Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

The Usual Suspects 2: Keyser and the Checklist of Doom

This is a discussion on The Usual Suspects 2: Keyser and the Checklist of Doom within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Real Name: Chris Age: 27 Location: Adelaide, Australia Occupation: Telecommunications Industry Interests: Music, gaming, film, literature. About Me: I'm a ...

Player Hater

The Usual Suspects 2: Keyser and the Checklist of Doom

Interests: Music, gaming, film, literature.
    About Me: I'm a pretty chilled out guy. Have a beautiful partner with a 14 year old son. Most of my life is taken up by the daily grind, but I still have time to hang out with friends and play the odd game here and there. I have been a Sony fiend ever since the Playstation was released, and have probably played more games over the last 15 years than Hugh Hefner has had sleepovers.

Current Leaderboard Rank: 563
    Highest Leaderboard Rank: 80
    Lowest Leaderboard Rank: 4235

Listening Music For A Checklist

Press Play. Browse List. ??? Profit.
    Or you could download my DnB Smash Out Mix. Go on, double dare you. More mixes incoming.

Play A Game

Think you know your Video Game shit? Check out this themed, weekly Video Game Trivia Quiz. Can you climb to the top of the leaderboard? Click me to test your video game knowledge and find out.

Latest Plat

Bioshock: Infinite 100%
    Earned: 11:16am, July 13th, 2013
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 1 Week, 6 Days, 11 Hours
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Scavenger Hunt
    I was slightly disappointed by Bioshock: Infinite. Now, don't get me wrong... It's a GREAT game. Neverthless, I was disappointed. Maybe my expectations had been built up too much, maybe the first Bioshock was just TOO good, and nothing could have live up to it. I just know I felt a little let down, and in my mind it was because things became a little too convoluted, there was too much confusion, and too much thrown at me in a little space of time. It just didn't sit well. The world is brilliant. The gameplay is fantastic, so no complaints there. I believe the story could have been managed better, and perhaps a better job done on some of the technological aspects of the game. All in all, though, this is harsh criticism for a game that truly deserves to be played, so I urge you to play it yourself and make up your own mind about how you feel about Columbia and it's inhabitants.

Working On...

My 5 Rarest Platinums

NBA Jam (3.20% of players)

Red Dead: Redemption (5.79% of players)

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (6.20% of players)

Shaun White: Skateboarding (6.77% of players)

Just Cause 2 (7.14% of players)

My Favourite Trophies

Manifest Destiny
    Red Dead Redemption
    Kill the last buffalo in the Great Plains in Single Player.

Egg On Your Face
    Resident Evil 5
    Defeat a Majini with a rotten egg.

Irony
    Bioshock
    The player has taken a picture of Sander Cohen's corpse.

Gotta Break Em In
    Saints Row: The Third
    Complete 'The Ho Boat'

My Brother is an Italian Plumber
    Borderlands
    Kill an enemy plumber-style.

Psychotic Prankster
    Fallout 3
    Placed a grenade or mine while pickpocketing.

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooal!
    Tomb Raider: Legend
    Kick the soccer ball against the door of the church in Peru.

Worst Day Shift Manager Ever
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
    Kill 12 Stormtroopers as Vader in the Prologue.

One does not simply...
    LEGO The Lord of the Rings
    Walk into Mordor

Platinums

Afrika 100%
    Earned: 4:59pm February 11th, 2011
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 4 Months, 2 Weeks, 1 Day
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Complete Animal Encyclopaedia
    I really loved the idea of this game, Pokemon Snap with real animals pretty much. Wildlife and nature really interested me growing up, so it was definitely a pleasure playing this game the first time through. Unfortunately a YLOD and a couple of save-related issues meant I had to play this game almost three times through before I got the plat. After a couple of playthroughs, the constant travelling without the ability to skip really grated. If you want a nice, relaxing plat, than I do recommend this game highly, if not just for something different.

Alice: Madness Returns 100%
    Earned: 3:53am, April 14th, 2012
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 1 Month, 1 Week, 6 Days
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Neighslayer
    After finishing (and not being too impressed by the playability of) American McGee's Alice, I thought it would be interesting to see what the long-awaited sequel was like. I can confirm that it has definitely brought the strange and macabre atmosphere, a twisted version of Lewis Carroll's Wonderland, into this generation's gaming landscape. The combat and platforming has been much improved, and the art-style and atmosphere was creepily beautiful to behold. I had a good time with this game, even if the combat and enemies did start to get a bit too repetitive for my liking. There were some great little minigames thrown in as well that did help with the monotony. It was just a slight shame that the gameplay did not meet the lofty heights that the story and art direction had achieved.

Alone In The Dark: Inferno 100%
    Earned: 11:14am April 19th, 2010
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 2 Days, 19 Hours, 34 Minutes
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Handyman Carnby
    The gameplay concepts presented in this game were ambitious... perhaps too ambitious. This game was full of glitches and bugs, with one particular section in the game turning into an incomprehensible mix of static and pixels and the sudden disappearance of the ground beneath my feet. I really liked where this survival horror game tried to go, however, so I've rated it a bit higher than usual for effort.

Anarchy: Rush Hour 100%
    Earned: 6:51am, March 25th, 2012
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 2 Years, 2 Weeks, 2 Days
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: A Thousand Objectsx
    Now, I'm normally pretty generous with game scores. I love games, after all, and I think I have decent taste, so I tend to avoid the truly terrible ones for the most part. Not this time. That one-trophy review? Out of 10? Yeah, that's my legitimate feelings. This is what would have been released had the Burnout devs been replaced by monkeys, who then in turn had quit and left the programming to be completed by the fleas they themselves had left behind. Only problem being the fleas had died, which meant that the only living organisms around were the bacteria from the monkey faeces. Yes, if monkey-shit-dwelling bacteria released a driving game, this would be it. The cars handle like greased cows lying on their sides, some of them actually look like said cows, and the graphics and effects made me want to take a rusty screwdriver and stick it into my eyesockets, using the leverage to jimmy out my eyeballs, lest I shall have to stare at the screen one more time. Avoid like a bum with it's hand out.

Ashes 2009 100%
    Earned: 12:07am March 25th, 2011
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 1 Day, 7 Hours, 51 Minutes
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: ODI Champions
    For me, there hasn't been a decent cricket game since Brian Laras Cricket 96 on the Megadrive. This effort certainly didn't do anything to help me change my mind. Hitting 6's ball after ball became quite monotonous, although this game is a half-decent laugh playing with mates.

Assassins Creed II 100%
    Earned: 2:30pm February 23rd, 2011
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 1 Year, 4 Months, 1 Day
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: In Memory Of Petruccio
    I really liked the first Assassins Creed. Having said that, this game smashed it out and took it to another level. I avoided playing it for ages because I didn't like the setting. Renaissance Italy seemed like it would be boring. After playing for a couple of hours, though, Ezio had me hooked and this game elevated the Assassins Creed series from good to great.

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood 100%
    Earned: 12:37am April 17th, 2011
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 1 Month, 3 Weeks, 3 Days
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Astbergo Employee Of The Month
    More Ezio? I have to admit that Ubisoft Montreal have a funny way of turning my misgivings into pure glee. The improved combat system was awesome fun, as was the multiplayer. In fact, I have to say that the multiplayer of this game is my favourite of any game to date. I did miss Leonardo Da Vinci though, and not even the DLC could sate my appetite, such was his presence missed. If Assassins Creed sequels keep getting churned out at this quality, I will not be complaining.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations 100%
    Earned: 6:47am, February 2nd, 2012
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 2 Months, 3 Weeks, 1 Day
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Tax Evasion
    The Assassin's Creed series has nestled it's way into my heart as my favourite current-gen gaming series. Revelations is another fantastic effort from Ubisoft, and seeing Ezio grow as a character from AC2 through to the final scenes of this game was a joy to behold. Whilst I rate these games extremely highly, I can not give a perfect 10 to Revelations due to a few quibbles I have. The Den Defense minigame is... well, crap, to be honest and completely unnecessary. I did like Desmond's levels for their abstractness, but the gameplay of these didn't do much for me at all. What really moved me with this game, and the series in general, is the character of Ezio, his story and that of Altair and Desmond's melding into one massive sci-fi/medieval mindfuck. Bring on AC3, Ubi. I'll be waiting to see if this series can possibly get any better.

Bioshock 82%
    Earned: 4:29am May 3rd, 2011
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 1 Year, 10 Months, 3 Weeks
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: I Chose The Impossible
    It took me a goddam age to get around to playing this game, and I have to say that I was truly impressed. The setting and atmosphere of the game were superb, and playing through on Survivor felt like a legitimate challenge... for a while at least. A classic game that I'm proud to have played, let alone platted.

Bioshock: Infinite 100%
    Earned: 11:16am, July 13th, 2013
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 1 Week, 6 Days, 11 Hours
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Scavenger Hunt
    I was slightly disappointed by Bioshock: Infinite. Now, don't get me wrong... It's a GREAT game. Neverthless, I was disappointed. Maybe my expectations had been built up too much, maybe the first Bioshock was just TOO good, and nothing could have live up to it. I just know I felt a little let down, and in my mind it was because things became a little too convoluted, there was too much confusion, and too much thrown at me in a little space of time. It just didn't sit well. The world is brilliant. The gameplay is fantastic, so no complaints there. I believe the story could have been managed better, and perhaps a better job done on some of the technological aspects of the game. All in all, though, this is harsh criticism for a game that truly deserves to be played, so I urge you to play it yourself and make up your own mind about how you feel about Columbia and it's inhabitants.

Borderlands 100%
    Earned: 6:44pm, October 6th, 2011
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 2 Years, 1 Month, 1 Day
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Ding! Champion (or Big Tournament for DLC)
    This game was awesome. Mixing FPS gameplay with RPG elements made for one fun and exciting experience. It goes to show how much of an obsessive compulsive mind-frame us humans have when we check every single chest or locker hoping for a gun just a little bit better than the one we already have. This in a game which has literally millions of different possible weapon combinations. The DLC was fantastic too, with the exception of Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot. Why could we not level up in those tournaments, goddamit? One thing I am proud of is that I managed to complete the entire game and DLC off-line, with the exception of Crawmerax, the Gearbox viral trophy and the last 10 or so experience levels I needed for the 100%. It took quite a long time, but was quite a fun time. Bring on Borderlands 2!

Borderlands 2 71%
    Earned: 3:29am, December 22nd, 2012
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 1 Months, 3 Weeks, 5 Days
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Challenge Accepted
    Borderlands 2 is fucking fun, plain and simple. Definitely up there with a few others vying for Game of the Year. It doesn't expand a whole lot on the first Borderlands: there are no changes to the mechanics, no added modes, it really is more of the same. In this case, that's not a bad thing, More in Borderlands 2 means more addictive as hell loot and weapons, more enemies and strategies to implement, more fantastic characters, more action, and last, but not least... more fucking fun. The random nature of a few of the challenges (Jimmy fuckin' Jenkins, I'm looking at you) riled me but apart from that, I can only recommend this prime example of a game that just deserves to be loved.

Burnout: Paradise 96%
    Earned: 9:04pm April 20th, 2011
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 10 Months, 3 Weeks, 4 Days
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: 8 Players meet it the Wildcat's Baseball Stadium
    My favourite racing game, still to this day. Sure, it is more arcadey than most, but the handling system is so good at making driving feel fun and exciting. I fell in love with this game as soon as I loaded it up and the DLC support has been tremendous. The online community is still going strong, which speaks volumes of how much fun it is. My favourite trophy was 8 Players In Wildcat Stadium, simply because I managed to convince 7 other random players in a lobby over my headset, without any communication back, to meet up and help me get that shiny little virtual trinket. Good times.

Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2010 100%
    Earned: 4:37am November 22nd, 2010
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 1 Month, 1 Week, 2 Days
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Ultimate Tracker
    Whilst I'm all down for loading cash into a coin-op safari shooter at the pub when I'm smashed, the home experience just didn't really do it for me. Maybe it's the faux-FPS conceit that sees you tracking animals and hunting them from afar that wore thin quickly, or maybe it was just the plain averageness of the graphics, the gameplay, the 'story'. Maybe it was the fact I wasn't drunk when I played this. I just didn't like it as much as I wanted to.

Cabela's Outddor Adventures 100%
    Earned: 4:19am, May 13th, 2012
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 15 Hours, 15 Minutes, 18 Seconds
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Opportunistic Hunter
    Not a great game, this one. Having just returned jet-lagged from a flight from New York, straight into a trophy competition, I decided to put one of my purchases to good use. I immediately regretted my purchase and was actually surprised with how intolerable this game was to begin with. I had played Cabela before, and most likely will again, but I really thought this to be the worst of the bunch to date. After a few hours, the experience did seem better, I'm sure it was probably my brain readjusting it's tolerance for shite, enabling me to plat this game. It is a good thing that it was over and done with fairly quickly. To be honest though, it did grow on me a bit, no matter how badly it controlled and looked.

Cabela's Survival: Shadows of Katai 100%
    Earned: 9:43pm, May 4th, 2013
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 6 Days, 12 Hours, 53 Minutes
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Gold All The Way
    Well, what can I say? Cabela games aren't known for their outstanding quality when it comes to their games, but this one has destroyed them. What were they thinking? Take away anything remotely interesting from the previous titles in the series and replace it with a horrible third-person 'mountain-climbing' simulation with horde-style battles, and you are left with what I believe to be the worst game on PS3. Everything in this game disgusted me... but what does this say about me as a human being? I finished it to completion! Avoid this game at all costs, unless you like sub-PS2 visuals, horribly clunky controls, terrible shooting mechanics and a horrible story. The only half-bearable sequences were the shooting galleries, and they aren't even part of the main game. Cabela, I've lost what little faith I had in your 'hunting' games now... This series needs a change in developers.

Captain America: Super Soldier 100%
    Earned: 5:47pm, January 14th, 2012
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 3 Days, 9 Hours, 43 Minutes
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: He Hates These Cans!
    Another film tie-in, another average effort in my opinion. Right from the beginning, you can tell that this title is desperately trying to mimic Rocksteady's Batman: Arkham series, and whilst there are flashes of gameplay reminiscent, it doesn't come close. Character models look great in certain cut-scenes, but then you catch a glimpse of Madame Hydra and want to tear your eyeballs out with your bare hands. Combat is reminiscent of the Batman series mentioned as well as the Assassins Creed games, but the rest of the gameplay is painful and repetitive. It wasn't a terrible game to plat, but not worthy of any recommendation whatsoever due to it's bland nature and lack of variety.

Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 100%
    Earned: 2:52am June 23rd, 2010
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 1 Day, 3 Hours, 37 Minutes
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Dishin' Out!
    If I was a bit younger, this may have got a higher rating, because it's really not that bad of a game and some of the game mechanics, such as switching up your food 'weapons', are a pretty cool way of keeping the action fresh for the young ones. But lets face it, just like the rest of the 'kid's' games on my list I played this for quick and easy trophies during trophy competition time, and the gameplay would be just too basic to hold my attention outside of those parameters. 15 years ago I would have been all over this game, though.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive100%
    Earned: 3:24am, August 26th, 2012
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 2 Days, 18 Hours, 35 Minutes
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Make The Cut
    COD fanboys need not apply. It's depressing reading some comments about this game... "SUX!!! YOU CANT EVAN AIMZ!!!" etc. Goes to show how pampered this generation of gamers has become. Counter-Strike: GO is all about skill, baby. Optimally played with mouse and keyboard, the gameplay is still addictive as shit with a controller (my method of play). It invites that dangerous 'Just one more round...' mentality that keeps you coming back for more. Simplicity sometimes is best. This is a game I could still play online after all the trophies have been earned. I just don't like my luck going up against folk with access to a mouse and keyboard combo. If you like shooters, but hate what COD has done to the genre, jump on this bandwagon, yo. Just don't blame me when you can't put it down.

Crysis 100%
    Earned: 6:09am, February 20th, 2012
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 4 Months, 3 Weeks, 4 Days
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Cool In A Crysis
    Have I expressed my love for HD rereleases before? Oh golly, I have indeed. Many a time. Crysis is not so much a 'HD' upgrade as a port of an older PC game to our wonderful platform. And shit, does it hold up well. I loved this game, it felt far more realistic playing through on Delta difficulty than most over modern military shooters I've played... and this is a game I spent 80% of my time cloaking in. I'm extremely grateful I got the chance to play this game on PS3, I never thought I'd get the chance to partake in a game that PC players have been bragging about for ages. Well, fuck you mouse and keyboard. I like m Dual Shock just fine, thanks. The graphics are on par with most current releases these days. Crytek did a fantastic job on this and I can't wait to play the sequel.

CSI: Fatal Conspiracy 100%
    Earned: 3:51am January 26th, 2011
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 19 Hours, 37 Minutes, 15 Seconds
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: No Stone Unturned
    I had high hopes for this game, as it was done by one of my favourite developers, Telltale Games, but what can I say... This game was truly terrible. There wasn't a single department of the game production that made me impressed whilst playing it, but the worst part for me had to be the badly crafted character models and the appallingly wooden animation. I couldn't wait for this game to be over, which is somewhat made worse by the fact it made the 5 or 6 hours it took to complete stretch into what seemed like an eternity.

Dante's Inferno 84%
    Earned: 10.10pm, November 4th, 2011
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 1 Year, 9 Months, 2 Weeks
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Dark Relics
    I first played this game ages ago, and had really enjoyed it at the time. As I knuckled down for the plat recently, I wondered... am I still going to enjoy it almost 2 years on, or is it going to show it's wear and tear as an obvious God Of War clone. What do you know? I still enjoyed it! Yes, it's gameplay almost mirrors that exactly of GOW and it does get a tiny bit repetitive, but overall I thought this game was quite cool. The art style in certain set-pieces really stood out and I can remember thinking the first time I played this, it would have been what the Hades section in the first God Of War game would have looked like as a whole new game on PS3 hardware. That's nothing to be ashamed of in my opinion.

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut 100%
    Earned: 8:43am, June 21st, 2013
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 1 Week, 4 Days, 3 Hours
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Top Collector
    Deadly Premonition is not for everyone. I was intrigued by how polarising this game seemed to be. Reviews either loved or hated the game, with no in between. I really wanted to experience it for myself so I could make up my own mind. I have to admit, I was won over by Swery's effort. What it lacks in, quite frankly, almost broken gameplay and a poor visual experience, it mor than makes up for with charm, humour and genuine emotion. Think Twin Peaks on the PS2, and you're almost there. If you can't look past a fairly shoddy control system and a less-than flattering sheen, don't bother playing this game, because you will hate it. If you can forgive the rough exterior, however, Deadly Premonition is an experience like no other on consoles at the moment.

Dead Space 100%
    Earned: 5:22am, April 7th, 2012
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 2 Years, 5 Months, 3 Weeks
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Maxed Out
    This game is brilliant. Let me say this first off. Yes, it is hardly 'original', but it takes the best things from some of my favourite games and even improves in a lot of areas. Imagine if Resident Evil 5 was scary and set in space, and you pretty much have this game's style locked down. I played through it 3 times in total and was still crapping myself the third time. The weapons, space-suits and visual effects are oh, so cool and the enemies are truly horrific. I can not recommend this game highly enough. When I first played this game almost two and a half years ago, I was enthralled. To this day, I still am. Bring on Dead Space 2!

Dead To Rights: Retribution84%
    Earned: 12:21pm, July 24th, 2012
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 1 Week, 2 Days, 4 Hours
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Medal of valor
    DTR: Retribution tried so fucking hard. It's storyline was so serious, so earnest, it begged to be taken seriously. You could tell a lot of cash got pumped into this game to try and make it more than it is. Alas, Dead To Rights can not proclaim to overcome mediocrity. It comes across as too serious for it's own good. There isn't really much canine action, aside from a few quick stealth sections. The gameplay is as generic as it gets for the most part. Don't get me wrong, this isn't a terrible game. It's not a great one either. If you are expecting little before you throw this in your PS3, you won't be disappointed. I wonder if I'm the only one who thought the weaponised takedown slow-mo sequences were gratuitous and over-the-top? Jack is supposed to be a good cop, yet we witness him time and time again taking great pleasure in penetrating his unfortunate enemies with multiple slugs to the cranium, ramming a shotgun into their face at full force before pulling the trigger and sometimes snapping their neck no less than three times! Slate, you can only kill a man once!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 100%
    Earned: 12.39am, January 7th, 2012
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 2 Months, 1 Day, 19 Hours
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Thu'um Master
    Skyrim is my proudest platinum to date. I realise it is not hard in the purest sense of the word, but I literally almost gave my life to this game, playing it for 2 months non-stop outside of work and family, without a thought for the trophies involved. It is that great a game. In total I spent almost 350 hours inside this game world, and enjoyed almost every second of it. This is coming from a self-confessed RPG-hater, but the Elder Scrolls series has turned my perception upside-down in this regard. I was quite upset coming to the Platinum of this game, because I knew that once gained I would never look upon it quite the same... until Bethesda releases some DLC, that is. And no, I ain't asking for fucking horse armour. I heard that Bethesda were looking at releasing a patch for PS3 that fixes ALL lag-issues... but then they took an arrow in the knee. Ba doom tish.

Far Cry 3 100%
    Earned: 5:35am, December 25th, 2012
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 3 Weeks, 4 Days, 20 Hours
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Archaelogy 101
    Far Cry takes the honour of being 2012's Game of the Year for me. It's funny, because there are parts of the game that really disappointed me. I thought the multiplayer was not worth the time, and found the story to be rather average, with characters I really didn't care about. What really set this game apart for me was the environment and the freedom in how you could 'take over' the island. When taking Outposts, I loved stalking the area, marking all the pirates and stealthily skulking through, taking them out one-by-one from the shadows and long grass. It just felt so right. Plus, you have all the side-missions and activities, my favourite of which was hunting the varied wild-life. Oh my god... the animals! I almost shat my pants on multiple occasions when being taken by a shark or an alligator in it's jaws! The closest comparision I can think of is that Far Cry 3 is like an FPS version of Just Cause 2, minus the jets but plus animals.If you are sitting on the fence with this one, don't delay any longer. Get into Far Cry 3 and have yourself an awesome time.

Fritz Chess 100%
    Earned: 8:23pm, May 19th, 2012
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 18 Hours, 56 Minutes, 9 Seconds
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Chess Addict
    Very easy plat, this one. Obtained for the current trophy competition, it's definitely not going down in legend as my most prized and treasured platinum trophy. It is, however, an accurate representation of the gentleman's sport of chess. Not much more you can say about it, really. There's puzzle modes to spice things up and even a campaign of sorts, but if you just straight up love chess, you're the targeted customer for this game. If you don't, you'll probably never wish to play it. Props where props are due, for chess enthusiasts this will be of value to you when wishing to engage in a game against an AI opponent, or even brushing up on historical matches and strategies. For me, though, all I wanted was a battle or combat chess mode, with gruesome animations for capturing of pieces. This was not included, much to my dismay.

The Godfather 2 100%
    Earned: 9:37am November 11th, 2010
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 3 Days, 16 Hours, 33 Minutes
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Executions In Style
    I didn't think this game would really amount to much, but I was very surprised. An open world cross between Mafia 2 and the GTA series with some squad levelling mechanics thrown in, I thought this game was very fun and, given how easy the platinum was, a very enjoyable experience. Sure, it ain't going to win any prizes for innovation or technological achievement, but it was a good blast.

God Of War 100%
    Earned: 11:55am July 27th, 2010
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 8 Months, 1 Week, 1 Day
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: I'll Take The Physical Challenge
    I remember playing God Of War when it first came out and it blew my mind. The same thing happened when I found out they were rereleasing the first two games on PS3 in HD with trophy support. FUCK YES. With exclusives like the God Of War series, I have never been tempted to wander from Sony over to the Green side. Games like these are epic fun, plain and simple, and if HD rereleases of games of this quality keep coming out then I will just keep buying them.

God Of War II 100%
    Earned: 8:39am August 3rd, 2010
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 4 Months, 3 Weeks, 6 Days
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Bleeding Thumbs
    How could the first game possibly be improved upon? By delivering pretty much the same formula, except bigger and better. I avoided this sequel for a while, because I was busy playing the PS3 when it was released soon after. But I couldn't hold out for long and used the backwards compatibility on my Phat to play through this epic PS2 swansong before long. Kratos didn't disappoint this time around, that much is for damn sure.

God Of War III 100%
    Earned: 4:01am August 11th, 2010
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 4 Months, 2 Weeks, 2 Days
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Unhuman
    Kratos meets the PS3. There was bound to be carnage, and I found this third home console iteration from our favourite Spartan to be the perfect showpiece to have playing when mates come around. It really was an epic game in the God Of War mould and was more of the same Kratos action I have adored since he first appeared. Delivered more than even God Of War II had given, which is no small task.

God Of War: Chains Of Olympus 100%
    Earned: 10:25am, July 10th, 2012
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 2 Days, 15 Hours, 15 Minutes
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Getting Your Money's Worth
    Everyone probably already knows of my love for HD rereleases, and my prayers have yet again been answered with the two PSP God of War games being rereleased with a HD sheen and trophies for PS3 players. What a fuckin' boon. Chains of Olympus ain't the best game I have ever played, and it is probably the weaker of the God of War's in my opinion, but it is still a great game. Handling Kratos' blades is as fun as ever, as is meeting more characters of Greek mythology lining up to get slaughtered by the angry one. Only Ghost of Sparta left for me to platinum before I have all the God Of War trophies... until Ascension that is.

God Of War: Ghost of Sparta 100%
    Earned: 11:36pm, July 14th, 2012
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 1 Days, 4 Hours, 19 Minutes
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Zeus May Cry
    Wow. Before playing Chains Of Olympus a few days ago, I hadn't played a God of War game in over a year. I had a good time with Chains. It was fun enough. I felt slightly disappointed for some reason, though, felt like it didn't have the spectacle I remembered from the other GOW games I'd loved. Now I know why I felt this way... Because I've now played Ghost of Sparta and the rush came back. Chains was boring compared to this entry. Ghost of Sparta really threw the ancient Greek texts at you with a full-frontal no-holds-barred GOW experience. Even the storyline was outstanding, bringing Kratos' brother into the mix after subtle hints with the rest of the series. Now I have all the GOW plats and I'm sad because after Ghost of Sparta, I have had my love of Kratos' murderous ways invigorated once more, but nothing left to play... until Ascension!

Ice Age: Dawn Of The Dinosaurs 100%
    Earned: 4:17am April 21st, 2010
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 18 Hours, 34 Minutes, 37 Seconds
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Rescue Yoko/Shelly/Egbert
    Another trophy competition plat. Pretty decent, for a kid's game anyway. The timed challenges were frustrating enough though, especially the rolling ones. Not much more I can say about it, wasn't much of a challenge, but once again would have been a great game to play when I first started to get into gaming.

inFamous 100%
    Earned: 12:45am May 18th, 2011
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 2 Years, 2 Weeks, 3 Days
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Rockhound
    Another fantastic Sony exclusive. I really loved this game, but it took me a long time to get the plat because after I finished it the first time through, I put other games first. I was mostly procrastinating to get out of doing the Rockhound trophy, but as you can see I have finally bitten the bullet. I love the superhero with a twist storyline and the different types of electrical powers Cole gained access to. The only thing I thought could've been improved was the actual climbing. It felt a little hit and miss at times. I was really disappointed they switched voice actors for Cole in the new inFamous game, dude sounds like a cockgobbler.

inFAMOUS 2100%
    Earned: 2:11pm, August 5th, 2012
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 1 Week, 3 Days, 19 Hours
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
    For some strange reason, I held out playing inFAMOUS 2 for a while... It certainly wasn't for want of playing a good game, I knew it would be great. I think I just didn't want the inFAMOUS experience to be over just yet. I loved the first game, thought it was an awesome take on the superhero genre, and a Sony exclusive to boot? Yes please! The sequel ups the ante in almost every way.. more characters (although Nix is horrible, to be honest and I still hate the new Cole), more powers, better visuals and a more involving story. It was a pure pleasure to play. I thought the Evil ending was the better out of the two endings available, out of interest's sake. The inFAMOUS series is one of those reasons that I am so happy to be a Sony fanboy. Keep on pumping out exclusives like this and the other side can keep it's Halos and COD DLC.

International Cricket 2010 100%
    Earned: 3:05pm November 7th, 2010
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 3 Days, 7 Hours, 15 Minutes
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: 20 Overs Super League Champion
    Much the same as Ashes 2009, this game. There was an improved camera system, however. It was brought much closer to the batters and bowlers to give more of an 'in-the-game' feel that 2009 lacked. Think of it as similar to how the camera is in Fifa's Be A Pro mode. This game was still an average slogfest, regardless.

Jurassic: The Hunted 100%
    Earned: 11:02am, March 17th, 2012
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 1 Week, 6 Days, 13 Hours
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Nuck Chorris Rex
    This game, by all intents and purposes, should have been amazing. Modern day weapons, jurassic age enemies and an FPS to boot. I couldn't have asked for a better premise. Unfortunately, the gameplay did not live up to the expectations of the concept. Gunplay felt awkward and the guns had no real weight to them, the graphics were hardly what one would consider current gen, and the missions had no variety, basically repeating themselves over the course of the campaign. I wish this game was better, for I fucking love dinosaurs, but I'm sorry to say that only a small amount of mindless fun can be had with it before weariness sets in. It would cut the mustard as a low budget PS2 title, but unfortunately that just isn't enough to satisfy in this current gaming environment. Stone age.

Just Cause 2 100%
    Earned: 8:04pm July 6th, 2010
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 3 Months, 1 Day, 16 Hours
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Perfectionist
    This game is fucking awesome. If you like fun, if you like explosions, if you like driving, flying, boating or parachuting than you must play this game. Sure, the plat was somewhat of a grind, but there aren't many games that have given me the same sense of exhilaration as I had screaming under bridges in a Jet Fighter and basejumping off a party blimp in this crazy, crazy game. The voice acting is laughable, the AI is terrible, but the sheer amount of fun awaiting you in the Panauan Islands more than makes up for any of the games faults. I took acid with a mate and played this game with him all night. Best gaming experience of 2010.

Kung Fu Panda 2 100%
    Earned: 1:31am, May 26th, 2012
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 16 Hours, 10 Minutes, 25 Seconds
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Ridiculously Awesome
    This game was trash. A stereotypical low-effort family licensed tie-in. The combat in the game was awful and repetitive. The graphics were terrible. There was no diversity in the gameplay at any stage. It was a quick plat, nutted out for a trophy competition, but it was by no means painless. Stay away if you have somewhat decent taste in games.

LA Noire 100%
    Earned: 6:27am June 10th, 2011
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 3 Weeks, 3 Days, 1 Hour
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Auto Fanatic
    This game was truly great, but it still managed to let me down in a few areas. I realise that combat wasn't the main focus of this particular title, but it still felt clunky and unwieldy. Something that really annoyed me was the way you would be chatting with, say, a grieving widow and questioning her, thinking that she may be able to give you just a little bit more information, so you begin prodding her with a doubt and all of a sudden super-cop Phelps would throw down and yell "ADMIT IT, YOU WHORE! YOU KILLED HIM! DIDN'T YOU?" Not exactly what I was aiming for there. If it wasn't for these faults I would have rated LA Noire a 10, as it truly is an experience like none other at the moment. Definitely worth a purchase, Rockstar have again made the rest of the gaming industry look second-rate.

LEGO The Lord of the Rings 100%
    Earned: 7:51pm, April 5th, 2013
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 1 Week, 5 Days, 11 Hours
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: There and Back Again
    I'm a big fan of Lord of the Rings, the books, the films, and now the LEGO-branded videogame. It was exquisite fun, playing through this cheekily irreverant game. It brought back so many great memories from watching the films, and of course, there is that specific brand of humour that Traveller's Tales are now renowned for (Boromir's death scene being a quite bananas example of this). This also extended to the trophy list, and has inspired me to add one to my all-time list of 'favourite trophies'. Whilst the game sticks to the LEGO formula we have all come to expect quite closely, it was filled with more than enough charm and fan tribute to make this worth the journey. It has certainly inspired me to watch the films again... there goes another 12 hours from my life!

Madagascar Karts 100%
    Earned: 5:35am, January 8th, 2012
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 9 Hours, 1 Minute, 6 Seconds
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: 200CC Master
    I love kart games. I really do. From Mario Kart to Wacky Wheels to Speed Freaks to Crash Tag Team Racing to Mod Nation Racers, I just think they're awesome fun. Madagascar Karts has left a sour taste in my mouth, however. I found the driving and drifting mechanics to be quite poor and to me the races were more a matter of luck as opposed to skill. What really did my fucking head in, however, is the absolutely ludicrous AI behaviour on the higher CC Championships. I honestly can not remember getting so angry playing a game in a long, long time. THIS GAME FUCKING CHEATS. I actually scared my missus with the amount of colourful four-lettered words I threw about playing this 'kid's' game. I don't get upset by losing a game fairly, but I'm sorry to say that losing a race due to pure scullduggery and scumbaggery on behalf of AI-controlled CHEATING really pisses me off. It might take a while before I play a karting game again. Thank you, Madagascar Karts, for ruining my fond memories of the genre.

Mafia II 86%
    Earned: 5:26am September 22nd, 2010
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 1 Week, 2 Days, 2 Hours
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Card Sharp
    I really enjoyed this game and was captivated by the story. I thought it was done really well, and Joe Barbero was an awesome character. It was pretty linear, but I really saw no problem with that, because the story was what I played it for anyway. There were one or two difficult sections playing through on Hard, but the Wanted posters were the most annoying part of this plat, especially the one which forced you to drive full-speed of a raised highway and crash into a pole situated on top of a building without dying. Seriously, who's going to be taking note of that poster up there?

Megamind 100%
    Earned: 6:41am January 17th, 2011
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 2 Hours, 27 Minutes, 15 Seconds
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Tightanic Battle
    The easiest platinum I have, and besides Hannah Montanah, probably the easiest platinum out there. I didn't really think much of this, even as a kids game it doesn't offer much to hold the attention. Lucky it's so short, then... Once again, achieved in competition mode, it was accomplished in less than 2 and a half hours real time. Not the most impressive of platinums, I'm sure most will agree.

Midway Arcade Origins 100%
    Earned: 5:06am, April 7th, 2013
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 2 Week, 1 Day, 3 Hours
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Reality Show-Off
    This collection was awesome fun. There are some real classics contained within, and playing through the list of games certainly brought back some cherished memories. What it also reminded me of, was how difficult games used to be. They were designed to chew through your coin and spit you out the other side until you were broke or exhausted. Smash TV's Reality Show-Off was definitely the hardest trophy of the list, although Sinistar was also a challenge. Kids today... don't complain about your games being hard... I promise you they are a piece of piss compared to 90% of the games in this collection. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed this trip down memory lane. If you are a fan of retro, you don't want to pass this collection up.

Monopoly Streets 100%
    Earned: 8:36am January 1st, 2011
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 6 Days, 41 Minutes, 16 Seconds
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Rolled A 15
    It's a little sad to think that I was playing this when the new year had just begun. Next year's Resolution will be to make sure that if I'm playing a game on the first day of the year, it will be a decent one. The actual game of Monopoly ain't so bad, but let's face it... it's a video game of a board game. The voice chat functionality was a bit off and wouldn't work in some modes, which really sucked, because the best time I had playing this game was online against my good friend MJ Scorpio.

Motorstorm: RC 100%
    Earned: 5:12pm, July 7th, 2012
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 3 Months, 3 Week, 2 Days
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: RC Champion
    Motorstorm: RC has done to the Motorstorm series what Burnout: Crash did to the Burnout series... it is classified as an addition to the Motorstorm universe whilst containing almost none of the same basic gameplay elements Motorstorm is known for. In this case, it certainly isn't a bad thing. 'Real' vehicles and destinations have been replaced by Remote Controlled stand-ins and the camera becomes one of a top-down view throughout the various events, giving the gameplay a decidedly Micro Machines feel. I really liked this idea, it reminded me a lot of old-school isometric rally games that I used to thrash and enjoy also. Some of the medal and time requirements on RC pushed me close to my limits. There were several points whilst playing this and attempting to plat that I felt like throwing my controller against the wall, but after gritting my teeth I was able to push through and nail some of the times I needed. A really enjoyable game.

NBA Jam 100%
    Earned: 1.07am, November 1st, 2011
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 1 Year, 4 Days, 18 Hours
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: NBA Domination
    NBA Jam has been one of my favourite arcade games since it was released. I loved the cartoony style and insane dunks, nevermind the fact it was originally released when NBA was in it's heyday. Playing this brought back some great memories and was a tonne of fun, especially paired up against a human opponent of similar skill. The platinum was an absolutely grind, however, taking over 80 hours to achieve, and I hated the rubber-banding, cheating AI. Anyone with this plat will tell you what a chore this plat was, especially playing through Campaign mode six times to earn NBA Domination. My favourite aspect of this game were the Hidden characters, the likes of Karl Malone, Manute Bol, Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen and my personal favourite, #17 Chris Mullin. Add to this the Beastie Boys in a team and you have a game that my 14 year old self would have killed to have gotten his hands on back in the day.

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 96%
    Earned: 8:26am January 10th, 2011
    From Play To Plat (Realtime)9 Months, 3 Weeks, 5 Days
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: True Blue
    I first heard that this Need For Speed would be returning to it's cops'n'robbers style roots. Excellent news, I thought. I then heard it was being developed by Criterion. Even better news, I thought. I certainly wasn't disappointed with my favourite NFS game since the original I thrashed on an ancient PC. The Autolog feature was implemented superbly, and the handling was suitably arcadey. This game didn't reach the lofty heights of my favourite arcade racer, Burnout: Paradise, but it certainly rejuvinated the Need For Speed series and was a fun plat to boot.

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD 100%
    Earned: 8:59pm, June 30th, 2012
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 6 Months, 1 Week, 1 Day
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Mo Moolah
    Yet another reason I love HD rereleases. I never got to play this game originally on Xbox, due to my unwillingness to bring myself to use an Xbox, so when I heard this was being releases on PSN with a HD sheen, my heart rejoiced! I loved Abe's Odyssey and Exodus back in the day, but this game is a different kettle of fish altogether. It fuses third-person and first-person gameplay together perfectly, and tests your tactical nous with it's live ammo system and multiple methods available in bringing your enemies down to boot. You play a bounty hunter, and with the exception of a few mechanical bosses, you can play through the entire game without killing anyone if you so chose. Stranger's Wrath exceeded my expectations in so many ways, I thoroughly recommend it for game lovers of any kind.

Okami HD 100%
    Earned: 6:06pm, June 7th, 2013
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 2 Months, 2 Days, 2 Hours
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Leave No Chest Unopened
    Given the fact that the last game I platted was one of the worst I've played of this generation, it was a pleasure to move onto one of the best games of last generation, Okami. Okami HD is an epic, sprawling adventure through Eastern mythology that captivated me and 'almost' moved me to tears by the end. It is beautifully drawn, and the game mechanics, using a paintbrush in combination with fairly basic combos to do damage, was great fun and more tactical than I would have expected. This is the type of game that a Nintendo fanboy would hold up high alongside your Super Mario Galaxy's and your Banjo Kazooies if it was exclusive to their console. I'm surprised that we don't hear more about it from Sony brethren, because it certainly is deserving of praise (See what I did there?). Play this game or miss out on an essential part of recent Playstation history.

The Penguins Of Madagascar 100%
    Earned: 11:17pm, January 6th, 2012
    From Play To Plat (Realtime)15 Hours, 40 Minutes, 8 Seconds
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Chameleon Keeper
    Played this very easy plat for the latest trophy competition (still lost, boo hoo). Some kids games can be quite decent. This one, meh, not so much. It just felt like it was a set of quite simple logic puzzles thrown into a Madagascar skin. The gameplay consists of hot-swapping between your four main flightless fowl and using their abilities to progress through each level. No imagination and not much fun at all. Lucky it was over so quickly.

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale 100%
    Earned: 5:39pm, February 15th, 2013
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 1 Month, 2 Weeks, 5 Days
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Triple Kill!
    I really enjoy this game and the idea of it. I've been a Sony fanboy since the PS1 came out, and have always been loyal to the PS brand. I've missed out on a lot of decent games because they haven't appeared on a Playstation console over the years, so to hear that a Super Smash Bros 'clone' was making its way to the PS3... well, I was tickled pink! The gameplay is good, the character move-sets and levels are awesome homage to the games involved, but the one thing that really let this down is the online portion. For a brawler, you would expect online connectivity to be pretty decent, but here in Australia, it really was dire. I think I was waiting in lobbies for a total of 8 hours just to play the 4 or 5 online games it took to get the required trophies for the plat. Having said that, I'll still keep an eye out for DLC and use this game mostly as a local-only bit of fun with my mates, but I'm afraid that this all the value you can expect out of this game. The story mode was particularly disappointing, with nary a cinematic in sight! Bookended by static comic-strip style animations with one 'gateway' cutscene per character, this was a real disappointed, and it could have been so much better. I'm afraid, however, that Superbot dropped the ball a bit with this one, I just hope it doesn't ruin our chances of seeing like-minded Sony branded products from being released in the future.

Prince Of Persia 84%
    Earned: 12:44pm December 20th, 2010
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 1 Year, 4 Months, 3 Weeks
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Light Seeds Master
    This game is not most folk's favourite Prince Of Persia episode, but I really liked it. The art style was cool, and you can tell how much attention was given to the game world. I haven't played the Epilogue yet to get 100%, as I think that piece of DLC is a bit over-priced, but I'm sure I'll get to it one day, as I did find this game to be very enjoyable.

Prince Of Persia: The Forgotten Sands 100%
    Earned: 10:37am May 11th, 2011
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 2 Days, 9 Hours, 34 minutes
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Invincible
    I found this game to be very decent. I didn't like it as much as the aforementioned POP reboot, but it was definitely worth the amount of time it took to get the plat. Fun platforming around some cool environments are what Prince Of Persia is all about, and this side the game delivered on. I thought the combat was pretty average, though, and the repetitive nature of this did grate after a while. Still, an easy and enjoyable plat.

Rango 100%
    Earned: 3:27am, January 11th, 2012
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 1 Day, 23 Hours, 46 Minutes
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Red, White & Blue Sevens
    I was impressed by the production values of this title. Compared to some of the recent 'family' games I have played, it's clear a bit of effort went into the development of this game, particularly the character modelling and animation. It's a shame this can't be said about the gameplay, however. The combat was extremely repetitive and tiresome and I grew tired of this game quite quickly. Which is quite a damaging assessment when the game itself lasts only a short amount of time. Still better than the average animated movie tie-in, but nothing I'd recommend if you're looking for a good time.

Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One100%
    Earned: 12:43pm, August 30th, 2012
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 2 Weeks, 3 Days, 6 Hours
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: The First Million Is Always The Hardest
    Only reason I played this game was due to a PS+ Freebie and a full hard-drive that needed something deleted... hence I wanted to get this 14GB title out of there. Wasn't expecting much, as I heard All 4 One was fairly average, but I must admit I was pleasantly surprised. The focus is clearly on co-operative play which I wasn't looking forward to, to be honest I hate being forced into using online multiplayer. I found I didn't have to resort to playing online that much at all though, which made me happy. If I was to compare this to other 'family' titles, this is well above the norm and I did have a good time playing through on my initial run. What did get on my nerves was grinding for bolts to contribute to a 1,000,000 banked total... Grrrrr. When all is said and done, it's not the best Ratchet and Clank game, but still an enjoyable enough experience.

Red Dead Redemption 70%
    Earned: 12:28am July 27th, 2010
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 2 Months, 1 Week, 4 Days
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: How The West Was Won
    What can I say about this game that hasn't been said already? It is my favourite PS3 game to date. I was captivated by the setting, the story, the characters. I did not want this game to end, and can remember wishing that the story would keep continuing even as I knew it was coming to a close. Rockstar have set an extremely high bar with it's characterisation this generation, I know every game they make from here on in will be a day one purchase simply because there games introduce me to a world that I don't want to leave. In this case- the Wild West, a setting I never had any previous interest in. Much like Assassins Creed II, this game made me fall in love with a time and place I never thought I could.

Resident Evil 5 85%
    Earned: 3:59am May 25th, 2011
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 2 Years, I Month, 3 Weeks
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Take It To The Max
    Another game that has divided popular opinion. Some hate it because it's not 'Resident Evily' enough. Let me say, Resident Evil 2 is my all-time favourite console game, and I loved Resi Evil 5. I thought it to be a fantastic roller-coaster ride. From start to finish, I was having a blast playing this game. I even enjoyed the multiple playthroughs I had (4 all up), as I didn't co-op with anyone else in order to get to Professional difficulty easily. Yeah, that's right, I played this solo for bolo, baby. Can't wait to try out the DLC... when I get around to it.

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken 100%
    Earned: 2.51am, November 3rd, 2011
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 2 Weeks, 12 Hours, 25 Minutes
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Revolutionary Fighter
    This PSN side-scrolling poultry-themed shoot-em-up platforming puzzler (quite a genre) surprised me. I half-expected it to me terrible, but instead found the game to be quite entertaining. Sure the controls took a bit of getting used to, and ticking off some of the required signs was an absolute pain in the ass (Chapter 10, Sign 1, I'm looking at you), but overall this game was just... plain... fun. It had a great sense of humour and a soundtrack that grew on me. You could certainly do worse than purchase this little number from your local PS Store.

Saints Row: The Third 100%
    Earned: 8:54pm, February 16th, 2012
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 3 Months, 1 Week, 2 Days
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: You're My Hero!
    Saints Row: The Third achieved everything it set out to do. It has a balls-to-the-wall all-out roller-coaster ride storyline set in a modern day sandbox with plenty to see and do. The game is much improved on Saints Row 2, and due to the bugginess of that sequel, I had my reservations when approaching this third iteration of the franchise. I was pleasantly surprised to find that, apart from the occasional freeze here and there, the game stood up well with all the crazy action and activities you can partake in. The humour was a little too over the top for my liking though, and the juvenile nature of it detracted more than it added. Never-the-less, SR:The Third was an extremely enjoyable 'game' in every sense of that word. Much fun to be had, so it comes highly recommended if you can put your brain aside for the 30-40 odd hours it will take to blast through the game.

Saw 100%
    Earned: 7:22am November 3rd, 2011
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 17 Hours, 44 Minutes, 15 Seconds
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Merciless
    Saw doesn't do much to disprove the fact that most movie tie-ins are rubbish. This game appealed to me because I wanted to see how they translated the movies into a game, and also because it dropped trophies like Snoop Dogg drops hot things. Definitely handy during trophy competition time, but I wouldn't recommend this game for any other reason. The puzzles were ok, but the combat was piss-poor and turned this game into an experience very easy to forget.

Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection 100%
    Earned: 7:36pm April 20th, 2011
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 1 Day, 7 Hours, 53 Minutes
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Yatta!
    This game was a cool trip down memory lane. Playing Sonic Spinball, Ecco The Dolphin, Shinobi, Comix Zone and Alex Kidd took me back to my younger days when I first got into gaming. A large portion of the games included weren't to my taste and some had aged poorly, but this collection deserves a round of applause for helping to bring an older generation of games to a younger generation of players. But fuck me, Yatta! was a bitch!

Shadows Of The Damned 100%
    Earned: 9:58pm August 23rd, 2011
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 1 Week, 5 days, 21 Hours
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: High In Las Vegas
    I absolutely loved this game. It was just much too short and not enough of a 'package' to get a higher score. A 'Mercaneries'-like mode would have worked. The sad fact of the matter is one playthrough is it, unless you're going for the platinum. Having said that, it was a shitload of fun while it lasted. Resident Evil 5-style action in Suda 51's version of Hell. Loved it.

Shaun White Skateboarding 100%
    Earned: 3:52am, June 11th, 2012
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 1 Year, 2 Months, 3 Weeks
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Secret Packrat
    Playing this game has increased my respect for Ubisoft as a studio. Whilst I wouldn't dare say that Shaun White Skateboarding is a great game, it's quite clear that as a studio, Ubisoft just don't do things by the numbers. They try and innovate. I wasn't hugely won over by the 'shaping' aspect of this game, but I did recognise it to be an attempt at something different in the skateboarding genre, and I much prefer this to a tacky peripheral, looking at you, Birdman. The skating in this game was mildly fun and although there was no huge challenge, platting this turned into a little bit of a grind for me, what with the secret challenges to complete. Having said that, I certainly wouldn't want anyone to get the impression this was a bad game, but if you're a skateboarding nut, stick with the Skate series. If you want a bit of colour with your varials, check this out. It ain't bad.

Shrek Forever After 100%
    Earned: 7:15am, May 27th, 2012
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 1 Day, 4 Hours, 55 Minutes
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Docks Complete
    For a family-friendly game, and movie tie-in to boot, this was a decent game. I was impressed by the job the development team did on this game, it is better than the large majority of other licensed games out there at the moment. The graphics were decent, gameplay was just varied enough to stay interesting over the course of the game, and the puzzles were good fun too. There are definitely worse kiddy-games to play out there, so if you're looking for a fast and easy plat, give this a go. The fact that I even half-enjoyed this game surprised me, as I hate the Shrek movies, but the game has enough charm of it's own to pull you in.

Sly Cooper And The Thievius Racoonus 100%
    Earned: 4:13am January 23rd, 2011
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 3 Weeks, 4 Days, 21 Hours
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Oh No He Didn't
    Another remastered HD update, another classic game with motherfuckin' trophies! Like God Of War, I played the Sly series back when they were released on the PS2, so I was more than happy to reacquaint myself with a forgotten friend in glorious HD. Sly didn't need much of an update, however, as it's original cel-shaded graphics have aged really well. I had forgotten how unforgiving this game was at places, but it was another trip down memory lane I was happy to take. Just need to get around to 2 and 3 now.

Sly 2: Band Of Thieves 100%
    Earned: 11:02pm June 17th, 2011
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 4 Days, 14 Hours, 9 Seconds
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Tick-Tock
    The sequel to the excellent Sly Raccoon, this game was fucking awesome. It took an already great game and improved upon it, offering an open world for each individual level with tasks that needed to be accomplished in each before progression was allowed. This definitely seemed to gave the game a less linear approach, even though it still is a basic platformer at heart. The vehicle based missions and different types of mini-games (such as hacking with Bentley) broke up the action nicely. Even the story had me involved, the characters in this series are straight-up awesome. It is so good to play a challenging family-orientated game that holds up it's own with great gameplay, story and a sense of humour to boot. I hope Sly 3 continues the trend! Sucker Punch have my respect.

Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves 100%
    Earned: 9:25am August 10th, 2011
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 3 Weeks, 1 Day, 16 Minutes
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: 100% Pure Cooper
    The Sly series improved on itself with every iteration. The third game was, as the rest of the series, a pleasure to play through and cements the trilogy right up there with my favourite platformers of all time. Whereas the first sequel opened up the option to control Murray and Bentley throughout the escapades, Among Thieves gave us control of a literal gang, switching between all of the new cast members recruited throughout the story. It was a bit of a sad feeling to finish up this trilogy, but a new sequel is on it's way, and highly anticipated I might add.

Sound Shapes100%
    Earned: 4:13am, August 11th, 2012
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 2 Days, 8 Hours, 21 Minutes
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Death Mode: Invaderoids
    Now this is a gem of a game. Music is easily my greatest pleasure, and this Sony exclusive mixes music with a seemingly simple platforming experience to make the player feel like they're sculpting the tracks as they play. Beck's levels are the highlights, but all the music and levels are fantastic. If you like music, I can not recommend this game highly enough. It even contains a level editor/music sequencer for making and uploading your own tracks/levels. I can see myself losing days doing just that. Death Mode was an exercise in repetition and frustration, that being the point of course with some quick and tough challenges to test your mettle. As a package, I wish there was a bit more meat, but I'm really hoping that DLC brings a fresh selection of artists contributing to this fantastic game. Loved it.

Spare Parts 100%
    Earned: 12:28am March 27th, 2011
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 2 months, 1 Week, 3 Days
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Blingbot
    This is like the Terminator: Salvation of kid's games with added collecting and grinding trophies. I was really pissed off with this game, because for a platforming game the platforming was atrocious. The game just felt laggy in it's control and the distinct lack of variety in enemies you faced got old quickly, never mind the fact to get the plat you had to grind to 1,000,000 credits... no easy task when the gameplay was as poor as in this title. I hoped for better when I saw a character was to be voiced by Simon Pegg.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 100%
    Earned: 3:55am, September 15th, 2012
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 2 Years, 2 Months, 3 Weeks
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Sith Master
    I can remember this being THE Star Wars game to look out for on PS3. That was before it was released. To be honest, it's not that bad, but it's really not that good either. The Force Powers are cool and the set pieces are interesting, but the game is let down with it's shoddy production values and poor 'platforming' mechanics. The graphics vary between lovely and eye-wateringly ugly. If there was more consistency with a higher benchmark set through out, this adventure would have had me acting far kinder to it then I am now. As it stands, it is a let down, a fairly tolerable let down at that. Just don't get me started with the bullshit 500 kills with a specific power trophies. And Sith Master difficulty? Suck a dick.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 100%
    Earned: 5:11am, October 25th, 2012
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 1 Month, 1 Week, 9 Hours
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Champion
    This sequel improved on all the things I wished for in comparision to the first game. Graphics were great, combat more fluid and general movement felt much better. Unfortunately, I felt the game took a step back in all the areas I enjoyed the first game for... Environments are far less varied, levels felt repetive and the enemies just started to grate on me, seemingly only have about 4 different enemy types with a couple of minor variations here and there. And don't get me started on the horrible, emo voice acting for Starkiller. That shit's straight embarrassing. It has it's moments early on, but after a while, TFU2 just felt like a third-person corridor shooter with lightsabers instead of guns. Tis a shame, this series took 2 steps forward and two steps back at the same time. I wonder if a third game could pull it all together?

Tekken 6 100%
    Earned: 8:28am April 11th, 2010
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 5 months, 1 Day, 11 Hours
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: What A Nightmare
    The Tekken series has been my fighting game of choice ever since iteration number 3. I like the how the button-inputs are mapped to the keypad as opposed to StreetFighter's quarter-circle shenanigans. I also loved the ending movies you get when you complete the arcade mode with all the characters. This version is standard Tekken, perfect for gathering around with mates and arguing over who gets to play as Yoshimitsu. Funny how all the extra modes Tekken cram in are usually balls. For example, I actually would've given Tekken 6 9 's out of 10 if the Scenario Campaign wasn't included.

Tekken Tag Tournament HD 100%
    Earned: 8:02pm January 7th, 2012
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 1 months, 2 Weeks, 3 Days
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Chicken!
    I've already professed my love for HD collections, as well as the Tekken series, so you probably can already guess my opinion on this game. Loved it. I had forgotten how good this game was when released and playing it again has brought back many blissful memories of Tekken Tag all-nighters with my mates back in high school. Pretty easy platinum as well, although getting the Chicken! trophy required teaching my missus the basics of martial arts combat! I'm psyched for the release of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 now, bring it on and let the good times roll. One request, though. We need a better mini-game this time around. No repeat of Tekken 6's Scenario Campaign, please.

Terminator: Salvation 100%
    Earned: 5:16am April 12th, 2010
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 20 Hours, 7 Minutes, 29 Seconds
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Veteran Commander
    The worst thing about this game for me was that I read in a magazine that to get an easy plat, all you had to do was play the campaign through on Easy and then change to Hard difficulty on the last level to get the plat. Did this work? No. Fuck you, Powerstation. The gameplay wasn't that bad, but it did get irritatingly repetitive and had absolutely no replay value whatsoever (unless you were dumb enough to do what I did, then you had no choice).

Tomb Raider: Legend 100%
    Earned: 11:55am June 26th, 2011
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 2 months, 1 Week, 2 Days
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: The Hard Way
    Sony's Remastered HD Collections are an awesome idea. Let me get that out the way. I love to relive my gaming memories of yesteryear, especially with trophy support! I will buy any collection they release. The Tomb Raider collection was a no-brainer. Having played through Tomb Raider: Legend, however, I have found myself slightly disappointed. Sure, it was a great game for it's time, but I have to admit that playing through this iteration made me wish I was in control of a different explorer, one who finds himself in places you could describe as not having been charted, if you get my drift, wink, wink, nudge, nudge, I'll shut up now. Lara just felt pretty clunky and my control of her wasn't as fluid as I would have liked, leading to many painful deaths at the hands of the sometimes shoddy camera and less-than-perfect controls. Having said that, I'm glad I played it. It brought back fond memories of discovering these beautifully realised environments for the first time some 5 years ago.

Tomb Raider 100%
    Earned: 11:56pm, April 27th, 2013
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 1 Month, 1 Week, 4 Days
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Shopaholic*
    This reboot is exactly what the Tomb Raider series needed after losing relevance over the past decade. It is a magnificent game, and could easily have occurred outside of the Lara Croft universe. The fact of the matter is that Lara Croft needed this game more than the game needed Lara Croft. Think Uncharted and you are fairly close in terms of gameplay experience with what you have here. My only grumble is that the combat and gunplay became fairly repetitive when finishing the game, but the story itself was good and had me happy to be controlling the now slightly-more-fragile adventuress. It will be interesting to say where Lara Croft goes next, I certainly will be along for the ride due to the merits of this experience.

Toy Story 3: The Videogame 100%
    Earned: 5:04am August 23rd, 2011
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 1 Month, 3 Weeks, 5 Days
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Gold Super Star
    For a kid's game, this was pretty damn cool. The story section was your average level-by-level generic 3D platformer, but the Toy Box mode was what really brought this game to life for me. Think GTA: Toy Story and you're halfway there. It was a bit glitchy for some, but I had no problem going through this mode and have to admit I liked it a bit more than I should have.

Trine 100%
    Earned: 7:33am July 4th, 2011
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 1 Week, 21 Hours, 59 Minutes
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Better Than Developers!
    Trine was a very enjoyable experience to me. I found this magical little platformer to be a very charming and pleasant experience (at least until I attempted the Better Than Developers trophy). The controls were pretty good, at first I found them clumsy and unresponsive, but after 'learning' the game, I had a blast using the slingshot to shoot the thief around the level, or making floating triangles out of thin air with the wizard. Definitely not a tough game, but a PSN must-have title, in my opinion.

Trine 2 100%
    Earned: 7:16am January 6th, 2012
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 17 Hours, 55 Minutes, 40 Seconds
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Flying Solo
    Trine 2 is a fantastic game and one of the best sequels available on the Playstation Network. Let me get that out of the way. Now, let me say how disappointed I am with the ease at which this plat is obtained. You do not even have to finish the game. Yes, you read that right, whores. Completion is not necessary to obtain all 11 golds, 1 silver and the 'hard' Platinum trophy. I'm not sure what lead to the decision making behind the trophy selection for this game, but I have to admit that it was disappointing and did not encourage playing through this game in it's entirety. Which is a shame for an accomplished end-product such as this.

Trivial Pursuit 100%
    Earned: 5:56am January 19th, 2011
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 1 Day, 22 Hours, 56 Minutes
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: You Know Too Much
    If you read my mini-review of Monopoly: Streets, the same can be applied here.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves 86%
    Earned: 9:24pm March 5th, 2010
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 3 Months, 3 Weeks, 2 Days
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Charted!- Crushing
    PS3's Game Of The Year in 2009 had the honour of being my very first plat. The first Uncharted was the reason I bought my PS3 and this sequel upped the ante. So much fun, great characters, story and set pieces made many an 360 fanboy green with envy. I haven't tackled the multiplayer much, but hopefully will get some time in before Drake's Deception...

Up 100%
    Earned: 10:13am April 23rd, 2010
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 1 Day, 58 Minutes, 22 Seconds
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Merit Badge Champion
    Pretty standard kiddy-fare. Another plat claimed during competition time. I didn't like this one as much as, say, Ice Age or Cloudy, but it wasn't that bad. There just wasn't much about the game that really stood out. The co-op mode did make playing through with my step-son a little bit more tolerable.

The Walking Dead 100%
    Earned: 9:11am, November 22nd, 2012
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 6 Months, 6 Days, 5 Hours
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: What Remains
    The Walking Dead is almost all of my dreams come true. Made by Telltale Games, an 'adventure' 'point n click' title, no missable trophies, no difficulty trophies, in fact no trophies beyond what the story provides you with, and the best part- It doesn't even matter what choices you make! Finally, I was able to play a game the way I wanted to, with the choices I wanted to make, and I never had to worry about how it would affect my path to the platinum. I loved every minute of it. Okay, it's not perfect by any means, but it has a great story and some really hard-hitting moments. I can't recommend this enough for lovers of a decent story, check it out and get yourself a hassle-free (if somewhat bland) platinum trophy.

WWE: Legends Of Wrestlemania 100%
    Earned: 3:53am April 17th, 2010
    From Play To Plat (Realtime) 3 Days, 18 Hours, 49 Minutes
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: True Legend Killer
    I fucking hate wrestling, but wrestling games used to provide some form of entertainment in my PS1 and PS2 days. Having moved on from even that participation, I decided to give this game a go due to the easiness of it's plat. I definitely appreciate the amount of fan-service put into this title, but everything else about the game was pretty bogus. The graphics were crappy, the 'fighting' one-dimensional and the presentation left a little to be desired. But I sure didn't mind it that much. I definitely like the look of WWE All Stars, so I may gave that game a crack. But I still fucking hate wrestling.

PSN 100%'s

American McGee's Alice

BTF Episode 1: It's About Time

BTF Episode 2: Get Tannen

BTF Episode 3: Citizen Brown

BTF Episode 4: Double Visions

BTF Episode 5: Outatime

Bejewelled 2

Beyond Good And Evil

Blue Toad Murder Files: The Mysteries of Little Riddle

The Cave

Costume Quest

Daytona USA

Deathspank

Deathspank: Thongs Of Virtue

The Baconing

detuned

Frogger Returns

inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood

Jetpack Joyride

Jurassic Park: The Intruder

Jurassic Park: The Calvary

Jurassic Park: The Depths

Jurassic Park: The Survivors

Linger In Shadows

Machinarium

Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck's Revenge

Noby Noby Boy

S & M:TDP Episode 1: The Penal Zone

S & M:TDP Episode 2: The Tomb Of Sammun-Mak

S & M:TDP Episode 3: They Stole Max's Brain

S & M:TDP Episode 4: Beyond The Alley Of The Dolls

S & M:TDP Episode 5: The City That Dares Not Sleep

S & M: BTAS Episode 1: Ice Station Santa

S & M: BTAS Episode 2: Moai Better Blues

S & M: BTAS Episode 3: Night Of The Raving Dead

S & M: BTAS Episode 4: Chariots Of The Dogs

S & M: BTAS Episode 5: What's New, Beezlebub?

The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition

The Sly Collection: Minigames

Stacking

SBCGFAP Episode 1: Homestar Ruiner

SBCGFAP Episode 2: Strong Badia The Free

SBCGFAP Episode 3: Baddest Of The Bands

SBCGFAP Episode 4: Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective

SBCGFAP Episode 5: 8 Bit Is Enough

TOMI Chapter 1: Launch Of The Screaming Narwhal

TOMI Chapter 2: The Siege Of Spinner Cay

TOMI Chapter 3: Lair Of The Leviathan

TOMI Chapter 4: The Trial And Execution Of Guybrush Threepwood

TOMI Chapter 5: Rise Of The Pirate God

TestYourself

Thomas Was Alone

Tokyo Jungle

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown

Wolfenstein 3D

Works Of Art

My signature made by, wait, hold up... Me?!?

A sig I made for my good friend, MJScorpio.

Simple effort, but 'effective'. I'm a Dead Space fan.

I made this one for my step-son, Jamie.

My Reviews

Pacman Review

Mad Props
    ABSTRACT, Agent Oranje, ant1th3s1s, A_FlyingMegaKiwi, Asuka, Auburn, BadWolf2142, BDKSimba, bodigard, Bootstrap911, boundingrey, Breakpoint, Brenden, Cal_Kisaragi, Chambers35, ChrisValentine, Compalicious, DaRe_xLw, darkness805, DAVEYHASSELHOFF, Denaratuk, djunglist, DK, eburkulosis, EmilyGloom, Fishstylez, gangsta_mike, Gamer1022, Gauss, GFCrens, Gokussjin, Gotakibono, GotItMezmorized, grimydawg, halfdeaf, Helyx, HIT2MAN, Hitman, ichris26, In2umniaKillH3r, iraqoz, JadeShark, jairtheshadow, James_Page, Johnny_Sparx, JoK3r, JToTheP, JT_Rex, Jukes18, Kelstar23, Kerwan_Ratchet, Kevinnummer1, kid420247, komma_incarnate, LeeMcD, LinuxSteven301, LL_Cool_J_Me, MannyCalavera, Marccap, Minarum, MJScorpio, mritual, Nagflar, NerodRadec707, OMGLOOL, OneShift, ONUOsFan, Oz-Metalhead, payney992, petrogassin, Phoenix, Pie, Pooky187, pyroman31, Ramon3110, Raven, RKF95, Roswellian, Rustyracer99, SgtMuzzBuzz, ShaitanCR, SideEffect23, Simpo64, skidmarkgn, Sly-Ripper, SniperFox, ssj2razor, Submerge, Tenacious, Terror, the Pirate King, TheGeneral09, Tinny448, TommyRKO, Unred, Viarco, Vindicated23, Wadefan1, WhiteWolfDK, Xerces2911, XXstupidnameXX, Yotsuba

A Message From Our Sponsors...

Click Me.

No, Click Me!

Click The Fucking Shit Outta Me!
    Last edited by DJ_Keyser; 07-20-2013 at 06:16 PM.

Lvl 9 - Gold

so beautiful

Player Hater

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsoldier36 View Post
    so beautiful
    Imagine reading through a whole website just using source code. #headache

Player Hater

*phew*
    Finally have converted my checklist back somewhat closer to it's original 'glory'. Manually retyping source code to forum code was an exhilarating experience, let me assure you.
    I've had to delete a couple of things, namely my In2view from the old.com (*openly weeps*) and the links to the 'reviews' I did of Haze and BMXXX (also on the old site). They are forever lost, which is a shame as I was really proud of those efforts.
    Ah well, at least I've gotten my checklist back up to some kind of standard. Enjoy, and please... any feedback, suggestions or criticism are welcome. Also suggestions for games to play, they come in handy.

Player Hater

Have just added a reviews section to my checklist. I had a few reviews up on the old site. They were lost in the upheaval, so am beginning again. First up... Pac-man.

Nope, nothing

Sweet looking checklist Keyser
    I hope you plan on getting the other 2 God of War Platinums

Read your Pacman review and really enjoyed it so thanks for that.
    Also I've always liked that sig you're wearing but I didn't know you made it, nice one!

I'm in the shout-outs

Player Hater

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Sweet looking checklist Keyser
    I hope you plan on getting the other 2 God of War Platinums

Read your Pacman review and really enjoyed it so thanks for that.
    Also I've always liked that sig you're wearing but I didn't know you made it, nice one!

I'm in the shout-outs
    I do indeed plan on getting the other two GOW plats. Just bought the collection, so shall hit them shortly. Tossing up between playing them or Ico/SotC again first...
    Thanks for the kudos on the Pac-man review. Unfortunately it's been deleted, as there doesn't seem like there's going to be a section for User Reviews, which is a shame. Maybe I'll find a way to incorporate them into my checklist.
    Also... of course you're in my shout-outs. All legends make it in there!

Oh yeah, just updated with my new Borderlands plat. Took me a long time to get 100% in that game. What a ride it was though. Loved it all the way.

Borderlands 100%
    Earned: 6:44pm, October 6th, 2011
    Game Rating:
    Worst Trophy: Ding! Champion (or Big Tournament for DLC)
    This game was awesome. Mixing FPS gameplay with RPG elements made for one funa and exciting experience. It goes to show how much of an obsessive compulsive mind-frame us humans have when we check every single chest or locker hoping for a gun just a little bit better than the one we already have. This in a game which has literally millions of different possible weapon combinations. The DLC was fantastic too, with the exception of Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot. Why could we not level up in those tournaments, goddamit? One thing I am proud of is that I managed to complete the entire game and DLC off-line, with the exception of Crawmerax, the Gearbox viral trophy and the last 10 or so experience levels I needed for the 100%. It took quite a long time, but was quite a fun time. Bring on Borderlands 2!

Beast Incarnate

Very cool checklist. Just so you know, you have the Sly plat image as your Spare Parts image. Keep it up man.

Player Hater

Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Very cool checklist. Just so you know, you have the Sly plat image as your Spare Parts image. Keep it up man.
    Thanks for looking out, brother. Have now fixed that and the CSI plat image.

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Haha I guessed I only caught one thing when I skimmed through the checklist.

Anyways congrats on Borderlands and getting 100%. Such an awesome game and you share the same opinion as me. I loved everything except for the Mad Moxxi DLC as they were boring. Like you, I can't wait for Borderlands 2.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Very nice checklist - some great plats in there!

Player Hater

Quote Originally Posted by StewartBros View Post
    Very nice checklist - some great plats in there!
    Thanks, mate! There are also some fairly easy plats in there, so now I'm aiming to try and smash out quite a few respectable ones, just to give my list a bit of extra credibility. I definitely want to plat the games I love, and I've managed to do that with a few so far... This ain't even close to the amount of games I want to plat though, ha ha.

Lvl 5 - Silver

As always great checklist with sick banner lol

Player Hater

Quote Originally Posted by iraqoz View Post
    As always great checklist with sick banner lol
    Thanks, bro. Good to see ya back!

Player Hater

Just completed 'The Baconing' 100%. Enjoyable game for one playthrough. The second playthrough on Insane was a bit of a hassle, but at least you could skip through dialogue. Deathspank is one of my favourite characters on the PS3, so I quite enjoyed the continuation of his journey. Looks like DLC will be incoming also...
    Last edited by DJ_Keyser; 10-28-2011 at 06:45 PM.

Player Hater

BOOMSHAKALAKA!
    Unlock all other Trophies

Just attained my 45th platinum trophy. NBA Jam was quite a slog. If considering this as a potential future platinum, ask yourself one question... do you hate grinding? If so, do not attempt this. You will be 'grinding' out game after game in your quest, and it took me just over 80 hours of gametime to achieve this plat. Fun game though, so proud to add an updated version of a childhood favourite to my plat list.

Player Hater

Platinum Trophy
    Collect All Trophies

Updated with latest plat Rocketbirds. Fun, easy enough platinum. Great soundtrack and humour in the game. I recommend it for something different!
    I have also added another section to each platinum on the list... From Plat To Play (Realtime)
    Basically what this shows is how long on a real-life timespan it took me to get to the platinum on the game from earning the very first trophy. I think it is a good insight into my gaming habits... Decent platinums i tend to 'nibble' at over time, and easy platinums are usually done within the space of a day or two.
    Resident Evil 5 was the longest I went at over 2 years and a month after first playing the game, and Megamind was (of course) the quickest, clocking in at less than 2 and a half hours.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I've been wanting to get rocketbirds since it released but I have too many games as it is. Its definately in the "one day" list. Also, great plats you have there.
    Batman Arkham Asylum l Batman Arkham City l Bioshock l Borderlands l GoW: Chains of Olympus l God of War
    GoW: Ghost of Sparta l God of War II l God of War III l InFamous l Killzone l Killzone 3 l LEGO Batman 2 l LEGO LotR
    LittleBigPlanet l LittleBigPlanet Vita l Plants Vs. Zombies Vita l PS All-Stars Vita l R&C: Going Commando
    R&C: Up Your Arsenal l R&C: A Crack in Time l R&C: All4One l R&C: Full Frontal Assault l Resistance: Burning Skies
    The Walking Dead l Trine 2 l Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Player Hater

Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    I've been wanting to get rocketbirds since it released but I have too many games as it is. Its definately in the "one day" list. Also, great plats you have there.
    You should get it, man. It's quick, easy and fun. i busted it out just to give myself a break after platting NBA Jam. Definitely worthwhile if you've spent some time grinding as it relieves a lot of stress, ha ha.

Just added my latest plat to the mix...

Master Of The Inferno
    Unlock All Other Trophies

Awesome game, loads of fun. I loved the art-style. Sure, it gets repetitive, as it's a GOW-clone in essence, but you can't complain when you play through a game and enjoy it. I finished off the Dark Forest DLC too. Fuck the Trials of St Lucia. Too much of a pain in the ass.
    I'm also going to be tackling my games in a different manner from here on in. I usually find it very difficult to pick what game I will play next... Now I've made it my mission to at least plat one game from every letter in the alphabet I'm missing until I've gone through and at least got all those bases covered.
    E is up next... any suggestions on good games I should plat starting with E? I have Enslaved, so am levitating towards that at the moment...

Platinum Procrastinator

Congrats on the Dante's Inferno plat and I can understand not wanting to go through the Trials of St. Lucia. Some of them are brutal and requires a good boosting partner, otherwise you're screwed. Also good luck on getting a plat for every letter of the alphabet. I looked through my list of games and I have nothing with the letter "E" so I can't make any suggestions.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast