Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night...

This is a discussion on ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night... within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Your list is looking awesome as normal mate Congrats on 30 mate as I just got mine recently as well. ...

Ice Cream Firefighter

Your list is looking awesome as normal mate Congrats on 30 mate as I just got mine recently as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aboelsas View Post
    Amazing Checlist so unique and beautiful i just have one question though why do u have 4 PS3 i understand that u love gaming we all do but what's the point of havin four consoles ??
    Because he can, YLOD spares, Has children that want to play something at the same time as Ant1, cheaper blu-ray player. Take your pick because all are probably true.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    Your list is looking awesome as normal mate Congrats on 30 mate as I just got mine recently as well.

Because he can, YLOD spares, Has children that want to play something at the same time as Ant1, cheaper blu-ray player. Take your pick because all are probably true.
    i can see but sorry about his latest ylod still the fact of 4 in one house is way too much but that doesn't matter anyways i've also noticed The Walking dead Plat Congrats m8 !!

Toggle Spoiler

For me trophies have become an integral part of gaming, like a stereo in a car. Is it really necessary? No. Is it a lot more fun with it though? Hell yeah!

quoted by Robinworldwide

-i- love myself.

Congrats on the new ! Good luck with XCOM!

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Aboelsas View Post
    Amazing Checlist so unique and beautiful i just have one question though why do u have 4 PS3 i understand that u love gaming we all do but what's the point of havin four consoles ??
    4 HDTV's, 4 PS3s, 3 rooms...makes sense.

Two of them are used as cheap Blu-Ray / streaming media centres. The third is for my desktop gaming - I use a mouse & keyboard for some PS3 games. The fourth is for my kids to play.

At night, my wife watches streaming video or PlayTV recordings on one PS3 while I game on another at the desk in the home office / den.

The PS3 in the bedroom sees little use, but it's there for the same reason - PlayTV and streaming video.

The PS3 in the loungeroom is for my kids to play and for when guests want to play Buzz, Rock Band, SingStar etc.

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    Bingo. All of those reasons.

I have roughly 600 PS3 games and it was speculated that the PS4 would not be backwards compatible. Having spares means I don't have to worry about being unable to play them in 10 years time - many of my games were purchased for my kids to play as they grow up. I dislike the new Superslim model - the 4th PS3 was purchased so I never need to buy one of them.

If the Omni (PS4's rumoured name) ends up supporting PS3 B/C via a hardware dongle, I'll only buy one, two at the most and pack away or sell a couple of the PS3s.

illegal in 9 countries

I found out tonight on Facebook that a good mate died, leaving a 6 week old son behind.

I don't know what happened but based on some of his recent posts, he was struggling as a new Dad and I'm concerned that he may have taken his own life. I tried to help with a few encouraging Wall posts, but in situations like this you can't help but feel you could have done more.

Many of us struggle with depression, myself included at times, but there's always an alternative. If you find yourself slipping down the depression spiral, talk to someone, get some help. We don't need 6 week old children growing up never knowing their father. Sad day.

> Restart Button <

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    I found out tonight on Facebook that a good mate died, leaving a 6 week old son behind.

I don't know what happened but based on some of his recent posts, he was struggling as a new Dad and I'm concerned that he may have taken his own life. I tried to help with a few encouraging Wall posts, but in situations like this you can't help but feel you could have done more.

Many of us struggle with depression, myself included at times, but there's always an alternative. If you find yourself slipping down the depression spiral, talk to someone, get some help. We don't need 6 week old children growing up never knowing their father. Sad day.
    That's terrible news. I hate to hear about this kind of thing. Its just sad. I've had a deppression issue and sometimes it can still get me but I don;t let myself go ALL the way down. I usually talk to someone if its extreme. I feel for that child. I hope the best for him.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

-i- love myself.

Wow, that's the most terrible news I've heard in a while. This is just terribly sad, look at what depression does to people -.- Hope the best for your friend's family especially the child.

Rest In Peace to your friend!

Kiwi Defender

My condolences to the man, specially since he was a good mate of yours, and thus deserves respect.

Why must you share this here, though? It totally murders the mood of your checklist .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

illegal in 9 countries

Just processing the info Nag...needed to share somewhere. Better here than a dedicated thread. It'll slip off the page soon enough.

In brighter news, X:COM DLC is out. $11.45 in Oz, $6.99 in the US. What the...?

I need to source games from the US again so I can buy the cheaper DLC. Any ideas? Amazon, Gamestop, Best Buy, NewEgg etc don't ship direct to Oz and US postal redirect (which I have) is too expensive for games.

Kiwi Defender

Just processing the info Nag...needed to share somewhere. Better here than a dedicated thread. It'll slip off the page soon enough.

In brighter news, X:COM DLC is out. $11.45 in Oz, $6.99 in the US. What the...?

I need to source games from the US again so I can buy the cheaper DLC. Any ideas? Amazon, Gamestop, Best Buy, NewEgg etc don't ship direct to Oz and US postal redirect (which I have) is too expensive for games.
    Fair enough; we all need to vent out sometimes.

Maybe try eBay? I only use Amazon out of the rest since I used to be right next to the border, but I think eBay ships everywhere. How much it'll cost is something I ignore, though.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

Awful news man and I'm really sorry to hear that. My condolences to his family and friends.

Hang in there.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

illegal in 9 countries

Dragged my sorry butt back into XCOM and popped the Classic Ironman, Classic, Lone Wolf and Wet Work trophies.
    Doing the latter two on Ironman was fun...No deaths recorded (only 3 dead for the entire Ironman run), so a good result all round. Taking 6 Psionics into the final mission didn't hurt either. I only had 13 soldiers in total, so that's a cracking strike rate.

All of the hard trophies are now out of the way. A comparatively relaxing cruise through Impossible, then a stroll through Easy and that Plat is mine.

Bit of a hot tip for XCOM players - don't wear Ghost Armor if you plan to use explosives on the only exit in the room. Ghost Armor can't traverse fire and fire doesn't dissipate over time, so I had to do the second last alien ship mission with a squad of 4 while my 2 Assault troops twiddled their thumbs at the spawn point.

That wouldn't be a problem except Ironman mode only gives you one Autosave file. Once you've performed a complete turn you're stuck with that save, no matter how badly you fucked up. Backing that save up to PS+ instead of restoring just prior to the mission didn't help my cause.

Kiwi Defender

Well, at least you're on easier waters now right ? Just think that in a few days, you'll get your 31st plat .

Toggle Spoiler

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Well, at least you're on easier waters now right ? Just think that in a few days, you'll get your 31st plat .
    With any luck I'll squeeze out another couple of Plats before the end of the year, or before my wife pumps out baby #3...whichever comes first.

PRO Member

Good luck with the XCOM

And huge huge congrats on baby #3 , the wife and I are trying for #2...I'll take trying over playing any day, although I seem to get plat's quicker than babies

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

PRO Member

Congrats on your 3rd child Ant1!

Good luck with XCOM, but it sounds like you got the hard stuff out of the way...I thought you were talking about you doing an Ironman competition for a second
    Last edited by daftprophet; 12-15-2012 at 05:07 PM.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Kiwi Defender

With any luck I'll squeeze out another couple of Plats before the end of the year, or before my wife pumps out baby #3...whichever comes first.
    Best of luck with that then .

Toggle Spoiler

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

God bless you! ^o^ Play Dragon's Dogma already; remember, my pawn is still waiting to serve you. >_<
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Congratz on reaching 30 platinums, you old bastard.

Other than X-Com, what's next for you?

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by User011010 View Post
    Good luck with the XCOM

And huge huge congrats on baby #3 , the wife and I are trying for #2...I'll take trying over playing any day, although I seem to get plat's quicker than babies
    Thanks my good man. Fertility is not a problem around here. Three attempts, three wins. We both come from long lines of big families, so it was never looking like a problem. We thought we lost this one a few months in so it was a huge surprise when we found out he or she managed to hang on :phew:

Good luck with your family plans, having kids is easily the best thing I've ever done.

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Congrats on your 3rd child Ant1!

Good luck with XCOM, but it sounds like you got the hard stuff out of the way...I thought you were talking about you doing an Ironman competition for a second
    Thanks prophet.

No ironman comps for me, i'm all fast-twitch muscle and can barely run 100m without collapsing in a ball of lactic acid. Endurance isn't everything...ever seen a fat sprinter?

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    God bless you! ^o^ Play Dragon's Dogma already; remember, my pawn is still waiting to serve you. >_<
    That'll be my first big game of 2013 Edo. I finally picked it up a month or so ago. I'll have to snag Bodi's pawns while I'm at it

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    Congratz on reaching 30 platinums, you old bastard.

Other than X-Com, what's next for you?
    Thanks furry. I keep taking on lengthy games of 100+ hours for a plat, so I'll try to mix in a short game or two in between. Maybe Counter-Strike GO is up next, then finish of Borderlands 2 and The Darkness 2.

What are you up to these days? You're a free man, at least until Uni course offers start rolling in.

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast