Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night...

This is a discussion on ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night... within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; 3 days + 3 plats = to much time on your hands :p. Congrats mate, well done. Glad you finally ...

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

3 days + 3 plats = to much time on your hands :p. Congrats mate, well done. Glad you finally got there. The challenges in GoW do vary from game to game but it's nothing a little patience and persistence can't overcome. All the best man

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

illegal in 9 countries

Another two down...

#55 - The Lombax Triumphant for Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time and #56 - The Pride of Fastoon for Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus.

Maybe it's a case of franchise fatigue, but I didn't enjoy these two games as much as the previous titles, with the exception of the weak Quest for Booty. They're both fine games but they felt somewhat soulless, particularly following on the heels of the excellent Tools of Destruction.

Into the Nexus in particular is a short game and doesn't live up to the full R&C experience. Though not as short as Quest for Booty, it felt like an episode rather than a full game. Insomniac padded a 5 hour game to 15 hours with a Challenge mode playthrough and a lot of pointless XP grinding for the Up Your Arsenal trophy.

The controls in ITN were also remapped (again) from previous R&C games and it was somewhat disorienting for the first couple of hours after the comfortable scheme applied to the last few games. That said, once you pick up the wings and boots, the revised scheme makes sense and it didn't trouble me at all by the end of the game.

On the plus side, Into the Nexus vastly improved upon A Crack in Time's upgrade system (which did away with Raritanium completely) and the weapons, level design and graphics were among the best of the series...it's just a pity the game is so short! I recommend buying it on discount rather than paying the full RRP.

Notorious K.I.D.

Nicely done on the R & C plats. Too bad you didn't like them as much as the originals. I actually enjoyed Crack in Time, stuck with it longer than I did the others when I had the HD collection. I should get the collection again just have it to play when I want it. I feared Nexus would be short, isn't it only 30$ brand new. So are you saying it's not even worth that? Cuz I have no problem spending 30 bucks on 15 hours of R & C.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by K.I.D. View Post
    Nicely done on the R & C plats. Too bad you didn't like them as much as the originals. I actually enjoyed Crack in Time, stuck with it longer than I did the others when I had the HD collection. I should get the collection again just have it to play when I want it. I feared Nexus would be short, isn't it only 30$ brand new. So are you saying it's not even worth that? Cuz I have no problem spending 30 bucks on 15 hours of R & C.
    I think I built up my expectations too high for A Crack in Time. It's not a bad game at all, it's just not as good as I'd hoped and it falls into mediocrity as far as the series is concerned.

I wouldn't pay $30 for Into the Nexus, I think I picked it up on special for half that. Keep in mind ITN is a 5 hour game, not 15. 10 hours is replay and grind. The weapons are a blast and the upgrade system is great, but there's simply not enough content to level all of them in natural play, so you end up grinding kills in the arena over and over and over...which leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

Notorious K.I.D.

Well shit, I'm not into grinding usually (ignore my Diablo 3 plat), so I'll wait til it drops to 10 bucks or so.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

illegal in 9 countries

Well shit, I'm not into grinding usually (ignore my Diablo 3 plat), so I'll wait til it drops to 10 bucks or so.
    Once I knock a few more of these platformers over, Diablo III is on this year's hit list, along with the two newer XCOM's, Dragon's Dogma, Skyrim and Demon's / Dark Souls. Embrace the grind!!!1!

Notorious K.I.D.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Once I knock a few more of these platformers over, Diablo III is on this year's hit list, along with the two newer XCOM's, Dragon's Dogma, Skyrim and Demon's / Dark Souls. Embrace the grind!!!1!
    Diablo 3 is the shit, my personal GotY last year.

Skyrim is the best game of the generation I think.

I plan on going for the X:Com plat this year as well. I've almost finished one playthrough, out of 5 needed I think.

I have Dogma but haven't played much of it, and I want to play the other X:Com as well.

Fuck Demons/Dark Souls. The first one cost me a controller, I don't have the patience for that bs.

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on the last 2 platinums dude

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Congrats on the last 2 plats! Oh damn I look at your "grinding list" and just realize the horrors I still have on all my grinding list games. I might have to knock the dust off them and play. I think it's why I haven't touched Skyrim in a while and haven't even played Diablo 3 yet. Sometimes it's like "what games can I shoot off quick to avoid grinding those games". lol, best of luck and any game you need a multi player help with, I have plenty I'll need as well
    Haven't updated anything on here since the site went down a year ago with the new servers so lost all my friends and post counts and everything looking to help and get help with games and trophies

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...checklist.html My Trophy checklist

Lvl 9 - Gold

Haven't checked your checklist in over a week. I see you've been busy. Congrats on the RDR, PvZ and GoW Plats. Keep knocking those Plats out.

Kiwi Defender

I'll gladly help out with Demon's and Dark Souls if you need help. Do remember I have the NA Demon's Souls, though .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I'll gladly help out with Demon's and Dark Souls if you need help. Do remember I have the NA Demon's Souls, though .
    I have both the US and EU editions of Demon's Souls, my Rorschachian friend. Dark Souls is EU, though I don't think that matters.

Game Review Team

I have both the US and EU editions of Demon's Souls, my Rorschachian friend. Dark Souls is EU, though I don't think that matters.
    I have Dark Souls and EU Demon's Souls! Don't forget about meee!

Kiwi Defender

Dark Souls is fine. The only issue is being able to find each other haha.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Platinum Procrastinator

I have the NA, EU, and CHN version of Demon's Souls if you need help and the NA version of Dark Souls but I'm not sure if that one matters.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    I have the NA, EU, and CHN version of Demon's Souls if you need help and the NA version of Dark Souls but I'm not sure if that one matters.
    Saweeet. Thanks for the offer gents, I'll see how far I can go on my own but I'll hit you up when the time comes.

The only thing that bothered me about Demon's Souls was constantly worrying about missing those sneaky fucking geckos and having to do further playthroughs just to harvest some pure stones. It really dampened my experience, which is a real shame, because everything else about the game was right up my alley.

I think I'll just play the game how I want to play it then figure out what I missed at the end rather referring to a trophy guide ad nauseum to make sure I haven't missed anything critical for the Plat. No doubt you guys will have the gear I need to fill in the gaps

----------------------------------------------

In other news, I managed to distract myself once again from my quest for all Ratchet & Clank Plats by firing up Need for Speed Hot Pursuit. I forgot how much I love arcade racers and the online MP for this game is surprisingly fun with a still-active community. So I knocked out all NFSHP online trophies bar one last night...that's one less server I need to worry about closing.

I consider myself a pretty mediocre gamer (much as in real life I'm a Jack of all trades, master of none) but I was handing out some serious ownage in Hot Pursuit's Interceptor mode. It's fucking fun as either the cop or the crim and the other poor suckers I played against didn't stand a chance . That mighta had something to do with me using a Logitech Driving Force GT driving wheel and them fumbling with a DualShock, but I'll take the win.

If you own Hot Pursuit, try it out with the Driving Force GT - it feels like the wheel was built for the game, it's just fucking beautiful. Normally wheels don't work particularly well for arcade racers (shit for Burnout Paradise, passable for Blur and Split / Second), but this game is definitely the exception. I've yet to try it for The Run, Most Wanted or Rivals, but I'll get to that in due time.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 02-25-2014 at 08:13 PM.

illegal in 9 countries

A quick recap of January 2014 - I'll bang the data in here to compile into a graphic later for the new CL.

Games Played: 11
    Best Game: Red Dead Redemption
    Worst Game: The Playroom
    Trophies Earned: 228
    Platinums: 6
    PSN 100%: 2
    Total Trophies: 3996
    Completion: 45.64% (+1.75%)
    Game Rank Avg: C
    Country Rank: 254

I managed to knock over a few new Plats, tidy up some old games to snag their Plats, bump a few Rank E games to A or S, increase my overall completion percentage, rack up the most trophies in a single month to date, crack 100,000 points and ended up a few trophies shy of 4000. I'm also sitting just outside the Top 250 for Oz on PSN.P, which implies there aren't many dedicated hunters Down Under given my rather casual approach to trophies.

Overall, January was the best month of PSN gaming since I started collecting virtual shiny things. I set myself some goals entering 2014 including 75 Plats, Level 25, +50% Completion and improve all Rank E's to B's or better by the end of the year, and I look to be on-track. Onward and upward...
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 02-28-2014 at 08:05 AM.

Notorious K.I.D.

What I'd give to have a 45% completion rate, or 6 plats in a month.

Nice man, you should pass me in trophy total by May at this rate.

Are Diablo 3, Skyrim or X:Com on the to do list this month?

illegal in 9 countries

What I'd give to have a 45% completion rate, or 6 plats in a month.

Nice man, you should pass me in trophy total by May at this rate.

Are Diablo 3, Skyrim or X:Com on the to do list this month?
    It's a little embarrassing to have more unearned trophies than earned, so I figured I'd tidy that up this year

The plan is to start one lengthy game (50 to 100 hours) per month, so either Diablo III or XCOM Enemy Within are definitely on the to-do list for Feb. I also picked up The Bureau today and wouldn't mind getting straight into it

Notorious K.I.D.

It's a hard choice for sure. Skyrim is gonna take me another 5 days or so at this rate and then I'm probably on to X:Com until FF X HD comes out, then that will take over my gaming for awhile.

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast