Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night...

This is a discussion on ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night... within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Congrats on your newest plat man and goodluck finishing up the sequel before the end of the month...

Forget I Was Ever Here

Congrats on your newest plat man and goodluck finishing up the sequel before the end of the month

It is time for me to go underground

Lvl 9 - Gold

Congrats on the new Plat and Ill be looking for the other Plat before next month. Im sure youll get it.

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on the Heavy Fire Afghanistan platinum man

Kiwi Defender

Sounds like a typical shitty game one can still enjoy - like Disney games in the PS1. At least you had fun with it, otherwise it would've been horrible .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Sounds like a typical shitty game one can still enjoy - like Disney games in the PS1. At least you had fun with it, otherwise it would've been horrible .
    There's no disputing the poor quality of Heavy Fire, but both games are fun to play for a bargain bin effort.

I really just wanted an excuse to use the Sharp Shooter, which is a brilliant bit of kit for the Move. On that front, HF:A delivered. By every other key performance indicator, it's a piece of shit.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    #65 - Platinum Trophy for Heavy Fire: Afghanistan.
    Congrats for new plat!

PRO Member

Congrats on your latest platinum

Kiwi Defender

There's no disputing the poor quality of Heavy Fire, but both games are fun to play for a bargain bin effort.

I really just wanted an excuse to use the Sharp Shooter, which is a brilliant bit of kit for the Move. On that front, HF:A delivered. By every other key performance indicator, it's a piece of shit.
    Can't blame you. If I bought so many peripherals, I'd feel they were an even bigger waste if I didn't use them, especially with how expensive some of them are.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Play Dragon's Dogma! My pawn is still awaiting your arrival, remember? Ba Dum Tsh! =3
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    Play Dragon's Dogma! My pawn is still awaiting your arrival, remember? Ba Dum Tsh! =3
    I'll get there my friend...spare time's a rare commodity at the moment, hence the 5 hour Plats

I take it you'll be buying the new Borderlands game when it's released. I'll hit you up for some co-op action

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

I'll get there my friend...spare time's a rare commodity at the moment, hence the 5 hour Plats

I take it you'll be buying the new Borderlands game when it's released. I'll hit you up for some co-op action
    OF COURSE! Though, it's gonna be a LONG while before Borderlands 3 will get released, no? There is always Destiny later this year, which is basically the futuristic version of Borderlands. See you online there!
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    OF COURSE! Though, it's gonna be a LONG while before Borderlands 3 will get released, no? There is always Destiny later this year, which is basically the futuristic version of Borderlands. See you online there!
    The BL pre-sequel should be out this year - Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel not as big as Borderlands 2, may not be full price - GameSpot

I'm not convinced that I'm gonna like Destiny based on some of the gameplay videos (looks / plays like Halo...meh), though I'm sure I'll buy it regardless.

illegal in 9 countries

#66 - Platinum Trophy for Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear

And that's the sequel out of the way...2 days, 2 Plats and a somewhat satisfying end to an otherwise dry month.

Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear improves upon its predecessor with better graphics, better controls, better level design, better enemy A.I...better in every way except perhaps what passes for a story. I'm guessing it had something to do with the Iranians and a nuke, but the voice acting was so terrible I didn't bother to find out.

I'd go so far as to say this is the best rail shooter I've ever played. Not a big call since the on-rails niche is so small and I haven't given Dead Space Extraction much of a chance, but what it does, it does well, and the game just feels right with Move controls and a Sharp Shooter.

The only blatant negative is some of the quick time events -- where you push the controller up, down or rotate sideways -- don't always register and frequently lead to your death. But it's an inconvenience rather than a game-breaker given the copious use of checkpoints and extremely short levels (5 to 8 mins long), so the most you lose is a minute of your time.

Overall, HF: Shattered Spear is not a great game by any stretch of the imagination, but it is great fun with a Sharp Shooter and worth the $9 I paid for the 3 or 4 hours of entertainment I got out of it.

A plat a month!

Congrats on Heavy Spear! Sounds like this was a trophy grab based on your description!

Kiwi Defender

Well, at least the sequel improved on almost every front. That's something most sequels don't achieve - even AAA ones.

Toggle Spoiler

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by wandarer View Post
    Congrats on Heavy Spear! Sounds like this was a trophy grab based on your description!
    I've been on a good run this year, averaging close to a Plat a week (16 Plats in 19 weeks) and am on track for 100 Plats come Christmas time if I keep my motivation up.

I had to switch focus in April to tackle the Bulletstorm MP trophies, which put my plans on hold for the first couple of weeks. I lost momentum and all but stopped playing for the last fortnight to get my wife up to speed with Game of Thrones, so the two hours a night I normally dedicate to playing games was spent watching TV instead.

Playing the two Heavy Fire games was definitely a trophy grab to try to squeeze in a couple of Plats before the end of the month. But I've also been meaning to play them for awhile to make use of my Sharp Shooter, which Faust reminded me that I've barely touched. So I guess it's a little of column A and a little of column B.

Bulletstorm will again be the focus this month, along with Unreal Tournament - I'm close to finishing both and they'll look shiny on my PSN profile. I bought a couple of Wonderbook games for my kids that should arrive in the post in about a week that I'll likely use to pad my stats again to catch up on lost time. I figure trophy hunting is a long game and I'll get a mix of good and bad Plats in there. I'm not going out of my way to whore it up, but I enjoy playing games with my kids more than I care about my trophy card, so the occasional kiddy game doesn't bother me. If I can fit Heavy Rain, or Beyond Two Souls or The Last of Us in there, I'll be happy with the month.

Well, at least the sequel improved on almost every front. That's something most sequels don't achieve - even AAA ones.
    I've never been a game snob Nag. If a game is priced right and the reviews aren't atrocious, I'll play anything if it looks like value for money. In this case, Shattered Spear was worth the dough and I genuinely enjoyed my short time with the game. Not seat-of-the-pants "This game is teh shit!!!1!" enjoyment, but it works as a side dish to complement a bigger meal. That's all you can expect from a budget title and I've had much less fun in better-known, better-regarded and higher-priced games...

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on the second Heavy Fire platinum dude

Local Drunk

Congrats on the new plat mate

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Kiwi Defender

I've never been a game snob Nag. If a game is priced right and the reviews aren't atrocious, I'll play anything if it looks like value for money. In this case, Shattered Spear was worth the dough and I genuinely enjoyed my short time with the game. Not seat-of-the-pants "This game is teh shit!!!1!" enjoyment, but it works as a side dish to complement a bigger meal. That's all you can expect from a budget title and I've had much less fun in better-known, better-regarded and higher-priced games...
    I used to do the same during the PS1-era, buying bootleg games in enormous quantities (3 for $1-2 and the like), so I ended up playing a lot of bad games, but many of them were extremely enjoyable and fun as hell, to the point I've even bought orginal copies of a couple of them over the years. Shame one can't enjoy such things nowadays anymore .

Toggle Spoiler

illegal in 9 countries

I used to do the same during the PS1-era, buying bootleg games in enormous quantities (3 for $1-2 and the like), so I ended up playing a lot of bad games, but many of them were extremely enjoyable and fun as hell, to the point I've even bought orginal copies of a couple of them over the years. Shame one can't enjoy such things nowadays anymore .
    The key to the Heavy Fire games is they felt right on the money with the Move controls, the Sharp Shooter in particular. If the gameplay feels good, everything else kinda fades into the periphery.

By contrast, I just popped Cabela's Survival: Shadows of Katmai into the PS3 and the Move controls are complete shit. It's in the same budget-title echelon as Heavy Fire, but my opinion of it is at the opposite end of the spectrum because it feels all wrong. I'd rather fling the disc into the sun than play Shadows of Katmai again.

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast