View Poll Results: What new features/improvements/expansions would you like to see?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trophy Difficulty/Enjoyment Ratings on Platinums

2 66.67%
  • Easiest/Hardest/Most Fun Trophies on Platinums

2 66.67%
  • List of all my Trophy-Enabled Games

0 0%
  • Expanded Platinum Descriptions

0 0%
  • Expanded Platinum Wishlist Descriptions

0 0%
  • Expanded PSN 100% Club Section

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 32 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Icebrand1270's NEW humble trophy chceklist.

This is a discussion on Icebrand1270's NEW humble trophy chceklist. within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by Icebrand1270 Well said point, bnecker717! My thoughts are to perhaps break away from the hunt for a ...

Synthwave <3

Quote Originally Posted by Icebrand1270 View Post
    Well said point, bnecker717! My thoughts are to perhaps break away from the hunt for a few days to recharge. To that end, I'm re-downloading the Mass Effect Trilogy as we speak (I took it off my hard drive to make room for other "exploits"), where I may wish to perfect an "optimum" runthrough with NO GAME OVERS to eventually record for my father, who made me a gamer all those years ago. If I get the guide, I'll wait until afterwards to start my "recording journey". Keep in mind, I don't have Youtube or even HD capabilities, so I can't show the world. If my last "project" for my dad was any indication (Final Fantasy 12), he will have many questions and enjoy every bit of the ride, start to finish!
    That sounds like a fun awesome project to work on! Good luck and I'm sure your dad will be proud and enjoy watching your run through. Very cool!

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by bnecker717 View Post
    That sounds like a fun awesome project to work on! Good luck and I'm sure your dad will be proud and enjoy watching your run through. Very cool!
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, bnecker! My dad tells the story of how I became a gamer well: I watched him play Freeway on the Atari2600, where a chicken had to cross 10 lanes of highway traffic as many times as possible in 90 seconds, essentially Activision's version of Frogger. I was amused, so my father put the joystick in my hands to see how well I could do. For a 12-month old baby, I was pretty good, by all accounts. And so, it began.
    That said, this will be an ambitious project. I'll have to perfect a "no game overs" run, make a few test runs for time and decide on gender, choices, character class, romance and so on. I'll also need plenty of DVD+RW discs to record on (Will 40 be enough? I really don't know!) and many free nights to myself to do it all! Still, I promised my father I would do it by Christmas, and so I shall!
    Well everyone, the trophy hunt called for me again and I answered, having scored 16 trophies since I last posted: 1 from Hotline Miami, 8 from Resonance of Fate and 7 from Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires! Unfortunately, I sent Resonance of Fate back to Gamefly as it kicked my butt more than I can count (Big surprise, right?) and Hotline Miami hasn't been easy for me either. Luckily, my current rentals from Gamefly are on the easier side: History Legends of War Patton, The Testament of Sherlock Holmes and (coming soon) Back to the Future the Game! Between that and what I own, both disc and digital, this could be a very promising month! Time will tell!

Avy and 10K Checklist Elite Bar by DaRe

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

PRO Member

Hello everyone! Stats are updated with a MAJOR TROPHY MILESTONE:

5,500 TROPHIES!

Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires was responsible for this amazing feat (Magnate, to be exact), a game that could possibly be on the Platinum Wishlist soon, for it's good and I'm good at it. In my 56th month as a trophy hunter (I started with Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe in December of 2008), I have 5,500 TROPHIES! UNBELIEVABLE! HOW DID I GET SO GOOD?

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

Ice Cream Firefighter

Congratulations on your milestone, this means you get the award for watching TV more than going outside into the real world lol. jkng really nice work mate.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on 5,500 trophies, now bring that plat count up!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    Congratulations on your milestone, this means you get the award for watching TV more than going outside into the real world lol. jkng really nice work mate.
    Thanks GDT! Actually, I don't get out much except for my shows and the occasional karaoke session. I don't drink, so it might be just as well.
    That, and my TV is nothing more than a glorified PS3 monitor. The TV sitcoms and crime dramas of this era are completely lame and predictable in my opinion. There are much better jokes in Mass Effect than Big Bang Theory, hands down! My TV is only watched for weather reports!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Congrats on 5,500 trophies, now bring that plat count up!
    Thanks DragonWolf, I believe you mentioned something about that around my 5,000th trophy. That said, getting a Platinum or 2 this month should not be a problem, considering my rental lineup includes Back to the Future The Game and The Testament of Sherlock Holmes as well as History Legends of War Patton!
    I am frequently asked why my "Trophy-to-Platinum" ratio is low. The answer is this: I'll play anything not called Call of Duty, which frequently gets me in over my head as I play games beyond my skills. I'm no "gaming superstar", and I'm okay with that.
    Still, with a Spring 2013 that barely sparked any interest in "new games" (I only bought Injustice: Gods Among Us but I'd like to rent Remember Me), this might be a good time to change that.
    So, what to do? Prioritize!
    1. Dragon Age Origins: The "tough" ones (Blight-Queller and Traveler) are already mine. An "evil" run and cleanup of the endings should do the trick.
    2. InFamous: The Blast Shards don't frighten me. The Stunts and a Hard run are another story.
    3. Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3: Each of the 3 are close but Insanity difficulty stands in my way.
    Others: Alpha Protocol, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Heavy Rain, Skyrim, Kingdoms of Amalur, Final Fantasy XIII.
    In short, a trophy hunter's path can go to unexpected places. Where to next? That's half the fun!

Theodore Roosevelt.

Beast Incarnate

Play games to enjoy them man, no point in platting a game if you don't enjoy it. That being said I have platted quite a few games I really didn't enjoy but the plat popping sort of made it worth it. Very strange.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Play games to enjoy them man, no point in platting a game if you don't enjoy it. That being said I have platted quite a few games I really didn't enjoy but the plat popping sort of made it worth it. Very strange.
    Agreed DragonWolf. I don't plat what I don't enjoy. It just the fact that I'm not a "finisher" that gets to me every now and then. Perhaps the time has come to change that is all I'm saying.

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Welcome back! Stat update is up.
    I'm currently playing Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires (part of the Platinum Wishlist now) and Back to the Future The Game. DW 7 Empires is WAY better than 6 Empires by far. Back to the Future is good but must be played slowly to avoid burnout.
    I also have new browsing music up, Recover from the legendary game Mass Effect!
    Take care, everyone!

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Congrats on the 5.500 milestone!.

For the games you mentioned above, and from the ones I've played, I'd say Star Wars The Force Unleashed is the easiest Platinum. inFamous Hard mode is pretty easy, some of the stunts will make you a bit you frustrated though, and as long as you use a map for the shards you'll be ok.

Synthwave <3

Congrats on your milestone of 5500! Hope you have fun with that awesome rental lineup! Don't worry about what ppl think of you and your completion perecentage, I can completely understand your mindset about all that. Keep playing/platting what you love as that's what makes gaming fun! I will only plat something if it's a game I enjoy (with the exception of a few games for trophy comps ... I'm looking at you, Hannah Montana). I think that's the best way to go about things otherwise you may find yourself doing something and finding it to be not fun or even worse annoying.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by bnecker717 View Post
    Congrats on your milestone of 5500! Hope you have fun with that awesome rental lineup! Don't worry about what ppl think of you and your completion perecentage, I can completely understand your mindset about all that. Keep playing/platting what you love as that's what makes gaming fun! I will only plat something if it's a game I enjoy (with the exception of a few games for trophy comps ... I'm looking at you, Hannah Montana). I think that's the best way to go about things otherwise you may find yourself doing something and finding it to be not fun or even worse annoying.
    Very true, bnecker! VERY TRUE!

Ladies and gentlemen, stats are updated with HUGE NEWS:
    GYROCOP AND I HAVE WON RIGHTS TO THE SAINTS ROW IV TROPHY GUIDE!!! THE ROAD WILL BE LONG AND TOUGH BUT WELL WORTH IT! WOW! DREAMS DO COME TRUE!

To celebrate, I have taken the liberty of putting up a song from my youth, one of the greatest inspirational songs of all time, St. Elmo's Fire by John Parr!

Toggle Spoiler

Theodore Roosevelt.

Ice Cream Firefighter

Congratulations mate, well deserved. I'm getting the game so I may use the guide or make a suggestion to you guys while i'm playing it.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

NSFW

Quote Originally Posted by Icebrand1270 View Post
    Very true, bnecker! VERY TRUE!

Ladies and gentlemen, stats are updated with HUGE NEWS:
    GYROCOP AND I HAVE WON RIGHTS TO THE SAINTS ROW IV TROPHY GUIDE!!! THE ROAD WILL BE LONG AND TOUGH BUT WELL WORTH IT! WOW! DREAMS DO COME TRUE!
    OH YEAH!

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

PRO Member

Congratulations mate, well deserved. I'm getting the game so I may use the guide or make a suggestion to you guys while i'm playing it.
    Suggestions are always welcome, GDT! Always good to have help on a big project!

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    OH YEAH!
    I concur with all the dancing smileys! To think that a chance I took has turned into a dream come true is AMAZING! I remember the beginning of 2013 wondering if I could ever do a trophy guide again and now I'm co-op writing the trophy guide for one of the biggest games of 2013 alongside an elite writer! Gyrocop, you have asked me if I'm ready for a lot of writing and BBCode, and the answer is DEFINITELY YES!
    I think back to when I was 16 and wanting to be a published author. Now, thanks to PS3Trophies.com, that dream has come true, time and again, and I'm grateful that the last 17 years have not stolen my writing talent! Like you said, gyrocop, this will be ONE BIG ADVENTURE!

In other news, my checklist has now hit 11,000 VIEWS and is the 6th most viewed checklist on this great site! YAHOO!!!

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Hello again, everyone! Stats are updated (4 trophies from Skyrim).
    I'm counting the days until the Saints Row IV Trophy Guide begins (26, I believe) and trying to take it easy so I don't burn out and become a liability to gyrocop come trophy guide time. After all, all my previous guides were for games already out, so this is a HUGE jump up for me. I am excited and ready!

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Congrats on all your achievements, Ice.

Sometimes I aim to please, but mostly I just shoot to kill.
    Pixie's Glittering Hollow

Latest Platinum:
    Assassin's Creed III

Currently Playing:
    Resident Evil: Revelations
    Resident Evil: Revelations 2
    Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by PixieOfDarkness View Post
    Congrats on all your achievements, Ice.
    Thank you Pixie! It's been a good month so far, to be sure!
    All right, everyone! Stats are updated.
    I've been playing some Skyrim while downloading Deus Ex: Human Revolution (A Plus freebie from last month that I haven't played yet) and we'll see if I do better at this than most "AAA" games. (One can always hope, right?) I returned my Gamefly rentals (too busy with Skyrim) and receiving Jak and Daxter Trilogy (I Platinumed the first game but I have yet to play 2 and 3), Jeopardy and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed in return, hoping for a Platinum or two before it's time for Saints Row IV! Time will tell!

Theodore Roosevelt.

Ice Cream Firefighter

You sound like you're having a blast mate. When you start playing Deus Ex HR, go to my CL and go to the YouTube section for my video walkthrough. It's the best guide on YouTube for the game. But if you have any questions in particular ask me, I still have a lot of the games info in my head. Hope you have as much fun playing it as I did.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

PRO Member

You sound like you're having a blast mate. When you start playing Deus Ex HR, go to my CL and go to the YouTube section for my video walkthrough. It's the best guide on YouTube for the game. But if you have any questions in particular ask me, I still have a lot of the games info in my head. Hope you have as much fun playing it as I did.
    Thank you GDT! I have put Deus Ex on the backburner for now as I'm trying to take it easy until guide time.
    Stats are updated, as is the Platinum Wishlist with Jeopardy, as I'm 4 "grinding" trophies away from Platinum. The road will be long but well worth it!

Theodore Roosevelt.

Page 32 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast