View Poll Results: What new features/improvements/expansions would you like to see?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trophy Difficulty/Enjoyment Ratings on Platinums

2 66.67%
  • Easiest/Hardest/Most Fun Trophies on Platinums

2 66.67%
  • List of all my Trophy-Enabled Games

0 0%
  • Expanded Platinum Descriptions

0 0%
  • Expanded Platinum Wishlist Descriptions

0 0%
  • Expanded PSN 100% Club Section

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Icebrand1270's NEW humble trophy chceklist.

This is a discussion on Icebrand1270's NEW humble trophy chceklist. within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Man you have a healthy back log right there man.Thats more than what i own altogether lol.You are spoilt for ...

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Man you have a healthy back log right there man.Thats more than what i own altogether lol.You are spoilt for choice there dude but im sure you will pick a good one.You also sound like your enjoying your gaming to which is good to hear mate,keep up the good work

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Congrats on Costume Quest 100% and have fun with SotC!
    Thank you! I am enjoying Shadow of the Colussus immensely. Now if I could only remember to dodge those fireballs...

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    Man you have a healthy back log right there man.Thats more than what i own altogether lol.You are spoilt for choice there dude but im sure you will pick a good one.You also sound like your enjoying your gaming to which is good to hear mate,keep up the good work
    Thank you! I enjoy quite the variety of games as I've said many times. We'll see what my next move among my games, bought and rented, is.
    Stats are updated (1 from The Walking Dead, 3 from Shadow of the Colussus) and reflect that I've reached 3,800 trophies! I look back sometimes on my trophy history and I can't believe how far I've come! Wow!

Avy and 10K Checklist Elite Bar by DaRe

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

PRO Member

Stats are updated.
    I'm now 10 away from a Shadow of the Colussus Platinum! (It would have been 9 but I screwed up on the ending and missed the Resistance trophy. Oh well.) I know the road will be long and difficult (hard difficulty, time attacks and collectibles all stand in my way, among others) but I'm looking forward to the challenge! I'll probably mix some ICO in as well (it's crying, "What about me? I'm on the same disc, you know!").
    I sent back Rune Factory (starting over broke my heart) and we'll see what Gamefly sends me in its place. New stuff coming soon. Enjoy, everyone!

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

PRO Member

Hello again my friends!
    Stats are updated (3 from Outland, a PSN Plus item for me).
    I've been giving some serious thought after a few recent flops, bad breaks and near-misses about my next move in the PS3 trophy hunting world. I came to the conclusion that I'd like to set a personal best for Platinums in 1 year (I had 7 last year) and have fun at the same time. I have 5 so far and I'll likely get one from WWE '13, given my track record. So, I asked myself, "What other Platinums do I want in my collection?"
    One of the conclusions that I came to was Dragon Age Origins. I played it the day it came out, November 3, 2009, and went back to it many times until I finally bought a digital copy on PSN so I would never trade it again. I'm 4 away from Platinum, all "evil route" trophies: Sacreligious, Recruiter, A Dark Promise and Perfectionist. With some of the toughest trophies out of the way (Blight-Queller, Traveller, Heavy Hitter), I know I can do it if I just put my nose to the grindstone and focus on it.
    So the plan is to focus on Dragon age Origins, mixing other stuff when I need a break. Hopefully I'll have the Platinum before the month is through.

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Hello again. Ststa are updated.
    My progress on trophies may be slow for a while. I sent my Gamefly rentals back and next week I meet my baby niece for the first time! My family and I must get the place ready for the arrival of my future sister-in-law and niece, obviously. My trophies will pick up again next month, to be sure. I'll still be here when I can.
    Enjoy the checklist in the meantime. I might add new stuff soon!

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Hello everyone! I've updated the stats (8 from Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One, the last of my PSN Plus freebies for now) and added WWE '13 to Games I Hope to Play and Platinum.
    Gamefly is sending me Game of Thrones! A game that combines old-school RPG of turn-based tactics with a new-school look and story, Game of Thrones is known for being tough and is hated on by many who wanted it to be an Action RPG instead of a Turn-Based RPG. Lucky for me, Turn-Based RPGs are right up my alley, as they have been since my youth. I'm looking forward to the challenge and we'll see how I handle the tough and tricky trophies of the game. It should be an interesting ride, don't you think?

Theodore Roosevelt.

Platinum Procrastinator

Out of curiosity, have you watched the HBO Game of Thrones series? Right now its my favorite show on television followed closely by Breaking Bad. If the game is half as good as the show I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Out of curiosity, have you watched the HBO Game of Thrones series? Right now its my favorite show on television followed closely by Breaking Bad. If the game is half as good as the show I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
    Sadly, I don't watch much TV or even get HBO (my family and I don't have that premium channel) but I keep hearing good things about the series, so maybe I'll get the DVD collection sometime.
    That said, I'm told the game runs a story that is parallel to some major events from the book that the TV show is based on. The combat is said to be similar to Dragon Age: Origins, although not as polished, so that's up my alley already. The game was slammed by critics and gamers who didn't like the fact that it was a Turn-Based RPG (as I've said, everything's either "innovative" or "last-gen" to a lot of gamers and critics) but as evidenced by my Platinum record (Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Dragon Age 2, X-Men Destiny) and Platinum wishlist (Alpha Protocol, Venetica) I couldn't care less about that.
    That said, Game of Thrones shares one thing with its fellow games published by Atlus (Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Catherine, 3D Dot Game Heroes): it's tough as nails. I've seen the Platinum Club on this site alone: 19 out of 105, and the gamer in the 50 spot had less than 10 out of 51 trophies! This won't be a walk in the park but if I can pull it off it will be very prestigious, to be certain. We'll see how far I get soon enough.

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

I've updated the list with updated stats and removal of 2 items from the Platinum Wishlist (Sonic Generations and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One).
    Stats reflect that I've reached Level 21! Yahoo!
    Enjoy, everyone!

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Stats are updated, as is the Platinum Wishlist (Just Cause 2 out, Game of Thrones in).
    I've started Game of Thrones and I'm enjoying the story immensely. I can also say that the game is every bit as tough as they say. So far, I'm doing okay with 11 trophies down and 39 to go.
    We'll see what Gamefly sends me in place of ICO and Shadow of the Colussus Collection in a day or two. In the meantime, I may experiment with changes to the checklist. We'll see!
    Last edited by Icebrand1270; 08-24-2012 at 12:15 AM.

Theodore Roosevelt.

Platinum Procrastinator

Well it sounds like you're making good progress on Game of Thrones and its nice that you're enjoying it. That will be an awesome plat to add to your collection.

Good luck in going for the plat in GoT if you decide to that is.Seeing as though you are enjoying it immensely as you say and its not that easy do you think you will stick at it ?

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Send A Friend Request!

Nice checklist you got going on man!

How'd you find all the WWE games? I found them all to be really good but what's your opinion about them?

Signature And Avatar Made By Kid420247

Member Of Perfect Platinum Streak
    Current Game - Batman Arkham City Game Of The Year Edition

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Well it sounds like you're making good progress on Game of Thrones and its nice that you're enjoying it. That will be an awesome plat to add to your collection.
    Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    Good luck in going for the plat in GoT if you decide to that is.Seeing as though you are enjoying it immensely as you say and its not that easy do you think you will stick at it ?
    Thanks Denaratuck and John3007! Very valid point as I'm not known as a "finisher" (20 for 144 on Platinum games, don't remind me), but even though Game of Thrones is a very tough game, it has such a great story that I want to see it through. That's always been the lure of the RPG genre for me. Now, the questions are: how bigger will my bald spot be and how many neighbors will I wake up with my victory roar when the job is done?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarine View Post
    Nice checklist you got going on man!

How'd you find all the WWE games? I found them all to be really good but what's your opinion about them?
    Thank you Marine! My views on the WWE games are obviously different than most as I'm in the wrestling industry myself but I enjoyed them all. This is the time for WWE videogames, NOT the past like all the critics would have you believe. I just hope that WWE '13 focuses on everything, not just the Attitude Era-based story mode we're hearing rumors about. Balance is key for me here.

Stats are updated with 3 more trophies from Game of Thrones. 14 down, 36 to go. I've had to start over more than once due to incorrect leveling up but I learn from every mistake. The prestige of a rare Platinum drives me forward, as does the desire to have a Platinum that will make people stop and take notice of my list. I know I have some good Platinums but this rare Platinum from Game of Thrones would be a "crown jewel" in my collection. It's a risk, but it will be well worth it if I succeed.
    Now I've got one question for Game of Thrones: watcha gonna do when Icebrand1270 Platinums you?

Theodore Roosevelt.

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by Icebrand1270 View Post
    Now, the questions are: how bigger will my bald spot be and how many neighbors will I wake up with my victory roar when the job is done?

Now I've got one question for Game of Thrones: watcha gonna do when Icebrand1270 Platinums you?
    Hahaha very well put. You deserve some rep for that my friend.

PRO Member

Stats are updated and I've added a "Most Recent Trophy Earned" to each game in my Platinum Wishlist.
    On a side note, thank you for the rep, Denaratuck! Who would have guessed that I would get mileage off a joke impersonating Hulk Hogan? What a crazy world!
    Game of Thrones watch: 15 down, 35 to go.
    Gamefly has confirmed that they are sending me Afrika! A game about a wildlife photographer in Africa, it is considered boring by many critics and gamers who love only gore and excessive violence. As for me, I will consider it a good counterpart to Game of Thrones due to the fact that I will find it relaxing. How well will I do? We'll see soon enough!
    Enjoy my updated checklist, everyone!

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Nice checklist and best of luck with the up and coming platinum hunts.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by drjackel666 View Post
    Nice checklist and best of luck with the up and coming platinum hunts.
    Thank you drjackel666! I will probably shout "Yes!" much like your pixelated image of Daniel Bryan when the next Platinum is earned.
    Stats are updated with 5 more from Game of Thrones, meaning it's 20 down and 30 to go to attain Platinum. The march to Platinum continues to be a long but fruitful one for me. All that believe I can finally get a rare and prestigious Platinum (and all that do not) motivate me to see this through.

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Minor stat update is up (1 from Foosball 2012). Unfortunately, I hit a major snag with Game of Thrones: my save data corrupted when the game froze while saving! I was able to continue to Chapter 8 but eventually erased the save after I got a Game Over message when I won a battle so that I would avoid further glitching on that file. I still wish to Platinum the game, which is why this hurts so much. I may take a couple of days to calm myself and get back into the game. It's not the end, but I need time to get over this.

Theodore Roosevelt.

Quote Originally Posted by Icebrand1270 View Post
    Minor stat update is up (1 from Foosball 2012). Unfortunately, I hit a major snag with Game of Thrones: my save data corrupted when the game froze while saving! I was able to continue to Chapter 8 but eventually erased the save after I got a Game Over message when I won a battle so that I would avoid further glitching on that file. I still wish to Platinum the game, which is why this hurts so much. I may take a couple of days to calm myself and get back into the game. It's not the end, but I need time to get over this.
    That is the ultimate in shitness right there mate and im sorry to hear that.I know you said you liked the game and hopefully that will still make you want to go back to it and plat the game but if you dont after whats happend,i for one wouldnt blame you.Good luck either way mate

Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast