View Poll Results: What new features/improvements/expansions would you like to see?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trophy Difficulty/Enjoyment Ratings on Platinums

2 66.67%
  • Easiest/Hardest/Most Fun Trophies on Platinums

2 66.67%
  • List of all my Trophy-Enabled Games

0 0%
  • Expanded Platinum Descriptions

0 0%
  • Expanded Platinum Wishlist Descriptions

0 0%
  • Expanded PSN 100% Club Section

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 35 of 72 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Icebrand1270's NEW humble trophy chceklist.

This is a discussion on Icebrand1270's NEW humble trophy chceklist. within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by Outstandind How are you liking Heavy Rain so far? Will you be checking out Beyond: Two Souls ...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    How are you liking Heavy Rain so far? Will you be checking out Beyond: Two Souls later this year?
    Thanks for the visit, Outstandind! To be honest, I have played Heavy Rain, on and off, since it came out in February of 2010. I never did well with it until this year but I'm still only average at it. I'm terrible at QTEs and I'm even worse at shaking a controller (metal in my right arm, you understand), but the plot is great, so I stick with it.

Stats are up-to-date (again), with 3 trophies earned from The Testament of Sherlock Holmes. So far, I'm doing okay with it and I hope to continue to do well. We'll see in time!

Avy and 10K Checklist Elite Bar by DaRe

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

PRO Member

Hello my friends! Stats are updated (4 trophies from The Testament of Sherlock Holmes, 1 trophy from Zombie Tycoon II: Brainhov's Revenge).
    I just got notice of my third Gamefly rental (remember, I'm on a "3-at-a-time" rental plan): GRAND THEFT AUTO V!

I can't believe my good luck! I couldn't get any of my rentals on my wishlist last week and now I get to RENT one of the biggest titles in history! To be honest, I have never done a Grand theft Auto game before (and never wanted to), but the plot looks good and the action, added by 3 people to swap in and out at any time, looks great. Time will tell how well I do!

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

PRO Member

How are those games btw? The Testament of Sherlock Holmes completely fell off my radar but I've been looking at Zombie Tycoon for Jan next year or something like that. Worth the bother, you think?

PRO Member

How are those games btw? The Testament of Sherlock Holmes completely fell off my radar but I've been looking at Zombie Tycoon for Jan next year or something like that. Worth the bother, you think?
    To answer your question on both games:
    The Testament of Sherlock Holmes focuses on problem-solving, investigation and solving puzzles and brain-teasers. It's a short game so rent it if you can. Most trophies are story-related but don't skip any puzzles if you want the Platinum.
    Zombie Tycoon II is a zombie game I like, which is extremely rare, mostly due to its humor. It's a battle between shambling (strong) and feral (fast) zombies (old-school vs new-school, zombie-style), and focuses on strategy, such as taking buildings and learning skills. Don't let its humor fool you; it's tougher than it looks. You'll probably need to boost the online as well as the few online players are very good (my record is 0-4).

Stats are updated (4 trophies from Time and Eternity, 1 trophy from Pure Chess). I'm liking Time and Eternity and not doing bad at it either (although I'm playing on Easy, which means I'll have to play again on Normal for Platinum, but I don't expect to get all "hidden" things anyway so it's just as well). I also played some Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, starting over and hoping to avoid some "mistakes" from previous tries.
    I'm still waiting for Grand Theft Auto V to arrive from Gamefly, but that's okay as it will probably be here by this afternoon or tomorrow. I can't wait to see what all the fuss is about!

Theodore Roosevelt.

A plat a month!

I haven't stopped by in a while.

You are starting over in Kingdoms of Amalur due to mistakes? What kind of mistakes did you make?

PRO Member

Are you enjoying Kingdoms of Amalur? I downloaded the game when it was free for Plus but haven't started it yet.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by wandarer View Post
    I haven't stopped by in a while.

You are starting over in Kingdoms of Amalur due to mistakes? What kind of mistakes did you make?
    You are always welcome here, wandarer! Perhaps mistakes isn't the right word as much as I was rusty from not playing it in months and I felt a need to start over. Strange, I know, but not the first time I've done this in an RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    Are you enjoying Kingdoms of Amalur? I downloaded the game when it was free for Plus but haven't started it yet.
    Kingdoms of Amalur is great, annare! It was an "unsung hero" of 2012, to be sure. It is a good time, but little was known about it at first due to it coming out so close to Mass Effect 3 that EA couldn't advertise it very much. Think Skyrim but "lighter" in plot and faster combat.

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icebrand1270 View Post
    Kingdoms of Amalur is great, annare! It was an "unsung hero" of 2012, to be sure. It is a good time, but little was known about it at first due to it coming out so close to Mass Effect 3 that EA couldn't advertise it very much. Think Skyrim but "lighter" in plot and faster combat.

Sounds good, I have a lot of games right now but when I have the time I'll start it.

PRO Member

You are always welcome here, wandarer! Perhaps mistakes isn't the right word as much as I was rusty from not playing it in months and I felt a need to start over. Strange, I know, but not the first time I've done this in an RPG.
    I've done that a few times before... Final Fantasy X comes to mind. Always used to give up in RPGs at some point halfway through the game. I'd take a 6 month break or something like that and completely lose track of what I was doing or why... so I'd start over, get a tiny bit further and then take another huge break.

Must have taken me 4 or 5 tries and many years to get it done.

PRO Member

I've done that a few times before... Final Fantasy X comes to mind. Always used to give up in RPGs at some point halfway through the game. I'd take a 6 month break or something like that and completely lose track of what I was doing or why... so I'd start over, get a tiny bit further and then take another huge break.

Must have taken me 4 or 5 tries and many years to get it done.
    Yep, that describes me perfectly.
    Hello to all my friends as here we are again on a Saturday! My stats are up-to-date (big surprise, I know) and reflect that I've now reached 5,800 TROPHIES! YIKES!
    That said, I had a feeling it would be a slow month and it's been getting worse as I finally got Grand theft Auto V from Gamefly and I'm... terrible at it. I had 6 Game Overs in the first 2 missions alone. I'm not giving up but this is not looking good. Break from the hunt, possibly? We'll see.

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

What were you stuck on, the driving?

PRO Member

What were you stuck on, the driving?
    Yes, I'm terrible at driving in the game. In the "Franklin and Lamar" mission I drove up a cliff a few times. Hopefully I can get more than just the 2 trophies I already have (and 1 of them is being eaten by a shark).

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

lol

the driving in these games takes some getting used to. Once you get the hang of it it's really enjoyable though. Just go easy on the trigger - helps a lot to reduce your speed a bit. And use Franklin's special ability. You can toggle it on/off, so use it for like a second to sort out a tricky turn or something and then switch it off to save as much as you can. You can get a lot of mileage out of it that way.

The story is really good so far so stick with it.

PRO Member

lol

the driving in these games takes some getting used to. Once you get the hang of it it's really enjoyable though. Just go easy on the trigger - helps a lot to reduce your speed a bit. And use Franklin's special ability. You can toggle it on/off, so use it for like a second to sort out a tricky turn or something and then switch it off to save as much as you can. You can get a lot of mileage out of it that way.

The story is really good so far so stick with it.

I'll try. I promised myself that I would stick it out until the online portion is activated, where I'll likely be denied entry into a crew by virtue of a 5% shooting percentage. Still, I can try to get better, yes?

Hello everyone. Stats are updated (1 trophy from Grand Theft Auto V, 1 from Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning).
    It's been a VERY slow month hunting trophies (41 so far where I usually get 100 without a problem). To be honest, I should have expected this as I've run so hard for so long that the well is dry. Still, it is disheartening to see me do so poorly at a hobby I love and I'm good at.
    I know I'll bounce back someday (maybe WWE2K14 if it isn't too hard, or I'll get lucky with a Gamefly rental), but I don't know if that day is coming soon. Until then, I'll be here, cheering everyone on and being jealous of all those who have great careers, great families and 100 Platinums all at once (in other words, what I could never have).
    Don't worry about me too much. I've learned that I'm more resilient than I ever thought I could be. Bless you all and take care, everyone.

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Hello everyone! I'm feeling much better today and I'm grateful to say it!
    I'm planning to get WWE 2K14 when it comes out and will enjoy it thoroughly. In retrospect, the slow month of trophy hunting has been a good thing as it has allowed me to "re-energize" and focus on things.
    That said, I have thought of my "unfinished business" in my trophy hunting career. I now wish to change my focus, as the PS3 era starts to fade into history, to finish a few Platinums that I have always wanted to finish, but was too focused on my rampant trophy count.
    To that end, I will likely be looking to get back to Dragon Age Origins, Infamous, Alpha Protocol and all 3 Mass Effect titles. Hopefully the road will be paved in Platinum before long!

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Those are some tough plats, good luck!.

PRO Member

Hello everyone! I'm feeling much better today and I'm grateful to say it!
    Cool. I was worried but not sure what to say.

PRO Member

Cool. I was worried but not sure what to say.
    Thanks Outstandind. To be honest, when I get in one of those depressed moods that I just go through, all I can do is ride it out. Your concern is appreciated all the same!

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    Those are some tough plats, good luck!.
    You got that right, annare!

As I started to get back to being where I should be and need to be mentally, I thought about how the PS3 era will be over soon, not immediately but in about 2-3 years by all estimates as the PS4 takes center stage. I thought to myself, "When I look back on all these times, I want to not regret missing certain things." I've had a number of "close calls" in my career, my share of triumphs and heartbreaks, which I will add to the checklist. Still, a few more triumphs couldn't hurt, right?

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Good luck finishing the plats up. Out of curiosity how far are you in Infamous? It is a great game

Signature made by PixieOfDarkness | GDT bar by djunglist

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by tuvuu48- View Post
    Good luck finishing the plats up. Out of curiosity how far are you in Infamous? It is a great game
    Thank you tuvuu48-! As far as Infamous goes, I need an evil run, a hard run, a Stunts run and a blast shards run, of which I suspect the "Blast Shard finding" will be the easiest, given my skill at collectibles and lack of skill at difficulty trophies.
    Come to think of it, Dragon Age Origins is probably the easiest, since I already have the tough/tricky/glitchy Blight-Queller and Traveller out of the way and need an evil run and all endings to finish the job.
    Of course, there is WWE2K14 to consider. If the rumors are true, this will be much easier than last year.
    Gamefly has sent me Deadpool and Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll as well. One is a popular action game, the other an obscure RPG. We'll see how this all goes!

Theodore Roosevelt.

Page 35 of 72 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast