Page 21 of 53 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

DaRe's Trophy Adventures

This is a discussion on DaRe's Trophy Adventures within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by daftprophet Nice TotM and have fun with Midnight Club DaRe! I had that game for so long ...

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Nice TotM and have fun with Midnight Club DaRe! I had that game for so long back in the day but ended up selling it. It was fun, but the car handling was quite ridiculous.
    Thanks daft!

Some cars were managable, but the faster cars like the Amatura (London Champ's car) and the Zender (World Champ's car) had shitty handling. I like using the first London Police car, because it's fast and the handling is decent. I use the handbrake in turns to save some speed and get out of a turn fast, and that definitely helped me in Career and many other races.

EDIT: 400th reply, and the previous post was post #400!

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

The One and Only

[top]Update June 2, 2012
    Guys, I need help!

I'm losing motivation to getting trophies, and I want to at least get 20 plats before the end of the year. I'm running out of time and the will to get trophies. Does anyone have any tips or advice to help me get through this situation I'm in?

I doubt when the next school year starts I'll have much time to play my games anymore, so I'm trying to get 20 plats by the summer. Maybe I might just throw in the towel now. :/

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Ze Paradox Ninja Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post

[top]Update June 2, 2012
    Guys, I need help!

I'm losing motivation to getting trophies, and I want to at least get 20 plats before the end of the year. I'm running out of time and the will to get trophies. Does anyone have any tips or advice to help me get through this situation I'm in?

I doubt when the next school year starts I'll have much time to play my games anymore, so I'm trying to get 20 plats by the summer. Maybe I might just throw in the towel now. :/
    Wow, I'm not sure how to help you out man, I ran into a little problem with this once, but it just kind of came back to me to start grabbing those platinums after some other gaming and stuff. I wish I could give you some help, but I'm not sure

95.37% Completion

Currently Playing

Sonic Unleashed
    Payday 2

Recently Finished

Call of Duty: Classic
    Crysis 3

Retired

[top]Update June 2, 2012
    Guys, I need help!

Welcome to my world. You'll get the 2 platinums before school season.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    and my world , 1 platinum through six months.

Visit my trophy checklist
    Forum Version

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by hawkiq View Post
    Woah! I think I've gotten 4 this year.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

I think maybe you may have that little bit to much time on your hands and all you can do is play games and the novelty is fast wearing off,correct me if im wrong.So,if that is the case,maybe school would be a good thing as it will give you something else to do and since i can imagine it taking up quite a bit of time,this may make you want to go back to gaming as you will be doing a load of work and have very little time for it.Is it possible to get in a little game time while doing school stuff ? But with regards to an immediate solution,im not so sure man.I think i have the perfect balance with regards to gaming.I have a full time job and a family of my own so i dont get to game often but i get the feeling if i had none of those things id probably be gaming a lot more and then inevitably getting bored of it due to playing to much.Hope you find that spark soon bro

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Platinum Procrastinator

If you're getting burned out from trophies take a break now instead of trying to force it. I've been there many times myself and trying to force myself to earn more never helped. The feeling of wanting to earn more will eventually come back so in the meantime, do something else to relax.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

PRO Member

This is by far the best checklist on the site. You can just tell how much was put into it. Great job Dare, keep up the fantastic work!

Sig by Bladia

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by Blazikiller View Post
    Wow, I'm not sure how to help you out man, I ran into a little problem with this once, but it just kind of came back to me to start grabbing those platinums after some other gaming and stuff. I wish I could give you some help, but I'm not sure
    Thanks anyway Blazi.

I'm sure I will, but right now it's not very likely. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkiq View Post
    Only 1? Go get some more!

Woah! I think I've gotten 4 this year.
    I've only gotten three this year, and those were from a collection.

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    I think maybe you may have that little bit to much time on your hands and all you can do is play games and the novelty is fast wearing off,correct me if im wrong.So,if that is the case,maybe school would be a good thing as it will give you something else to do and since i can imagine it taking up quite a bit of time,this may make you want to go back to gaming as you will be doing a load of work and have very little time for it.Is it possible to get in a little game time while doing school stuff ? But with regards to an immediate solution,im not so sure man.I think i have the perfect balance with regards to gaming.I have a full time job and a family of my own so i dont get to game often but i get the feeling if i had none of those things id probably be gaming a lot more and then inevitably getting bored of it due to playing to much.Hope you find that spark soon bro
    You're probably right john. I can't completely predict the future, but I think school would be good for me to give me the urge to get trophies again, or to simply just play games more. It's mainly this site that's distracting me from trophy hunting right now.

But really I think 6 hours of "free" time a weekday is too much free time, no doubt I'll eventually get bored of having all of that free time (I already am really lol). Thanks for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    If you're getting burned out from trophies take a break now instead of trying to force it. I've been there many times myself and trying to force myself to earn more never helped. The feeling of wanting to earn more will eventually come back so in the meantime, do something else to relax.
    Thanks Dena. I kinda already am taking a break from trophies, but the buzz to earning more just hasn't came back yet. I can still plat Skyrim if I wanted to though, but like I said earlier I want it to be my 20th and I'm one plat short of that goal. Looks like more music making and Midnight Club for me until the buzz comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    This is by far the best checklist on the site. You can just tell how much was put into it. Great job Dare, keep up the fantastic work!
    Thanks for stopping by matt!

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    I got to agree with Matt, with all the revisions you are a prime candidate for Checklist of the Year

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    I got to agree with Matt, with all the revisions you are a prime candidate for Checklist of the Year
    Teh doctor is here!

Thanks mayus, I wouldn't say that my checklist is the best, but maybe unique.

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

PRO Member

If you think you're getting burnt out, take a break. It's supposed to be fun and not a chore.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Level 5 Esper

[top]Update June 2, 2012
    Guys, I need help!

Like many have said, just take a break from trophy hunting. Play something you enjoy for a while or do something outdoors. If this has become a chore for you, you should just pause for a moment and start again when the urge comes springing up again. Trust me, I'm in university right now and even though it's a helluva lot of work, you can still game! Your trophy count would slow to a crawl, but it might still increase!!
    >>>>> New Trophy Case <<<<<

Multiplayer/Old PSN

Currently Playing
    FFX-2 HD Remake (PS3) || Killzone Mercenary (PSV) || Hearthstone (PC)

My Guides

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
    Generator Rex: Agent of Providence

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    If you think you're getting burnt out, take a break. It's supposed to be fun and not a chore.
    I agree, I've had that feeling since late 2011 really, but it didn't get as bad until recently. Maybe the summer might give me a buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost425 View Post
    Like many have said, just take a break from trophy hunting. Play something you enjoy for a while or do something outdoors. If this has become a chore for you, you should just pause for a moment and start again when the urge comes springing up again. Trust me, I'm in university right now and even though it's a helluva lot of work, you can still game! Your trophy count would slow to a crawl, but it might still increase!!
    Thanks. I'm now at the point where I'm no longer worried about trophies, hell I was just playing MC1 again last night.

SIDE: One thing I like about this community is that I can ask for help about anything gaming related and there's some good people here to help. I appreciate that guys.

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

The One and Only

[top]Checklist Update June 6, 2012
    Updated Update History

I added screen caps on Update History of the the top part of DTA v1 and v2. I took these caps long ago, saved on imgur, and now decided to upload them here.

[top]Trophy News

I'm taking a break from trophy hunting. I've been playing Midnight Club 1 and beat it twice (takes 3 hours or less to beat) and unlocked all of the cars. The only thing hard about the game really is keeping up with racers in Career Mode to race them since they don't slow down for you like on Midnight Club 2. Easy, short, addictive, and awesome game. Just like the way it was 8 years ago when I first played it.

I've also been playing LBP2, mostly making songs and listening to them (mostly listening, slowed down my music making pace in late February lol). I've made a lot of albums in this game, and a new one will be done later this month. For those who have LBP2, you can come over to my pod and check it out if you want.

Fallout 3 is on hold because I'm too lazy to continue playing it, lol. Once I start playing it, I get hooked though, so I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as everything I need to do at home is clear.

So guys!!!! How's Dragon's Dogma? I'm thinking about that game.

My updates may be posted before you see the update happen. If this is the case, wait 30 seconds and refresh the page. Gotta add this post's link to the Update History.

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

The One and Only

[top]Checklist Update June 8, 2012
    New tunes added!

My last update was completely ignored.

Anyway I decided to add my iNudge tunes to the checklist, just to add a little more flavor in browsing it. Check them out, it's under the Introduction.

My updates may be posted before you see the update happen. If this is the case, wait 30 seconds and refresh the page. Gotta add this post's link to the Update History.

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Notorious K.I.D.

Nobody dares ignore Dare...
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by kid420247 View Post
    Nobody dares ignore Dare...
    Hey kid, thanks for stopping by. Visitors are always appreciated.

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Resident PHD

Who's ignoring DaRe

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Page 21 of 53 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast