Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night...

This is a discussion on ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night... within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Good luck on the goals you've set for 2014. That will be impressive if you can meet every goal and ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Good luck on the goals you've set for 2014. That will be impressive if you can meet every goal and even surpass some or even all of them. At the rate your going I think you will do it. I just looked at my completion percentage and its better than I expected. Its at 37.05% I think I will make that a goal of getting to at least a 40% completion. With the way I play it should be a challenge.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by MadMardigan_88 View Post
    Good luck on the goals you've set for 2014. That will be impressive if you can meet every goal and even surpass some or even all of them. At the rate your going I think you will do it. I just looked at my completion percentage and its better than I expected. Its at 37.05% I think I will make that a goal of getting to at least a 40% completion. With the way I play it should be a challenge.
    My completion percentage is suffering at the hands of my early trophy hunting days when I didn't give a crap about what I played, nor for how long. It was down around 37% maybe 18 months ago and I've steadily built it up without really paying attention to the numbers. It's now at a point where I only need to clear 250 trophies from my backlog to get on-par at 50%, so it should be pretty easy to do.

When I've done that, I need to set the bar a bit higher and aim for 65% then 75% then 85%.... It'll never be close to 100%, too many closed servers I don't really care about that though - I figure once we hit 100 Plats, everything else is kinda irrelevant.

illegal in 9 countries

#57 - The Collector for Ratchet & Clank: QForce (Full Frontal Assault).

I didn't mind this game, though like most R&C titles of late, it is rather short.

There aren't many strategy / tower defense games on PS3 and they're among my favourite genres on other platforms, so I relished the opportunity to sink my teeth into QForce. The strategy tends to be pretty shallow with only a handful of defensive structures on a whopping total of 5 maps, but it was fun while it lasted.

The multiplayer trophies can be self-boosted via cross-play on Vita and PS3. Not much else to say really...short, fun and forgettable.

Only one R&C game remains to complete the full set of Platinums - I'll be kicking off All 4 One later tonight. Sly 3 & 4 are up next, then my schedule opens up for the more adult-oriented games I plan to play this year. I'll tackle Jak & Daxter in a couple of months...I'm a bit burnt out on 3D platformers

Before I dive headlong into the RPG grind, I'm thinking Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, Tomb Raider and The Last of Us deserve the nod. I'd also like to finish up LA Noire & Deus Ex HR, and maybe Dante's Inferno & Prince of Persia to lift my completion percentage. There's also God of War III and Ascension to consider, as well as the Need for Speed series. Too many good games to play!!!1!
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 02-04-2014 at 12:14 AM.

illegal in 9 countries

HDD corruption...nice.

My main PS3 has been slow to boot for the last few weeks, so much so that it takes several minutes to get to the XMB. I assumed the HDD was failing for one reason or another and was preparing to run a Database Restore when it crapped out completely.

This isn't my first rodeo - I sync my Trophies and backup all Game Saves after EVERY session, so I've lost nothing but time to redownload the digital games I had installed. No biggie, it needed a clean-up anyway...

Forewarned is forearmed. Backup those saves

A plat a month!

First, congrats on RnC! Secondly, sorry to hear about the HDD corruption. I've been backing up my saves since my only PS3 fatty died (was able to fix it temporarily and back up my saves). Glad to hear that you didn't lose anything.

PRO Member

You were well prepared. Downloading all the games again will suck balls though.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Kiwi Defender

Good to know your paranoia saved you hours upon hours of your time.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

illegal in 9 countries

I forgot to post #58 - 4 Play for Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One.

All 4 One exceeded my (admittedly low) expectations in every way. The game is longer than more recent R&C titles, the co-op level designs were both lengthy and clever, and the writing was the best of the series with plenty of ambient gags.

Despite the co-op orientation, the plat itself is easily achieved solo and the AI did a pretty good job of filling in for a second player. My 4 year old son also got his first taste of R&C, which was a bonus and probably boosted my perception of the game a notch or two.

I'd rank All 4 One as maybe the 3rd or 4th best game of the R&C series -- seriously -- and draws the R&C platinum saga to a close, excluding PlayStationMove Heroes...I'll get onto that one next month.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm having a bit of a dryer run this month with only two plats to date. That said, last month was a bumper crop, so I've taken it a bit easy with the bulk of my time dedicated to cleaning up my backlog to lift my overall completion percentage. A corrupted HDD didn't help - the drive ended up dying and I'm still downloading games from the PS Store two weeks later

I'll complete Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit before the end of the month - with only 3 or 4 trophies left it's a lay-down misere (a sure thing). I'm not so sure about Batman: Arkham Asylum, the challenges are going to be a bitch! Maybe next month

There's still 6 days left in Feb and I'll probably play Diggs Nightcrawler with my son to to knock out a quick and dirty plat. That'll make 4 for the month and average slightly more than one plat per week for 2014, which is still way ahead of schedule.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 02-24-2014 at 03:54 PM.

Kiwi Defender

Arkham Asylum's challenges aren't actually that hard. A bit of patience and skill will be enough to take care of 'em.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Arkham Asylum's challenges aren't actually that hard. A bit of patience and skill will be enough to take care of 'em.
    It's the skill part I'm afraid of Nag
    I'm not concerned about the Predator challenges, but 3-starring the Combat challenges is gonna do my head in

I'm slowly getting my eye in; stringing together lengthy freeflow combos is one of the more fun and challenging aspects of the game. The campaign didn't require any degree of skill to complete on Hard, with the exception of a few reattempts at the Joker boss fight. The challenges though are on a completely different level and definitely require skill to do the job.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    It's the skill part I'm afraid of Nag
    I'm not concerned about the Predator challenges, but 3-starring the Combat challenges is gonna do my head in

I'm slowly getting my eye in; stringing together lengthy freeflow combos is one of the more fun and challenging aspects of the game. The campaign didn't require any degree of skill to complete on Hard, with the exception of a few reattempts at the Joker boss fight. The challenges though are on a completely different level and definitely require skill to do the job.
    One thing will let you acquire the skill, though: practice. At first they might look hard, but the more you play the easier it gets. After getting done some of them I even went as far as trying to break my record due to how used I got to what I needed to do .

Toggle Spoiler

illegal in 9 countries

One thing will let you acquire the skill, though: practice. At first they might look hard, but the more you play the easier it gets. After getting done some of them I even went as far as trying to break my record due to how used I got to what I needed to do .
    Yeah I'm finding that's the case already. I've knocked out a few 2-star ratings as well as the 40 combo and flawless trophies, but 3-stars currently look beyond reach :sadpanda:.

Practice makes perfect. If not perfect, close enough.

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on the All 4 One platinum mate

illegal in 9 countries

#59 - NFS Hot Pursuit Elite for Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit.

As a fan of Criterion's Burnout franchise, I enjoyed their take on the Need for Speed franchise and had a great deal of fun playing Hot Pursuit. It's one of the few arcade racers with decent wheel support and the Logitech Driving Force GT was perfect for the job.

The game becomes a grindathon to hit Level 20 for both Cops and Racers, as well as earning a Distinction in all events. But there are a tonne of events to play so I rarely found myself bored and only a few presented any major problems.

=====================

I picked up Tearaway on Saturday and it should be #60 later this week. Tearaway is a gorgeous little game with slick controls (much better than LittleBigPlanet) and creative gameplay mechanics that take full advantage of the Vita's camera, gyroscope, touchpad and touchscreen.

The main storyline is finished and only one or two of the remaining trophies should present a challenge. Completing the Tear without dying looks to be a ball-ache - the Tear is a long level with many opportunities to screw up a clean run, so I'm anticipating some serious frustration before nailing that sucker

If you don't own Tearaway, buy it while it's on special in the EU/AU store (the US had a sale recently). You won't regret the purchase, it's the best game on Vita.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 02-25-2014 at 07:12 AM.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Congrats on your NFS: Hot Pursuit Plat. Maybe Ill go back and finish that one. Way too many games to play.

Kiwi Defender

The main storyline is finished and only one or two of the remaining trophies should present a challenge. Completing the Tear without dying looks to be a ball-ache - the Tear is a long level with many opportunities to screw up a clean run, so I'm anticipating some serious frustration before nailing that sucker
    Sounds like the revenge of the Wheel of Death from LBP's Bunker level .

Toggle Spoiler

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by MadMardigan_88 View Post
    Congrats on your NFS: Hot Pursuit Plat. Maybe Ill go back and finish that one. Way too many games to play.
    Thanks Mad man. Fun game.

Sounds like the revenge of the Wheel of Death from LBP's Bunker level .
    Not quite that level of frustration, but there are some tricky rolling sections and it's sometimes difficult to judge the length of a jump. The level is pretty long, so it'll take a few runs at it to learn the lay of the land.

Other that that Tearaway is a very accessible game. Highly enjoyable and a real beauty to behold, but easy nonetheless.

Notorious K.I.D.

Nicely done with the NFS plat. Not a racing gamer myself but my son loves the series. Burnout was about the only games I liked in that genre, and even then only the older ones with the crash parties.

I'm trying to spread the word about X:Com in case you haven't tried it. Fantastic strategy game if you're into those. There's one online trophy but I'm only interested in playing with my friends, and nobody I knows has it. Something to think about if you're looking for something that will challenge you.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by K.I.D. View Post
    Nicely done with the NFS plat. Not a racing gamer myself but my son loves the series. Burnout was about the only games I liked in that genre, and even then only the older ones with the crash parties.

I'm trying to spread the word about X:Com in case you haven't tried it. Fantastic strategy game if you're into those. There's one online trophy but I'm only interested in playing with my friends, and nobody I knows has it. Something to think about if you're looking for something that will challenge you.
    I've got the plat for XCOM: Enemy Unknown. I'll download it again and help you out with the MP trophy

Playing Hot Pursuit mode is more or less lifted straight from the Burnout games. It's a natural crossover between the two franchises and is great fun in MP.

Notorious K.I.D.

I've got the plat for XCOM: Enemy Unknown. I'll download it again and help you out with the MP trophy

Playing Hot Pursuit mode is more or less lifted straight from the Burnout games. It's a natural crossover between the two franchises and is great fun in MP.
    Holy crap, sorry I never noticed you had the X:Com plat. That is one badass plat there man, my hat's off to you. I'm on my 2nd playthrough and by the end of this I should have the keep 1 soldier alive trophy and the one for all the foundry stuff. I think i'm screwed on the research one because I'm too far through and I can't stun some of the lower level enemies and interro gate them since they don't show up anymore. I'm not too sure about how I'm going to do the harder difficulties and 3 more playthroughs.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast