View Poll Results: What new features/improvements/expansions would you like to see?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trophy Difficulty/Enjoyment Ratings on Platinums

2 66.67%
  • Easiest/Hardest/Most Fun Trophies on Platinums

2 66.67%
  • List of all my Trophy-Enabled Games

0 0%
  • Expanded Platinum Descriptions

0 0%
  • Expanded Platinum Wishlist Descriptions

0 0%
  • Expanded PSN 100% Club Section

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Icebrand1270's NEW humble trophy chceklist.

This is a discussion on Icebrand1270's NEW humble trophy chceklist. within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Hello again. Stats are updated. I'm thinking that a break from trophy hunting might be in order. Last month's surge ...

PRO Member

Hello again. Stats are updated.
    I'm thinking that a break from trophy hunting might be in order. Last month's surge in trophies has me a little worn out, so I might rest, help promote the next show I'm on and use my Gamefly rentals to take a trip down Memory Lane. Time will tell.
    Last edited by Icebrand1270; 10-08-2012 at 06:40 AM.

Avy by DaRe
    Ribbon by Beam

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

xbox420

Get some rest then. Relaxation is key

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Yeah i agree with with daft here mate. I'm not surprised you feel that way after all your gaming as you do seem to do an awful lot of it and break could just be what the doctor or daft in this case ordered lol. All the best man

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    Yeah i agree with with daft here mate. I'm not surprised you feel that way after all your gaming as you do seem to do an awful lot of it and break could just be what the doctor or daft in this case ordered lol. All the best man
    Thanks everyone. I get worn from time to time and after not feeling well this past summer, I'm trying to get back into the swing of things in time for my next show. After resting for most of today, I thought about my trophy hunting and where it's going.
    I like trophies and I always will. That said, I'm not known as a "finisher" with only 21 out of 148 possible Platinums. It normally doesn't bother me as I like to sample a bit of every genre but there are a few pieces of "unfinished business" that I would like to Platinum, such as Dragon Age Origins and Infamous. I also talked with a good friend who hunts trophies (but sadly never accepts my invite to this site) and he believes I should try to "close the deal" more often. Considering there is not much that I want in games this holiday season (only WWE '13, Mass Effect Trilogy and Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale), trying to do that is a good idea, as opposed to going for 100 trophies every month.
    With that in mind, I was pleased to see that Gamefly is sending me Monopoly Streets! I'm 3 away from Platinum on this title and I have loved Monopoly from my childhood. Although I have never won a match online on this, I'll do my best to try to earn this Platinum and have fun at the same time. Hopefully, my mind will be ready for Dragon Age Origins and Infamous by then.
    In the meantime, I updated my stats (I'm still enjoying Saints Row: The Third) and made some minor changes to the checklist (adding the name of each Platinum I have earned). Knowing me, I'll be "back in the game" sooner rather than later.

Avy by DaRe
    Ribbon by Beam

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Hello again everyone! I said I'd be "back in the game" soon, and so it goes!
    Stats are updated, earning trophies from Saints Row: The Third, The King of Fighters XIII (US PSN Plus freebie) and The Revenge of Shinobi (on sale for US PSN Plus members for 1 dollar). I'm now 20 away from a Saints Row: The Third Platinum and I'm enjoying every minute of it as well. I usually don't do well in "open-world sandbox" games (despite having The Godfather II and L.A. Noire Platinums) but this may be an exception to the rule. We'll see.
    I'm debating whether to go for a Saints Row: The Third Platinum first or to concentrate on one of my "near-misses". I own digital copies of Dragon Age Origins and InFamous and am expecting Monopoly Streets on rental from Gamefly soon. Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Avy by DaRe
    Ribbon by Beam

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Hello my friends! Here I am, updating agsin!
    Stats are updated. I sent Saints Row: The Third back to Gamefly (after unlocking immunities to damage, I got bored quickly). I got Monopoly Streets on rental from Gamefly today and earned Next Rung on the Ladder (bankrupting a higher-ranked player, in my first online win no less) as well as Subdivision, leaving just one trophy, Taking Over the World (10 online wins), away from Platinum. Can it be done? Time will tell!

Avy by DaRe
    Ribbon by Beam

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Hello again!
    Stats are updated with a NEW Platinum Trophy: Platinum #22: Monopoly Streets!
    As a lifelong fan of Monopoly I played this game, on and off, since November of 2010. I loved it up until the point of online play where I ran into constant "ragequitters". I eventually had to boost Taking Over the World (10 online wins) just to avoid aggravation. Now, the job is done and I thank my friends for encouraging me to seek more Platinum and my "boosting buddy" (who I'm trying to get to join us but I've been unsuccessful) for helping me get 10 online wins.
    As for "what's next", I really can't say. I have 4,110 trophies now, so I might do more "lighthearted" games (the THQ versions of Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune will be available for rental come next week) until WWE '13 and Mass Effect Trilogy come out. We'll see soon enough!

Avy by DaRe
    Ribbon by Beam

Theodore Roosevelt.

Beast Incarnate

Congratulations on the Monopoly Streets platinum dude

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Congratulations on the Monopoly Streets platinum dude
    Thanks dude! I would have enjoyed it more if it weren't for the online people being babies who can't admit they lost. I normally don't boost but I had no choice in this case.
    That said, I'm debating what to put up on my Gamefly wishlist. I'll buy WWE '13 and Mass Effect Trilogy to be sure, but what will hold me over until then? Old favorites, new sensations, stuff I missed along the way? Hardcore, lighthearted or in-between? We'll see in the coming days!

Avy by DaRe
    Ribbon by Beam

Theodore Roosevelt.

xbox420

Congrats on the new Ice!

|
    djunglist|

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Congrats on your Monopoly plat my friend, well done indeed. And i probably would have been the same as you with regards to online. It's always a massive let down when you play a great game offline and then people ruin the online aspect for you. As i have said before, thats one of the reasons why i try to stay away from online games. Anyways, keep up the great work as ever mate

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

PRO Member

Congrats on the new Ice!
    Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    Congrats on your Monopoly plat my friend, well done indeed. And i probably would have been the same as you with regards to online. It's always a massive let down when you play a great game offline and then people ruin the online aspect for you. As i have said before, thats one of the reasons why i try to stay away from online games. Anyways, keep up the great work as ever mate
    Thank you everyone! You would think that people would take a defeat at Monopoly calmly. Guess not!
    In the meantime, I updated the stats and Gamefly is sending me LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes! I haven't played a LEGO game since my days with a Nintendo DS, so it should be interesting to see how much the games have evolved since then! I'll probably have a ton of fun and stress relief with this great title! We'll see soon enough!

Avy by DaRe
    Ribbon by Beam

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Hello again! I've updated the stats and done a couple of other things to the checklist.
    First, I removed Borderlands from my Platinum Wishlist as a bizarre glitch occured where I beat a side quest but did not get the "Turn In" message, making it impossible to earn Made in New Haven on my current playthrough. Just my (bad) luck.
    Second, I put Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune on my Games I Hope to Play and Platinum list. I have both of these titles high on my Gamefly wishlist as I hope to use these bits of "lighthearted fare" to relax with, given my current state of partial trophy burnout and other things going on in my life right now. Combined with Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes, this should give me plenty of relaxation until WWE '13, Mass Effect Trilogy and Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale come out, where I can return to more "serious" stuff.
    Until next time!

EDIT: I just finished some more "cleanup" on my checklist, removing 5 games from my Platinum Wishlist. I removed Dead Nation, London 2012 and Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls due to losing interest in these games, The Price Is Right Decades due to nobody (even boosters) being online and Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny due to the fact that I would have to start over from the beginning (my last playing of it was on my old PS3). Don't worry; I'm sure the wishlist will be at bursting capacity again soon enough!
    Last edited by Icebrand1270; 10-18-2012 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Update

Avy by DaRe
    Ribbon by Beam

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Hello again, my friends! Stats are updated, as is the Platinum Wishlist with LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes!
    I just got LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes from Gamefly and I already have 12 trophies, meaning 25 to go until Platinum! I also hit 101 trophies this month, making 5 consecutive months with 100 or more trophies for the first time in my career! Wow!
    I'm also expecting Wheel of Fortune from Gamefly any day now, so the potential for a strong finish to October is definitely on the table! Time will tell, I guess!

Avy by DaRe
    Ribbon by Beam

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Hello again everyone! Stats are updated, as is the Platinum Wishlist with Wheel of Fortune!
    Yesterday, September 20, 2012, I set a new personal career high for most trophies in a day with 42 Trophies, beating my old record of 35 from April 1, 2010. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes scored 17 of these trophies and the other 25 came from Wheel of Fortune. What a day it was!
    I now have 141 Trophies so far this month. My personal best was 155, set last month. Can this be toppled? We shall see!

Avy by DaRe
    Ribbon by Beam

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Dude, my mother still out in Staten Island, i use to live with while i got my place togeather....off forest Ave...keep up the good work...
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

xbox420

I believe you can definitely top that! Good luck, Ice and congrats on getting 42 trophies in one day

|
    djunglist|

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eckes13 View Post
    Dude, my mother still out in Staten Island, i use to live with while i got my place togeather....off forest Ave...keep up the good work...
    Thank you! It's always great to talk to a fellow New Yorker! To our wild and crazy city we call home!

I believe you can definitely top that! Good luck, Ice and congrats on getting 42 trophies in one day
    Thank you daftprophet! It's been yet another great month on the PS3!
    Stats are updated and I took LEGO Batman 2 off my Platinum Wishlist as I sent it back to Gamefly (I just wasn't in a grinding mood after the main story, and that's saying something if you know me). I'm now just 6 trophies away from a Wheel of Fortune Platinum and I'm currently #2 on the leaderboard here. To be in the "First 5" for a Platinum on this site would be an absolute thrill, to be sure!
    On another note, this checklist has now reached 5,000 Views! Thank you all for your continued support!

Avy by DaRe
    Ribbon by Beam

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Hello again everyone! Stats are updated and I have added a NEW SECTION: Icebrand1270's Personal Laws of Gaming!
    I'm now 3 trophies away from a Wheel of Fortune Platinum! All I need is Wheel Master!, Fashionista and Instant Millionaire! to score Platinum. I'm currently #4 on the leaderboard here with 1 member having already scored Platinum. Is a "First 5" finish in my future? We'll see!
    Enjoy, everyone!

Avy by DaRe
    Ribbon by Beam

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Best of luck mate.

Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast