Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night...

This is a discussion on ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night... within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Congrats on win the CL of the Year 2nd time in a row. Very nice layout on the start. Wishing ...

Retired...

Congrats on win the CL of the Year 2nd time in a row. Very nice layout on the start.

Wishing you all happy, healthy and safe holidays. All the best of everything to you and yours! Merry Christmas!

Signature made by dsluckay & PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Congrats on all the trophies and the CL award, also 3k posts I have to say i didn't achieve my goals as I took 5 months off serious trophhy hunting (just occasionally playing certain games) and now I'm itching to play more again. I still need to update my trophy list and I'm starting to go after a lot of online trophies as wjo knows when any server will be shut down (still pisses me off that WWE Allstars I was at 49 wins and then get kicked offline as right then they shut the servers off costing me that trophy and plat). Let me know if you ever need to co op anything as I have over 300 games to go through which I don't know if that is good or bad:/
    Haven't updated anything on here since the site went down a year ago with the new servers so lost all my friends and post counts and everything looking to help and get help with games and trophies

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...checklist.html My Trophy checklist

illegal in 9 countries

A quick update -

I've been meaning to revisit The Walking Dead for an alternative playthrough to more or less make the opposite choices of my first run through the game. The Vita version went on sale in late December, so I picked it up and banged out the Plat, my 51st overall and 2nd for Vita.

I also set myself some goals for 2014 including lifting the overall completion percentage, which has always been pretty abysmal. So my Ratchet & Clank bender has been temporarily interrupted by a bit of backlog clean-up to improve a few Rank E games up to A's or S's, including Super Stardust Delta, Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue, Plants vs Zombies (Vita) and Red Dead Redemption.

Mission accomplished - just a handful of trophies remain for PvZ and only one to go in RDR for the Plats. I'll have RDR knocked over today (thanks in large part to the multiplayer XP glitch to level from 1 to 50 in 15 mins) and PvZ will be completed within a few days. The only challenging trophy remaining for the latter is to survive 40 waves in Endless Survival. I made it to wave 39 on the first attempt...close but no donut

A big thanks to Faust for helping with some of the RDR MP trophies Let me know when you're up for the co-op.

Adios amoebas.

illegal in 9 countries

Two decent trophies in a day... #52 - Legend of the West in Red Dead Redemption and Alive and Planting in Plants vs Zombies (Vita).

Alive and Planting can be somewhat challenging without the right strategy. Vita touch controls are far superior to buttons but tend to wig out when using Cob Cannons. The device frequently fails to register either the selection of the cannon or the placement of the targeting reticle, rendering an 8 Cob strategy nearly impossible to pull off on the Vita. On the flipside, a Cob-less strategy like the one posted in the PvZ guide failed badly a couple of flags out from the target of 40 waves, so a mixed strategy proved easiest to manage.

Here's the setup I ended up using the get the trophy -

Use the Cob Cannons to mop up the Gargantuars, the rest of the setup is self-sustaining. Don't place Spikeweeds in the first few rows at the right of screen - nothing should hit your plants and Sun is better spent on maintaining Pumpkins, Ice Shrooms and explosives.

Nothing got close to causing damage until wave 40 when I lost one of the rear Gloom-Shrooms to Imps because I forgot to take Pumpkins . Other than that minor hiccup, it proved ideal for the trophy.

Kiwi Defender

Good to see you finally got that RDR , so congratulations! What DLCs are you planning to play, besides Co-op?

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Good to see you finally got that RDR , so congratulations! What DLCs are you planning to play, besides Co-op?
    Undead Nightmare is nearly done, one or two more evenings should knock the rest of the SP trophies over. I've done most of the other DLC trophies with the exception of some that I'll need to boost in a group. I'm in no hurry there, anything more than the Plat is a bonus.

There's only a few more levels left in the second playthough of Plants vs Zombies and a couple of challenges to go and that'll be #53. Getting all plants in the Zen Garden may prove to be a grind, but it's a fun way to pass the time, so no complaints.

What are your thoughts on Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Nag? I'm tempted to pick it up, though I probably won't play it for awhile.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Kingdom Hearts is hard to describe in words, but if you had played the PS2 version, then you would have an idea of just how fun and immersive Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 were. Assuming you have not played a KH game yet, the updated graphics of KH 1.5 may still put you off as well as the simple controls but do not let that deviate from the massive depth and content that the later parts of the game have to offer. I will just put it honestly: it may not be everyone's type of tea but put yourself in a young teenager's mind and the PS2 era and you will enjoy this game very much, just like I did ages ago.

KH 2.5 is coming soon anyway, and with KH 3 in the near horizon, there is no reason not to check the series out at least. After all, there is a reason why the KH series was so popular on the PS2. Have fun!
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Lord of all Goat-Men

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    A big thanks to Faust for helping with some of the RDR MP trophies Let me know when you're up for the co-op.
    No worries mate. Compa needs to finish off one last trophy for Undead Nightmare, so you, myself and my mate can all do that one together. Then the three Aussies can do the co-op and try Adv. co-op.

Weekday nights (early mornings for Comp) are best for me and my mate, but I'm not sure what your schedule is.

What are your thoughts on Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Nag? I'm tempted to pick it up, though I probably won't play it for awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    Kingdom Hearts is hard to describe in words, but if you had played the PS2 version, then you would have an idea of just how fun and immersive Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 were. I will just put it honestly: it may not be everyone's type of tea but put yourself in a young teenager's mind and the PS2 era and you will enjoy this game very much, just like I did ages ago.
    Basically without that nostalgia factor, its just an average RPG. Yes, it's charming, and its nice to see your favourite Disney and Square characters and explore the worlds you spent so much time as a youngster dreaming about, but actually playing it, its nothing to make a fuss about, and the charm soon wears off. The game still looks old, feels old, plays old.

If that doesn't turn you off, then I'd wholeheartedly recommend it. But be very much aware that most of the praise for it comes from those wearing nostalgia blinkers.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    No worries mate. Compa needs to finish off one last trophy for Undead Nightmare, so you, myself and my mate can all do that one together. Then the three Aussies can do the co-op and try Adv. co-op.

Weekday nights (early mornings for Comp) are best for me and my mate, but I'm not sure what your schedule is.
    I'm available pretty much every night from 8pm to midnight-ish. I might need a day's heads-up though - I work some nights to keep on top of the daily grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Basically without that nostalgia factor, its just an average RPG. Yes, it's charming, and its nice to see your favourite Disney and Square characters and explore the worlds you spent so much time as a youngster dreaming about, but actually playing it, its nothing to make a fuss about, and the charm soon wears off. The game still looks old, feels old, plays old.

If that doesn't turn you off, then I'd wholeheartedly recommend it. But be very much aware that most of the praise for it comes from those wearing nostalgia blinkers.
    I figured as much, however I pretty much skipped the PS2 (PC was light-years ahead at that time) and two Plats for $23 (with coupons) ain't a bad deal

illegal in 9 countries

I'm on a roll... #53 - The Complete Zombie in Plants vs Zombies (Vita).

With Alive and Planting out of the way, the remaining trophies took less time than expected.

God of War challenges and speed run next? Only two more trophies for that Plat. I want to move onto God of War III and Ascension for the the full GoW set, so I really should knock this one on the head .

A plat a month!

Congrats on Plant Vs Zombies Ant1th3s1s!!!!

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Congrats on your Plants V Zombie plat mate, well done. I was thinking about playing that a bit back. If you haven't already started GoW3 then prepare yourself for (imo) the best one out of the whole series. If my whole trophie collection got wiped out and I had to start again, that would probably be the first game I'd play again, I loved it! Either way mate, I hope you enjoy it.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

PRO Member

Congrats on PVZ.

Perhaps it's just me but I've think KH 1.5 HD is great for its time. Even disregarding the "nostalgia blinkers"

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Notorious K.I.D.

Well done with the recent plats man.

You should at least try out KH 1.5, just to see what all the hype is about. The game was a lot better in my memories, but it's still a nice experience. Plus, you have got to get 2.5 when it comes out, and this would help lead you into the next game, and help you appreciate the advances they make in 2.5.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Kiwi Defender

Gratz for another plat, and I say go after the GoW plats. The speed run is easy as hell (even more so with Dairy Bastard) and the challenges aren't exactly hard, so you should be able to knock 'em out in an evening. No idea about Ascension and the PSP games, though .

Undead Nightmare is nearly done, one or two more evenings should knock the rest of the SP trophies over. I've done most of the other DLC trophies with the exception of some that I'll need to boost in a group. I'm in no hurry there, anything more than the Plat is a bonus.

There's only a few more levels left in the second playthough of Plants vs Zombies and a couple of challenges to go and that'll be #53. Getting all plants in the Zen Garden may prove to be a grind, but it's a fun way to pass the time, so no complaints.

Sounds like a plan. I deeply enjoyed Undead Nightmare (except for boosting Kingpin, since that took some work and Davey blew me up twice or thrice with his Explosive Rifle), but never tried any other DLC. However, I've read some of the descriptions and a few do look like a pain, even with boosting partners.

Haven't played it yet, it's lying unopened somewhere in my house, but the original game is entertaining. Awful plot and platforming, coupled up with a very low-brow and straight forward gameplay, but great to kill a few hours. Chain of Memories is a better RPG, but since it's a 'remake' of a GBA game, it looks a bit worse - Square surely didn't want to spend much money on making it look good, and even for the PS2's standards, it looked bad.

I'd suggest giving it a quick try. If you end up liking it, go for the plat, but otherwise don't bother. It takes a few playthroughs to plat and some of the trophies are just stupid. That said, do buy 2.5 eventually, for KH2 is miles better gameplay wise (and the plot sucks, too). The same goes for Birth By Sleep.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

illegal in 9 countries

I'll Take the Physical Challenge is done for God of War. I expected it to be far more difficult, I recall GoW II's challenge being much more frustrating.

The first 9 challenges were a breeze, no problems at all. The 10th took about 20 mins because I accidentally fired off and during the Gorgon level when I was saving Rage of the Gods for the final challenge

Spamming + , then in the air and jumping to the centre of the platform when necessary did the job. The winning run proved fairly smooth and controlled with Satyrs flying off as soon as they spawned. In retrospect, I'm kinda glad I misfired Rage of the Gods, it would have messed with my rhythm.

Thank fuck that's done...just a Dairy Bastard run through the game and I can add #54 and GoW #4 to my bed post.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Hey, you are catching up to me in number of plats! Slow down, matey. *prepares to game harder*
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

illegal in 9 countries

3 days, 3 Plats...

#54 - Trophy of Zeus for God of War.

I have no idea why I waited so long to finish off the last two trophies. I was put off by the perceived difficulty of the Challenge of the Gods (they were much harder in the other GoW games) and the lack of a mid-challenge save, but there was absolutely nothing to worry about

9 out of 10 challenges were a piece of piss and the final stage wasn't as hard as anticipated, so I banged out both I'll Take the Physical Challenge and Speed of Jason McDonald today to complete the 4th of 6 GoW Plats.

It might be time to revisit Unreal Tournament III, or get back into my Ratchet & Clank groove and polish off the remaining 4 franchise Plats. I think I'll tackle the RDR DLC trophies while I contemplate the next move

Local Drunk

You're just smashing plats.

Congrats on platting God Of War mate

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

illegal in 9 countries

Just one more trophy to go for 100,000 points -

I guess that's a milestone, or it would be if this was Microsoft Gamerscore-land. But it's not. So back I go to not giving a shit.

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast