Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

mjglover's trophy checklist

This is a discussion on mjglover's trophy checklist within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Location: USA Obtained PS3: Dec 25, 2009 First game: Beatles: Rock Band A fan of: RPGs, Strategy, Platformers Not a ...

PRO Member

mjglover's trophy checklist

Obtained PS3: Dec 25, 2009
    First game: Beatles: Rock Band
    A fan of: RPGs, Strategy, Platformers
    Not a fan of: FPS
    Favorite PS3 game: 3D Dot Game Heroes
    Favorite all-time game: Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne (PC)

Currently working on: Final Fantasy X HD

In the queue: Final Fantasy X-2 HD, Mirror's Edge, Lightning Returns, Game of Thrones

Potential future purchases: Okami HD, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5, LittleBigPlanet 3

Games I probably won't ever plat: Beatles: Rock Band (64%) || James Bond 007: Bloodstone (95%) || MLB 11: The Show (0%)

Done except for co-op: Portal 2 (52%), PlayStation Move Heroes (91%)

Put aside for now: Gran Turismo 5 (11%), Lego Rock Band (8%), , Rocksmith (78%), Rocksmith 2014 (7%)

Completed PSN / non-plats: Back to the Future Ep 1 || ibb & obb || Journey || Frogger Returns || HamsterBall || Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves || SuperStardust HD || The Unfinished Swan

-- Timeline --

* Note: I made the rating system a little different here. Unless they're gifts, I only get games after a huge amount of research, so I have generally liked all the games I've played. So a 3 or 5 does not mean I didn't like the game; it just means it wasn't as good as another I've played.

1. Final Fantasy XIII (9/20/2010) - My first plat, and the primary reason I got a PS3. I completed two perfect games on FFXII and was looking forward to this one. I didn't mind the linearity as much as many others, but the first few chapters were a bit slow. The paradigm shift battle system was well-done. I have actually done this plat twice - the other time was on a separate account in prep for FFXIII-2.

Approximate time to plat: 105 hours
    Rating: 6/10.
    Difficulty: 6/10.

2. 3D Dot Game Heroes (11/4/2010) - I got this game after reading extensive reviews on Amazon, and it was fantastic. Quirky, funny, and takes you back to the charm of old NES and SNES games. Interesting bosses, inside jokes, and lots of side-quests (all fetch-based) that encourage exploration. Oh, and you literally "book" monsters in your bestiary by whacking them with a giant tome. Pick this one up.

Approximate time to plat: 80 hours
    Rating: 9.5/10.
    Difficulty: 8/10.

3. Sports Champions (1/20/2011) - I got the PS Move bundle at Christmas 2010, and I was definitely pleased with this game. A lot like Wii Sports, but more accurate and with more realistic movements. My favorite was and still is the gladiator but all the sports are worth playing. Now if only they would make more PS Move games...

Approximate time to plat: 50 hours
    Rating: 7/10.
    Difficulty 7/10.

4. Sly 1 (2/13/2011) - I had never played Sly on PS2 so when I saw an opportunity to get all 3 (with trophies) for pretty cheap, I went for it. It also advertised Move support, though that's just for the minigames. They're pretty well done but it's just a few arcade-games without much replayability.

Approximate time to plat: 35 hours
    Rating: 4/10.
    Difficulty: 3/10.

5. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters (6/21/2011) - This was a gift, and I was not very good at the Move aspect, so I mostly just played with a controller. Fairly easy but the plat requirements made it a bit tedious. This game has an online component but it's not really necessary to boost. The graphics were a big improvement over previous editions and I think the caddie recommendation system was a huge plus.

Approximate time to plat: 90 hours
    Rating: 2/10.
    Difficulty: 5/10.

6. Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (7/26/2011) - The only R&C game I've ever played. It was fun and a pretty easy plat. There was a lot of weapon variety, and the challenge mode weapon upgrades were neat too. I appreciated that you get an item at the end of the game that tells you where the collectibles are - why can't every game do this? The tiny worlds where you complete puzzles or navigate a maze were probably my favorite part.

Approximate time to plat: 35 hours

7. LittleBigPlanet (9/2/2011) - My cousin loaned this to me when I first got my PS3, and when we had the PSN outage in 2011 I picked it up as one of my free games. So that would make it my longest start-to-finish plat by far. It's a very good game, although the online system makes it difficult to pick up some of those trophies. It was this game that drove me to find ps3trophies.com so I could boost author hearts. I purchased both DLCs and completed them. Worth it IMO.

Approximate time to plat: 90 hours
    Rating: 9/10.
    Difficulty: 9/10.

8. LittleBigPlanet2 (11/13/2011) - My cousin loaned me this one too, although I still have it. Maybe we should just call it a gift at this point. The level design was not quite as good as the first, but the new features, esp grappling hook, made up for it. Purchased the Move DLC, and man is it tough to 100%. I did it, though. Thanks to those here on the forums for helping me get the 50 plays trophy.

Approximate time to plat: 70 hours
    Rating: 9/10.
    Difficulty: 8/10.

9. Sly 2 (12/5/2011) - Went back to Sly at this point, as I was running out of unplayed games I could plat. I thought this was a little better than the 1st, since you can play as multiple characters and it was a bit harder. It didn't emphasize sneaking around quite as much as the first, though.

Approximate time to plat: 25 hours
    Rating: 5/10.
    Difficulty: 4/10.

10. Sly 3 (1/6/2012) - On to Sly 3, and I think it was between Sly 1 & 2 in terms of how much I enjoyed it. This was the only plat in the collection that required "100% completion" by doing all the minigames & sidequests, some of which were time trials. The part where you get gold by fighting pirate ships was pretty fun.

Rating: 5/10.
    Difficulty: 4/10.

11. Rayman Origins (1/21/2012) - This was one of the fastest plats I've gotten. Very good platformer, and the final level is extremely tough. I probably tried it 40 times before I finally got it. One of the few remaining gems with couch co-op instead of online MP, and I made sure to take advantage of it.

Approximate time to plat: 55 hours
    Rating: 8/10.
    Difficulty: 7/10.

12. WipEout HD (7/20/2012) - This was one of my free games from the PSN outage, and I never thought I would get the plat because it is SO HARD! But thanks to some help here on the forums, a lot of patience, and consistent effort, I finally got it. I also completed the Fury DLC. Even though they're all bronze trophies, it's tough.

Approximate time to plat: 100 hours
    Difficulty: 10/10.

13. Medieval Moves (8/1/2012) - Made by the same company that brought us Sports Champions, this expands the skills you learned in archery and gladiator into a rail-car fighting game. The collectibles were difficult to find, so I ended up playing many of the levels over and over. Because it's not a very popular game, online forums don't help very much with the locations.

Approximate time to plat: 50 hours
    Difficulty: 7/10.

14. de Blob 2 (8/22/2012) - The original de Blob is only available on the Wii (I don't have one), but there's no need for background story here. Fun music, good platforming, and lots of collectibles. It also encourages environmental responsibility. What's not to like? Make sure to use a guide to save some time.

15. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (10/30/2012) - I feel like this is one of the few games out there where the platinum only scratches the surface. I logged 65 hours, but I haven't purchased any of the DLC battles, didn't get all the available weapons, and didn't even do much monster leveling or infusion as it wasn't necessary. Will I come back to it at some point? Really not sure, as there are a lot of other games to play. Neat concept though and I am looking forward to Lightning Returns.

Approximate time to plat: 65 hours
    Rating: 7/10.
    Difficulty: 5/10.

16. inFAMOUS (12/8/2012) - Another free game from the PSN outage, this one took me a year and a half to decide to play. I don't really like to play shooters that much, although they can be fun once I get into them. This one was pretty good and had a lot of nice variety. I took it really slow my first playthrough because I was worried I would miss out on getting stunts and XP, but it turns out there was no need.

Approximate time to plat: 65 hours
    Rating: 6.5/10.

17. ModNation Racers (2/21/2013) - I received this game about a year and a half ago, and never really thought I would plat it. The amount of boosting required is insane. I have been boosting nonstop for the past month and a half. Did the Big City Tour DLC but not the others because I didn't like the tracks as much. Overall, fun game, but a very long plat.

Approximate time to plat: 200 hours
    Rating: 8.5/10.
    Difficulty: 9/10.

18. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (3/5/2013) - I played my fair share of N64's Super Smash Bros. and this is largely similar. I do actually like the Supers mechanic because it means you won't die just from accidentally jumping off the course. Game was pretty easy and would have been more fun if I had some people to play it with. I never won a game in online except when the opponents disconnected in a 2v2, instantly netting me the two hardest trophies.

Approximate time to plat: 16 hours
    Rating: 6.5/10.

19. Sports Champions 2 (3/23/2013) - This edition added 5 new games, plus expanded archery (one of my favorites from the first). It was probably a little easier than the first one, but some bosses, especially tennis, were still pretty tough. I didn't really have anyone to play this with but it also seems like there are more options if you want to have a PS Move party. The controls for some of the new games are slightly less realistic but it's still fun.

Approximate time to plat: 30 hours

20. Racquet Sports (4/11/2013) - A fairly fun (but long) game that includes tennis, badminton, squash, beach tennis, and table tennis. This is probably one of the most difficult Move titles out there. Since it was an early Move game, it isn't that good at registering your movements accurately, but you have to be very precise to get all the trophies. Requires careful movements with the right power and angles. Also has two online trophies with a completely dead online.

Rating: 4/10.
    Difficulty: 7.5/10
    Last edited by mjglover; 04-15-2016 at 12:11 AM.
    Currently working on: FFX HD

Platinums (28): 3D Dot Game Heroes, Borderlands, de Blob 2, FIFA 14, FF XIII, FF XIII-2, inFAMOUS, Jak 1, Jak 2, Jak 3, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Medieval Moves, ModNation Racers, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Racquet Sports, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sorcery, Sports Champions, Sports Champions 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 12: The Masters, Trine 2, WipEout HD

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

PRO Member

Simple and clean my friend. Good start and a very nice collection as well. Can't wait to see it expand!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

PRO Member

No gimmicks, no graphics...and straight to the point, I like

Good job on the platinums, I'm still working on LBP

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

PRO Member

Welcome to the world of CL keep up the hunt!

PRO Member

New plat:

Final Fantasy XIII-2: Master of Time

Platinums (28): 3D Dot Game Heroes, Borderlands, de Blob 2, FIFA 14, FF XIII, FF XIII-2, inFAMOUS, Jak 1, Jak 2, Jak 3, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Medieval Moves, ModNation Racers, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Racquet Sports, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sorcery, Sports Champions, Sports Champions 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 12: The Masters, Trine 2, WipEout HD

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

PRO Member

Hell yeah! Congrats on FFXIII-2 !

|
    |by Smashguy |

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by User011010 View Post
    No gimmicks, no graphics...and straight to the point, I like

Good job on the platinums, I'm still working on LBP
    If you want help with LBP, let me know... I just gave you two author hearts :-)

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

All out of bubblegum.....

Grats on newest plat! Like the easy CL.
    Trade your Games HERE!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter

Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Heavy Metal Rules!!!!!

Nice plat list & congrats on your new plat
    ****My Trophy Card****

Toggle Spoiler

Awesome Sig made by iGame
    Backblast's Platinum List

PRO Member

Added box cover/PSN art to make it a bit nicer...

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Congrats on the FF13 2 plat mate, well done. I'm currently playing this myself and it's just awesome so far. How long did it take you to plat?

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

PRO Member

Just about 65 hours (2 months), though I had to spend the last hour getting the 100 pre-emptive strike streak and riding a chocobo around. I did have a guide though so I didn't waste time looking for collectibles. On a second playthrough I could probably knock it down to 50-ish, so it's quite a bit shorter plat than FFXIII. A lot I didn't do though... no ultimate weapons, missing tons of adornments, didn't do any DLC coliseum fights... so you can invest as much time as you want to.

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

PRO Member

Gratz on FFXIII-2 , mj! It is much shorter than XIII but there is also a lot to do after getting the if you want. Great game IMO. Liking the new layout as well. Keep up the good work friend!

|
    |by Smashguy |

Quote Originally Posted by mjglover View Post
    Just about 65 hours (2 months), though I had to spend the last hour getting the 100 pre-emptive strike streak and riding a chocobo around. I did have a guide though so I didn't waste time looking for collectibles. On a second playthrough I could probably knock it down to 50-ish, so it's quite a bit shorter plat than FFXIII. A lot I didn't do though... no ultimate weapons, missing tons of adornments, didn't do any DLC coliseum fights... so you can invest as much time as you want to.
    Yeah I'm not looking forward to that 100 pre-emptive trophy, sounds like a right ball buster lol. I did spend about 120 hours on FF13 and as far as I'm concerned, it was time well spent

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Up the Irons!

Congrats on the new platinum. Great checklist/platinums!

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

PRO Member

John, if you don't get it naturally through the game, definitely wait until the end when you unlocked the encounter master fragment skill. Then head into the tidal shallows area of New Bodhum 003 AF (if you just want the trophy), or the clearwater marshes (rainy) section of Archylte Steppe (if you want to collect monster materials). The monsters hardly move so it should be easy. It will take about 40 min in New Bodhum, probably over an hour in Archylte Steppe.

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

Quote Originally Posted by mjglover View Post
    John, if you don't get it naturally through the game, definitely wait until the end when you unlocked the encounter master fragment skill. Then head into the tidal shallows area of New Bodhum 003 AF (if you just want the trophy), or the clearwater marshes (rainy) section of Archylte Steppe (if you want to collect monster materials). The monsters hardly move so it should be easy. It will take about 40 min in New Bodhum, probably over an hour in Archylte Steppe.
    Cool mate, thanks for the tips + Rep for you good sir

PRO Member

New plat added (#16: inFAMOUS). I don't have any games left in my queue (besides the hard-to-plat ones), so what should I do next?

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

PRO Member

Congrats on Infamous .maybe you should get the R&C HD collection.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Great checklist! hmm I'd say go with the R & C HD collection as well as I might take a crack at that myself soon. Any reason why you didn't finish 007 Bloodstone?
    Haven't updated anything on here since the site went down a year ago with the new servers so lost all my friends and post counts and everything looking to help and get help with games and trophies

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...checklist.html My Trophy checklist

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast