Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night...

This is a discussion on ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night... within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Congrats on your 3 recent plats man...

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on your 3 recent plats man

Kiwi Defender

What RPGs are you thinking about, ant1?

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    What RPGs are you thinking about, ant1?
    Demon's Souls, Diablo III and Dragon's Dogma. They're all pretty long and I'm in no hurry, so maybe all three. I wouldn't mind finishing off Deus Ex while I'm at it.

I'll fire up XCOM Declassified first and Unreal Tournament 3 is pretty close to completion, so they might be the focus for the next week or so. Curb's keen to knock UT3 over too - I'll see if our timezones and the GameSpy servers allow for a bit of co-op.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Demon's Souls, Diablo III and Dragon's Dogma. They're all pretty long and I'm in no hurry, so maybe all three. I wouldn't mind finishing off Deus Ex while I'm at it.

I'll fire up XCOM Declassified first and Unreal Tournament 3 is pretty close to completion, so they might be the focus for the next week or so. Curb's keen to knock UT3 over too - I'll see if our timezones and the GameSpy servers allow for a bit of co-op.
    Demon's Souls can be done very quickly if you do your research (even faster if you get help). Dues Ex is fairly easy, I'd say, especially if you're not trying to do everything in one run. No idea about the other three, though .

Curb's one unreliable ass. He always says he's up to something and bails .

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

illegal in 9 countries

Demon's Souls can be done very quickly if you do your research (even faster if you get help). Dues Ex is fairly easy, I'd say, especially if you're not trying to do everything in one run. No idea about the other three, though .
    I plan to have no plan for Demon's Souls. I dislike referring to a guide while playing through a game as it completely breaks immersion, so I'll take my time to get the most out of it.

Deus Ex I is definitely an easy game, but I got bored and stopped playing games altogether for a couple of months last year and haven't picked it up since. Same with L.A Noire which I also plan to revisit at some point this year.

Curb's one unreliable ass. He always says he's up to something and bails .
    If he shows, great. If not, I'll do it myself. I'm easy either way.

illegal in 9 countries

March recap -

Games Played: 12
    Best Game: Skylanders Swap Force
    Worst Game: LittleBigPlanet Karting
    Trophies Earned: 171
    Platinums: 4
    PSN 100%: 0
    Total Trophies: 4347
    Completion: 49.07% (+1.29%)
    Game Rank Avg: B
    Country Rank: 219

March was a mixed bag of lollies. My goal throughout the month was to attempt to break even at 50% completion rate by tidying up some of my backlog and I achieved that goal...kinda...sorta. My trophies earned finally exceeds those unearned, though the overall percentage lies curiously short of the mark. Meh...whatever...near enough is good enough.

Some crap games filled out the roster with the dreadful Motorstorm RC getting a little playtime, while the god-awful servers for LBP Karting and the fuckwit community of LBP 2 soiled what should have been a couple of decent Plats.

On the flipside, I had a tonne of fun finishing off the Swap Force trophies with my 4 y/o son, which is why it got the nod ahead of the classic twitch shooter Unreal Tournament 3 as the best game of the month. To be fair, I only played a few hours of UT3 to finish off the one remaining online trophy, however I plan to knock the Plat over this month for a tidy addition to my trophy collection.

With the recent notice that the servers for some damn fine games are under risk of closing on May 31, including UT3, I've shifted focus from the RPGs I had intended to play to attempt to knock over the Bulletstorm online MP trophies. I fucking love this game, so I'm happy to put the time into it. If anyone is up for the Anarchy Master trophy, let me know.

Lord of all Goat-Men

March recap -

Games Played: 12
    Best Game: Skylanders Swap Force
    Worst Game: LittleBigPlanet Karting
    Trophies Earned: 171
    Platinums: 4
    PSN 100%: 0
    Total Trophies: 4347
    Completion: 49.07% (+1.29%)
    Game Rank Avg: B
    Country Rank: 219

March was a mixed bag of lollies. My goal throughout the month was to attempt to break even at 50% completion rate by tidying up some of my backlog and I achieved that goal...kinda...sorta. My trophies earned finally exceeds those unearned, though the overall percentage lies curiously short of the mark. Meh...whatever...near enough is good enough.

Some crap games filled out the roster with the dreadful Motorstorm RC getting a little playtime, while the god-awful servers for LBP Karting and the fuckwit community of LBP 2 soiled what should have been a couple of decent Plats.

On the flipside, I had a tonne of fun finishing off the Swap Force trophies with my 4 y/o son, which is why it got the nod ahead of the classic twitch shooter Unreal Tournament 3 as the best game of the month. To be fair, I only played a few hours of UT3 to finish off the one remaining online trophy, however I plan to knock the Plat over this month for a tidy addition to my trophy collection.

With the recent notice that the servers for some damn fine games are under risk of closing on May 31, including UT3, I've shifted focus from the RPGs I had intended to play to attempt to knock over the Bulletstorm online MP trophies. I fucking love this game, so I'm happy to put the time into it. If anyone is up for the Anarchy Master trophy, let me know.
    Congrats on the progress man!

How long is the Bulletstorm MP? I have it but haven't touched it.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    How long is the Bulletstorm MP? I have it but haven't touched it.
    Just the man I was looking for...

Apparently it's about 20-30 hours to get to Level 65, depending on the party and the maps. I've played for 4 hours thus far and have hit Level 23, so it's not very intimidating. If only the nubcakes in pick up groups understood the concept of "teamwork", it'd make the process on the shorter end of the spectrum.

There are ways to farm the Anarchy Master, Team Player and Final Echo trophies with only a couple of guys. I'm sure Anarchy Master would pop along the way to Final Echo, once you get a good read of the map and what to expect in each wave.

The Bulletstorm Plat is Ultra Rare at 2.68% and it's only gonna get rarer if the servers go down

Lord of all Goat-Men

Just the man I was looking for...

Apparently it's about 20-30 hours to get to Level 65, depending on the party and the maps. I've played for 4 hours thus far and have hit Level 23, so it's not very intimidating. If only the nubcakes in pick up groups understood the concept of "teamwork", it'd make the process on the shorter end of the spectrum.

There are ways to farm the Anarchy Master, Team Player and Final Echo trophies with only a couple of guys. I'm sure Anarchy Master would pop along the way to Final Echo, once you get a good read of the map and what to expect in each wave.

The Bulletstorm Plat is Ultra Rare at 2.68% and it's only gonna get rarer if the servers go down
    Colour me interested and tickle me Elmo. We still on for RE5 at some point as well?

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Colour me interested and tickle me Elmo. We still on for RE5 at some point as well?
    Roger that. I'll be playing Bulletstorm every night for a few hours until I nail the Plat, then UT3 to finish off the Insanity playthrough.

RE5
    can slot in after I'm done with those two.

Kiwi Defender

If you want help with RE5 give me a shot (supposing I'm online at the same time you are, that is). Game's a pile of garbage, but a fun pile of garbage with co-op.

Toggle Spoiler

illegal in 9 countries

I've been grinding out MP in Bulletstorm for Final Echo and managed to get to level 52 pretty quickly in about 11 hours so far (60% of the XP needed to Level 65). Halfway through, I found a quick way to solo Anarchy mode and it was working well...but that's when the real fun started.

The MP servers decided to reset me back to Level 5 for no apparent reason. Backing up and restoring the save, which I do after every gaming session, did not help. Leaving the servers for a day to see if the local save synced with the correctly reported stats on Bulletstorm's servers also did not help. Mother. Fucker.

Anyway...here's a quick way to boost to Level 65 that should take around 12-15 hours on Wave 4 of Grand Central -

On average, you'll net about 10,000 points per 4 minute round (including map reload & shopping), which amounts to roughly 150,000 / hr.

If you own the Gun Sonata DLC, here's an even quicker method to knock the trophy out in about 8-10 hours on Wave 4 of Villa -

On average, you'll easily net 15,000 per 4 minute round (including map reload & shopping), which equates to 225,000 / hr. It's also a piece of piss and will carve at least 1/3rd off the time required to grind the trophy.

The video doesn't make it immediately obvious, but all you need to do is fully upgrade your Leash, load it up with Thumpers and kite around the bell until all 5 enemies in a wave are in the area of effect. Try to get a decent spread when you Thump them into the air, otherwise they'll collide and you'll get 50-100 each for Flyswatter rather than 650 ea for Dung and Fertlizer. When they're airborne, wait until the bodies accelerate towards the ground (a rough count to 10 or 11) and shoot the bell instead of leashing it. Kill 30 and allow the final enemy to kill you to rinse and repeat. Do NOT upgrade your Defense - it only adds time to the end of each round.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Big points. The most I hit was 20960, but you need to be lucky to avoid mid-air collisions and other hazards stealing the kill to get the full clusterfuck effect of the bell.

For anyone else attempting the Plat, take a couple of precautions to avoid the same MP reset issue:

1. Stay logged into the PSN until you've completed the Final Echo trophy. Logging out runs the risk of your level resetting the next time you login to MP.
    2. Keep Bulletstorm running the whole time and remain in the Multiplayer > Private Lobby when AFK...or AFC, in this case. Staying in the MP Lobby ensures your Level won't reset.

I'm back up to Level 54 within 7 hours and only discovered the Villa DLC strategy at about the 4 hour mark. Do it from the get-go, give it two or three sessions of 3 to 4 hours over the course of a day or two and that bitch is done.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 04-11-2014 at 08:08 AM.

Kiwi Defender

Sucks about the glitch, but at least you've found a quicker way to get it done. Hopefully this means you'll have the multiplayer finished by the end of the week .

Toggle Spoiler

Winter Is Coming

Just checking out your CL for the first time and got to say this is one of the best CL i've seen. Really like the way you have set out your plat descriptions, the report card idea looks awesome.
    Another Ratchet & Clank fan

Awesome sig & avy by the Awesome Timeless-Enigma

illegal in 9 countries

Thanks to those who voted for your's truly in the MotM. I appreciate the kiss of death.

You're next Artemis.

Lord of all Goat-Men

Thanks to those who voted for your's truly in the MotM. I appreciate the kiss of death.

You're next Artemis.
    Congratulations BB!

xoxo

PRO Member

Congrats on MotM turd

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Galaxy beauty pirate

Congrats on winning motm Ant1. You deserved it.
    Sig by Ramon

Lvl 9 - Gold

Congrats on winning MOTM. You earned it.

illegal in 9 countries

#65 - Platinum Trophy for Heavy Fire: Afghanistan.

Forgive me brothers for I have sinned. It's been 4 weeks since my last Platinum and I couldn't let the month slip by without adding at least one to the collection.

I bought Heavy Fire: Afghanistan because it reminded me of the old Delta Force and DF: Black Hawk Down games from the early noughties. I wanted to something to play with my seriously neglected Move Sharp Shooter (thanks Faust for reminding me of my poor investment), so HF:A fit the bill.

My first attempt at playing the game was via the DualShock and to be perfectly honest, it's pretty hard to find a game with worse controls. However, bang the Move and Nav controllers into a Sharp Shooter and it transforms into a slick little cover-based rail shooter in the same vein as Time Crisis and Dead Space Extraction.

HF:A is a lightweight title with poor graphics, rough edges and dumb-as-dogshit A.I (which is to be expected), but set your bar low and it's a surprisingly fun game with a bit of replay value. It doesn't hurt that the Plat is short and sweet and it's definitely a stats padder, but I found it a good excuse to dust off the Move controls.

I'll see if I can squeak the sequel Shattered Spear in before the clock ticks over into May. I've had a quick play and the controls feel even slicker, so it should be another quick, fun and dirty Plat. Then back to Bulletstorm's MP to knock over Team Player and Anarchy Master before the servers close.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 04-29-2014 at 03:48 AM.

Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast