week or two to get it all bedded down.
    That report card looks great

I love the theme of your CL.

illegal in 9 countries

Condensed the format of the Report Cards, much happier with this version.

Less is more - it looks better, relates the same info with less fluff, files weigh less and it improves the flow of the page.

Bed time now. I'll finish off the RC's in the next couple of days.

Fight the Future

Best trophy check list I've seen yet, including before the site reset. This almost makes me want to start one of my own, but then I realized no one wants to look at one platinum trophy with a bunch of unfinished games.

Great work, it looks fantastic and I can't wait to see more progress.

Parker

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

A very cool start indeed man,i like the intro a lot.Based on your own unique layout and what there is in here so far,i cant wait to see what you come up with.You have an awesome collection of plats mate and i wish you luck in laying everything out in here

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

illegal in 9 countries

Thanks again for all of your comments. I'm no artist but given my profession involves information design, this would want to look half-way decent!

[update] Added a bit more detail to the Report Cards. My biggest challenge is sticking with a game, so I've added a rating to that effect. Also, better separation of my impressions when starting / ending a game and likes / dislikes while playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by James_Page View Post
    This almost makes me want to start one of my own, but then I realized no one wants to look at one platinum trophy with a bunch of unfinished games.
    I disagree, trophies aren't everything. I think most of us use checklists to learn about each other and to opine about the games we play, including unfinished ones. Get on it.

Kiwi Defender

I'm starting to think this is Mannyfest Destiny 2.0's reincarnation.

Toggle Spoiler

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

It just gets better and better.

Change is good

It's getting better and better.

Kerwin you stole my words, and slightly changed them.

>:F

illegal in 9 countries

I'm starting to think this is Mannyfest Destiny 2.0's reincarnation.
    How so Nag? I'm hoping that's a good thing!

I can't recall Manny's checklist, I didn't bother with them before the meltdown. Where is he these days?

I got my inspiration from ONUOsFan's gorgeous minimalism, DJ_Keyser's wicked mini-reviews, Mass Effect 2's dossiers, PlayFire's box shots, Gamespot's review summaries and Denaratuck's foot up my arse (I promise to post my setup soon...I sound like a broken record!). The rest is pure ant1th3s1s

I figured it was easier to collate my games, photos, videos (I'm in the process of creating some elgato footage) etc in one place rather than crap it all over the forums.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast