Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night...

This is a discussion on ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night... within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s How so Nag? I'm hoping that's a good thing! I can't recall Manny's checklist, I didn't ...

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    How so Nag? I'm hoping that's a good thing!

I can't recall Manny's checklist, I didn't bother with them before the meltdown. Where is he these days?

I got my inspiration from ONUOsFan's gorgeous minimalism, DJ_Keyser's wicked mini-reviews, Mass Effect 2's dossiers, PlayFire's box shots, Gamespot's review summaries and Denaratuck's foot up my arse (I promise to post my setup soon...I sound like a broken record!). The rest is pure ant1th3s1s

I figured it was easier to collate my games, photos, videos (I'm in the process of creating some elgato footage) etc in one place rather than crap it all over the forums.
    His checklist went far beyond then necesities of a checklist. It was thanks to his that other ones (like ONUOs') came to be so awesome .

He's dead, playing on Steam every now and then.

Nothing bad from taking inspiration and addin you're own touch to your checklist. Makes it look unique and awesome. And yes, better to have a single thread with everything on it than 50+.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    It's getting better and better.

Kerwin you stole my words, and slightly changed them.

>:F
    I posted first, biiiiiiieatch.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    C'mon now, settle down you two. I'll have none of it that in my thread!

JK...MOD FREE ZONE !!!1! Boob! Shit! Bollocks!

Carry on...

[update] Progress Report format and revised titles added.

Not happy with whitespace between sections, will correct later once I figure out the end-game layout.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Change is good

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    Only because you copy-pasta what I had in my mind, while I still had to write it >:F

But yeah ant1, nice checklist

Platinum Procrastinator

Hahaha I'm glad I was helpful in motivating you to finally break down and start your own thread. I'm also sort of depressed at mine now after seeing how yours is going and you only have three games listed so far! The quality speaks for itself and its already got my vote for checklist of the year hands down.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Hahaha I'm glad I was helpful in motivating you to finally break down and start your own thread. I'm also sort of depressed at mine now after seeing how yours is going and you only have three games listed so far! The quality speaks for itself and its already got my vote for checklist of the year hands down.
    Every time I look at the TV in the living room I think "Fuckit...Denaratuck! Gotta hang that thing on the wall."

I'll wrangle a mate to drop by and help me out, then post pics of the three gaming setups. In the meantime, I'll bang up the first two in a couple of days.

If I'm going to post them on the site, I might as well create a thread to house them without being accused of being a big-head. Badabing! Badaboom!...Checklist.

[update] Added some intro text to Platinum Trophies and a few more Report Cards. I'm happy with the format and will blaze ahead with the rest.

I've got some neat ideas for the photos, shelved games and shout-outs. Might try them later in the week or over the weekend.

Videos will take longer - I need to work out how to add titling in Motion and Final Cut. They'll look alright once I've nutted it out.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Platinum Procrastinator

Hahaha, one day you'll finish off the room and we'll all be jealous when you post the pictures and videos. Also just went back through your thread and seen the new additions. Noticed Mass Effect got great ratings and it makes me want to play them now as I loved the first two games on my 360 and I really need to see how the trilogy concludes. Here's hoping that one day the first ME game makes its way onto the PS3 as an interactive comic doesn't do the game justice.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Change is good

All this talk about being a Sentinel is getting to me. I got stuck on ME2's Insanity and I feel like starting over with a Sentinel. Could I still import and then change the class or is that opportunity gone and I need to make a new character?

Kiwi Defender

All this talk about being a Sentinel is getting to me. I got stuck on ME2's Insanity and I feel like starting over with a Sentinel. Could I still import and then change the class or is that opportunity gone and I need to make a new character?
    I think you can import the character and change the class afterwards, but I'm not entirely sure . You'll need to play the game and check for yourself.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

illegal in 9 countries

Do you mean import to ME2 or ME3?

You can import an ME2 character and change it's class in ME3 eg Soldier > Sentinel.

In ME2 you're better off starting a new class for an Insanity run because the enemies scale to your level.

In both games you can't change class between playthroughs eg Normal Soldier > Insanity Soldier.

Sentinel is seriously overpowered in ME2. It's easily the best class for Insanity thanks to the innate survivability of Tech Armor and the skills Throw, Warp and Overload. Toss Reave into the mix and you can't lose.

For most of the game I took Thane and Garrus with the Sentinel for 2 x Area Throw & 2 x Area Overload and equipped them with 2 x Incisor Sniper Rifles. These squaddies stick to cover out of harm's way and unlike other squadmate weapons at Insanity difficulty, there's no damage reduction on the Incisor.

Once you hit the Omega 4 Relay, swap out Garrus for Samara and drop Overload for Warp - none of the Reapers have shields. Go with 2 x Area Reave, 3 x Area Throw, 2 x Heavy Warp and watch those Husks and Collectors melt away.

Sentinels are still great in ME3 thanks to their arsenal of Biotic / Tech primers and detonators, but they're not quite as strong defensively. Still stronger than the other classes, but not OP. That doesn't matter because with Liara and EDI in your squad you're a glass cannon and very little will stand up to explosions every couple of seconds. 2 x Overload, Singularity + Throw, Cryo Blast + Incinerate = Game Over.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 07-30-2012 at 06:30 PM.

Change is good

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Do you mean import to ME2 or ME3?

You can import an ME2 character and change it's class in ME3 eg Soldier > Sentinel.

In ME2 you're better off starting a new class for an Insanity run because the enemies scale to your level.

In both games you can't change class between playthroughs eg Normal Soldier > Insanity Soldier.

Sentinel is seriously overpowered in ME2. It's easily the best class for Insanity thanks to the innate survivability of Tech Armor and the skills Throw, Warp and Overload. Toss Reave into the mix and you can't lose.

For most of the game I took Thane and Garrus for 2 x Area Throw & 2 x Area Overload and equipped them with 2 x Incisor Sniper Rifles. These squaddies stick to cover out of harm's way and unlike other squadmate weapons at Insanity difficulty, there's no damage reduction on the Incisor.

Once you hit the Omega 4 Relay, swap out Garrus for Samara and drop Overload for Warp - none of the Reapers have shields. Go with 2 x Area Reave, 3 x Area Throw and watch those Husks and Collectors melt away.

Sentinels are still great in ME3 thanks to their arsenal of Biotic / Tech primers and detonators, but they're not quite as strong defensively. Still stronger than the other classes, but not OP. That doesn't matter because with Liara and EDI in your squad you're a glass cannon and very little will stand up to explosions every couple of seconds. 2 x Overload, Singularity + Throw, Cryo Blast + Incinerate = Game Over.
    Dude, thanks for the tips. I was meaning a new insanity play through in ME2 with my normal import. So you recommend that I start over anyway? I was told that it is harder in the beginning if you import, but gets easier as you progress. That's why I didn't make a new character.

You're new additions are looking nice as well

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Aha, I remember that EDI joke scene and Shepard's reaction to it; that was so, how to say it, deep in facial animation (okay, lame way to put it, but you get the idea).

Anyway, I am still playing the ME3 multiplayer and it is as fun as ever, given that the Earth DLC is already recently out and the new N7 human classes are really incredible. I myself have become quite adept now as the N7 Shadow, beside my Salarian Infiltrator, Asari Justicar and Geth Infiltrator. Do stop by for some co-op if you ever feel like it! =3

PS: They also added a Platinum difficulty, hehe; it is like Gold but enemies start off at full force right from Wave 1 and enemies from the other two races will also start appearing in later waves. Woohoo.
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

illegal in 9 countries

Dude, thanks for the tips. I was meaning a new insanity play through in ME2 with my normal import. So you recommend that I start over anyway? I was told that it is harder in the beginning if you import, but gets easier as you progress. That's why I didn't make a new character.

You're new additions are looking nice as well
    I changed class because Soldier was boring. I found it much easier to start afresh with a Sentinel than to continue as a Soldier and didn't find it hard at the start.

Only the battle on Horizon presents a challenge, mostly thanks to the dud squadmate cover AI and limited squaddie options early in the game. Once past the Husk rushes in that battle (kite and Throw), the rest of the game is cake.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    Aha, I remember that EDI joke scene and Shepard's reaction to it; that was so, how to say it, deep in facial animation (okay, lame way to put it, but you get the idea).
    I could have chosen dozens of other great moments (ME 3 is chock full of them) but I'm trying to avoid spoilers in the cards, going for subtle hints instead.

His expression during that scene was both hilarious and memorable

Kiwi Defender

Completely agreed with inFAMOUS' Golden Moment, it was truly amazing and actually got me to think highly about the game.

Toggle Spoiler

illegal in 9 countries

Added a new format for quick and dirty Plats that aren't worthy of writing a Report Card. It saves effort, space, energy and bandwidth...a win all round.

The checklist is coming together nicely. I'll add the rest of the Plats tonight & tomorrow, then move on to some fun new stuff.

[update] 19 Plats done, 7 to go...
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 08-01-2012 at 08:28 AM.

illegal in 9 countries

Added Nearly Done section.
    Plats to finish tomorrow.
    Photos are inbound.

Still so much to do...

Ice Cream Firefighter

man everytime I come here it just keeps getting better & better I love visiting your CL mate still can't wait to see your gaming set-ups that your talking about mate keep up the brilliant work

GDT RIP Biggest
    Competition of 2013
    Will be drawn very soon

GDT RIP Competitions
    On holidays and will resume on February 1st 2014

Now Playing
    Final Fantasy XIV:
    A Realm Reborn

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    man everytime I come here it just keeps getting better & better I love visiting your CL mate still can't wait to see your gaming set-ups that your talking about mate keep up the brilliant work
    Thank you my good man!

Plats are all done...thank the floaty sky deity.

A few more games to add to the Nearly There list. I'll add games @ +65% complete.
    Contemplating format of 100% PSN and On the Shelf. Might just use sticky-note format
    First photos will be posted this weekend.

Random Access Memories

Damn man. Sorry for taking so long to view such a fantastic list and layout. Very awesome one and I look forward to your updates. Show them games off!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast