ChecklistAttack

This is a discussion on ChecklistAttack within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; "You're a fucking goober." - Gauss "I wish I could devour your brain with my toenails." - Kiwi About Me ...

Legendary...Nuff Said

ChecklistAttack 2.0

"You're a fucking goober." - Gauss

"I wish I could devour your brain with my toenails." - Kiwi

About Me

Hello, and welcome to my checklist. I'm Jack, your average 14 year-old guy who's actually pretty new to the gaming scene. I didn't really start gaming until I got my PS3 back in late 2009, but since then I've tried out a plethora of great PS3 titles, most of which I've thoroughly enjoyed. Before I got my PS3 I previously owned a PSP, a PS2, the Wii, and a Gameboy; which were mostly used to play sports games on.

As far as more personal things go, I currently live in Chicago and I'm a big fan of different sports, most notably baseball. I'm really focused on enjoying my childhood while it lasts, and doing my best in school. Other than school and sports, I do like hanging out with friends on the weekends (I know, isn't it crazy that I have friends?) and I do like graphic design quite a bit. I've made quite a lot of signatures in my past, although I don't see myself continuing on at the pace I used to be at, especially with school ahead of me. I do also fancy reading, as well as writing, and that's something I want to possibly do for a career once I get to the age where I need to decide what I want to do with my life.

But enough about me, I'm sure you don't really care about my background anyway. What you really want to get to are the games, correct? Well this is a gaming checklist, isn't it? (notice: I didn't say trophy checklist.) So let's get to the games, shall we?

Three's a Crowd

If you know me, then it's likely you also know that I don't give a fuck about trophies or platinums. Personally, I think they're not really worth my time to go for, when all I get in return is a couple pixels on a screen. I like to think of trophies as the icing on the cake of a great game. They don't make me crazy, and I refuse to go hunting for them, but regardless I have found myself earning three platinums over the time I've had my PS3.

Assassin's Creed 2 was a fantastic game. The game was intense and exciting, and the open-world environment is easily the best I've ever played in. Renaissance Italy was the perfect backdrop for the game, and the story was an intriguing tale of vengeance and intrigue, and one that I fell in love with from the start. It's cool to say that this was my first plat, especially since this platinum trophy image looks pretty awesome.

I don't think I've thoroughly enjoyed a game more than I have with Portal 2. The story was full of wit and humor, and the gameplay was mind-bending. Offering up the right amount of challenge, the singleplayer was a joy. Then there was the fantastic cooperative multiplayer, which I've beaten 4 times over. It's a game that never gets old, and never stops being fun and enjoyable.

Ah, Demon's Souls. My favorite game, and for many reasons. The gameplay is so tight, the challenge so intense, and everything is balanced to a point of perfection that only FromSoft could pull it off. A true masterpiece. Despite my earning of this plat being fairly lame, as I did get most of the trophies through the dropping of numerous items, it does not take away that fact that I have enjoyed this game more than any other, and that is saying something.

The Collection

Since I got my PS3 in December of '09, I've picked up some of the best games Sony has had to offer, as well as some mediocre ones. The first game I ever played on the console was Unchated: Drake's Fortune, and since then I've had the pleasure of playing other games such as Demon's Souls, inFamous, Assassin's Creed, and many others.

It was the first game I ever played on the PS3, and it blew me away. After being stuck in past-generation consoles such as the PS2, when I finally loaded up Drake's Fortune the graphics were - and still are - amazing. The gameplay was fun and intense, with a little bit of tedious work having to be put into the gun fights. The story reminded me of Indiana Jones, which is one of my favorite movie series of all time, and the plot was helped along by the phenomenal voice acting. You could saying I spoiled myself by playing this game first, as after that it felt like no game could live up to it... Turns out I was wrong.

As a fan of super heroes when I was growing up, Batman was always my favorite. So when I heard that Arkham Asylum was going to be released for the PS3, I wondered if it would end up being any good. Generally superhero games suck, so I was cautious to go out and get it. Eventually, I gave in and picked it up, and never once did I regret that decision. I loved this game, and how it actually made you feel like you were Batman himself. The combat was fierce and the stealth sections were awesome. The graphics and atmosphere were top-notch, and the voice acting was superb thanks to Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill reprising their roles as Batman the The Joker from the animated series. The story kept me hooked, even though the ending was a bit disappointing. Still, it's a fantastic game that everybody should play.

inFamous was the first open-world game I had ever played start-to-finish, and goddamn was it awesome. I had always wanted to play a superhero games where you actually had to make decisions that superheroes would make, and inFamous made my wish come true. The gameplay was kick-ass, the story is one of the best I've ever experienced. There are a few blemishes on this otherwise masterpiece of a game, but the good far outweighs the bad. Even though it's been nearly 2 years since I originally played inFamous, it's still one of my favorite games on the console to date.

I'm not a hockey fan, but for some reason I really loved NHL 10. Maybe it's because the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup that season, but I spent countless hours playing this game, decking people into the boards, making saves, and shooting goals.The My Player mode here is addicting and fun, and the graphics were and still are the best I've seen in a sports game.

ModNation Racers was a disappointing game. It had so much hype revolving around it, but it just couldn't live up to it. While some things such as the creation tools and presentation were great, things such as the long load times, tedious race objectives, and all-around meh gameplay brought it down.

The Prince of Persia was just about as forgettable as the Sands the game's story revolved around. The game did do a lot of things right; the combat was slick and wall-walking never gets old, but the story just couldn't hold its own. This is a game that, while nothing is outrageously horrible, is still nothing I will remember playing a few years down the line.

La créme de la créme of the action-adventure genre. Among Thieves was a game that was easy to sink your teeth into, and I enjoyed every bit of it. The story, the characters, the gameplay, and my god the graphics were just amazing. A full experience, with a solid multiplayer to top it all off. This is the supreme Uncharted experience.

I like football, this is a good football game. Hooray! In all honesty, the Madden franchise is just about as bad as CoD in regards to not wanting to change anything, but I can always rely on Madden as a good time with buddies.

LittleBigPlanet wasn't really a game I ever got to fully experience. I played a few levels with my younger sis, and I liked what I played. It was fun, quirky, and a fantastic platformer with a lot of creativity. It's a game, and a franchise, that was just what Sony needed.

I'm not a fan of FPS, and I never will be. Killzone 2 proved that point to me. I just could not enjoy any part of it. The story was weak, the gameplay felt repetitive, and I couldn't get involved in the multiplayer.

Fallout 3 is a game that I really wanted to love, but just couldn't get into. The story was intriguing, the gameplay was a perfect mix of FPS and RPG, and the game world was full of mystery. It should be right up my alley, but for whatever reason it just wasn't.

The ultimate sports game experience; nothing tops NBA 2K11. Addictive with or without friends, NBA 2K11 was a love letter to basketball fans everywhere. Being able to relive Michael Jordan's greatest moments was amazing, and something I never tired of. Truly outstanding.

Oh, Brotherhood, why did you have to be created? It's as if Ubisoft was all like, "We heard you like the Assassin's Creed trilogy, so we decided to put an Assassin's Creed trilogy in the Assassin's Creed trilogy so you can play a shitty game while you wait for a better one." Seriously, Brotherhood was an insult to Assassin's Creed II, and the fact is is that it just felt like it was created in order to milk the franchise as much as possible.

I like baseball, and every year or two I tell myself, "Heh, the new Show game is coming out, I'm in a really big baseball mood, let's go spend $60 on this game." And then I play it for like 2 hours and never touch it again.

I didn't even enjoy Killzone 2, so why the fuck did I get Killzone 3? Because I'm a moron, that's why.

Dead Space 2 has the perfect balance of scares and action to create a thrilling and atmospheric game that I really enjoyed. The story could have been better, and it's arguable that some believe the game strayed away from the original's horror formula, but I loved this game anyway.

If Noire has one thing going for it, it's uniqueness. Simply put it, there is nothing like L.A. Noire in gaming, period. I felt like an actual detective during 1950s Los Angeles, and even though the game had its faults, there's no denying its greatness.

I was a huge fan of the original inFamous, so it was to my disappointment that I really did not enjoy inFamous 2. The story failed to excite me up until the conclusion, but even then it felt like a giant step back from the epic that was the original. The gameplay was still electrifying, sure, but it just lacked that special something that made me love the first one so much.

Human Revolution is a phenomenal experience. Solid gameplay, a story filled to the brim with intrigue, and a cyberpunk future that made me want to live in its world all combined to make what is one of the best games of 2011.

Ehhhhh, I just really didn't like ICO. It did have that charm and simplicity that many a gamer fell in love with back in 2001, but the gameplay was so shallow and frustrating that it was a chore to play this game.

Shadow of the Colossus is an epic game, there's no denying it. Unique gameplay and a surprisingly touching story created a masterful experience, if not a bit aged.

Lords of Shadow was a good game, but not a great one. It felt like the game borrowed too many aspects from other AAA titles to the point where it no longer felt like a Castlevania experience, but rather it felt like your average hack-and-slash button masher. At least the story was great.

While not as good as its predecessor, Dark Souls has thoroughly succeeded in addicting me to it. While it really just felt like a Demon's Souls 2.0 with a few tweaks, I've put in around 300 or so enjoyable hours into this game, its PvP, and much more. You simply cannot ask for more than that as a gamer.

The game that single handedly made me hate Naughty Dog (until The Last of Us came along). Uncharted 3 was an absolute insult to the Uncharted series. The campaign lasted like 6 hours, half of which were spent on some ship that had absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the story, which by the way was extremely flat because once again, we fought stupid monsters in search of a stupid city for some stupid reason. Fucking stupid.

Arkham City is what a sequel should be. A serious improvement and expansion on the original, Arkham City was a quality game, though it wasn't the god-of-a-game that many praised it as. A thoroughly enjoyable experience nonetheless.

I've yet to really get into BioShock. I played through the first area, and I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, the story is just awesome, and Rapture is by far the best setting for a game I've played. Now that said, I just wasn't enjoying the gameplay. The controls felt wonky and even though the plasmids were badass, the FPS gameplay felt a little flat, though it was unique. I will hopefully finish this one up at a later date.

Golden Abyss successfully shrunk down the Uncharted experience onto a handheld, and proved that the Vita would be a force to be reckoned with. There were little gimmicks, such as having to use the touch screen more often than I would have liked, that I really disliked, but overall it was Uncharted on my Vita, and that's exactly what I wanted.

A quirky, creative little game that I fell in love with. Escape Plan is a puzzle platformer that, despite being a PSN Vita exclusive, is actually one of the best games the system has to offer.

10 years from now, I can promise you, I will still be revisiting Skyrim. It's that good. There's just so much to do here that it literally has endless replay value. And when developing your character's stats is just as fun as doing quests, you know that Bethesda has created a gem here. I've put around 100 hours into Skyrim, and I don't want to stop dumping my time into its world.

PS3T & Moi

I was alone. No friends, a few enemies, and one helluva hunch that ached to tell me that something would change.

I walked the busy streets of Playstation.com forums, many a member surrounded me, many a troll hoarded me, yet I still felt separated. These streets were not my home.

I laid back in my chair, resting after a case well solved, the thread effectively closed thanks to my efforts. Without a moment's notice, the door to my office barged open and another detective strolled in; galant yet modest with his strides. Without even the hint of a word out of his mouth, he tipped his fedora, slid a card across my desk, and walked out.

Perplexed, I lifted up the card, only to see the most beautiful thing my eyes had ever laid upon. In my hands was a trophy card, an invitation to what might very well be a true home.

So I ran. Away from the streets of Playstation.com, and to the curious little town of PS3Trophies.com. What a sight to see. Skyscrapers broke through the clouds effortlessly, while down below crime ravaged the streets. It was truly breath taking.

But I needed to start anew. I ditched my old ragged clothes and bought new ones, along with the signature fedora of a man who wants business. I went under the pseudonym of JackAttack, and started on my way. The people were welcoming, the threads were full of brilliant posts, the city was well-run, and crime was stomped on by the men in green.

I took a slow, long drag on my cigar. "I had made it," I told myself. "I had made it home."

It feels like I'm on this site all the time. I've been a proud member of the community since May 3rd of 2010, but all of my shit was erased because of Zero Hour, so it feels like all of my accomplishments have just vanished into midair. Nevertheless, the real reason I stick around this place is because of the members here. Most everyone is nice, friendly, and always willing to help each other out. The ChatBox is a fun place to get to know everybody, and it's led to a couple laugh out loud moments.

I'm also a proud member of the Game Review Team. Writing reviews has always been something I've enjoyed, and I'm honored to be on the team.

Apart from that, I've been making forum signatures for about a year and a half. Before the site was wiped, I had numerous threads for shops, showcases, and just general GFX threads to bring the artistic community together, but now all that stands in The Gift Corner. Nevertheless, making sigs is something I've really enjoyed, even though I rarely do it anymore. You can check out my work at my deviantART page.

Shoutouts

Oh here we go, my big chance to go all lovey dovey. This is just a short selection of users on here I'd like to recognize for helping me in some way since I've been on the site. Please excuse me if I've left anyone out, and realize that just because you might not be on this list doesn't mean I don't appreciate you for whatever it is you do.

Hitman: Probably my best friend on the site. We really bonded over playing Demon's Souls together, which was definitely a fun (and difficult) experience. What else can a say, a true gentlemen if there ever was one.

LeeMcD: Lee was the one who really pushed me to get into sig making, and his contributions to the artistic inspiration are plentiful. An all-around nice guy and good member.

Ramon: Ramon is like a brother figure to me on the site. No secrets are held back between us, and we both goof around at times, as well as bicker once every so often. Another person I'm just really close to here.

connman88: Conn here is a great guy. We goof around with each other, but we're at the point in friendship where you can insult your friend and not have them get mad at you. Originally becoming close with one-another when Conn was getting excited about making YouTube gaming videos with me, he ended up being successful on his own, but our friendship still remains.

Gauss: The level of intellect Gauss has demands respect. He's a great person, a great guy to work under, and someone who I truly look up to.

Compalicious: Comp is a great mod and one who is fair and impartial. On a personal level, Comp has done a lot for me, too much to name specifically. Just know that you're appreciated, Comp!

Nagflar: Me and Nag don't always get along too well (either that or he has a lot of his "humorous posts" directed at me), but I have the utmost respect for Nag, even if I don't always show it.

A_FlyingMegaKiwi: Kiwi is the silliest, goofiest, and funniest person on the forums. He also currently resides up my ass; isn't that just wonderful?

And that's all there is, folks. Hope you enjoyed reading through my checklist.

Last edited by JackAttack; 06-23-2012 at 06:48 AM.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Can't wait to see what the rest looks like. You made an amazing checklist before - and didn't completely base it off your plats either.

Local Drunk

Nice checklist, nice change of pace focusing on the games rather than the platinums. You've got some awesome games.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Well I finally decided to finish and re-do my checklist. Hooray! I may or may not add some extra things to flesh it out a bit, such as links to related threads for each game and whatnot, but that may come later. Right now, I suppose I'm looking for feedback, ideas, etc. So discuss!

The One and Only

Nice start on the ChecklistAttack Jack, I really dig it. Nothing over the top, it's very well organized, and it's fairly easy to load for a checklist.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

PRO Member

I like it. I like that you talk about all your games and not just the plats you have. Very unique and a really good read, Jack. Keep it up!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Legendary...Nuff Said

So I've grown extremely tired of the games I've been playing lately. I can fuck around in Skyrim, or PvP in Dark Souls all I want, but things just get stale. So I've resorted to going back and playing/re-trying out some of my other games.

I played Batman: Arkham City the other day, and cleaned up some side missions. My time with the game this time around actually was a lot more enjoyable than when I originally played through what felt like a rushed storyline. Things felt relaxed as I explored the city and hunted down Zsasz, and I also found some cool easter eggs and got some more upgrades. The easter eggs were actually super awesome. I love little hints like that if the devs choose to put them in the game.

However, I decided to instead pop in my copy of Fallout 3 today. As I said above in the checklist, I really didn't like Fallout 3 when I originally played it. Well guess what, I played it today, pretty much nonstop, for about 7 hours, and I loved every second of it. I decided to start over and make a new character. Turns out he's a badass Lincoln's Repeater-wielding awesome guy. I REALLY like how I've built the character, and now that I've reached minor-level badassery, it's cool exploring the Wastes and hunting down enemies when I know I can kill them. The story is still annoying the living fuck out of me (I've yet to find my dad, despite being set on like 3-4 missions to do so. It's turning into an annoying game of cat and mouse. :/) but whatever, I can deal for the time being. The gameplay is just superb and I look forward to finishing the game (and its DLC) sooner rather than later.

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    So I've grown extremely tired of the games I've been playing lately. I can fuck around in Skyrim, or PvP in Dark Souls all I want, but things just get stale. So I've resorted to going back and playing/re-trying out some of my other games.

I played Batman: Arkham City the other day, and cleaned up some side missions. My time with the game this time around actually was a lot more enjoyable than when I originally played through what felt like a rushed storyline. Things felt relaxed as I explored the city and hunted down Zsasz, and I also found some cool easter eggs and got some more upgrades. The easter eggs were actually super awesome. I love little hints like that if the devs choose to put them in the game.

However, I decided to instead pop in my copy of Fallout 3 today. As I said above in the checklist, I really didn't like Fallout 3 when I originally played it. Well guess what, I played it today, pretty much nonstop, for about 7 hours, and I loved every second of it. I decided to start over and make a new character. Turns out he's a badass Lincoln's Repeater-wielding awesome guy. I REALLY like how I've built the character, and now that I've reached minor-level badassery, it's cool exploring the Wastes and hunting down enemies when I know I can kill them. The story is still annoying the living fuck out of me (I've yet to find my dad, despite being set on like 3-4 missions to do so. It's turning into an annoying game of cat and mouse. :/) but whatever, I can deal for the time being. The gameplay is just superb and I look forward to finishing the game (and its DLC) sooner rather than later.
    Haha, nice work with Fallout 3. You get sucked into it mindlessly, and it becomes addictive. Lincoln's Repeater is by far my favorite gun in the game, it just has the classic rifle feel that makes you feel like a badass. Don't worry about finding your Dad, the quest where you do find him is the best in the game and is just an awesome experience all around. The DLC is great in Fallout 3 as well, the variety is well balanced. Broken Steel is the best though in my opinion

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    Haha, nice work with Fallout 3. You get sucked into it mindlessly, and it becomes addictive. Lincoln's Repeater is by far my favorite gun in the game, it just has the classic rifle feel that makes you feel like a badass. Don't worry about finding your Dad, the quest where you do find him is the best in the game and is just an awesome experience all around. The DLC is great in Fallout 3 as well, the variety is well balanced. Broken Steel is the best though in my opinion
    Lol yeah, the story is definitely taking a backseat to the gameplay here.

I'm one of those guys that gets REALLY into the types of weaponry in games and such. I was a 'sword-nut' in Skyrim, hunting for the best possible weapons for my one-handed play-style (ended up duel-wielding a Legendary Chillrend and Flawless Dawnbreaker) and now Fallout 3 is turning me into a gun-nut. I want to find all of the badass weapons and use them. Lincoln's Repeater is awesome (especially because I've currently been leveling Small Guns religiously; I'm at like level 7 and already have the skill at around 85) and I can't wait until I get my Energy Weapons skill up, probably to around 75 or so depending on what else I want to level, so that I can use things like the Wazer Wifle, Alien Blaster, Gauss Rifle, etc. Y'know, all of the most badass stuff.

Anyone have any recommendations on armor, and where to find them? I'm currently still using the Armored Vault Tech Jumpsuit that Moira gave me at the beginning. :/

#cutformesa

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Anyone have any recommendations on armor, and where to find them? I'm currently still using the Armored Vault Tech Jumpsuit that Moira gave me at the beginning. :/
    You'll get some nice power armour, well to be more accurate some nice power armour training, shortly after finding your dad.If you hsve the goty edition then there's one dlc thst will reward you with some amazing power armour that never degrades and iirc you can wear it with no training

- PS3T OG -
    All Hail The Eyepat
    "If I find out that LeeMcD slags my good name off to anyone else I will personally track him down and teach the little puff a lesson." - LEE200

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by LeeMcD View Post
    You'll get some nice power armour, well to be more accurate some nice power armour training, shortly after finding your dad.If you hsve the goty edition then there's one dlc thst will reward you with some amazing power armour that never degrades and iirc you can wear it with no training
    Yup, I played another 5 hours of Fallout 3 today. Tranquility Lane was devilishly fascinating, though I also completed the Waters of Life quest, as well as the Replicated Man side quest so that I could get A3-21's Plasma Rifle, which is uber-badass. I'm working on bringing my Energy Weapons skill up (it went from 18 to 50 today) to increase the damage done with it. I'm currently about midway through level 9, and probably about halfway through the main story missions. Afterwards I'll tackle all of the DLC and then probably do some of the side quests as well. I'm not looking to go for the plat, but this is a game that has SO much replay value, and I'm really liking it, so why not enjoy it?

Anywho, for all of the FO3 vets out there, I'll be discussing my thoughts on the story in spoilers. If you have not played FO3, then DO NOT CLICK ON THE SPOILER.

Toggle Spoiler

Harvester of Souls

No shoutout for me??? Lord Nero ??? >:F >:F >:F *Invades soul* I'll show you bastard!!

Nice checklist btw .

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by NeroRadec707 View Post
    No shoutout for me??? Lord Nero ??? >:F >:F >:F *Invades soul* I'll show you bastard!!

Nice checklist btw .
    Lol, it was basically a copy/pasta of my old checklist's shoutouts, so there's definitely some more members that should be added.

On that note, I haven't updated this in quite a while since I actually forgot it was here. Will get to updating it ASAP.

#cutformesa

Gheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

Lvl 6 - Silver

checklists are mainly about games and trophies what u think of them and what memories u had while playing them however with 3 platinums only and a couple more games on ur checklist i actually enjoyed reading it especailly the part concerning PS3T & Moi great checklist hope to see more stuff coming ahead keep it up m8 great job

Toggle Spoiler

For me trophies have become an integral part of gaming, like a stereo in a car. Is it really necessary? No. Is it a lot more fun with it though? Hell yeah!

quoted by Robinworldwide

PRO Member

I really like the layout

It's nice to see that you focused on the experience and not so much the trophies. Well done

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

PRO Member

Nice CL very tidy and well designed..keep up the good work.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Oh geez, I tried to forget about this damn thing lol.

Appreciate the comments (Fuck you, Curb ).

Basically, checklists have always been difficult for me to keep track of since they need to constantly be updated. I'll see what I can do, this thing needs a massive update as it is.