View Poll Results: What new features/improvements/expansions would you like to see?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trophy Difficulty/Enjoyment Ratings on Platinums

2 66.67%
  • Easiest/Hardest/Most Fun Trophies on Platinums

2 66.67%
  • List of all my Trophy-Enabled Games

0 0%
  • Expanded Platinum Descriptions

0 0%
  • Expanded Platinum Wishlist Descriptions

0 0%
  • Expanded PSN 100% Club Section

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 39 of 72 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Icebrand1270's NEW humble trophy chceklist.

This is a discussion on Icebrand1270's NEW humble trophy chceklist. within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; ;o They're up to Book II already? Still haven't released Book I to the rest of the world yet...

PRO Member

;o

They're up to Book II already? Still haven't released Book I to the rest of the world yet

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    ;o

They're up to Book II already? Still haven't released Book I to the rest of the world yet
    I thought I heard something about that. That is sad. Keep in mind, if it is released worldwide, that Book I is Non-Platinum while Book II is Platinum, which hopefully means it's a longer game and not just done to boost sales (read: Spare Parts).

That said, I'm back with my updated stats (Big surprise, right?). This trophy competition has been a complete disaster the first few days. I don't know what's worse: having only 21 trophies so far, not having any easy games coming my way, or the fact that my connection to PSN keeps dropping out repeatedly. I'm trying to download a few "old favorites" from my PSN history and they're downloading slower than freezing water . I don't believe in anything "spiritual", but this has been extremely rotten luck this past few days. I can only hope this turns around, and soon.

Avy and 10K Checklist Elite Bar by DaRe

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

PRO Member

Hello everyone! Yet another stat update has arrived!
    We're almost at the first "checkpoint" for the trophy competition and so far it hasn't been good but I earned 3 from Dragon Fantasy Book II today. So far, I believe I have earned 25 trophies, a slow pace to be sure.
    On the up side, I have 3 "easy" games coming my way from Gamefly: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes, NCIS and Man vs Wild. The enemies, therefore, are glitches and boredom. If all goes well, 3 Platinums are the prize and I plan my next move Here's hoping!

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

PRO Member

Hello again, my friends! Welcome to my latest stat update!
    In a classic case of "Now we're talking!", NCIS and The Testament of Sherlock Holmes have arrived from Gamefly, which means one thing: I'm coming up on the gates of Easy Platinum City! I figured to go after the easier one, NCIS, first as I have been stuck with The Testament of Sherlock Holmes in the past. So far, I have done well, with Case 1 done and 16 trophies with it. Honestly, I had hoped for Platinum by now, but I had to do other stuff (like sleep, of course). Still, it's a good way to end Week 1 of the competition (Except for hearing the lame jokes and arguments of the NCIS team. Seriously, how do these guys ever get a case done with their constant infighting? Go figure. And every time they say they're awesome, I feel like shouting, "Shut up and get this game on already!")
    I'm hoping that Gamefly sends me Man vs Wild soon (and that one trophy doesn't glitch, if you've read the guide you know what I'm talking about). I'll admit that I'm not sure what "easy scores" to go for after these 3 games are done. One thing at a time, I guess.

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Hello everyone. Stat update for this Sunday has arrived.
    Unfortunately, the team I'm on for the competition has been disqualified (I'm better off not knowing the details, to be honest). Sad, but the rules are there for a reason, right?
    My biggest regret, naturally, is that I never got a chance to redeem myself for a "weak performance" in Week 1. As for my "easy" rentals from Gamefly, I'll probably try to finish them, especially with how close I am to earning Platinum on NCIS (as to be expected from a good trophy hunter). Here's hoping that I still finish the year strong!

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Wow that sucks.

If it helps, success is more often about the games you have on hand rather than effort or skill :/

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outstandind View Post
    Wow that sucks.

If it helps, success is more often about the games you have on hand rather than effort or skill :/
    True enough. Of course, I had 3 easy games at the time of disqualification, which hurts more. I also needed a break from the tougher games, so it was a perfect time to enter such a competition.

That said, stats are updated with a:
    NEW PS3 PLATINUM TROPHY: PLATINUM 36: NCIS!

Needless to say, any good trophy hunter is expected to earn this Platinum very quickly, and it took me a little longer than most, which is to say 2 days. The greatest challenge was dealing with the characters arguing and cracking lame jokes (A typical shouting at the TV included: Stop arguing, Tony and Ziva! No, you're not awesome! I've heard better jokes at a burial! Just get on with the game already! What, I can't skip cutscenes? NO NO NO!) Still, it didn't hurt that I enjoyed the game more than most people even wanted to.

Take care, one and all!

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Congrats on the new Ice! CL is looking great as usual

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Congrats on the new Ice! CL is looking great as usual
    Thank you and good to see you again, daftprophet!

Hello everyone! Another stat update is up!
    I'm playing another Gamefly rental that was intended for "competition purposes", Man vs Wild, and it's not as bad (at least to me) as I thought, if a little repetitive. I'm not doing as well as most trophy hunters with this one, sadly, but I'll keep trying. I also have The Testament of Sherlock Holmes via rental, so I'll get on that soon (and hopefully not get stuck this time). As well, Gamefly sent me Remember Me, so here's hoping I can beat it on Hard difficulty and find those pesky Scaramechs (you'd think that something that's bright white would be easier to spot, but collectible trophies are meant to be hard, yes?).
    I'd like to change the checklist (slightly) with some new stuff. We'll see if I have the free time to do so. Until then, see you next time!

Theodore Roosevelt.

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on the NCIS platinum dude

A plat a month!

Congrats on NCIS!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Congrats on the NCIS platinum dude
    Quote Originally Posted by wandarer View Post
    Congrats on NCIS!
    Thanks everybody! Not the hardest Platinum or the most glamorous, but I was halfway through when my team was DQ'd from the competition, so I wanted to see it through.

Well everyone, my trophy hunting has been quiet for the last couple of days as I took a small break to re-energize and re-focus, so I sent back my rentals as well. Also, my download speeds have slowed down unexpectedly (mostly after the PS4 arrived, although I don't have one myself, but it makes you wonder ), leaving me a little frustrated and unable to retrieve my backlog of Plus freebies and other digital stuff. How big is my backlog? Well, I will show you:

Battlefield 3.
    Max Payne 3 (Not a Plus freebie but bought on a Plus sale for 8 dollars, so even if I dislike it, I can't argue with the price).
    Hitman: Absolution.
    Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen.
    Binary Domain.
    Grid 2.
    Borderlands 2.
    Dyad. (Will be a NA Plus freebie this Tuesday).

I suppose the classic phrase "Where do I begin?" is the proper saying for this problem. I'll figure this out, hopefully before the year ends. At least that's what I keep telling myself!

Theodore Roosevelt.

Local Drunk

Congrats on platting NCIS mate

Definitely recommend playing Hitman Absolution next. Really good, fun game and the plat is a walk in the park.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Congrats on platting NCIS mate

Definitely recommend playing Hitman Absolution next. Really good, fun game and the plat is a walk in the park.
    Thanks for the recommendation, Feral. Unfortunately, my Internet gets worse by the day, and the family computer is running well (at least by Windows 8.1 standards), so something else seems to be the culprit. This means my vast digital library is inaccessible for now. I just have to remember not to let it get to me, of course.

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Congrats on NCIS, I too recommend Hitman Absolution next but that's about 17GB if I remember correctly, so maybe it's not the best one right now for you.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    Congrats on NCIS, I too recommend Hitman Absolution next but that's about 17GB if I remember correctly, so maybe it's not the best one right now for you.
    True enough, annare. I'm lucky if I get a 1GB game on without an error message, and if there's a patch, it's even worse. I suspect a "problem" in some part of my connection (anything from weak connection to a high volume server), although there is no way to be sure. I'm sure it will work out... eventually. Until then, I can only wait it out.
    In the meantime, I have decided to take a brief break from the trophy hunt, so maybe this is a blessing in disguise. We'll see in time.

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Hello everyone. It's been a few days, hasn't it? (At least by my "shameless self-promotion" standards.)
    I got back to the trophy hunt a couple of days ago when my Internet connection got better and have earned trophies from Dyad, Champion Jockey and Adventure Time; 2 rentals and a Plus freebie, all of them very tough in their own way (Yes, even the one based off a kiddie cartoon. I sure know how to pick them, yes?).
    Now that my connection is better, I don't know what to do next. Since Dyad didn't work out for me, I'm wondering what other things in the backlog to download and work on. Many here have recommended Hitman: Absolution and I don't doubt its quality but I do doubt my ability at a shooter/stealth hybrid (the 2 genres I'm worst at ). I guess I'll see when I get around to it, yes?

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Hello everyone! My stat update for this Sunday is now up.
    I'll likely be updating a lot less lately as my constant updates and shameless self-promotion are tiring (among other things; insert your own thoughts here). That said, I'm playing Grid 2 (thank you, PlayStation Plus) and I'm doing better at it than I normally do with racing games. Normally that's not saying much, but I have 30 trophies so far. I have no expectations of a Platinum Trophy but you never know.
    I will now wish Merry Christmas to all my friends who celebrate it! Or as I say, "Merry Christmas to all, and to all... stay out of the way of whoever makes Christmas dinner! You'll live longer that way!"

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Hello again, everyone! I hope that everyone had a Merry Christmas in their own way and in their own traditions.
    I updated the stats as I intended to take a Christmas break from trophies but in a classic case of "Why do I lie to myself so much?" I had plenty of trophies this week, coming from Street Fighter X Tekken, Grid 2 and Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition, which I bought from PSN with a PSN Card I got for Christmas from my brother and sister. Go figure!
    2013 has been a good year for me in many aspects and I hope to carry that into 2014. My next checklist post will be a "Year in Review"; until then, take care everyone!

Theodore Roosevelt.

Royal Flush X2

I see you have SFXT ps3 version, if your up for some matches for fun let me know as I still have the game. Also if you need tips I can help as I have plat already.

Page 39 of 72 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast