Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Yoo_Hoo'z_Canned_Checklist

This is a discussion on Yoo_Hoo'z_Canned_Checklist within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Congrats on the sly 3 plat. I loved the first to sly games but didn't think much of 3. I ...

PRO Member

Congrats on the sly 3 plat. I loved the first to sly games but didn't think much of 3. I think they just tried cram to much into it and it took away from what I liked in the first 2.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Proud Greek Gamer

Great checklist mate,keep up the good work
    I agree on what you said about Feral
    Also,the Saints Row 3 description described the whole game for me!

Signature and Avatar made by the awesome TheGeneral09

Forget I Was Ever Here

Quote Originally Posted by bnecker717 View Post
    Congratulations!!!!!!!! Very nice job, now you will be ready for the new one next year! What's next on your list for plats?
    Hmm thanks friend! Umm ready for the one coming out next year I dunno about that. Maybe when it gets to $15.00 because honestly I don't think they are worth all that much to play in my opinion. Next of plats umm I don't know really I have a lot of games started I thought about going back to play and I have Dishonored here waiting to be played and I know thats a quick one so its a toss up.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Congrats on the Sly 3 plat

I got bored with the Sly series too, got half the way through 3 and just stopped playing. They are above average but I think playing all 3 one after the other took its toll.
    Thanks Dragon you have been banging out platinums yourself!! I will admit the first one I actually liked it was mostly all about sly and #2 was about playing all 3 of them and #3 was ridiculous with every1 you had to play I just didn't like it and I don't like going back and fourth to pick a new person to go to the mission kinda annoying to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Qurb View Post
    Lol! Glad you now know I'm not a creeper Haha, good luck with future 's!
    Thanks Qurb and best of luck to you as well

Quote Originally Posted by Smashguy View Post
    Congrats on the Sly 3 platinum. I really liked the Sly 1 more than other 2 Sly games so I'm not looking forward until a new Sly comes out.

Thanks Hasan Im in the same boat with you for liking #1 and not the others and I am not even paying any attention to the release of the one next year. As I told bnecker I don't really know whats next for me I have 2 weeks off and I plan to help out MUTE and USER with their games they need help on thats really all I'm focused on right now besides relaxation

What game is next for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebit10 View Post
    Congrats on the sly 3 plat. I loved the first to sly games but didn't think much of 3. I think they just tried cram to much into it and it took away from what I liked in the first 2.
    Thanks Snake! Yeah I agree they did add a lot more into Sly 3 some of it was better but most of it took away from the previous games. It really felt like it took me 30 hours to finish the game thats how dragged out it was.

Quote Originally Posted by w1n5t0n View Post
    Great checklist mate,keep up the good work
    I agree on what you said about Feral
    Also,the Saints Row 3 description described the whole game for me!
    Thank you buddy. I will try and keep up the good work its a busy time of the year and 4th quarter means a lot of new releases! Well I hope you real enjoyed Saints Row as much as me I actually might pick the up again with all the dlc and 100% just so i can go back to it with a purpose or goal of completing something

It is time for me to go underground

PRO Member

Great checklist! That is awesome that you used to be a sniper in the military So do you work at like a certain game studio or is making games something that you do independently on your own time??? By the way I really like the layout of your checklist. It is different from most people's which is always nice to see

Sig by Bladia

Forget I Was Ever Here

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    Great checklist! That is awesome that you used to be a sniper in the military So do you work at like a certain game studio or is making games something that you do independently on your own time??? By the way I really like the layout of your checklist. It is different from most people's which is always nice to see
    Thanks Matt for those kind words, I have changed my layout twice already and am about to again so it'll be different soon since I am on my first break of the year. Yeah I was a Sniper before I lost my hearing then they decided to force me into being a cook fucking dicks!!! Ever since then I been against the military sure I was not 100% capable of fulfilling my job but I could have stayed infantry at least.

I'm not working for a studio or anything right now I would love to be or even be an intern at one so I could learn much more, at the moment I am still in school to become a designer. I have a board game I made, a PC game that is fully functional just small and I have some levels I designed but other than that I write a lot of stories that I would love to pitch to become games..

> Restart Button <

Congrats on Sly even though you didn't end up enjoying it.

TheMute's Sony Scout Badges

Sweet signature and avatar created by stupot00 @ ~Deja Vu Sigs ~

Gamers Couples platbar by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

Congrats on the latest plat , sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy it, but whaddya expect with a game of that genre

You thinking you'll hit 69 plats by years end?

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

Forget I Was Ever Here

Quote Originally Posted by themute88orl View Post
    Congrats on Sly even though you didn't end up enjoying it.
    Thanks MUTE it's okay it's kinda like SONIC for me. BORING but I know you don't think the same but everyone has their own opinion. I normally start liking a game after I put more time into and get more out of it like I did with Fallout New Vegas and Dagon Age Origins but this one never clicked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by User011010 View Post
    Congrats on the latest plat , sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy it, but whaddya expect with a game of that genre

You thinking you'll hit 69 plats by years end?
    Thank you kind sir what an easy game just seems long as heck. And again its okay if I didn't like it there are people out there that do I kinda grew out of this game before it hit PS3 so what the heck I bought it for the wife anyways.

Umm I know I could get more than 70 plats with having vacation if thats all I did but it won't be so we'll see. Im thinking ill deff have 69 though cause I already have 2 I am starting

The Deathly Rhythm

Congrats on getting the Sly plat, you're so close to 70
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Retired...

Dare not to closing this thread.

Signature made by dsluckay & PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

Chocobo Master

Am so jealous that you finished NHL 2K10. The Japanese version freezes every time I try to play an online game. Can't wait to see more
    Avy, Group Bar and Sig done by DaRe
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

Forget I Was Ever Here

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos06 View Post
    Congrats on getting the Sly plat, you're so close to 70
    Yuppers I am I was even going to surpass 70 by the end of the year but I got out of the funk and just been playing a lot of different games not earning any trophies. Thank you for stopping by and earn a platinum since your last one was in Aug

Quote Originally Posted by Smashguy View Post
    Dare not to closing this thread.
    We'll see I just don't want deal with it or even see it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Hawk-chan View Post
    Am so jealous that you finished NHL 2K10. The Japanese version freezes every time I try to play an online game. Can't wait to see more
    ha is there anyway I could help boost even though its the Japenese version? that was a looooong platinum took hundreds of hours i believe and the online trophies nobody ever wanted to play.

PRO Member

Congrats on sly ..though it's a shame you didnt enjoy the game. I try to only plat games I'll like nowadays.

Chocobo Master

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper
    ha is there anyway I could help boost even though its the Japenese version? that was a looooong platinum took hundreds of hours i believe and the online trophies nobody ever wanted to play.
    I think I need a game invite from someone but I think that freezes as well. Most 2K JP version game before 2010 has issues with getting linked to the server. Thanks for the offer but I just gave up on it.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Come and Join Us!!!

illegal in 9 countries

Congrats on the 34 's this year Yoo Hoo and best of luck with the Game Designer qualifications.

I'm kinda jealous they didn't offer game industry degrees back when I was at Uni - we were stuck with shithouse banking programming languages like COBOL. :vomit: Suffice to say I dropped out of IT and got a job at a web design studio which was much closer to my passion, so I'm glad to hear you've found your's.

BTW, love the avatar, IMHO it's the best on the site

Forget I Was Ever Here

Quote Originally Posted by drjackel666 View Post
    Congrats on sly ..though it's a shame you didnt enjoy the game. I try to only plat games I'll like nowadays.
    Thank you drjackel very much! It is ashamed but it doesn't bother me, I only intend to play games I like but I've had a few games where I hated them at first like Fallout New Vegas, Dragon Age Origins, and BioShock but after enough hours into them I had a change of heart and loved them for their own reasons and I felt maybe anyone of these games in the franchise could have done it for me and I wanted to give it that chance but it didn't work out in the end so o'well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Hawk-chan View Post
    I think I need a game invite from someone but I think that freezes as well. Most 2K JP version game before 2010 has issues with getting linked to the server. Thanks for the offer but I just gave up on it.
    Nah don't give up! You only need 10 wins and I will surely be glad to sign on and send you an invite to get those wins not even a problem just hope the servers are still up at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Congrats on the 34 's this year Yoo Hoo and best of luck with the Game Designer qualifications.

I'm kinda jealous they didn't offer game industry degrees back when I was at Uni - we were stuck with shithouse banking programming languages like COBOL. :vomit: Suffice to say I dropped out of IT and got a job at a web design studio which was much closer to my passion, so I'm glad to hear you've found your's.

BTW, love the avatar, IMHO it's the best on the site
    Hey ant1th3s1s thanks for stopping by outta the blue! You pointed out I earned 34 plats this year and my lord I didn't realize I did play a lot but I thought I played even more last year. I did beat a lot of easy ones thought enjoyable but easy. Gaming degrees are still kind of new to this generation and when I think about it I get confused because it seems like such a small window to collect on with the studios closing and minimizing team sizes is going to be hard to get the foot in.

Your a web designer? Or just work at a studio? Thats sick to me honestly what is it you actually do because I'd love to hear all about it and maybe learn a thing or two if you wouldn't mind.

I love that AVY too I didn't make it though! bnecker717 came up with the idea and Smashguy put it together and I was icky enough to have this sweet looking item!

Chocobo Master

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper
    Nah don't give up! You only need 10 wins and I will surely be glad to sign on and send you an invite to get those wins not even a problem just hope the servers are still up at this time.
    That's up to you. I just need to get back into that hockey mode again
    Come and Join Us!!!

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Congrats on your recent trophy progress mate. And sorry you didn't enjoy Sly. I actually thought it was the best one lol. Best of luck with your endeavours my friend and all the best for the holidays, stay safe man

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    Gaming degrees are still kind of new to this generation and when I think about it I get confused because it seems like such a small window to collect on with the studios closing and minimizing team sizes is going to be hard to get the foot in.
    There's always going to be jobs in every industry. You can start out in iOS or Android development and make your way up, or like many young developers, you could make a mint out of one app very quickly and retire from the rat race. A lot of mobile stuff is powered by HTML5 these days, so there's a skill crossover with the web industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    Your a web designer? Or just work at a studio? Thats sick to me honestly what is it you actually do because I'd love to hear all about it and maybe learn a thing or two if you wouldn't mind.
    I'm a web producer and run my own "virtual" studio, which is a fancy way of saying I get to work from home and play with my kids all day . I'm the guy who meets with clients, writes specifications documents, designs the user experience, sets budgets, manages the project and performs quality assurance etc. I employ a number of freelance designers, developers, photographers and writers to do the actual work, which frees me up to take on more projects concurrently. Everything business-side falls on my shoulders while my guys do their thing without the hassle of dealing with clients.

Though my background is front-end coding & design, I was not particularly good at either of them, so I quickly fell into a project and production management role for a web design studio way back when, before going on to perform similar roles at a number of advertising agencies. I struck out on my own about 11 years ago now and haven't looked back.

I think the biggest thing to learn is you don't need to be good at everything to succeed. Pick one thing you're great at and stick with it. I'm ok at everything but have never really excelled at any one skill, which in my view leads to mediocrity. The guys I employ are all great at what they do but suck at everything else and I'm pretty good at overseeing the operation and pulling it all together.

Anyway...enjoy what you're doing and you'll never work a day in your life. I'm sure you'll find your niche, we all do and there are plenty of jobs out there for those who are good enough. The rest of us pay others to do the work for us

Synthwave <3

I just felt like stopping by and saying "hi" (oh and spamming up your thread). lol Any word yet on your trophy guides?

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast