Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night...

This is a discussion on ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night... within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Thanks for the kind words gents Another couple of Plats added overnight - Ratchet Deadlocked and PS All Star Battle ...

illegal in 9 countries

Thanks for the kind words gents

Another couple of Plats added overnight - Ratchet Deadlocked and PS All Star Battle Royale on PS3. That brings the total up to 49 and I can knock over the rest of the Vita version of PSA:BR tonight...if I can be bothered. I'm not sure if I want it as my 50th, but in the grand scheme of life it's irrelevant, so game on bitch!

That'll mean I've reached my New Year's resolution of 50 Plats by the end of the year, though not quite the way I had planned. I wanted to tackle Vanquish, Dragon's Dogma, Skyrim, Mass Effect and Resident Evil 5 but I took the best part of 5 months off gaming mid-year to focus on work and family commitments, so I've made a dash for the line in December with some quick and easy games.

Next up I'll be completing a couple of non-trophy games in Tools of Destruction and Quest for Booty to keep my Ratchet & Clank anthology going in chronological order. Tools of Destruction was one of my first PS3 games and remains a favourite and it's nice to go back to your roots every now and then and just game for fun.

Lord of all Goat-Men

Congrats man on your back-to-back win (despite my best efforts)!

If you're looking for a co-op partner for RE5, hit me up in the new year - unlike Portal 2, I definitely still have my copy!

RPG Master

Congratulations!

If you want to shoot for 50 platinums might I recommend Minecraft? I don't know how to do it but apparently you can get the platinum in about an hour.
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

Notorious K.I.D.

I just noticed you said you were looking to start Skyrim and I wanted to give you a heads up. As much as I love my PS3, it is the absolute worst Skyrim experience you can have. If you're like me you'll want to experience everything at your own pace, and the PS3 just doesn't allow for it. i would have a plan in place to rush through the trophies because especially after the 100 hour mark, you're game will suffer greatly. I lost 125+ hours due to corrupt data, and that was mainly from the system freezing every 10-15 minutes. Just wanted to warn you, because I absolutely love the game, but couldn't play it like I wanted.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Kiwi Defender

Nice work, ant1. RE5 is a blast to play with others, given that hides how awful the game really is, so don't even think about playing it alone .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Shemhazat View Post
    Congratulations!

If you want to shoot for 50 platinums might I recommend Minecraft? I don't know how to do it but apparently you can get the platinum in about an hour.
    Thanks Shem.

Minecraft is on my radar and although it's a quick Plat, I've still got 9 days up my sleeve and don't need to rush. PSA:BR will be my first Vita Plat, so it's apt that it's my 50th overall.

Quote Originally Posted by K.I.D. View Post
    I just noticed you said you were looking to start Skyrim and I wanted to give you a heads up. As much as I love my PS3, it is the absolute worst Skyrim experience you can have. If you're like me you'll want to experience everything at your own pace, and the PS3 just doesn't allow for it. i would have a plan in place to rush through the trophies because especially after the 100 hour mark, you're game will suffer greatly. I lost 125+ hours due to corrupt data, and that was mainly from the system freezing every 10-15 minutes. Just wanted to warn you, because I absolutely love the game, but couldn't play it like I wanted.
    Thanks for the heads-up KID. I'm prepared for it, Fallout 3 pulled the same shit, particularly in the DLC. I figure as long as I'm not a gear whore (picking up every single item and storing it massively bloats the save game), I should be ok.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up KID. I'm prepared for it, Fallout 3 pulled the same shit, particularly in the DLC. I figure as long as I'm not a gear whore (picking up every single item and storing it massively bloats the save game), I should be ok.
    Just saying from my experience, Skyrim does experience freezing issues VERY late into the game when inventory size and NPC details increase to immense proportions. Thus, like you said, it is best to play the game at a fairly moderate to fast pace, and sell only what you do not need. Do not store excess items too much into chests, but keep them mostly clear, but also minimize what you do to NPCs (etc. killing them and leaving their bodies all over the place - this also bloats the save file). Still, I managed to enjoy it very much as a massive sandbox RPG so I doubt the experience will leave you wanting too. One more tip, restart the game every 2 (or 1) hours or so to reset its memory cache; it works especially for the freezes that you will encounter much later. Have fun!
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Platinum Procrastinator

Congrats on winning checklist of the year again. It was a long road but WE did it again! (Inside Joke). Good luck on getitng your first platinum trophy for the vita. I have yet to play PSA but one day I'll get to it.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Congrats on winning checklist of the year again. It was a long road but WE did it again! (Inside Joke). Good luck on getitng your first platinum trophy for the vita. I have yet to play PSA but one day I'll get to it.
    Cheers big, or small ears. I don't know...we've never met.

PSA on Vita's not quite there. About 8 more runs through the Arcade mode and that goose is cooked. I can't say I overly enjoy the process, especially with the weaker characters on the roster, but I take solace in being able to delete it once I'm done.

I've been doing Arcade mode sporadically while playing Tools of Destruction. I've got today all to myself - no crying babies, no screaming kids, no nagging wife and no clients crawling up my arse. Pure. Gaming. Bliss.

Incidentally, 3000 posts...ding!...site Plat.

Notorious K.I.D.

Congratulations on back to back wins for CotY Ant1. Well deserved considering how beast this place is.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

illegal in 9 countries

And Playstation All Star Battle Royale on Vita makes Plat #50 - goal achieved for 2013

It turns out I could have set the bar higher given I took from June to November off trophy hunting. I'm thinking 75 to 80 Plats by this time next year

RPG Master

Congrats on the big platinum milestone! Are you planning on taking the rest of the year off or are you going to try for 51 plats before 2014?
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Shemhazat View Post
    Congrats on the big platinum milestone! Are you planning on taking the rest of the year off or are you going to try for 51 plats before 2014?
    Thanks Shem.

December's the only time of the year when I really get to game, so I reckon I can squeeze out one or two more before 2014 hits.

I'm on the final level of Tools of Destruction, then onto Quest for Booty, both of which I can probably finish off tonight, then back onto the trophies with A Crack in Time. Depending how quickly I get that done, Into the Nexus looks pretty quick and easy, as do All 4 One, Q-Force and PS Move Heroes.

I should have all Ratchet & Clank games finished within the next two or three weeks before polishing off the Sly Cooper series with another 3 quick Plats and moving onto Jak & Daxter for another 6 Plats. So by the end of January, I should have another 8 to 14 Plats done and dusted.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 12-24-2013 at 02:40 AM.

Lord of all Goat-Men

And Playstation All Star Battle Royale on Vita makes Plat #50 - goal achieved for 2013

It turns out I could have set the bar higher given I took from June to November off trophy hunting. I'm thinking 75 to 80 Plats by this time next year
    You go gurl!
    Congrats on the milestone.

RnC All 4 One is on my list, so if you wanna co-op that I'm up for it.

While I've got you here, Merry fuckin' Christmas, mate

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    You go gurl!
    Congrats on the milestone.

RnC All 4 One is on my list, so if you wanna co-op that I'm up for it.
    Sounds good. I'll be playing A41 after I wrap up ACIT and ITN, which shouldn't take more than a week.

I'm on a platforming bender for the next month or two, but then I'll get serious again and will be looking to do Resident Evil 5 co-op, so pencil me in for late Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    While I've got you here, Merry fuckin' Christmas, mate
    You too buttmunch.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Nice work, ant1. RE5 is a blast to play with others, given that hides how awful the game really is, so don't even think about playing it alone .
    If you're going to beat the game on Professional mode,having a human partner is a must.
    Don't even think about going in alone (you will die a lot )

PRO Member

Well shit. I had a chance to beat you last year (should have ) but congrats on the CLotY this year. Terminal has always had a sneaky tidy and visually appealing list. Definitely a great contender.

I like the new ideas and it makes me want to learn graphic design shit so I can come up with something...better I almost canned my list but remembered why I started it in the first place. So needless to say I'm making a return.

Congrats on the milestone as well! I hope you have a great Christmas friend and I'm sure I'll be back to congratulate you on another here soon

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Congrats on getting 50 plats mate and reaching your goal, awesome stuff! Good luck in busting out all them other plats too man, but be warned about the Jak 2 plat, and Jak 3 for that matter. If you go for the orbs legit, they will take a shit load of time, particularly 2 if memory serves. Either way, have fun and all the best to you and your family for the holidays mate, have a good one

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Well shit. I had a chance to beat you last year (should have ) but congrats on the CLotY this year. Terminal has always had a sneaky tidy and visually appealing list. Definitely a great contender.

I like the new ideas and it makes me want to learn graphic design shit so I can come up with something...better I almost canned my list but remembered why I started it in the first place. So needless to say I'm making a return.
    Be warned - I might actually put some effort into the CL this year DP so it ain't gonna be easy

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Congrats on the milestone as well! I hope you have a great Christmas friend and I'm sure I'll be back to congratulate you on another here soon
    Merry Xmas to you too. Having kids totally changes one's perspective on the whole Christmas rort and it becomes less about accumulating stuff and more about celebrating family.

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    Congrats on getting 50 plats mate and reaching your goal, awesome stuff! Good luck in busting out all them other plats too man, but be warned about the Jak 2 plat, and Jak 3 for that matter. If you go for the orbs legit, they will take a shit load of time, particularly 2 if memory serves.
    Fark legit. Pointless grind is pointless. I'll take the shortcut thanks

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    Either way, have fun and all the best to you and your family for the holidays mate, have a good one
    Right back at ya john

RPG Master

Fark legit. Pointless grind is pointless. I'll take the shortcut thanks
    Yep, the shortcut takes hours off the game. I played through 2 and 3 legit, getting as many orbs as I could along the way, and saved the easy missions for post game orb grinding.
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast