Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night...

This is a discussion on ant1th3s1s' things that go "ding!" in the night... within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Eh, nothing much. As you probably guessed I picked up a 360 and have been playing that. I've been clearing ...

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Eh, nothing much. As you probably guessed I picked up a 360 and have been playing that. I've been clearing up a massive backlog of games, watching too many TV series like Breaking Bad, started writing a sci-fi book, etc, etc.

Also, if you ever wanna get back into the good ol' days of boosting, let me know.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    Eh, nothing much. As you probably guessed I picked up a 360 and have been playing that. I've been clearing up a massive backlog of games, watching too many TV series like Breaking Bad, started writing a sci-fi book, etc, etc.

Also, if you ever wanna get back into the good ol' days of boosting, let me know.
    I'm pretty keen to knock over the Portal 2 co-op trophies. One more XCOM playthrough then I'm free as a bird.

In other news - checklist updated. A few plats have been added, along with new Happy Snaps and On the Bench sections.

Next up - I'll see if I can wrangle up some free time to photograph my PS3 accessory collection. It's a bit out there...

> Restart Button <

Very nice. Your checklist is looking great! I'm not suprised to see another player TWD.

Happy Holidays!

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

illegal in 9 countries

Don't you hate it when some dirty trophy-whoring hacker scumbag steals your thunder...

Legit

Hacked

XCOM Plat in 2.5 hours. Ah...no. It's a 50-100 hour game.

Same dude miraculously achieved 6 more near impossible Plats overnight. That 3 hour delay on the Plat timestamp sure makes you seem legit champ...chump.

Ban these fuckers already!

A plat a month!

I know what you mean. Although you gain nothing from beating xcom... other than a digital reminder that you did, it totally deflates that excited feeling that you had. In principal, I don't care what trophy hackers do, as it doesn't affect me, but I can relate to the ego swipe someone took at you.

> Restart Button <

Yeah, don't let it bother you. I just feel bad for people who think they're actually doing anything by hacking trophies.

Just move on and earn that sucka yourself and you can stand proud wearing your earned badge.

illegal in 9 countries

The #1 Leaderboard rank means nothing to me as I wasn't aiming for it and I've been beaten to the punch on other sites. Also, the XCOM DLC sucks donkey balls, so there's no real sense of achievement attached to the trophy.

I play for fun, not for status but it still sucks to have hackers blatantly piss on your picnic. Normally I wouldn't care, but lately the hackers have been targeting uber-rare games like Fight Night 4 and impossible Plats like End War. What purpose does it serve other than to piss off the folks who actually worked to get their trophies?

Filter them out so their work means nothing instead.

> Restart Button <

I mean that's what they want - for you to be pissed. It's really to piss on your parade. Just ignore their sillyness even though they popped in right in time to mess with your

illegal in 9 countries

It bothers me because part of the attraction of a trophy site is to compete on Leaderboards. Granted, it doesn't matter to some, but it does to others.

Take the Clean vs Dirty Leaderboards over at Sly's site for example. Something like 8 of the top 10 and 30 of the top 50 in the world are cheats.

Most of them should be dead easy to filter out with a few simple SQL queries.

In pseudo-code terms -

If timestamp between first trophy and Platinum = < 3 hours
    Then visibility:hidden
    Else game on whitelist array?
    visibility:display

That gets rid of 99% of hackers right off the bat. A reporting system would clean up the rest.

It's an oversimplification and there is some work involved, but it should be achievable for anyone with a working knowledge of SQL and PHP.

Gah...fuckballs. The moralist in me hates it when people cheat and get away with it
    </end rant>

In the grand scheme of life, I know it's meaningless, but it's still nice to be rewarded for your efforts and I feel warm and fuzzy knowing I'm somewhere near the top of my country's Leaderboard. I'm not the competitive type but I sometimes have secret races with my fellow Aussies and PS3T friends to the next rung up the ladder.

PRO Member

Believe me Ant1. I know even though it doesn't mean anything...it actually does. If it means something to you, then it's important. I can't stand the fact that there are hackers because regardless of trophies or not, they're not even enjoying the game at all. That's insanely pitiful and low in the barrel scum imo. Sly does a fantastic job removing a bunch of the hackers from his leaderboard using that method. That's fantastic and I wish all sites did that. So I know what you are feeling because there are just way too many of them nowadays and it's so ridiculous.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

PRO Member

Congrats on a legit x com platinum mate I salute thee.

All out of bubblegum.....

Man, I've been here for over 6 months and only just now viewing your CL... Awesome set up man! your gaming history is pretty epic. ing at your dad's job and your unlimited classic arcade/ping pong gaming. Another thing I'm jealouse about is the kids playing with you... my wife will NEVER go for that, as she already battles me on my gaming time... lol.
    Trade your Games HERE!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter

Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by drjackel666 View Post
    Congrats on a legit x com platinum mate I salute thee.
    Not quite there yet mate, I'm halfway through my fifth and final playthrough

Quote Originally Posted by SplatterScoggs View Post
    Another thing I'm jealouse about is the kids playing with you... my wife will NEVER go for that, as she already battles me on my gaming time... lol.
    My wife is a paediatric physiotherapist so she understands the fine motor control and hand-eye coordination benefits of gaming. A lot of surgeons are gamers, which in part contributed to their steady hands, so tell your wife your kids will become doctors and she'll get off your back

Negator

Let me know when you're ready to knock the dust off Demon's Souls.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Player Hater

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    It bothers me because part of the attraction of a trophy site is to compete on Leaderboards. Granted, it doesn't matter to some, but it does to others.

Take the Clean vs Dirty Leaderboards over at Sly's site for example. Something like 8 of the top 10 and 30 of the top 50 in the world are cheats.

Most of them should be dead easy to filter out with a few simple SQL queries.

In pseudo-code terms -

If timestamp between first trophy and Platinum = < 3 hours
    Then visibility:hidden
    Else game on whitelist array?
    visibility:display

That gets rid of 99% of hackers right off the bat. A reporting system would clean up the rest.

It's an oversimplification and there is some work involved, but it should be achievable for anyone with a working knowledge of SQL and PHP.

Gah...fuckballs. The moralist in me hates it when people cheat and get away with it
    </end rant>

In the grand scheme of life, I know it's meaningless, but it's still nice to be rewarded for your efforts and I feel warm and fuzzy knowing I'm somewhere near the top of my country's Leaderboard. I'm not the competitive type but I sometimes have secret races with my fellow Aussies and PS3T friends to the next rung up the ladder.
    I know how ya feel, mate. It's quite annoying knowing that there are classless, joyless fucks out there who think that pretending to do something is more satsfactory than actually doing it themselves. Silver spoon types. I'm proud of my achievements, being 100% legit, and so should you! There's a hell of a lot of pride to take out of doing things the right way and doing them yourself.
    I also have secret little races with people in Oz and always look for familiar faces from PS3T on the leaderboards when updating... Friendly competition always adds a little bit of extra fun to our endeavours. Keep up the good work, yo.

Lvl 7 - Gold

wow awesome checklist

PRO Member

Love your checklist mate, will be happy to boost with you as i have most of those games, here.... enjoy the Rep
    It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit....

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by abhinandhan22 View Post
    wow awesome checklist
    Quote Originally Posted by damage View Post
    Love your checklist mate, will be happy to boost with you as i have most of those games, here.... enjoy the Rep
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback

Don't forget to vote in the Checklist of the Year thread. There's plenty of good candidates in there

illegal in 9 countries

Quick update - added a suck-up section to the end of the CL.

If I've missed your name and you deserve to be on the list, send me a PM to last week when I gave a shit and stuff.

Just kidding...I'm sure I've missed a few, my memory ain't what she used to be.

Now if I can only pry the wife and kids outta the house long enough to take photos of my accessories, my checklist will be a giant leap closer to complete.

PRO Member

Thanks for posting in my thread. You should really get on that Blitz II plat. You can get that Bulldozer trophy. I have a quick description in my review of the method/play I used and I can give you tips on the injuries you're missing.

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast