Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Outstandind's 2013 trophy list

This is a discussion on Outstandind's 2013 trophy list within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Painkiller eewwww RPGS....

Lvl 7 - Gold

Painkiller

eewwww RPGS.

Latest : #112 / RAYMAN: Origins [VITA]

PRO Member

lol

I'll let you know when it arrives. I've played a little bit of the original game on xbox and it was pretty interesting. Everyone seems to suck its dick for having strange weapons like a shuriken + lightning gun or whatever but imo it was just an average game with some cool throwbacks to older FPS games but some really bad design choices in terms of story, boss fights and certain game mechanics.

Looking at trailers it seems that none of this has been fixed, but the core gameplay is solid enough to warrant a playthrough (since the game is only ~$30).

The entire game can be played through cooperatively if you'd like to join me? Should be a lot of fun if you're up for it.

PRO Member

looks like I may have missed the boat to pre-order a PS4.

Oh well, might just pick up an xb1.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    looks like I may have missed the boat to pre-order a PS4.

Oh well, might just pick up an xb1.
    what do you mean?

I won't be buying any new games [apart from pre-orders] until like September, so can't really coop.

PRO Member

Seems like game stores are selling out as far as pre-orders for launch day are concerned. I don't know. Guess I'll have to have a look around if I don't want to miss out.

Synthwave <3

Seems like game stores are selling out as far as pre-orders for launch day are concerned. I don't know. Guess I'll have to have a look around if I don't want to miss out.
    I have been reading about this and am not sure if I should be worried or not. We haven't pre-ordered our PS4's yet bc we were planning to wait and see if they release some bundles. Now I'm starting to think that we should pre-order or we might miss out.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

PRO Member

Depends on where you live. I know that some stores in my area are definitely out. They're still taking orders but you're unlikely to get it on launch.

Synthwave <3

Depends on where you live. I know that some stores in my area are definitely out. They're still taking orders but you're unlikely to get it on launch.
    What area do you live in? I guess I might have to go ahead and pre-order, but if they come out with bundles then maybe I'll cancel and get one of those.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

PRO Member

I live in Australia.

Lvl 7 - Gold

My local eb is fine, looks like they are fully stocked.

PRO Member

EB is still taking preorders but they're saying that you won't be guaranteed one at launch. Kinda defeats the purpose... Still, I've found a store that apparently hasn't started taking preorders yet lol, so I'll just grab one of those once they get their stuff together.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I'll ask next time i'm there. I'm sure i can make some sort of deal

Synthwave <3

I live in Australia.
    Oh okay cool, I had no idea. Hopefully they will still be in stock here in the U.S. where I am. I planned on pre-ordering from Best Buy. Hopefully they won't go out of stock.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

Lvl 7 - Gold

1,500 next gen consoles are being pre-ordered every minute.

Holy fuckity fuck.

PRO Member

That's certainly a fair few consoles. Wow.

~1400 are PS4's?

PRO Member

Painkiller: Hell and Damnation arrived today and to my surprise it turned out to be a pretty extensive collectors edition of the game. I must have a bad memory lol, totally thought I'd simply purchased the standard version of the game.

Opened up the box and take a look at this, you get:

- The game
    - The soundtrack (CD)
    - a 75 page art book!
    - 2 mini posters featuring artwork of what I assume are bosses from the game
    - 2 postcards featuring slightly different artwork of those same two bosses from the game
    - some stickers (lol)
    - A companion booklet for the soundtrack detailing the lyrics from every song (much needed since who can understand any of that screamo stuff anyway?)
    - plus 'the making of' dvd for the game

All for $35. That's pretty damn awesome!

Lvl 7 - Gold

That is a pretty awesome deal

PRO Member

Tried Painkiller. Turns out it's more like an updated version of the original title, (oddly) with a new story mixed in.

After playing the tutorial and first 2 levels I've noticed a couple of differences and similarities with the first game:

Similarities:
    Level design appears to be exactly the same -> excluding weapons and enemy types. I've played these maps before! What the hell!

Differences:
    - You start off with a new weapon. Instead of the standard, ammo-less knife-laser gunthing, you now have the saw-blade shooting, green laser firing gun. It makes a significant difference in your initial play style but it's still all FPS combat. Nice change of pace imo.

- Monsters look much nicer, and there seem to be new enemy types that I don't recognise from the first game. Don't really want to spoil because it does have a huge impact on the vibe on this game as you encounter these twisted enemy variations, but functionally so far they don't seem too different.

- Looks like there a new mini-bosses. At the end of the level I came across a giant with a ton of HP. He came after me while a swarm of smaller enemies tried to lock me into the corners andstuff. Was pretty cool -> don't recognise it from the first game but 100% sure about this guy tbh.

- Perks? Complete certain challenges within a level and you unlock a tarot card. You can activate these during a stage and they'll grant you perks like 'haste', which slows down the world around you by 50%. Cool, but not really sure how to use them just yet. You can carry 5 to a stage but they can only be activated by pushing square? Will have to see if I can cycle through them somehow once I unlock some more.

- AWESOME CGI sequences that contrast heavily with the rest of the game because they almost serve no purpose... I would LOVE to have seen some of the stuff from the intro translated into real gameplay. Oh well.

- New story! Paradoxically, a whole new story even though your stages are exactly the same as the first game! It's interesting I guess. You sided with one part of hell in the first game and they didn't give you what you want... so now it's time to try the other side! Good luck!

---

tl;dr: seems like solid fps gameplay but too soon to tell. The Online coop this time around is going to be a huge selling point imo. afaik you get the whole campaign in coop, PLUS an additional coop campaign to play through. Nice!

PRO Member

That's a pretty nice price for a collectors edition.

By the way I just found this, in case you still want to preorder a PS4. PlayStation 4 launch day bundles back in stock at Amazon - Gematsu

PRO Member

Thanks Annare. Unfortunately we don't really have an AU amazon site.

Love the prices you guys get though lol. The barebones version of the console over here is $550. You guys get the console plus the launch title of your choosing for $450 apparently.. according to the link anyway.

Nonetheless! I have already put an order down for a console so it's no longer a problem. Thanks for stopping by!
    Last edited by Outstandind; 07-27-2013 at 11:56 AM.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast