Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night...

This is a discussion on ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night... within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Congrats on the NFS Hot Pursuit platinum dude...

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on the NFS Hot Pursuit platinum dude

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by K.I.D. View Post
    Holy crap, sorry I never noticed you had the X:Com plat. That is one badass plat there man, my hat's off to you. I'm on my 2nd playthrough and by the end of this I should have the keep 1 soldier alive trophy and the one for all the foundry stuff. I think i'm screwed on the research one because I'm too far through and I can't stun some of the lower level enemies and interro gate them since they don't show up anymore. I'm not too sure about how I'm going to do the harder difficulties and 3 more playthroughs.
    I got you covered - XCOM: Enemy Unknown Trophy Guide - Discussion - PS3 Trophies Forum

Follow the Satellite guide and Squad build and you shouldn't have too many problems.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Congrats on the NFS Hot Pursuit platinum dude
    Cheers DW

illegal in 9 countries

#60 - Perfectionist for Tearaway.

Well, that was quicker than expected...

The last few trophies required minor grinding but two runs through any given level proved more than enough to mop up the leftovers. The 'finish the level without losing your Stamp' trophies were also easier than anticipated, again requiring only two attempts to snag.

Tearaway is a lovely little game with a stunning art style. Buy it, you won't regret it.

Time to tackle another backlog game...I'm thinking either Dante's Inferno, Prince of Persia or Brutal Legend. Knocking over all three should get me pretty close to a 50% completion rate, so they're all on the radar for the next couple of months.

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on the Tearaway platinum dude

Notorious K.I.D.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    #60 - Perfectionist for Tearaway.

Well, that was quicker than expected...

The last few trophies required minor grinding but two runs through any given level proved more than enough to mop up the leftovers. The 'finish the level without losing your Stamp' trophies were also easier than anticipated, again requiring only two attempts to snag.

Tearaway is a lovely little game with a stunning art style. Buy it, you won't regret it.

Time to tackle another backlog game...I'm thinking either Dante's Inferno, Prince of Persia or Brutal Legend. Knocking over all three should get me pretty close to a 50% completion rate, so they're all on the radar for the next couple of months.
    Brutal Legend

I can't speak highly enough of this game, one of my favorite of this gen. I lent my copy to my brother and can get it back any time. Let me know if you are looking to boost some trophies.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

illegal in 9 countries

#61 - Master of the Inferno for Dante's Inferno.

Despite being an obvious clone of God of War, I enjoyed Dante's Inferno more than any of my 4 GoW Plats to date, which I often found to be more frustrating than fun with a shallow and unlikeable protagonist.

Dante's Inferno
    takes a more casual approach to combat and puzzles, but it allowed more room to flesh out the story and develop the characters. The game is loosely based on the 14th century poem The Divine Comedy and the author's vision of the 9 circles of Hell. As a child raised in an apocalyptic Christian cult, it was a theme I thoroughly enjoyed seeing come to life...or death...so to speak.

The only thing I didn't really like was the need to have a browser window handy to tick off the myriad missable collectibles in the game. The lack of a level-select is a cardinal sin in game design - looking offscreen at a collectibles walkthrough on the first run through a game does nothing but break immersion .

That and the obvious intent to make Inferno the first of a trilogy followed by Purgatory and Paradise, but the latter games will likely never materialise. Oh well...there's always Darksiders.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 03-03-2014 at 03:08 AM.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Congrats on your Dante's Inferno Plat.

The Playboy Wikipedia

By far one of the best looking trophy checklists I've seen. Everything looks so well done. And Congratz on the Dante's Inferno plat
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on the Dante's Inferno platinum dude

illegal in 9 countries

February recap -

Games Played: 8
    Best Game: Batman Arkham Asylum
    Worst Game: Motorstorm RC
    Trophies Earned: 180
    Platinums: 4
    PSN 100%: 0
    Total Trophies: 4176
    Completion: 47.78% (+2.14%)
    Game Rank Avg: B
    Country Rank: 234

February was a bit of a bludge and I wasn't really focusing on trophies or plats, but I still managed to pull my 3rd best month ever. Batman AA was the most enjoyable game for the month, but Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit and Tearaway were close behind. Motorstorm RC on the other hand is complete shite and the later game levels are incredibly frustrating...I guess the developers missed the part where gaming is supposed to be "fun". I'd rather masturbate with a cheese-grater than play MS:RC again, but at least it's no longer sitting at Rank E.

Speaking of shit games, I'm currently attempting to knock over LittleBigPlanet Karting and now realise why it's an Ultra-Rare plat...the servers are the glitchiest glitchers that ever glitched a glitch! Online stats are randomly recorded with only about 10% of races reporting at LBP.me. Playing 5 to 10 times the number of races required for a trophy is beyond a joke. Just give me the trophies I've earned for "25 online wins" (won over 100) and "play 100 community levels" (played well over 200) so I can get on with my life

If you don't already own LBP Karting, do not buy! The campaign is pretty good fun, but the god-awful MP servers make it a no go zone. It's a crying shame that a game with a strong emphasis on online community can't handle multiplayer.

Kiwi Defender

Pretty nice stats, Ant1. I for one have hardly earned trophies because FFXIV:ARR's take some time for the most part, and although I also started B:AA (which I agree is a lot of fun, even if it feels like a clusterfuck of villains), my friend's disc is fucked up or something because the game data won't stop getting corrupted - to the point I can't even instal the game 99% of the time lol.

What's netx on your list (after LBPK, that is)?

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    What's netx on your list (after LBPK, that is)?
    Resident Evil 5, The Last of Us, Beyond Two Souls, Heavy Rain, Tomb Raider, Dragon's Dogma, Diablo III, God of War 3, The Bureau and XCOM: Enemy Within are high on the priority list (for now), but I'm close to 50% completion and might make that the priority.

I've restarted LittleBigPlanet 2 to complete the trilogy before those servers go to ruin too. I'm not overly enjoying the game and I hate the floaty jump physics, so it's a suck it and see kinda deal to tidy up the backlog a bit.

I wouldn't mind tackling Unreal Tournament III as I'm pretty close to that plat too. There's only a handful of MP stuff to tidy up, then onto replaying the campaigns. Not looking forward to the final level on Insane, but I'm sure it'll come in time.

Blitz the League II has also been playing on my mind recently. It's a well-deserved Ultra-Rare and will sit on the top shelf of my trophy cabinet if and when I finally drag my arse back to the game.

Demons Souls will get the nod this month too. I'm looking forward to sinking my teeth into it again.

And the Batman AA challenges, while I'm still in some sort of form.

As usual - too many games, too little time. First world problems...

Kiwi Defender

I'd suggest asking dj(_Shelyx) for help with UT3, given he's a beast at it. Same with NA DS if you ever have an issue and I'm not around ( ). As for the rest, not much to say given I've only played RE5, HR and GoW III. However, if you need help with RE5, just hit me up and I'll do what I can .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I'd suggest asking dj for help with UT3, given he's a beast at it. Same with NA DS
    And Blitz: The League II

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Banned

Wow, Ant, I like your checklist. I can't wait for show you mine and my new checklist will coming out soon.

illegal in 9 countries

#62 - NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for Skylanders Swap Force.

I enjoyed the shit outta this game, mostly because my 4 y/o son and I completed the Plat together. The Skylanders franchise is a great intro to budding gamers with a gentle learning curve that introduces new gameplay mechanics over time, like jumping to Swap Force. My boy can pretty much run through the game solo now, which in my mind is a greater achievement than the very rare Plat.

On the downside, I also picked up the game for PS4 (the PS3 version will go to Granddad's house), but the friggin' Aussie version can't connect to the Swap Force servers for the single online trophy in the game, so it doesn't look like I'll be Platting that anytime soon .

#63 - 100% Complete for LittleBigPlanet Karting.
    Ball-ache. Fun racing, but the shithouse MP servers wasted 50+ hours of my time when a handful should have sufficed, which is why the Plat is ultra-rare. Nuff said.

#64 - 100% Complete for LittleBigPlanet 2.
    Another very rare Plat to add to my collection. More MP ball-ache, as per above, though it was the LBP community causing grief rather than dud servers. Selfish dumb fucks wouldn't know a trophy if it sat on their face and wiggled. I ended up resorting to stalking and kidnapping unsuspecting sackfolk to get Dive In and 50 Unique Plays over the line, then kicking them back to their pods after I'd had my way with them.

On the more positive side, I've finally nudged my trophies over 50% at 4347 earned vs 4307 unearned. That's the theory at least, but it's calculated just shy of that mark at 49.07%. I figure near enough is good enough, I'm somewhat tired of cleaning up my backlog for now and I'm well ahead of schedule (75 Plats by year's end), so it's time to take my foot off the peddle and sink my teeth into a couple of RPGs.

A plat a month!

Congrats on your most recent platinums!

La Mano de Dios

Awesome checklist!! Congrats on your collection.

Nice to have your son playing with you. I wish my daughter plays with me when she grows up

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Congratulations on your recent plats and hard work mate, well done. I've had the best time playing some games on my Ps3 with my daughter, you just can't beat it!

50 hours online!? That sucks ass man, I applaud your patience and perseverence on LBPK.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 9 - Gold

Congrats on all your recent Plats and good to hear that your son was able to share in the success in the Skylander Plat. Anymore I play alone since all my kids have moved out on there own. Now I just have to wait for the Grandkids to get to where they can play games also.

Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast