View Poll Results: What new features/improvements/expansions would you like to see?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trophy Difficulty/Enjoyment Ratings on Platinums

2 66.67%
  • Easiest/Hardest/Most Fun Trophies on Platinums

2 66.67%
  • List of all my Trophy-Enabled Games

0 0%
  • Expanded Platinum Descriptions

0 0%
  • Expanded Platinum Wishlist Descriptions

0 0%
  • Expanded PSN 100% Club Section

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Icebrand1270's NEW humble trophy chceklist.

This is a discussion on Icebrand1270's NEW humble trophy chceklist. within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Hello everyone! Stats are updated with a NEW PSN 100%: The Cave! What a fun time from Ron Gilbert, legendary ...

PRO Member

Hello everyone! Stats are updated with a NEW PSN 100%: The Cave!
    What a fun time from Ron Gilbert, legendary designer of Maniac Mansion (one of my all-time favorite games) and Tim Schafer's Double Fine Studios. It has great puzzles and humor and is a PlayStation Plus freebie! I love Plus freebies and they are cheaper than DumbBox Live! Anyway, it was a great time!

Amazing Sig and Avy by DaRe

Inactive

Congrats on the new 100%.

| YouTube Channel | GDT Comp Banner by djunglist |

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on the new 100% man

Random Access Memories

Congrats on the new 100%

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qurb View Post
    Congrats on the new 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Congrats on the new 100% man
    Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Congrats on the new 100%
    Thank you all! This PSN 100% means that I have had either a Platinum or PSN 100% every month since July of 2011! WOW!
    Stats are updated as I'm now at 4,983 trophies with 5,000 in my sights. I received Ratchet and Clank HD Collection from Gamefly yesterday and I already have 7 trophies from Ratchet and Clank 1. Between this, Heavy Rain and Devil May Cry HD Collection, 5,000 trophies is DEFINITELY possible before March is through! I suppose I'll find out soon enough!
    I also noticed that it's now been 4 years since my WWE Legends of Wrestlemania Platinum! I can't believe how far I've come at this hobby and pastime of mine! UNBELIEVABLE!

PRO Member

Hello everyone! Stats are up-to-date.
    I got Devil May Cry HD Collection from Gamefly today and, as expected, it hasn't been easy for me, although I got 1 trophy from Devil May Cry hD. We'll see how far I can take it.
    My trophy count stands at 4,990 trophies at this time. All I need is 10 more and the MAJOR milestone of 5,000 trophies comes true! Can it be done by Easter, which is March 31st? Only time will tell!

PRO Member

Hello everyone! Stats are updated, and they present a MAJOR MILESTONE in my trophy-hunting career:
    5,000 TROPHIES!!!

I can't believe I've done it! It's been over 4 years since I started this (12-27-2008, to be exact) and now I have earned 5,000 trophies! WOW!
    Ironically, my 5,000th trophy is No Joke from Devil May Cry 2 HD, so I guess my trophy collection is trying to tell me that I'm good at this. At the risk of sounding like a conceited bleach-blond wrestling villian, I'm kind of a big deal (not that my family cares). I don't know what's next but I think I'll just savor this moment for a bit!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Congrats on reaching the 5000 trophy total, and for having a fairly decent collection of Plats. I'm surprised at the number of titles you're close to platting, yet haven't. Maybe you should revisit the backlog of games for a bit?

Awesome Sig by TheGeneral09
    My Awesome Checklist

A plat a month!

Congrats on #5000!!!!

Inactive

Wooooo, CONGRATS ON THE #5000!

| YouTube Channel | GDT Comp Banner by djunglist |

VitaUnlocked

Congrats on the 5000 trophy mark. Very impressive!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Tonto View Post
    Congrats on reaching the 5000 trophy total, and for having a fairly decent collection of Plats. I'm surprised at the number of titles you're close to platting, yet haven't. Maybe you should revisit the backlog of games for a bit?
    Quote Originally Posted by wandarer View Post
    Congrats on #5000!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Qurb View Post
    Wooooo, CONGRATS ON THE #5000!
    Quote Originally Posted by spanishstoat View Post
    Congrats on the 5000 trophy mark. Very impressive!
    THANK YOU ALL!
    In answer to The_Tonto, the main thing against me as a trophy hunter was always that I'm not a "finisher", as my stats can show you. I'll often try games that I likely have no chance at Platinum because I like to "experiment" with different things. I definitely want to change that this year. Mind you, many of these games on the Platinum Wishlist are games that I've only rented (I haven't played 3D Dot Game Heroes in over 2 years, for example), so it will take time, but it will be done. Indeed, this will be a good time to finish some games as there is not much in the spring lineup of games that excites me (maybe Injustice: Gods Among Us but I don't know much about it, sadly).
    That said, my "top priorities" for Platinum would be:
    1. Dragon Age Origins.
    2. InFamous.
    3. Mass Effect.
    4. Heavy Rain.
    5. Shadow of the Colossus.
    6. Final Fantasy XIII.
    7. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.
    8. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
    9. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.
    10. ICO.

I suppose my path is clear: finish some "unfinished business". Keep in mind that I only own Dragon age Origins, InFamous, Mass Effect and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning at this time, so it may be a while to get the ball rolling. Now that I have the fabled 5,000 trophy mark, I need an impressive Platinum count to go with it!

A plat a month!

How is Dragon Age? I've never touched it and wonder how good it is.

Beast Incarnate

Congratulations on hitting 5,000 trophies man, I'm not a million miles away myself. Now its time to bring up your plat count! Keep up the good work

Lvl 6 - Silver

My advice for tackling those plats would be to break the list into how time consuming and how easy the plats will be. (There's a difference I assure you.)

For instance, finding all the Blast Shards can be tedious and annoying, but thankfully not too hard. The blast shard maps have improved since I first went for the Rockhound trophy on my old profile.

For Heavy Rain, I recommend using Youtube video guides, they're extremely helpful, especially the RoosterTeeth ones.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed can be very hard, especially when playing the game on the hardest difficulty. The most annoying boss on this playthrough has to be the Bull Rancor/Marris Brood combo boss. Also quick pointer, when fighting the Emperor, you can block and then redirect/reflect the lightning back at the Emperor.

My Awesome Checklist

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Congratulations on hitting 5,000 trophies man, I'm not a million miles away myself. Now its time to bring up your plat count! Keep up the good work
    Thank you DragonWolfVII! I'm no oracle but I predict you getting 5,000 sooner rather than later! Indeed, the time has come for me to work on "unfinished business". It is time for a new journey to begin, one filled with Platinum!

Quote Originally Posted by wandarer View Post
    How is Dragon Age? I've never touched it and wonder how good it is.
    Wonder no more, wandarer! Dragon Age was developed by Bioware (the same studio that made Mass Effect) and both Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age 2 are very good. Be warned, the two games are COMPLETELY different, leading to an intense "1 vs 2" debate. The first Dragon Age is a tactical RPG with an epic hero fighting an ancient foe; 2 has a "rebel hero" and is an Action-RPG. Most people like one of the two and hate the other. I enjoyed both of them so I guess I'm a bit of an exception (no surprise there). Try out both yourself and see what you think!

My advice for tackling those plats would be to break the list into how time consuming and how easy the plats will be. (There's a difference I assure you.)

For instance, finding all the Blast Shards can be tedious and annoying, but thankfully not too hard. The blast shard maps have improved since I first went for the Rockhound trophy on my old profile.

For Heavy Rain, I recommend using Youtube video guides, they're extremely helpful, especially the RoosterTeeth ones.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed can be very hard, especially when playing the game on the hardest difficulty. The most annoying boss on this playthrough has to be the Bull Rancor/Marris Brood combo boss. Also quick pointer, when fighting the Emperor, you can block and then redirect/reflect the lightning back at the Emperor.
    Your point is well-said, Tonto. Hard and long don't always go together in games. Something tells me that Dragon Age Origins will be the easiest, though it will take some time to get back into it. I hunt collectibles better than most trophy hunters (probably because I usually get good info first and de-emphasize complaining about it), so I'm probably more worried about a Hard run on InFamous than going for Rockhound. Only time will tell!

I sent Ratchet and Clank Collection and Devil May Cry HD Collection back to Gamefly, hoping to get some "unfinished business" in return. I still have Heavy Rain on rental and plenty of other stuff to keep me busy. I'll probably relax for a couple of days and then get into making this my "Year of Platinum"!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Collectibles aren't my worst enemy when it comes to trophy hunting, unless they're the ones from games that don't have New Game+ that lets you carry over collectibles. Which means you have to get em all in one playthrough, which can be very annoying.

The Dragon Age one shouldn't be too hard, my advice would be to save the game before you take particular acts. That way you can load the save and get the endings or do other acts like supporting the Cult of Andraste.

My Awesome Checklist

PRO Member

Collectibles aren't my worst enemy when it comes to trophy hunting, unless they're the ones from games that don't have New Game+ that lets you carry over collectibles. Which means you have to get em all in one playthrough, which can be very annoying.

The Dragon Age one shouldn't be too hard, my advice would be to save the game before you take particular acts. That way you can load the save and get the endings or do other acts like supporting the Cult of Andraste.
    Sounds like the plan in my head right there, Tonto. I wouldn't want to be hurt from a "crisis moment kill" in the long run. With clever use of save points I could easily get the Platinum in a single runthrough with minor cleanup. With Blight-Queller and Traveler out of the way, I've got no excuse not to "close the deal" on Dragon Age Origins!
    No new trophies to report as I have taken a small break to focus on the hunting to come. I'll be on my new "conquests" soon enough!

PRO Member

Hello everyone! Stats are updated (1 trophy from Terraria, 1 trophy from Mass Effect 3).
    I bought 3 games from PSN yesterday: Mass Effect 3, Terraria and de Blob 2! Gamefly is also sending me Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection! Combined with Heavy Rain, Dragon Age Origins and InFamous, there are many paths to take on the road to Platinum. Which one is right? Finding out is half the fun!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Icebrand1270 View Post
    Hello everyone! Stats are updated (1 trophy from Terraria, 1 trophy from Mass Effect 3).
    I bought 3 games from PSN yesterday: Mass Effect 3, Terraria and de Blob 2! Gamefly is also sending me Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection! Combined with Heavy Rain, Dragon Age Origins and InFamous, there are many paths to take on the road to Platinum. Which one is right? Finding out is half the fun!
    I didn't know you had to reorder those games. Or did you just rent them before?

My Awesome Checklist

Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast