Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night...

This is a discussion on ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night... within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Wow this checklist is looking amazing! Very unique and I love it all....

Ze Paradox Ninja Assassin

Wow this checklist is looking amazing! Very unique and I love it all.

95.37% Completion

Currently Playing

Sonic Unleashed
    Payday 2

Recently Finished

Call of Duty: Classic
    Crysis 3

Kiwi Defender

Shaping up nicely, ant1. Compeltely agree with Boderlands. It's such a fun game, that it is hard not to want to get the second one at release and get lost in time playing co-op.

I'm also surprised you thought the voice-acting in FFXIII was terrible. Sure, it wasn't top notch like, say, Uncharted, but it was still good, even when counting Vanille's annoying as hell voice.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    ]I'm also surprised you thought the voice-acting in FFXIII was terrible. Sure, it wasn't top notch like, say, Uncharted, but it was still good, even when counting Vanille's annoying as hell voice.
    The voice acting grated on me like fingernails on a chalkboard.

Fang's Americanized, bunged-on, over-the-top, "She'll be roight mate!", "A deengo stowl moy baybee!" Ocker accent annoyed the piss and pickhandles out of me! It'd be like a Mexican voice actor portraying an American as Yosemite Sam or Cletus Spuckler (Simpsons hillbilly) and assuming that's how all Americans spoke. Honestly, it was so bad I was offended.

Vanille's voice was horrifying, but at least the accent was authentic! Everyone else was annoying but passable.

I guess the cheesy dialogue and weak story had a lot to do with it and it really tarnished my experience of the game.

If you're going to have Aussie accents in a game, get an Aussie to do it. No-one else gets it anywhere near right...

Change is mediocre

I like how the Nearly Done games have a clip on the paper where you explained. You definitely have on of the most creative checklists I have seen.

Can't wait to see more.

The One and Only

Your checklist is growing, and I just realized that it all being in one pic seems a little more convenient. Nicely done mate.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    The voice acting grated on me like fingernails on a chalkboard.

Fang's Americanized, bunged-on, over-the-top, "She'll be roight mate!", "A deengo stowl moy baybee!" Ocker accent annoyed the piss and pickhandles out of me! It'd be like a Mexican voice actor portraying an American as Yosemite Sam or Cletus Spuckler (Simpsons hillbilly) and assuming that's how all Americans spoke. Honestly, it was so bad I was offended.

Vanille's voice was horrifying, but at least the accent was authentic! Everyone else was annoying but passable.

I guess the cheesy dialogue and weak story had a lot to do with it and it really tarnished my experience of the game.

If you're going to have Aussie accents in a game, get an Aussie to do it. No-one else gets it anywhere near right...
    Hahaha, fair enough. Although I'd rather not have Aussie accents in a game. I like to understand what characters are saying, afterall .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

Really awesome checklist you got here The style is very unique and you have some awesome plats

Sig by Bladia

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    Your checklist is growing, and I just realized that it all being in one pic seems a little more convenient. Nicely done mate.
    It's too difficult to bang it all into one image. Every edit would require a complete re-work and smaller images are easier on the bandwidth.

I'd do it all in CSS3 and @font-face if I could, but alas, it's not possible on a forum post without full HTML support.

I'll also be putting links on the photo images. You can't do that with a single image, unless using imagemaps which AFAIK are unsupported by BBCode.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Hahaha, fair enough. Although I'd rather not have Aussie accents in a game. I like to understand what characters are saying, afterall .
    Why I oughta...lol

Agreed. Aussies sound flat and lifeless compared to the richer American and UK accents. Good in person, not great in video games or on film.

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    Really awesome checklist you got here The style is very unique and you have some awesome plats
    Thanks Mr Veego. Not sure about the awesome plats bit (I'm a lazy, lazy gamer) but i'll take it

Lvl 9 - Gold

Wow has to be the best looking creative checklist I have seen.

Retired...

Wow, Very informative. Look foward to seeing grow even more but it's already amazing looking.

Signature made by dsluckay & PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

illegal in 9 countries

New Trophy...

Getting Your Money's Worth
    Complete Chains of Olympus on Hard

I don't know whether I love or hate the God of War series - playing them is more stressful than relaxing!

Although I find GoW games frustrating at times, there are only a few challenging battles on a Hard run. For me it's about learning the spawn and the enemy pattern on the first few attempts, then nutting out the win.

The first phase of Persephone (final boss battle) took a solid dozen attempts. The strategy ended up being pretty simple using the Gauntlet of Zeus -
    1. Parry -
    2. Double-jump incoming boulder -
    3. +
    4. Dodge ground attacks or double-jump second boulder
    5. Repeat

The next two phases were piss-easy in comparison - dodge the explosion and beams, the ball, run to Persephone, , run away...repeat until the sun shines.

Challenge to go, then

Change is mediocre

New Trophy...

Getting Your Money's Worth
    Complete Chains of Olympus on Hard

I don't know whether I love or hate the God of War series - playing them is more stressful than relaxing!

Realistically there are only a few challenging battles on a Hard run. It's about learning the enemy pattern on the first few attempts, then nutting out the win.

The first phase of Persephone (final boss battle) took a solid dozen attempts. The strategy ended up being pretty simple using the Gauntlet of Zeus -
    1. Parry -
    2. Double-jump incoming boulder -
    3. :li: +
    4. Dodge ground attacks or double-jump second boulder
    5. Repeat.

The next two phases were piss-easy in comparison - dodge the explosion and beams, :li: the ball, run to Persephone, , run away...repeat until the sun shines.
    Congrats, I had a hard time doing that on my PSP (I was bored at my Grandmas house, so I completed all of the challenges and beat it on the hardest difficulty). I remember Persephone was the only thing that gave me trouble, but it was damn hard.

Also, I started my Mass Effect 2 Insanity playthrough using a Sentinel, and I find it way easier than before. I have yet to die and I just got the Normandy, whereas before I died a lot in the Cerberus base, and the large Mech where you first find Tali. Thanks again for those tips.

Since Aug. 09

very nice checklist bud, very unique and cool.

Dominate!

illegal in 9 countries

Local Drunk

Congrats on platting GOW: Chains Of Olympus mate

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Congratulations on your new platinum! Will you be playing Dragon's Dogma sometime? My pawn is waiting to serve you! (Oh, and see you in Borderlands 2.)
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    Wow has to be the best looking creative checklist I have seen.
    Cheers Parker. I like to do my own thing rather than follow the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Smashguy View Post
    Wow, Very informative. Look foward to seeing grow even more but it's already amazing looking.
    Thanks smash. I envy that GT5 Plat...

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    Also, I started my Mass Effect 2 Insanity playthrough using a Sentinel, and I find it way easier than before. I have yet to die and I just got the Normandy, whereas before I died a lot in the Cerberus base, and the large Mech where you first find Tali. Thanks again for those tips.
    Glad to hear. Good luck on Insanity!

Quote Originally Posted by kiona05 View Post
    very nice checklist bud, very unique and cool.
    Thank you my good man

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Congrats on platting GOW: Chains Of Olympus mate
    Thanks Feral. How's your Mass Effect 2 Insanity playthrough going?

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    Congratulations on your new platinum! Will you be playing Dragon's Dogma sometime? My pawn is waiting to serve you! (Oh, and see you in Borderlands 2.)
    Yep, I'll be getting Dragon's Dogma. I've been waiting for the price to drop but it's holding steady. Same story for Skyrim. Borderlands 2 might be a day-one purchase...loved the first one.

I've played a lot of long games lately and figured I'd try to knock over some quick Plats while I wait. I might have a crack at finishing the God of War series. Only a couple of Trophies left for GoW I, playing Ghost of Sparta now, then onto God of War III.
    I must be a sucker for punishment.

Local Drunk

Thanks Feral. How's your Mass Effect 2 Insanity playthrough going?
    You're welcome mate I'm hopeless lol so to help me remember the game I'm playing it though again while keeping my Insanity run sitting on the side.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

PRO Member

This is among my all-time favorite CLs! Wow You've really done a nice job with this. I love the uniqueness of the layout and your custom graphics. The "report card" format is really working nicely.

Your efforts here have almost made me want to update my LC, lol.

Nicely done, sir

Player Hater

Congrats on Chains of Olympus. In my opinion, it was the weakest of the series, but still a great game. I see you're playing Ghost of Sparta now... I really enjoyed that one, so hope you have fun with it!

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast