Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Beam's Lazy Checklist

This is a discussion on Beam's Lazy Checklist within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by Hall_Of_Game On FF XIV, let us all know how it is. I can't even imagine FF being ...

Fight Off Your Demons

Quote Originally Posted by Hall_Of_Game View Post
    On FF XIV, let us all know how it is. I can't even imagine FF being an MMO. All I think of is FF XII with others controlling the characters. Sounds fun in theory but MMOs are pretty stale IMO as well.

EDIT
    OH and don't worry about the avy/sig. You'll get it together when you do. NO RUSH!
    I haven't been looking forward to XIV at all, or paying attention to it really. Mostly because I'm not one for MMOs. I only applied for the beta because of my strong love for FF. I put 3 hours or so into it before work, and another 2 since I've gotten home, and I'm surprised how much fun it is. Very nostalgic feeling, as there's bits of the whole series in it. I'm glad that they took out the non-disclosure part of the beta, too, so I don't have to vague when I talk about it.

The game is beautiful, no surprise for a FF. When in a big group fighting someone, there's problem with the frame rate, but I'm sure that will be fixed up. I haven't done much of the story, but what I have is pretty familiar. Crystals and warriors of light and all that. I've only played with the archer class, but am thinking about making a second character with a mage. The combat is kinda like an upgraded FFXII. you pick a target, and there's auto attacks, but no gambits. Instead you have skills/spells mapped to the face buttons, and you hold down a trigger to use them. You get 8 skills per map, and 8 different maps, so tons of skills readily available. You can also change your class by changing your gear, so it's easy to use one character and be customize what class you need for a certain quest.

Speaking of quests, they've been a tad bit boring to start off. Mostly fetch quests, or kill x number of y enemies. I didn't really expect more from the start though. The main ones have been getting a bit better though, and I'm only level 7 so it's hard to comment on them. The last one I did was pretty cool, as it was more of a boss fight.

I only wish this wasn't a subscription based game. I have a hard time with them, because I always feel to get my moneys worth I should be spending all my free time on them, and when I don't I feel guilty or that I wasted money. If it were a free to play game with micro-transactions I'd have no hesitation, but paying monthly is just hard for me. I'm gonna have some fun during the beta while I can though.

Notorious K.I.D.

Browsing through the last couple of pages took me back to our run together and the tactics discussed. I'm jelly...

You sure I can't talk you into a 13-2 run, maybe when HoG gets a copy as well. It'd be a nice prep for the epicness that will be FF X HD.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Fight Off Your Demons

Quote Originally Posted by K.I.D. View Post
    Browsing through the last couple of pages took me back to our run together and the tactics discussed. I'm jelly...

You sure I can't talk you into a 13-2 run, maybe when HoG gets a copy as well. It'd be a nice prep for the epicness that will be FF X HD.
    That would require me to go out and buy 13-2 again, and I'm not sure I can stomach the terrible story of that game again. Honestly, the most enjoyable part of that game was the monster building and the DLC, but it takes so long to get to that point. Not really sure it's worth it lol

Venire, Videre, Vince

Quote Originally Posted by Beam View Post
    My first sig was actually from a GGA battle we did back in the day on here. I have like 5 different versions of it on my computer somewhere, but funny enough I don't think I have the version that I submitted into the battle anymore. It definitely wasn't any good though lol
    Any chance that you have them online? I would like to see them! just asking!

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol

Fight Off Your Demons

Quote Originally Posted by xEl_Cidx View Post
    Any chance that you have them online? I would like to see them! just asking!
    I used to have it in my showcase I think... too bad that thing got deleted when the site went down and I never bothered to remake it.

I didn't, but I opened up GIMP to see if I could find one and upload it. I think this is what I entered into the battle, or something similar to it. I had absolutely NO idea what I was doing. I just sorta started messing around in GIMP, and this is what I came up with. My second one was much better I think.

While I was searching through my GIMP files, I found this and absolutely HAD to upload it. I completely forgot that I made this version of it. No one's ever seen this, but it was originally made for Kid. I ended up giving him one with a different render, but this one made me laugh a lot more. It's one of my older sigs as well.

Notorious K.I.D.

I used to have it in my showcase I think... too bad that thing got deleted when the site went down and I never bothered to remake it.

I didn't, but I opened up GIMP to see if I could find one and upload it. I think this is what I entered into the battle, or something similar to it. I had absolutely NO idea what I was doing. I just sorta started messing around in GIMP, and this is what I came up with. My second one was much better I think.

While I was searching through my GIMP files, I found this and absolutely HAD to upload it. I completely forgot that I made this version of it. No one's ever seen this, but it was originally made for Kid. I ended up giving him one with a different render, but this one made me laugh a lot more. It's one of my older sigs as well.

Hey, I remember that sig with a ninja render. I never knew it started out with a Power Ranger. These take me back man, those were some good times.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Venire, Videre, Vince

Beam, the fact you took time to find something and post it is a nice gesture, I thank you, for the request. For starters the pieces look nice, as you say each piece you did, was an improvement from the previous one made.

K.I.D., still loving that crimson red sig you did for Beam, of death sitting on a throne of skulls with death's face appearing in the center of the sig.

Will be getting PS soon to start messing with it and will eventually get both of your's opinions if I ever do a piece I will share it with you guys for input!

Keep up the good work!

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie

Still the Chocobo

Hey there Beam. Sorry I didn't reply last week, I read your post but didn't have time to reply. I ended up reading through it a few times trying to help me on Saturday. I play FF XIII all day and I came out pretty well. I felled the Gigantuar at 5 stars thanks to the Instant Chain. I tried the Daze strategy as well but that didn't last long. I also finally downed a Adamtoise BUT it was by the thinnest thread and I lived only becuase I used an elixer. Even with 3 Gaian rings, their tough fuckers! I'll have to read that FAQ again and adjust my strategy. Thanks for grabing that and all the help!

After playing all day though and grinding on FF, I cracked and popped in The Last of Us. And now I'm wanting to play that more. I still want to play FF and finish it up, I just think I need a break. Plus I know what will make my job easier in FF that I haven't been doing. I haven't focused on any one weapon for my characters, so their all probaly doing less damage than they should be at this point of the endgame. I focused more and getting everybodies weapons to Tier 2 and not on having a solid weapon that their actually using.

While MMOs sound good in theory everytime I see one, I like you, just cannot fathom paying monthly for a game to play. It seems silly and I agree, I would feel like I'm blowing money when I'm not playing it. That's why I love FF XII so much, MMO without the fee. Just need MP support.

Also that Power Rangers is
    Currently Playing:
    Zombie Tycoon 2
    Brainhov's Revenge

Nothing is true,
    everything is permitted.

Flashy Avatar by K.I.D
    Beautiful Signature by Beam & K.I.D

If I could, I would GLOW

Fight Off Your Demons

@WIZ- I actually enjoyed looking through my old files. It was a nice trip down memory lane. Made me miss my showcase a bit though. Good luck with PS. It's definitely a learning curve when you first start it, as it's not nearly as user friendly as GIMP. Let me know if you have any questions though, I'd be glad to help you get used to the program.

@HOG- No worries mate. I haven't been really been on as much myself, been working nights. I managed to get around to starting your sig though, so you can expect that soon. And by soon for me and Kid that means sometime within the next 2 weeks or so

I can understand taking a break with FFXIII. I ended up putting the game down for about 6 months before I finally went back and got my plat. It's especially understandable when you have a good Naughty Dog game to play.

FFXIV really has me tempted to start playing a MMO, even though I only played it for 2 days. The beta will resume this weekend though, so I'll be putting more hours into it. I just know if I do, and I only put 3 hours into it for a week I'll feel like I wasted the money and feel guilty. I hate feeling like I need to play a game for X amount of hours to get my moneys worth, rather than taking my time and playing when I feel like it.

Still the Chocobo

@HOG- No worries mate. I haven't been really been on as much myself, been working nights. I managed to get around to starting your sig though, so you can expect that soon. And by soon for me and Kid that means sometime within the next 2 weeks or so

I can understand taking a break with FFXIII. I ended up putting the game down for about 6 months before I finally went back and got my plat. It's especially understandable when you have a good Naughty Dog game to play.

FFXIV really has me tempted to start playing a MMO, even though I only played it for 2 days. The beta will resume this weekend though, so I'll be putting more hours into it. I just know if I do, and I only put 3 hours into it for a week I'll feel like I wasted the money and feel guilty. I hate feeling like I need to play a game for X amount of hours to get my moneys worth, rather than taking my time and playing when I feel like it.
    Yeah a break was needed. After awhile it gets tedious and I don't want to "work" playing my game. I still want to get it all done though as I've never gotten "100%" on any FF game. Yeah and The Last of Us was a major distraction. Although felling an Adamtoise is encouraging to get back out there. I have a day off soon, maybe I'll just smoke, blast some tunes, and go at it.

I totally get where you coming from with MMOs. I've always wanted to commit to one and hey maybe even pay monthly for it. Like you though, I feel like I'm obliged to play that game because I pay so much for it. I'm glad your enjoying FFXIV but I understand your feelings on the fees. There are a bunch of MMOs coming out for the PS3 & PS4 that look great but I just don't know how I feel about paying for any of them.

Ah and take your time with the sig. Make sure to have fun with it. I'm in no rush.
    Currently Playing:
    Zombie Tycoon 2
    Brainhov's Revenge

Nothing is true,
    everything is permitted.

Flashy Avatar by K.I.D
    Beautiful Signature by Beam & K.I.D

If I could, I would GLOW

Forget I Was Ever Here

Hey Beam NC huh some good fishing out there I hear…Nice platinums also by the way I'm jealous of that Batman just because i can't seem to get those challenges done not like i tried hard but still.

It is time for me to go underground

Venire, Videre, Vince

The avy + sig combo for HOG came out nicely done!

Way to go!

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie

Fight Off Your Demons

Quote Originally Posted by Hall_Of_Game View Post
    Yeah a break was needed. After awhile it gets tedious and I don't want to "work" playing my game. I still want to get it all done though as I've never gotten "100%" on any FF game. Yeah and The Last of Us was a major distraction. Although felling an Adamtoise is encouraging to get back out there. I have a day off soon, maybe I'll just smoke, blast some tunes, and go at it.

I totally get where you coming from with MMOs. I've always wanted to commit to one and hey maybe even pay monthly for it. Like you though, I feel like I'm obliged to play that game because I pay so much for it. I'm glad your enjoying FFXIV but I understand your feelings on the fees. There are a bunch of MMOs coming out for the PS3 & PS4 that look great but I just don't know how I feel about paying for any of them.

Ah and take your time with the sig. Make sure to have fun with it. I'm in no rush.
    Yeah, that can be encouraging, and then you'll take down 30 of them and start to get bored lol. Take your time with it though, the game isn't going anywhere and the strategies aren't changing. Just make sure you're still having fun, that's the important part.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    Hey Beam NC huh some good fishing out there I hear…Nice platinums also by the way I'm jealous of that Batman just because i can't seem to get those challenges done not like i tried hard but still.
    I wouldn't know, I've never been fishing out here lol. Thanks, don't go for them anymore, but I enjoyed them while I did. Batman isn't too hard, if you just keep going for them, the combat will just "click" for you and you'll fly past them. Everyone I know has said the same thing, they struggled to get the timing, then out of nowhere they just mastered it and everything came together.

Quote Originally Posted by xEl_Cidx View Post
    The avy + sig combo for HOG came out nicely done!

Way to go!
    Thanks mate, I had fun making it, and I'm glad it turned out nice.

Venire, Videre, Vince

Beam, stopping by to pay a visit my friend!

You mentioned that you like the White Album from the Beatles so here you go a nice tune for you to listen as you sit back and chillax! LOL

Keep up the good work!

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie

Fight Off Your Demons

Been a bit, thanks for stopping by Wiz

Haven't played too much, so nothing really to update. So I'll just leave you with this amazing cover.

Retired...

I am gonna pass you soon in plat totals.

Signature made by dsluckay & PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

Venire, Videre, Vince

Wiz, stopping by for yet another cl visit bro! I know u not gaming as before but here I leave you with another tune from the Beatles White Album bro one of your fav albums!

Keep up the good work!

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910