Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night...

This is a discussion on ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night... within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Congrats on the Plants vs. Zombies platinum dude...

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on the Plants vs. Zombies platinum dude

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Life is good Edo. My wife just had our fourth kid, so life in general is busy.

Work too has been busy since March, but is settling down leading into Xmas / New Year's, so I have a bit more time on my hands for gaming and should pop another 5-10 Plats before 2015. Looks like you've been banging out some nice plats of your own

I've got Destiny, but haven't fired it up yet. It's on my list and I might give it a go this week. Any tips?
    Have you got Borderlands The Pre-sequel? I just started that too.
    Slow down with the kids! At this rate, you might as well repopulate the Earth yourself if a zombie apocalypse comes. Haha, just jesting.

Just a warning though for Destiny, if you want to give its platinum a go, it has one of the most difficult trophies around in this era, the Flawless Raider trophy. Look it up and you will know what I mean. Regardless, if you need a team for practice flawless runs, feel free to join my clan, RedT; some of us have already achieved the trophy and will be helping other people get the trophy too, time permitting. Just tell Garter_Windwood, the leader, that you know me and he will invite you then.

I have not gotten Borderlands the Prequel yet. With Assassin's Creed Unity and GTA V for PS4 coming up soon already, I am not sure if I will have the time for the new Borderlands game, haha (PS: it has its own platinum too?). Hmm, I wonder which one to buy first, AC Unity or GTA V; the reason I want to buy the latter is to play it for fun with friends just like in the old days, but with some super nice graphics and first person mode this time round.
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

illegal in 9 countries

Well fuck a duck - 3 weeks since my last post? I suppose I better update my Plat count while I'm here...

#76 - Diablo III Platinum Trophy for Diablo III (PS3)

#77 - Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Platinum Trophy for Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (PS4)

With the formalities out of the way...What. The. Fuck?!? I've been finishing off the last campaign levels for Call of Duty: World at War in an effort to tidy up some of my backlog. Things are going along swimmingly, until I got bored and attempted to knock over a couple of the online trophies to get them out of the way.

So I entered a game of Online > FFA and there's some messages popping up on the screen every few seconds saying "Server can hear client 1,2,3,4 etc." Ok, that's a bit weird, but I'll persist. The match ends and I'm expecting Get Your Right Foot Wet to pop, but nothing happens. I tried a quick game of co-op, finish it and wait for Get Your Left Foot Wet to pop...again, nothing. My inner monologue kicks in with "Fuck that, I'll go back and finish the campaign" and off I went to play the last two missions. I get to the end and...no fucking trophy!

Whatever these pricks were using in their hacked lobby has blocked me from earning trophies and reset all of my previously completed missions to unplayed status...****s. I backup my saves every night after finishing a session, but I have to replay the last 6 missions over again and hope the same fucking thing doesn't happen again the next time I go for the online trophies

Anyone else had the same experience? I want to knock over a few of the older CoD games, but I'm pretty hesitant to go online.

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on the 2 Diablo plats dude

Local Drunk

Congrats on the new plats mate

That's pretty fucked about CoD. Bloody hackers always gotta wreck things.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Congrats on your Diablo plats if you're still gonna play after the plat then feel free to add me

Kiwi Defender

Never heard of those issues, so I can't help. However, remember that you beat those 6 missions already, so don't blow a fuse when you get stuck. Just think "I did it once, I can do it again" . I do hope you can still earn all those trophies though.

However, there's another way I can offer help! If you want the DLC trophies, me and Ryan know of ways to do it with little to no issue and barely any effort. Just hit me up on Steam or send me a PM and I'll share the details. I'll gladly help (and make Ryan help, too), but first I'll need to find my copy (which might take a while ).

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Never heard of those issues, so I can't help. However, remember that you beat those 6 missions already, so don't blow a fuse when you get stuck. Just think "I did it once, I can do it again" . I do hope you can still earn all those trophies though.
    I'm not overly concerned about replaying the missions. The first playthrough was on Regular, to get my head into the game. I intend to do it again on Hardened and Veteran anyway...looking forward to that grenade spam like a hole in the head. It's just the loss of 3 or 4 hours and 2 campaign trophies that's annoying. I could ignore it and go straight for the Vet trophies and they'll pop at the end, but it'll be out of sequence and look a bit dodgy.

However, there's another way I can offer help! If you want the DLC trophies, me and Ryan know of ways to do it with little to no issue and barely any effort. Just hit me up on Steam or send me a PM and I'll share the details. I'll gladly help (and make Ryan help, too), but first I'll need to find my copy (which might take a while ).
    Hmm, interesting . Not sure that I've got the DLC. Knowing early PSN me as well as I do, I probably bought them.

Kiwi Defender

I'm not overly concerned about replaying the missions. The first playthrough was on Regular, to get my head into the game. I intend to do it again on Hardened and Veteran anyway...looking forward to that grenade spam like a hole in the head. It's just the loss of 3 or 4 hours and 2 campaign trophies that's annoying. I could ignore it and go straight for the Vet trophies and they'll pop at the end, but it'll be out of sequence and look a bit dodgy.
    That's true - feels like you wasted your time. But don't fret about it. If you're worried about it looking dodgy, blaze through it on the easiest difficulty and then work on Veteran.

As for the grenade spam - yes, they throw lots of grenades, but it wasn't as bad for me as it seems to have been for others, so let's hope you run with the same luck.

Hmm, interesting . Not sure that I've got the DLC. Knowing early PSN me as well as I do, I probably bought them.
    Not like it's har to check anyway .

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

illegal in 9 countries

That's true - feels like you wasted your time. But don't fret about it. If you're worried about it looking dodgy, blaze through it on the easiest difficulty and then work on Veteran.
    I replayed the last 6 missions and the trophies popped from the backup save. I also nailed Sum of All Zeroes on my second attempt on Black Cats, so that's one of the reportedly tougher ones done

As for the grenade spam - yes, they throw lots of grenades, but it wasn't as bad for me as it seems to have been for others, so let's hope you run with the same luck.
    As a test run, I completed Semper Fi on Vet for Get Your Hands Dirty and it wasn't too bad. Only one chokepoint where the grenades came flying, but it was manageable. I'm sure far worse awaits me - I had a hard enough time getting up the hill on Breaking Point on Regular .

I think I'll do a run through the game on Hardened before tackling the rest on Vet...still a bit of ring rust to knock off the old trigger finger.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 12-08-2014 at 06:51 AM.

Kiwi Defender

As a test run, I completed Semper Fi on Vet for Get Your Hands Dirty and it wasn't too bad. Only one chokepoint where the grenades came flying, but it was manageable. I'm sure far worse awaits me - I had a hard enough time getting up the hill on Breaking Point on Regular .

I think I'll do a run through the game on Hardened before tackling the rest on Vet...still a bit of ring rust to knock off the old trigger finger.
    I don't remember the name of the last missions, but I think it was the second-to-last that gave me the most trouble (most notably the part where you're going up the stairs towards the capitol or whatever it was called); you're getting shot from all over the place, and what little cover I'd find, I'd have to pick up and throw grenades every 10 seconds. Once I got past that I had little to no issues with the rest, and every previous mission wasn't as annoying, either.

Toggle Spoiler

illegal in 9 countries

I don't remember the name of the last missions, but I think it was the second-to-last that gave me the most trouble (most notably the part where you're going up the stairs towards the capitol or whatever it was called); you're getting shot from all over the place, and what little cover I'd find, I'd have to pick up and throw grenades every 10 seconds. Once I got past that I had little to no issues with the rest, and every previous mission wasn't as annoying, either.
    I found that less challenging than the hill in Breaking Point (the last Japanese mission, third last overall) as you pretty much need to rush to blow up the flak cannons anyway, which bypasses most grenade spam and there's quite a bit of cover. Getting up the stairs at the end requires not much more than a rush to the Checkpoint, which I'm sure will be a ball-ache on Vet, but you're packing the best SMG in the game at that point, which should lessen the difficulty.

What I found annoying about Breaking Point was the sneaky fucking Japs jumping out of holes behind you to drop grenades at your feet from seemingly nowhere while you're concentrating on long-range, single-round rifle shots
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 12-08-2014 at 07:10 PM.

Kiwi Defender

I found that less challenging than the hill in Breaking Point (the last Japanese mission, third last overall) as you pretty much need to rush to blow up the flak cannons anyway, which bypasses most grenade spam and there's quite a bit of cover. Getting up the stairs at the end requires not much more than a rush to the Checkpoint, which I'm sure will be a ball-ache on Vet, but you're packing the best SMG in the game at that point, which should lessen the difficulty.

What I found annoying about Breaking Point was the sneaky fucking Japs jumping out of holes behind you to drop grenades at your feet from seemingly nowhere while concentrating on long-range, single-round rifle shots
    Oh god, I remember that. It's the mission where you storm the Forbidden City rip-off. That last part gave me some issues, but nothing as bad as the one I mentioned previously .

Yeah, the japs that jump your ass out of fucking nowhere can be annoying as hell. I remember getting sniped out of nowhere in the beach landing level because those asshats would be hiding somewhere in the trees. I ended up burning every tree I came across.

Toggle Spoiler

illegal in 9 countries

#78 - Dutiful Soldier for Call of Duty Classic

Call of Duty Classic is one of those games that I fired up once, disliked immediately and never touched again. Having popped a single trophy for the training mission 3 1/2 years ago, I figured it was about time to clean it up and be rid of it for good.

Anyone who complains about the generic nature of modern military shooters, or the length of their single-player campaigns, needs to play CoD Classic. What may have been amazeballs in 2003 is positively shite in 2014 with blocky graphics, crap A.I., linear level design, confusing objectives and clunky controls. The dull campaign weighs in at 3 or 4 hours for the 25 disjointed and jarringly short levels, and the trophies are padded by forcing 3 playthroughs for Regular, Hardened and Veteran difficulty levels.

Veteran mode is reportedly difficult due to no health regen or packs to keep you in the green, but missions are so short and the spawns so predictable that by your third run through the game, it barely mattered. Only two missions caused me enough trouble to have to replay them (Eder Dam and Pavlov's House), the rest were a simple matter of keeping your head down, leaning l/r, spraying SMG rounds on every corner and shooting fast and straight at range.

If you've got the game, get the Plat, delete and move on. If you haven't got it, give CoD Classic a wide berth. It serves as proof that game franchises can improve over time, in spite of annual instalments that attract the ire of the gaming community. Give me CoD Advanced Warfare any day of the week - there's simply no going back to the "good old days" because those days are right here, right now.

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

#78 - Dutiful Soldier for Call of Duty Classic

Call of Duty Classic is one of those games that I fired up once, disliked immediately and never touched again. Having popped a single trophy for the training mission 3 1/2 years ago, I figured it was about time to clean it up and be rid of it for good.

Anyone who complains about the generic nature of modern military shooters, or the length of their single-player campaigns, needs to play CoD Classic. What may have been amazeballs in 2003 is positively shite in 2014 with blocky graphics, crap A.I., linear level design, confusing objectives and clunky controls. The dull campaign weighs in at 3 or 4 hours for the 25 disjointed and jarringly short levels, and the trophies are padded by forcing 3 playthroughs for Regular, Hardened and Veteran difficulty levels.

Veteran mode is reportedly difficult due to no health regen or packs to keep you in the green, but missions are so short and the spawns so predictable that by your third run through the game, it barely mattered. Only two missions caused me enough trouble to have to replay them (Eder Dam and Pavlov's House), the rest were a simple matter of keeping your head down, leaning l/r, spraying SMG rounds on every corner and shooting fast and straight at range.

If you've got the game, get the Plat, delete and move on. If you haven't got it, give CoD Classic a wide berth. It serves as proof that game franchises can improve over time, in spite of annual instalments that attract the ire of the gaming community. Give me CoD Advanced Warfare any day of the week - there's simply no going back to the "good old days" because those days are right here, right now.
    Congratulations buddy on the new platinum. Yeah, old school CoD paved the way for the really awesome shooting mechanics of the new CoDs. The more I play oldies, the more I realize how poorly some of these "good" games have aged. Heck, I'm playing AC: Rogue right now, AFTER having played AC Unity, and it feels like I'm playing with the retarded child of the family. Even though, the game is essentially the same as AC3, which was barely 2 years ago... Congratulations again! What's next?

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `Best Trophy Checklist (2014)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)

Currently Playing
    `Batman: Arkham Knight [95%]
    `AC: Syndicate [6%]
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by TerminalPhoenix View Post
    Congratulations buddy on the new platinum. Yeah, old school CoD paved the way for the really awesome shooting mechanics of the new CoDs. The more I play oldies, the more I realize how poorly some of these "good" games have aged. Heck, I'm playing AC: Rogue right now, AFTER having played AC Unity, and it feels like I'm playing with the retarded child of the family. Even though, the game is essentially the same as AC3, which was barely 2 years ago... Congratulations again! What's next?
    Thanks Term. I've met all of my annual goals, so I'm dedicating December to tidying up some games I neglected for no particular reason.

CoD World at War will likely be the next Plat, if I can get through grenade spam hell and into an online MP match that isn't hacked. Every time I go online, I come back to Solo and my missions have been wiped clean. I'm having to restore the save game from USB on every attempt

After that, Wolfenstein's a good candidate with only two trophies popped 4 years ago. Deus Ex, LA Noire, Crysis 2, Demon's Souls, Killzone 3 and BL The Presequel are there or thereabouts. Resistance 2 deserves better (2 trophies), even though I know the Plat is unattainable. And maybe a little Destiny.

A plat a month!

CoD World at War will likely be the next Plat, if I can get through grenade spam hell and into an online MP match that isn't hacked. Every time I go online, I come back to Solo and my missions have been wiped clean. I'm having to restore the save game from USB on every attempt
    Ugh... thats why gave up on WoW... my solo game got wiped everytime too.

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Thanks Term. I've met all of my annual goals, so I'm dedicating December to tidying up some games I neglected for no particular reason.

After that, Wolfenstein's a good candidate with only two trophies popped 4 years ago. Deus Ex, LA Noire, Crysis 2, Demon's Souls, Killzone 3 and BL The Presequel are there or thereabouts. Resistance 2 deserves better (2 trophies), even though I know the Plat is unattainable. And maybe a little Destiny.
    Nice! I have Deus Ex waiting to be cleaned up; I might go for that after AC Rogue - I'm craving for a bit of stealth. LA Noire is fantastic - although the platinum was lengthy because I was looking everywhere for the final car. Got it by pure fluke.

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `Best Trophy Checklist (2014)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)

Currently Playing
    `Batman: Arkham Knight [95%]
    `AC: Syndicate [6%]
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on the Call of Duty Classic platinum dude

PRO Member

Love the checklist my friend, very nicely done! Congrats on all your platinums as well, looks like an impressive list you have here!

Now Playing
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS3)
    Playstation All Star's Battle Royale (PS3)
    Far Cry 4 (PS4)
    Call of Duty: Black Ops III BETA (PS4)
    Persona 4 Golden (Vita)
    Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack! (Vita)

Thanks
    kid420247 for the Avy and Sig

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast