Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Beam's Lazy Checklist

This is a discussion on Beam's Lazy Checklist within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by Beam The cutscene to start chapter 12 is AWESOME. Glad you liked that team too. They are ...

Still the Chocobo

Quote Originally Posted by Beam View Post
    The cutscene to start chapter 12 is AWESOME. Glad you liked that team too. They are good for a while, but somewhere in chapter 12 or 13 there's better teams. I'm not a fan of Hope though, so that limits what I use lol. Good luck with the rest of the story, if you need any tips let me know. Keep me updated too, I enjoy playing vicariously through you lol.
    I believe your talking about when all 6 burst into the middle of a race in Eden all using their Eidolions(sp?) when returning to Cocoon. That and when they "dive" to Gran Pulse have been my favorite scenes so far. It was pretty epic though. Got me pumped up and ready to fight through PSICOM.

Anyway, I'm just plugging towards Orphan at this point. Dysley mocked us again and I'm getting closer and closer to te end. The battles are all of a sudden difficult again, well just the dual Behemoth fights.

I'm rocking Vanille (with Malboro Wand, so debuffs like butta), Lightning, and Hope. He got haste and that helps a lot when I need to be a little defensive & offensive. I miss using Fang though so I may figure out a team with her eventually. So far though, I haven't hit anything impossible so I must have leveled enough back down on Pulse. Every character is pretty effective in their "main" roles.
    Currently Playing:
    Zombie Tycoon 2
    Brainhov's Revenge

Nothing is true,
    everything is permitted.

Flashy Avatar by K.I.D
    Beautiful Signature by Beam & K.I.D

If I could, I would GLOW

Venire, Videre, Vince

Beam, I commented on the sig + avy you and K.I.D. did for spanishstoat, go read it at his cl, sorry but ALL I GOTTA SAY IS MAD PROPS man good job. a

Good work,

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol

Still the Chocobo

Quote Originally Posted by xEl_Cidx View Post
    Beam, I commented on the sig + avy you and K.I.D. did for spanishstoat, go read it at his cl, sorry but ALL I GOTTA SAY IS MAD PROPS man good job. a

Good work,
    I have to agree with Cid. Great job.

I'm in Orphan's Cradle now and coming to the end it seems. Things got a little tough, so I went back to the super team Vanille, Light, and Sazh. I just unlocked Lightning's special move (I guess) Army of One and it's really cool. Can't wait to see the others specials.
    Currently Playing:
    Zombie Tycoon 2
    Brainhov's Revenge

Nothing is true,
    everything is permitted.

Flashy Avatar by K.I.D

If I could, I would GLOW

Fight Off Your Demons

I really can't take much credit for it, I just did a few final touches to the sig. Kid really did 90% of the work, and did a great job on it. I appreciate the comments though guys

@HOG- If you want to use Fang, I'd suggest Light, Fang, and Hope. Fang and Hope should have most of the good skills that used to be exclusive to Vanille and Sazh, but they have higher ATK and MAG stats. They have a pretty well rounded paradigm set too, the only thing you're missing is tri-disaster (RAV/RAV/RAV). Army of One is great for boosting the chain gauge, especially if you use it during a stagger. Sounds like you're progressing very well. You'll be finished with the story in no time

Venire, Videre, Vince

As always man nicely done a 1-2 hit combo K.I.Dand you!

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie

Still the Chocobo

I really can't take much credit for it, I just did a few final touches to the sig. Kid really did 90% of the work, and did a great job on it. I appreciate the comments though guys

@HOG- If you want to use Fang, I'd suggest Light, Fang, and Hope. Fang and Hope should have most of the good skills that used to be exclusive to Vanille and Sazh, but they have higher ATK and MAG stats. They have a pretty well rounded paradigm set too, the only thing you're missing is tri-disaster (RAV/RAV/RAV). Army of One is great for boosting the chain gauge, especially if you use it during a stagger. Sounds like you're progressing very well. You'll be finished with the story in no time
    NP Great work.

I like the sound of that team. I think that's what I played when I first got to Gran Pulse. I like Fang and Lightning fighting together for some reason.

As Light, Vanille, & Sazh, I kind of got Orphan going but he pulled that "instant" kill move on us when I hadn't healed. Normally it had just dropped us all to 1 HP but I had so little it just wiped us out. So I know to keep my hp up as much as possible for the next try. Otherwise is was switching steady back and forth between off and def. Hopefully I can pull it off right tonight. Thanks for the help as always.
    Currently Playing:
    Zombie Tycoon 2
    Brainhov's Revenge

Nothing is true,
    everything is permitted.

Flashy Avatar by K.I.D

If I could, I would GLOW

Fight Off Your Demons

Quote Originally Posted by Hall_Of_Game View Post
    NP Great work.

I like the sound of that team. I think that's what I played when I first got to Gran Pulse. I like Fang and Lightning fighting together for some reason.

As Light, Vanille, & Sazh, I kind of got Orphan going but he pulled that "instant" kill move on us when I hadn't healed. Normally it had just dropped us all to 1 HP but I had so little it just wiped us out. So I know to keep my hp up as much as possible for the next try. Otherwise is was switching steady back and forth between off and def. Hopefully I can pull it off right tonight. Thanks for the help as always.
    Yeah, Lightning and Fang together are always a pretty strong team. In the end game when everyone is maxed, unless I need someone for a particular fight I usually use all 3 girls. Definitely not the best team available, but by far my favorite.

Chances are, that attack actually did bring you down to 1 health, but your leader had poison on them, thus killing them right after the attack was finished. It's impossible for that move to kill you. One way to avoid that happening, as soon as you see the name of the attack on screen (can't remember what it's called), if you switch to a paradigm with at least one SEN real quick, it'll negate some of the damage for you. If you end up going for Light, Fang, Hope, chances are that paradigm will be MED/SEN/MED, which will help get you healing right away to help you out further. Keep trying, and I'm sure you'll get through it without much of a problem.

@Wiz- Thanks. I've always been a fan of Kid's work, long before I ever started making sigs on my own. So it's always an honor to work on collabs with him. We have similar tastes, and he is stronger in areas I'm weaker in when in comes to sigs, and vice versa. I think that's why we make some great pieces together. Doing that one brought back a lot of good memories.

Still the Chocobo

Thanks a lot Beam. I took Orphan down with Fang, Vanille, and Hope actually. Trick was to stay green and keep ailments on him. The second form was really nothing. Stagger and kill.

And that was such an epic ending! All in all I liked it a lot.

Now I'm back to C'ieth Stones and leveling up. I can really take anything back down on Gran Pulse now. Only the REALLY giant turtles still kill me in one shot. I probaly have to max out to even fight one.

Thanks for your help Beam.
    Currently Playing:
    Zombie Tycoon 2
    Brainhov's Revenge

Nothing is true,
    everything is permitted.

Flashy Avatar by K.I.D

If I could, I would GLOW

Fight Off Your Demons

Thanks a lot Beam. I took Orphan down with Fang, Vanille, and Hope actually. Trick was to stay green and keep ailments on him. The second form was really nothing. Stagger and kill.

And that was such an epic ending! All in all I liked it a lot.

Now I'm back to C'ieth Stones and leveling up. I can really take anything back down on Gran Pulse now. Only the REALLY giant turtles still kill me in one shot. I probaly have to max out to even fight one.

Thanks for your help Beam.
    Nice job HOG! Yeah, I liked the ending as well. If you like the story, you might want to look into the mythology it was based on. It makes a lot of what the Fal'Cie were doing make a lot more sense.

You'd be surprised when you can start taking down the turtles. Using Vanille or Sazh as your leader, you can take them down now, but to do it efficiently you'll want to get through some missions to get the right accessories. Have you done mission 55 yet? If not, I'd suggest going to that one. You'll get the growth egg, which will double your CP gains, and help you level up a lot faster. It's a REALLY hard fight if you take it on straight up, but there's an easy way to get around it. I'll put it in spoilers in case you wanna go at it on your own.

Toggle Spoiler

Still the Chocobo

Nice job HOG! Yeah, I liked the ending as well. If you like the story, you might want to look into the mythology it was based on. It makes a lot of what the Fal'Cie were doing make a lot more sense.

You'd be surprised when you can start taking down the turtles. Using Vanille or Sazh as your leader, you can take them down now, but to do it efficiently you'll want to get through some missions to get the right accessories. Have you done mission 55 yet? If not, I'd suggest going to that one. You'll get the growth egg, which will double your CP gains, and help you level up a lot faster. It's a REALLY hard fight if you take it on straight up, but there's an easy way to get around it. I'll put it in spoilers in case you wanna go at it on your own.

Toggle Spoiler

Well the story was a tad confusing when I started but as it went on, I understood a lot more (isn't that how every FF is though? ). Also as I complete certain C'ieth stones, I get some Gran Pulse lore from Analects in the Datalouge. THose kind of give off some more lore. I will look deeper though.

Yeah the Amadachields(sp?) fall easily now but I tried the bigger one with horns last night and I could actually survive for about 30 seconds. It's stomps are just too much for now. I'm coming up and everybody's second mastery in the Crystanarium(sp?) so I'm definitey getting there. I saw your post and went on by myself. I failed hard. I tried your strategy and I still failed pretty badly. I'll have to try again soon though as I trained so freaking much yesterday. I went through the Faultwarrens about 5 times and 5 starred a bunch of those. There's a few that I had to turn around for like the Trio of Tonberrys . I'll have to try #55 again now that I've gained a few levels as it would be much easier once my characters are maxed out.

I saw my first Tonberry yesterday from one of the missions and my heart sank but they are 10x easier in this FF compared to previous ones. 3 is just too much. lol
    Currently Playing:
    Zombie Tycoon 2
    Brainhov's Revenge

Nothing is true,
    everything is permitted.

Flashy Avatar by K.I.D

If I could, I would GLOW

Fight Off Your Demons

Well the story was a tad confusing when I started but as it went on, I understood a lot more (isn't that how every FF is though? ). Also as I complete certain C'ieth stones, I get some Gran Pulse lore from Analects in the Datalouge. THose kind of give off some more lore. I will look deeper though.

Yeah the Amadachields(sp?) fall easily now but I tried the bigger one with horns last night and I could actually survive for about 30 seconds. It's stomps are just too much for now. I'm coming up and everybody's second mastery in the Crystanarium(sp?) so I'm definitey getting there. I saw your post and went on by myself. I failed hard. I tried your strategy and I still failed pretty badly. I'll have to try again soon though as I trained so freaking much yesterday. I went through the Faultwarrens about 5 times and 5 starred a bunch of those. There's a few that I had to turn around for like the Trio of Tonberrys . I'll have to try #55 again now that I've gained a few levels as it would be much easier once my characters are maxed out.

I saw my first Tonberry yesterday from one of the missions and my heart sank but they are 10x easier in this FF compared to previous ones. 3 is just too much. lol
    Yeah, the baby ones are pretty cake. The adamantortise and adamantoise you need some strategy for though. One hint I'll give you, is their stomps are not only physical, but also earth elemental damage. Oh, and target their legs first. You won't get anywhere going after the head first.

Once you get past the main roles, and start into the secondary roles the Crystarium takes a lot more CP for each node. That's why I suggested mission 55. It takes a bit of luck, but definitely doable at your level. I've done it before leaving chapter 11 before, so I know you can do it now. Just gotta be patient with death. Tonberry's are odd in this game. One is pretty easy, but 3 are hard for a reason. Each time they attack, they get stronger. So their first attacks won't do much, but after a few rounds of attacks they can start killing you in one hit, no matter your level. The faster you take them out, the better off you are.

Still the Chocobo

Yeah, the baby ones are pretty cake. The adamantortise and adamantoise you need some strategy for though. One hint I'll give you, is their stomps are not only physical, but also earth elemental damage. Oh, and target their legs first. You won't get anywhere going after the head first.

Once you get past the main roles, and start into the secondary roles the Crystarium takes a lot more CP for each node. That's why I suggested mission 55. It takes a bit of luck, but definitely doable at your level. I've done it before leaving chapter 11 before, so I know you can do it now. Just gotta be patient with death. Tonberry's are odd in this game. One is pretty easy, but 3 are hard for a reason. Each time they attack, they get stronger. So their first attacks won't do much, but after a few rounds of attacks they can start killing you in one hit, no matter your level. The faster you take them out, the better off you are.
    Alright, well until I get stronger I'll try taking one on with some Earth-Type rings. I've got a few clay and I just got a stronger earth one but I forget it's name. The few seconds I have spent in battle with them, I've gone for the legs. Plus that will stop their stupid stomping I assume. I'll get one soon. I can feel it.

I know, those are so expensive. I think back in Ch 11, I've leveled some extra and ended up getting everyone level 1 in some role for each but I know theres a lot of CP to invest now that the Crystanarium is fully expanded. I'll want to get the Grower's Egg sooner rather than later. I'll have to give your strategy another roll tonight. Back to Oerba I go.

Also, I have a question of components now that I'm at this part of the game where I need to uprage A LOT. I've noticed 2 types of components; Components that in high qaunity, add mutiplyers and Components that have huge amounts of xp but degrade mutiplyers. I've been pumpin weapons/accesories with x3 and then dropping as much xp as I can in one "craft". Is this an efficient way to do this?
    I've gotten a few accesories upraged to the second tiers (ex: Aquabane Brooch to Aqua Earring) and a lot of weapons to their second teirs like this so far but I still have a lot to do.
    Currently Playing:
    Zombie Tycoon 2
    Brainhov's Revenge

Nothing is true,
    everything is permitted.

Flashy Avatar by K.I.D

If I could, I would GLOW

Fight Off Your Demons

You'll want to use earth resistant rings anytime you fight them, even when maxed, and you'll want to max them out all the way. The clay and siltstone rings won't prevent enough damage. You'll probably want to wait on trying against them anyway. You'll also want to wait until you get a genji glove to really start battling them fairly, and a couple other things too. Don't be too impatient to take one down, you'll be fighting them a lot grinding for gil.

Yeah, you're better off using CP in the main roles for now. Getting the last bonuses and accessories, as well as your health taking off. The growth egg, as well as farming turtles will help you max out the secondary roles though, and you'll be farming them for Gil plenty.

That's the most efficient way to do it. The organic components will put up the multiplier, and the inorganic will reduce it but give the exp. So going to x3 then putting in as much at once as you can is a great way. Once you need to start buying components, 36 sturdy bones will give you x3, and buy either superconductors or ultracompact reactors for inorganics. Here's a link to a site that will help you manage how many components you'll need to max things out. It's not perfect, some of the accessories have errors in them so it won't work for them, and it's missing a couple accessories too. All in all though, it's helpful.

Final Fantasy 13 Experience Calculator

Still the Chocobo

You'll want to use earth resistant rings anytime you fight them, even when maxed, and you'll want to max them out all the way. The clay and siltstone rings won't prevent enough damage. You'll probably want to wait on trying against them anyway. You'll also want to wait until you get a genji glove to really start battling them fairly, and a couple other things too. Don't be too impatient to take one down, you'll be fighting them a lot grinding for gil.

Yeah, you're better off using CP in the main roles for now. Getting the last bonuses and accessories, as well as your health taking off. The growth egg, as well as farming turtles will help you max out the secondary roles though, and you'll be farming them for Gil plenty.

That's the most efficient way to do it. The organic components will put up the multiplier, and the inorganic will reduce it but give the exp. So going to x3 then putting in as much at once as you can is a great way. Once you need to start buying components, 36 sturdy bones will give you x3, and buy either superconductors or ultracompact reactors for inorganics. Here's a link to a site that will help you manage how many components you'll need to max things out. It's not perfect, some of the accessories have errors in them so it won't work for them, and it's missing a couple accessories too. All in all though, it's helpful.

Final Fantasy 13 Experience Calculator
    Oh yeah. I've been focusing on each character's 3 main roles first and if I ever ended up with extra, I threw it at a secondary. The HP+s from the last expansion are too good to wait for. I'm at an avg of 15K HP with everyone which makes me feel durable. Not durable enogh yet it seems.

IRONY! I don't have a computer next to me at home. I can try to look at it with my phone though. So while I'm upgrading, I can't really look into it. lol Well thanks anyway and I can study it while I am next to a computer. Plus it's good to know I've been doing efficiently so far.
    Phew, I have a lot of battles ahead of me.

EDIT
    I DID IT All thanks to your strategy! I got myself the Growth Egg AND I took out the Trio of Tonberrys. I'll be leveled in no time.
    Last edited by Hall_Of_Game; 06-11-2013 at 07:45 AM. Reason: I did it.....
    Currently Playing:
    Zombie Tycoon 2
    Brainhov's Revenge

Nothing is true,
    everything is permitted.

Flashy Avatar by K.I.D

If I could, I would GLOW

Venire, Videre, Vince

Stopping by to pay a visit to a good friend!

Can't wait to see what you + K.I.D. are working on for HOG

Keep up the good work + hone your fighting gaming skills! lol

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie

Fight Off Your Demons

Congrats HOG! Glad to see that strategy worked for you. It's been a few days, so I'm sure you're decently strong by now. Sorry that site wasn't much help, but at least you know what you're doing while upgrading so you shouldn't have too much trouble with it.

I have to get started on that. I keep forgetting about it Hopefully I'll have it done in the next day or two.

I just got a FFXIV beta code this morning, so I'm downloading that now. I'll see how bad it is. I'm not a fan of MMOs, so I doubt I'll ever be picking this one up, but it'll be fun to play while I can play it for free.

Still the Chocobo

Yeah, I'm pretty strong now it seems but the marks, of course, got really tough. I cleared the Faultwarrens (5-Stars too) save for Atticus #51, the last titan. I tried the Gigantuar and laughed at myself. B Class my ass.

It's also very nice with the Gowth Egg to forget to use any CP for awhile and come back and 300K sitting there. Thanks for that as leveling would take forever without it.

Really what seems to be my challenge now is components and upgrades. I still have a ways to go for completion. I bought my first of 6 weapons and I need gill so freaking bad now. I estimate a little over a million gil with just buy me the rest of the weapons.

On FF XIV, let us all know how it is. I can't even imagine FF being an MMO. All I think of is FF XII with others controlling the characters. Sounds fun in theory but MMOs are pretty stale IMO as well.

EDIT
    OH and don't worry about the avy/sig. You'll get it together when you do. NO RUSH!
    Currently Playing:
    Zombie Tycoon 2
    Brainhov's Revenge

Nothing is true,
    everything is permitted.

Flashy Avatar by K.I.D

If I could, I would GLOW

Fight Off Your Demons

Atticus isn't too bad, if you have the right skill for Lightning at lower levels, or are maxed out. If you develop Light's SEN role, there is a skill called Elude. Put her in SEN for basically the whole match, and Atticus will rarely hit her. Nimbletoe boots help too. Slow is a major thing that helps a lot with him too. He can get a total of 4 debuffs, and having all 4 on him constantly really helps.

Gigantuar there's really 2 strategies. He can go down ridiculously easy if you figure out his weakness. The first strategy is putting on accessories to get "Random: Instant Chain" on 3 characters, and having a SEN with Pain resistant accessories. This one takes luck, as you need the R:IC to hit quick, and to go all out once it does. The second is by exploiting his weakness to daze. Fang, Snow and Sazh all learn Daze at some point. If you leave one of them in SAB after he's libra'd they'll just continuously spam it. When he's dazed, he won't attack, and physical attacks will do double damage to him. Physical attacks will also take off daze, so you want to make sure you're done attacking before the last daze is cast, and hope it sticks. Otherwise, this battle is a pain in the ass.

You're probably around the point that farming turtles is gonna be more accessible. That's the best way to get Gil to buy components and weapons. Look over this FAQ, it's the best I've found for taking them out on a consistent basis. The videos make it an easy thing to follow.

GameFAQs: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3) Adamantoise/Shaolong Gui Guide by Arthellinus

Venire, Videre, Vince

Beam do you still have your first sig you ever did still? Just curious man!

Hope all is well my friend!

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie

Fight Off Your Demons

My first sig was actually from a GGA battle we did back in the day on here. I have like 5 different versions of it on my computer somewhere, but funny enough I don't think I have the version that I submitted into the battle anymore. It definitely wasn't any good though lol

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast