Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Outstandind's 2013 trophy list

This is a discussion on Outstandind's 2013 trophy list within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by Outstandind Thanks Annare. Unfortunately we don't really have an AU amazon site. Love the prices you guys ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    Thanks Annare. Unfortunately we don't really have an AU amazon site.

Love the prices you guys get though lol. The barebones version of the console over here is $550. You guys the console plus the launch title of your choosing for $450 apparently.. according to the link anyway.

Nonetheless! I have already put an order down for a console so it's no longer a problem. Thanks for stopping by!
    Apparently, the pre-order will come with a launch title. I won't mind that, as long as it isn't KNACK.

Latest : #112 / RAYMAN: Origins [VITA]

PRO Member

I'm looking forward to Knack actually. Seems like it will be similar to stuff like Sly, Jak and Daxter, etc.

Definitely targets a slightly younger audience than your killzones and your watch dogs but that doesn't mean it can't be enjoyed

What I'm really interested to see is the way they handle the detail that goes into hundreds/thousands of objects flying around and assimilating into the main character. If nothing else Knack is going to serve as a wonderful little tech demo.

Then again I may just be over-hyping it. I'm really excited for the potential of the new generation consoles. Fingers crossed

PRO Member

NEW PLATINUM TROPHY

Time & Eternity!!

This was an odd game to play through. Thought it was an RPG when I first bought it - and it kinda is - but it happened to be very different from your typical turn-based jRPG. I would almost describe this game as a visual novel with random battles that centre around the idea of timing your attacks to minimise damage taken and maximise damage dished out.

Absolutely destroyed in the reviews. Almost every review I've seen thought this thing was a piece of shit. It was certainly developed on a tight budget but it has a lot to offer towards a light-hearted, fun RPG experience - provided that you enjoy the humor.

I happened to enjoy it quite a bit so I'll give it a 6.5/10. Worth a play if you want something light and easy.

Trophies aren't too bad. Definitely some boring ones and I was also stuck on the final boss for hours (new game+) because I was too underleveled to survive his undodgeable ultimate attack (took 0 dmg on every other move though lol (total bs)). Took about 40 hours or so I guess. I'm not really keeping track anymore.

----

Next up: Hoping to get involved in some coop gameplay with a friend in Painkiller plus I picked up a copy of Doom 3. That'll probably do for the FPS genre for quite a while. Weighing up whether to get Deadpool, Dynasty Warriors 8 or Saint's Row IV next. Or maybe even Superfrog HD. Who knows?

Lvl 7 - Gold

NEW PLATINUM TROPHY

Time & Eternity!!

This was an odd game to play through. Thought it was an RPG when I first bought it - and it kinda is - but it happened to be very different from your typical turn-based jRPG. I would almost describe this game as a visual novel with random battles that centre around the idea of timing your attacks to minimise damage taken and maximise damage dished out.

Absolutely destroyed in the reviews. Almost every review I've seen thought this thing was a piece of shit. It was certainly developed on a tight budget but it has a lot to offer towards a light-hearted, fun RPG experience - provided that you enjoy the humor.

I happened to enjoy it quite a bit so I'll give it a 6.5/10. Worth a play if you want something light and easy.

Trophies aren't too bad. Definitely some boring ones and I was also stuck on the final boss for hours (new game+) because I was too underleveled to survive his undodgeable ultimate attack (took 0 dmg on every other move though lol (total bs)). Took about 40 hours or so I guess. I'm not really keeping track anymore.

----

Next up: Hoping to get involved in some coop gameplay with a friend in Painkiller plus I picked up a copy of Doom 3. That'll probably do for the FPS genre for quite a while. Weighing up whether to get Deadpool, Dynasty Warriors 8 or Saint's Row IV next. Or maybe even Superfrog HD. Who knows?

PAYDAY 2 and SR4 is up for me next.

PRO Member

Good choices.

Now that I've started to play a little bit more Doom and my friend still has to order Painkiller it's probably going to take me a good long while before it's time for a new game. If that's the case I may look into getting Rayman Legends first. One of my most anticipated games of the year. Had a hell of a good time beating Origins late last year.

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on the new platinum man

PRO Member

Congrats on your latest Plat pal, to be honest I had never heard of the game before lol.

PRO Member

Thanks everyone.

@annare41: I don't blame you. Even for a jRPG fan it's a very easy one to miss. The big draw for me was that the characters, enemies etc. were fully hand-drawn and animated 2D sprites. They look awesome but unfortunately there are just too many other problems with the game. I don't know if I can necessarily fault them for cutting a lot of corners though.. video games are very expensive to make, and to their credit they nailed the gameplay and dialogue for the most part.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Congrats on the new Platinum! I've seen that game around before, it seemed kind of interesting.

PRO Member

It is kind of interesting.

Unfortunately it just won't be able to satisfy most jrpg gamers. Very, very niche title. I'm really looking forward to both The Witch and the Hundred Knights & The Guided Fate: Paradox both coming out in September. Definitely check them out on youtube or whatever if you get the chance. From what I can tell they're very unknown at this point and the genre needs all the support we can give it..

Lvl 2 - Bronze

It is kind of interesting.

Unfortunately it just won't be able to satisfy most jrpg gamers. Very, very niche title. I'm really looking forward to both The Witch and the Hundred Knights & The Guided Fate: Paradox both coming out in September. Definitely check them out on youtube or whatever if you get the chance. From what I can tell they're very unknown at this point and the genre needs all the support we can give it..
    Sounds like it. I'll look into it and keep an eye out for sure!

PRO Member

Ok, just beat Doom 1 (part of the Doom 3: BFG Edition) and collected all of the trophies for the game.

I was required to do the following:

1. Beat all levels on Ultra-Violence difficulty
    2. Complete any one level on Nightmare (insanely difficult, no way imo that you could beat the entire game on this difficulty. it's basically just there to fuck you )
    3. Complete any one level with 100% kills, items and secrets collected.

Just felt I should update my progress since this feels like one hell of a long platinum. I have one trophy left on Doom 2 and that involves beating the first 'Episode' on Ultra-violence, and that's looking to be about 40 levels since the developers crammed 4/5s of the game into a single episode.. Anyway, that'll take a hell of a long time to do since I'm only halfway on an easier difficulty atm and these levels are long and quite tough to beat (though I'm definitely improving).

After that I'll have to tackle Doom 3 itself. Played it a little bit on the original xbox but never beat the game. Should be interesting to finally do so.

Anyway! That's that. Making progress slowly but surely.

PRO Member

Added a progress tab to the CL showcasing everybody's progress this month. Congratulations to Strangegenius, only 2 platinum trophies to go til he hits the 30 mark.

PRO Member

Good luck with Doom, it does look like a hard game.

PRO Member

It's not too bad but I kinda cheated lol. Constant saving/loading until I beat a level .

Is it possible to do the whole game in one go, legit? Absolutely. But I'm not about to play and replay 40 levels in a row to keep a good stream of weapons going (since you reset to pistol after each death). Ammunition is so, so valuable in Ultra-violence.

I can see myself coming back to doom 1 & 2 long after the plat just to master it properly but there is just so much content to these two games... I've just about had my fill.

---

Also started on Doom 3 btw. Completely different style and as a fan of survival horror type games, I have to say they kinda missed the mark for me with this one. You don't often see a FPS survival horror but there are some really good ones out there that blow this one out of the water imo. Nonetheless I appreciate the effort the Doom team put into mixing things up. A solid effort.

PRO Member

Ok, managed to beat Doom II last night on Ultra-violence, so I have every single trophy for that one.

It's finally time to dive head first into the Doom 3 campaign. Playing through on 'normal' since I want a break from the hard stuff (Doom 1 + 2 ) and I kinda just want to enjoy the story and atmosphere of the game without having to worry about the trophies, which means I won't be picking up the collectibles this run either.

As for Painkiller... I'm doing ok. Beat the first boss which was a struggle since I had to figure out his unusual attack patterns on a difficulty where a couple of hits are enough to kill you. Trophies don't look too hard but a lot of them are had to do on a 'blind' playthrough of the game. You see you need to unlock 'tarot cards' by completing certain challenges, which unlocks a trophy for each one, but it's hard to say 'find all secret rooms' when you just want to get on with the game!

Anyway just thought I'd let everybody know what's up. Thanks for stopping by!
    Last edited by Outstandind; 09-02-2013 at 09:59 PM.

PRO Member

Just testing a signature out. edit: nope, don't like it.

edit number 2: okay, that'll do!

what do you think guys?

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Congrats on your progress with the Doom games man, well done. I remember playing some of the original one's and thought they were pretty good but shooters don't interest me anymore. But it seems your having a blast so nice one.

With regards to your sig space, I don't know if it's my crap phone but it's all the way to the right. Otherwise, It's a great idea. Keep up the great work man

PRO Member

Yeah I get what you mean. Seems like the market is flooded with shooters these days so it was refreshing to jump into Doom 1 and 2 with their nice retro feel and all that.

And yeah the sig is all the way to the right on purpose No idea how it looks on a phone but the idea was to push it to the side so that it doesn't get in the way of the actual post. I don't know, I think it works quite well.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I am at 30 platinums btw , should get another one tomorrow though, yay

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast