Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Outstandind's 2013 trophy list

This is a discussion on Outstandind's 2013 trophy list within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; I think the sig suits you, looks very you haha. It does look better on the right side than in ...

PRO Member

I think the sig suits you, looks very you haha. It does look better on the right side than in the left IMO.

PRO Member

Thanks annare. I don't usually use sigs but I like the way the way this one turned out. It's a nice way to celebrate my trophy progress.

PRO Member

So close, yet so far.

I have just one trophy left before I receive the Painkiller platinum trophy and it's a multiplayer one. Trouble is, when we went to finish it off my friends PS3 actually broke down. I'll be waiting til he gets it repaired before I have another go. Luckily this particular trophy is very easy to do as long as you have 3 people to do it with.

So, I'll be moving on to other games. Getting sick of Doom 3 at the moment and two new games happened to arrive on Friday: Rayman Legends and Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix. Doom 3 has not yet been dropped, but I'll be playing RL and KH primarily for the next couple of weeks. Rayman Legends is a hell of a lot of fun and if you are at all into 2D platformers, check this one out. They put a ton of effort into this game and it paid off immensely. Highly recommend.

---

If anyone wants to add me for Rayman Legends trophies that would be awesome. Thanks for stopping by everyone.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Best of luck with the mp trophy mate, I hope you and your mates get it sorted out soon. And I think I'l look into these Rayman games . I remember the old Rayman games and I did enjoy them. Keep up the great work dude

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

PRO Member

I'd start with Origins if I were you. The vita version is really good if you have one. Honestly it's the best 2d platformer I have ever played - you're going to love it!

I'm not too worried about Painkiller atm. Would have been really nice to have the plat by now but it's very easy to do. Only a matter of time.

I've taken a shot at doing a proper review for it, too. Will be posting it in a couple of days. I've done little reviews for games earlier in the year but this is my first solid attempt at a 'professional' review of the game. Would be cool to get some feedback so be sure to check it out over the next few days.

PRO Member

Decided to stop by your checklist. It's got an interesting style with some good Platinums as well.
    I'll soon be renting Time and Eternity myself (Gamefly is shipping it my way), so your thoughts were interesting. It sounds like fun (and the fact that critics hate it makes me like it even more).
    Good luck on your Platinum journeys!

Avy and 10K Checklist Elite Bar by DaRe

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

PRO Member

Lol. A very minimalist style at the moment.

May add some new content to the checklist later down the track, even if it's just revisiting this years platinums and giving each game a score.

---

Glad to see another person willing to give Time and Eternity a go. Hope you like it but it's really not for everyone. If you're definitely going for the platinum trophy it's probably best to get Toki/Towa's meals as you go along. Once you start receiving them back at home, do 4 sidequests, rush back, save and then reload until you get the one you want. As long as you're proactive it's very doable to make sure you get every item on every 'love' tier. For some reason I think the guide said to leave it til your second playthrough... no point imo.

PRO Member

;o

GTA V is sold out on ozgameshop.

And they're next batch are US versions of the game (means I wouldn't be able to use any DLC).

Looks like I may have to buy locally then

What's with all these awesome games coming out at the same time, anyway? Pace yourselves, Game Industry, god damn.

PRO Member

Painkiller: Hell and Damnation Review

First of all, this is a review of the game intended for newcomers to Painkiller. I have absolutely no idea how this compares to the original.

Painkiller: Hell and Damnation is a kind of a HD remaster of the first game, with similar levels yet a completely different story. I know that some levels appear to be ripped from the first game (based on my extremely hazy memory of the first few stages), yet some appear to be either missing, or slightly different. For a newcomer, the only thing you need to know is that the story carries on directly from the first game. The hero is trapped in Purgatory and is soon approached by some shady characters with the promise of being reunited with his wife in exchange for ‘a legion’ of souls. So off you go!

Gameplay
    Each level has you visit an entirely unique location. They don’t really follow on at all and that’s totally cool. You might be in train station on one stage, followed by a swamp stage or a medieval castle the next. Many of these stages give off a fantastic vibe and are a pleasure to explore.
    For the combat, think of it as a Doom-style game on easy mode. There’s a pretty big emphasis on strafing/dodging large numbers of opponents but luckily most of them are actually melee-only. Very, very easy to dodge on their own but there’s plenty of them and they’ll swarm you pretty quickly if you’re not careful with your surroundings.

The weapons are pretty interesting. Each one includes two modes of fire and often a third, combination attack. The Soul Catcher for example fires saw blades in primary fire, leeches souls slowly with secondary fire, and if you’ve drained enough of them, you can combine the secondary fire with a saw blade to actually enslave up to 3 enemies and turn them on the rest of the group. Most of the guns are fun to experiment with and there’s some really cool designs. The game might be easy enough, but it’s an absolute pleasure to play (and a lovely change of pace from the real Doom which I’m also playing at the moment).

Finally, you’ve got your Black Tarot cards. These are unlocked during the game by completing random goals like ‘kill all enemies’, ‘beat the stage in 7 minutes’ or ‘find all secret areas’. These cards offer you power ups to carry through to any other stage of your choosing, at the cost of a few coins (never an issue). You can carry three gold (active) cards and two silver (passive cards), and they’ll get you through any tough spot in the game if you equip the right ones. These cards include things like increased damage, slow motion, and increased fire rate. Fun to use.

Story
    Not much of one. Occasionally you’ll get a cutscene interaction between characters but they never really tell you who the hell these characters are… apparently they were in the first game so we don’t get any introductions. You’ve got the Demon King dude who is offering to trade your wife for 7000 souls, and Eve, who basically just warns you not to trust the Demon King dude. Really nothing fancy going on here storywise.

Music
    Heavy metal, baby. Not for everyone. They have some really good tracks on a couple of stages but mostly it’s just background noise. Nothing memorable. Gives off good vibes at times so they win points for that.

Graphics
    Nothing stellar, but it looks great for a HD remaster of an original xbox game. There are some issues with graphics pop in with background details and stuff but not a big deal – your focus is going to be on the enemies right in front of you 99% of the time, and they look perfectly fine.

Trophies
    These can make or break a game for us, right? There are some shitty trophies lists out there in the world right now and this is one of them… Remember all the interesting weapons I talked about in the gameplay section? Well fuck that, friends. You need 6,666 stake gun kills to get the platinum. Slowest, least accurate gun in the game. Better get to work!
    On the plus side there are some fun ones related to tarot card requirements, difficulty modes and secrets. You’re also looking at an ‘Ultra Rare’ platinum too, and they’re always fun to have.
    There are also 2 multiplayer trophies. Very easy, but you’re going to need 3 people to pull it off.

Recommendation
    Pick this up if you’re looking for a fun, light-hearted FPS game. It’s pretty inexpensive, launching at less than full retail price, and I think you’re going to have fun with it if you play it for that reason. If you’re playing for the trophies… there’s quite a lot of grinding for an FPS and it will try to sap the fun out of it for you with those crazy stake gun kills. If you have the patience it’s a nice one to have… Up to you to decide what you want to do. I’m giving the game a 7/10, which is exactly what you want from a HD remaster.

Venire, Videre, Vince

Decent review of the game Outstandind, and Congrats on the Time and Eternity

How you liking GTA V so far?

This so far is the longest time you have kept your current avy dude + the tulip for your PSN one!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112