Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night...

This is a discussion on ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night... within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s After that, Wolfenstein's a good candidate with only two trophies popped 4 years ago. Deus Ex ...

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    After that, Wolfenstein's a good candidate with only two trophies popped 4 years ago. Deus Ex, LA Noire, Crysis 2, Demon's Souls, Killzone 3 and BL The Presequel are there or thereabouts. Resistance 2 deserves better (2 trophies), even though I know the Plat is unattainable. And maybe a little Destiny.
    I'd suggest starting with Deus Ex, since I think it's the shortest of the bunch. Might want to tackle Killzone 3 and Crysis 2 quick, too, before the MP is even less active.

As for Demon's Souls, if you ever play the NA version you know I can help .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

All out of bubblegum.....

Grats on newest plat. Been gone a while, good to see your list is still one of the tops, and being maintained. good luck on your backlog!
    Trade your Games HERE!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter

Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Might want to tackle Killzone 3 and Crysis 2 quick, too, before the MP is even less active..
    That's the concern Nag. I've got a lot of games with online MP that I haven't even touched yet.

In the end, I'm never gonna pop all trophies, so I need to be comfortable with missing some Plats due to inactive or offline servers. Otherwise I'll be in permanent 'legacy game mode' and miss out on newer titles. Not an ideal outcome, but shit happens...

As long as I get my overall completion around 75%, I'll be happy. I'm sitting at 52-ish% and it's still a long road to travel, but I am getting there. It's up 20% on two years ago, so things are heading in the right direction.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Dragon's Dogma! Lazy... just kidding. You getting Bloodborne too next year?
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Banned

Congrats for latest plats and CoD Classic plat!

Lvl 6 - Silver

You have a good checklist, well constructed. I approve =3. A pretty good variety of games to go along with it as well

Awesome Sig by TheGeneral09
    My Awesome Checklist

illegal in 9 countries

I haven't bothered with trophies for the last week or two and have focused on having a bit of fun instead.

Garden Warfare
    is scratching my urge to kill nubcakes in a big way and the old dog's teaching the mewlings a thing or two.

I've just started using the Camo Ranger and he's a bit good if your aim is straight. Not much fun for everyone else as I'm popping their melons, but it's working for me...

There's no "one-hit one-kill" nonsense at play (except for the Rocket Launcher which misses far more than it hits), you need to land a good 7-10 shots for a vanquish on a full-health opponent. It took me a few hours to get my eye in and my KDR is closer to 25 the last couple of nights.

For a rare treat, the Garden Warfare servers are rock-solid on my dodgy internet connection, which is probably why I'm so enamoured with the game - it helps when you're not insta-killed thanks to 700+ms lag. Normally I'm too lagged out to be competitive (I'm looking at you Crysis 2 - EU servers? Seriously? I'm on the other side of the planet!), but I seem to be routed through Japan more often than not in GW, so it's pretty responsive.

Getting big killstreaks is largely dependent on both your team and your opposition being equally well-matched. If one team overpowers the other, there aren't the bodies available to reap. I'll be happy if I can push it to 50-0, then maybe get back to dinging shinies.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 01-11-2015 at 11:39 PM.

illegal in 9 countries

After a solid 100 hours of PvZ Garden Warfare, I've finally managed to unlock all sub-classes for my son to play with, so I'm off to greener pastures and back to dinging trophies.

Destiny got the nod a couple of days ago and to be honest, the game surprised me...in a good way. There's been an equal amount of praise and criticism levelled at the game, so I wasn't quite sure which camp I'd fall into. So far, I'm all aboard the hype train and thoroughly enjoying the gameplay. It feels like a cross between Mass Effect and Borderlands - both are games I could play for an eternity.

I'm off to a pretty solid start soloing the campaign -

My first death hit just before Level 12 in the room containing the three Witches at the end of Chamber of Night. The third wave surprised me by flooding down the stairs that I was using to fall-back and I ended up rushing headlong into a horde of Thrall .

I was hoping to go through the campaign untouched, but shit happens. If you're a stats geek, Destiny stores a wealth of information and the friend leaderboards are a nice touch. The iOS companion app is a work of art and easily the biggest & best game tie-in produced to date.

As I've said many times, I'm a mouse and keyboard gamer and use the Xim4 as an adaptor on PS3, PS4, XB1 and 360, swapping between the four consoles using an IOGEAR 4-port USB switch. The Xim works beautifully with my new Razer Ouroboros (the sensors are pure bliss) and it allows for pixel-perfect head-plucking - I think I'm averaging 65+% Precision shots overall. Some console games don't translate well to m / kb, but Destiny feels near-perfect. I'd prefer to disable auto-aim as it's pretty sticky and gets annoying when attempting to switch targets, but that's small potatoes.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 01-20-2015 at 12:04 AM.

Banned

I saw you played Destiny lol. Well, that game is not so good.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryAbel210 View Post
    I saw you played Destiny lol. Well, that game is not so good.
    I'm digging it so far Abel. I like Shooter / RPG hybrids and Destiny manages to balance the two very well. I'm yet to get into Strikes, Raids or PvP, but think I'll be able to hold my own once I level up.

Kiwi Defender

I'm digging it so far Abel. I like Shooter / RPG hybrids and Destiny manages to balance the two very well. I'm yet to get into Strikes, Raids or PvP, but think I'll be able to hold my own once I level up.
    Yeah, don't even try to play PVP until you're lvl 30, otherwise you'll get pulverized.

I for one haven't tried it yet, but Rubi's opinion of it makes me want to - eventually. Don't think it'll surprise me much, given the beta didn't interest me like I hoped it would, but I still expect a relatively solid game.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Banned

Strike is fun but Raids and PvP are not great. Sometimes PvP has horribly glitches for kill the player with one shot by melee and weapons. Raid is very hard, you can't join with any random players for Raid because Raid required you and your PSN friends or your party members.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Yeah, don't even try to play PVP until you're lvl 30, otherwise you'll get pulverized.

I for one haven't tried it yet, but Rubi's opinion of it makes me want to - eventually. Don't think it'll surprise me much, given the beta didn't interest me like I hoped it would, but I still expect a relatively solid game.
    The beta didn't tickle my pickle either and I'm not a Halo fan, so I went in with low expectations. I tend to judge a game on its overall 'feel' more than visuals, story, level design etc and Destiny just feels right. It's definitely a solid if not spectacular product and it'll prove to be good value for money.

If you want to play a truly awful game, give Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark a bash. The gameplay feels like Terminator Salvation, so it's not in good company. My son wants to crack skulls as Grimlock (the T-Rex Dinobot), otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. To make matters worse, Grimlock is only in the second-last level and it's going to be a ball-ache to stay interested long enough to see through the campaign.

Strike is fun but Raids and PvP are not great. Sometimes PvP has horribly glitches for kill the player with one shot by melee and weapons. Raid is very hard, you can't join with any random players for Raid because Raid required you and your PSN friends or your party members.
    Thanks for the heads-up Abel. I'm expecting a tonne of cheese in PvP and for Raids to be challenging. I'll hook up with some Aussie boys to tackle the Raids, though I'm sure I'll be the weak link until I wrap my head around the levels.

Kiwi Defender

The beta didn't tickle my pickle either and I'm not a Halo fan, so I went in with low expectations. I tend to judge a game on its overall 'feel' more than visuals, story, level design etc and Destiny just feels right.

If you want to play a truly awful game, give Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark a bash. The gameplay feels like Terminator Salvation, so it's not in good company. My son wants to crack skulls as Grimlock (the T-Rex Dinobot), otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. To make matters worse, Grimlock is only in the second-last level and it's going to be a ball-ache to stay interested long enough to see through the campaign.
    Good to know. Means I'll probably have a blast with it - at least until I get the plat and forget it ever got expansions .

And no thanks. I'd rather play the PS2 Transformers game, which was amazingly solid and relatively good, much to my surprise way back .

Toggle Spoiler

illegal in 9 countries

Destiny...hmm...what can I say.

The single-player campaign is pretty good, though Easy difficulty means just that. I've died once in the entire SP game at the hands of the enemy. My only other death was falling off a cliff . So that's 2000+ for me, 1 for the AI. Something's a bit wrong there.

Now the SP campaign has come to an end, so has my excitement. I can sum up the post-game in one word - GGGGRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNDDDDD. Fuck me...the progression system to ingratiate yourself with the different factions is a massive ball-ache. Here's 10 points of the 2000 you'll need to reach the next level for your 15 minutes of effort...Wha?!? Multiply that by 5 or 6 different factions, each with multiple different levels to grind before you can buy a single fucking gun and it adds up to "You're my bitch for the next 6 months!" just to get some half-decent gear.

In complete contrast to the ease of PvE, PvP is a meat-grinder. Trying to compete in any sort of PvP against a bunch of geared-up Level 32s comes down wholly and solely to grinding your balls off for 200 hours to get better guns and armour to pwn plain-vanilla Level 20 noobs like me.

Not to mention, "he who has the best ping wins" and my connection is never what the game considers "Good". I'm constantly sitting on 1 bar of 4, so I am being eaten alive by those with faster connections and quadruple my offense & defense. There's no incentive to play PvP just to get the better gear you need to play PvP when you're getting your head blown off before you even see your foe. It's like taking a spoon to a gun fight and getting a bazooka rammed up your arse.

That leaves higher-end PvE like Strikes and Raids, which do hold certain appeal. But you need to grind low-level PvE and all types of PvP to get the gear you need to start the more rewarding Strike and Raids, let alone complete them without getting your arse handed to you. I could live with that if there wasn't so...much...fucking...grind.

So yeah...I've kinda jumped the fence and am now sitting around the "Destiny is overhyped" campfire. The game looks great. The controls feel great. The MMO stuff seems great...on the surface. It's the monumental grind that kills it dead in the water as soon as you hit the post-game.

All Bungie needs to do to fix Destiny is increase the rewards you get for the grind. I know they've plugged it as an MMO, but that doesn't mean it should come with all of the baggage we hate in MMOs. Speed things along to improve the sense of progression and I'll play the game for 100 hours before moving onto something else, occasionally coming back for a Raid or Strike just for fun. But Destiny grabs you by the balls, makes you play on a daily basis and won't let you go until you've invested multiple times that for little reward. I don't like being a slave to a game when I have hundreds more waiting on the shelf.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 01-29-2015 at 07:35 PM.

Banned

All Bungie needs to do to fix Destiny is increase the rewards you get for the grind. I know they've plugged it as an MMO, but that doesn't mean it should come with all of the baggage we hate in MMOs. Speed things along to improve the sense of progression and I'll play the game for 100 hours before moving onto something else, occasionally coming back for a Raid or Strike just for fun. But Destiny grabs you by the balls, makes you play on a daily basis and won't let you go until you've invested multiple times that for little reward. I don't like being a slave to a game when I have hundreds more waiting on the shelf.
    Well, I will tell you what I thought about Bungie, Bungie is worst game creator like they made Halo series for multiplayer that the gamers were frustrating and complaining with that, like you saw what happened of them on the videos at YouTube. There are many things which I really don't like, character's armors look like homemade junkyard costumes as crap, weapons are similar as Borderlands game, credits limited, struggled with Raid and I got kicked out twice by my PSN friends' dumbass friends without complete the Raid and unable to revive any players, glitches in PvP, wasting the time for searching the PSN friends or party members for Raid and Nightfall, the ships look terrible, and everything which they are not so good. You know that game had nominated and winner awards, my question is, "Is it real or the game programmers made it up?

illegal in 9 countries

There are many things which I really don't like, character's armors look like homemade junkyard costumes as crap, weapons are similar as Borderlands game, credits limited
    <snip>
    the ships look terrible, and everything which they are not so good.
    That stuff doesn't bother me. Humanity is supposed to be on the brink of extinction and resources are hard to come by. So the junkyard, post-apocalyptic, beat-up, mashed-together gear doesn't bother me. It fits the game design.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

After getting the Destiny platinum myself a month or two ago, I can certainly agree with anti's sentiment that the post-game is all one BIG grind. Though, it is not so bad once you have a clan or friends to play with daily for the bounties, strikes and raids, etc. But yes, if you want to get the platinum, you will have to devote quite some time to the grind; however, compared to the present state of Destiny, in the past, it was easier to get all the weapons and level up your subclass faster for the trophies before Bungie patched in things to change the dynamics of the game drastically.

And even then, once you get past all the grind, you still have the Flawless Raider trophy to deal with, which will require more time still. PVP actually is balanced, as long as you do not play in the Iron Banner mode, since non-Iron Banner PVP modes equalize your stats with your opponents REGARDLESS of what level you are, including health and weapon stats. Iron Banner is the only PVP mode that is dictated by level; thus, you would be badly matched against a level 32 if you are more than 2 levels below them.
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    PVP actually is balanced, as long as you do not play in the Iron Banner mode, since non-Iron Banner PVP modes equalize your stats with your opponents REGARDLESS of what level you are, including health and weapon stats. Iron Banner is the only PVP mode that is dictated by level; thus, you would be badly matched against a level 32 if you are more than 2 levels below them.
    I imagine weapon and class upgrades still apply, in which case, it's still unbalanced in bias of veteran players (who also have a map knowledge advantage). So things like healing when hitting a melee strike, homing grenades, greater accuracy, less recoil, more ammo, faster reload, better toughness, faster recovery etc are still unlocked for vets, but not for noobs. I haven't played enough PvP to be certain and haven't checked my class unlocks in PvP, but I think that's the case.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 01-30-2015 at 03:33 AM.

Kiwi Defender

You should've seen that coming. As you say, it's an MMO - and it never tried to deviate itself from them. Look at FFXIV: to get high-end gear after finishing the story, you must grind 'till your balls drop off - AND THAT'S JUST FOR ONE CLASS! Then the next update's out, and your superb gear is now below the newest one by a few digits and you've got to start all over again.

I'm not looking forward too much to that part whenever I renew my subscription alongside mesa to continue our MMO adventurez, but I'll probably do it nonetheless due to my autistic nature of wanting to get everything .

Toggle Spoiler

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast