View Poll Results: What new features/improvements/expansions would you like to see?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trophy Difficulty/Enjoyment Ratings on Platinums

2 66.67%
  • Easiest/Hardest/Most Fun Trophies on Platinums

2 66.67%
  • List of all my Trophy-Enabled Games

0 0%
  • Expanded Platinum Descriptions

0 0%
  • Expanded Platinum Wishlist Descriptions

0 0%
  • Expanded PSN 100% Club Section

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Icebrand1270's NEW humble trophy chceklist.

This is a discussion on Icebrand1270's NEW humble trophy chceklist. within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by Icebrand1270 Minor stat update is now up. Unfortunately, my PS3 is starting to die. Online matches and ...

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Quote Originally Posted by Icebrand1270 View Post
    Minor stat update is now up.
    Unfortunately, my PS3 is starting to die. Online matches and other online connectivity is straining my PS3's cooling capabilities due to my cooling fan starting to break down.
    This basically means that certain games are unable to be played at this time. Sadly, it will be at least 3 more months until I can replace the PS3. This means that I won't be able to Platinum EA Sports MMA due to too many system overheats and crashes from the strain of online matches.
    I'll still be here and I'll still collect trophies when I can but now I have to be more selective on my Gamefly rentals, sticking to single-player stuff that isn't too online-intensive. We'll see what I can continue to play soon enough.
    Thats some bad luck right there man,im sorry to hear about that.May you get your problem/s resolved quicker than expected and in the men time,whatever you play i hope you enjoy whatever precious time you have left with your beloved ps3.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    Thats some bad luck right there man,im sorry to hear about that.May you get your problem/s resolved quicker than expected and in the men time,whatever you play i hope you enjoy whatever precious time you have left with your beloved ps3.
    Thanks john3007. I hope it at least lasts long enough to turn 4 years, which would be a great life span for a 2008 model. I had to send Infamous 2 back as it was also causing overheats (the UGC connections, no doubt). I'm still playing Rune Factory without a problem and we'll see soon enough what I can and can't do from my Gamefly list.

Avy by DaRe
    Ribbon by Beam

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Checklist stats are updated and a new feature: Games that I was among the 1st 50 on this site to Platinum!
    Gamefly has confirmed that it is shipping Venetica to me. The game is not popular but obscure games are my speciality. (Even better, it's single-player with simpler graphics than most PS3 Action-RPGs, meaning it won't strain my dying system.) We'll see if I avoid getting stuck again and actually do well this time. Until then, enjoy the checklist!

Avy by DaRe
    Ribbon by Beam

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

xbox420

Good luck with Venetica, Ice. And here's to hoping your system lives on!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Good luck with Venetica, Ice. And here's to hoping your system lives on!
    Thanks daftprophet! Between Venetica and Rune Factory, I should be okay for now as neither one has online stuff or high graphic demands. Of the two, Venetica is by far the tougher Platinum. We'll see soon enough what I can do.

Avy by DaRe
    Ribbon by Beam

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Stats are updated.
    I'm still waiting on Venetica (slow mail around Easter, I guess) but I'm now at 27% on Rune Factory with just 24 trophies to go.
    I would definitely call March of 2012, which just passed us, as the greatest trophy-hunting month of my career. I had 143 trophies and had 2 Platinums in one month for the first time ever. With my PS3 starting to show its age, the future is uncertain but I'll be sure to share it with all of you.

Avy by DaRe
    Ribbon by Beam

Theodore Roosevelt.

Platinum Procrastinator

Well congrats on the great month of trophy hunting in March. I was the complete opposite and had one of my slower months where I never really focused a lot on trophies but instead had a lot of fun playing Battlefield 3 with two friends.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

As Dena says congrats on a very productive month mate,that is some great trophy hunting.I hope next month is just as good for you if not better but remember to have fun

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Well congrats on the great month of trophy hunting in March. I was the complete opposite and had one of my slower months where I never really focused a lot on trophies but instead had a lot of fun playing Battlefield 3 with two friends.
    Thanks Denaratuck! It's good to play a first-person shooter with friends. Of course, that's my weakest genre. Oh well.

As Dena says congrats on a very productive month mate,that is some great trophy hunting.I hope next month is just as good for you if not better but remember to have fun
    Thanks john3007! Of course I have fun! I would not trophy-hunt otherwise.

As I said, my PS3 is starting to go and is getting "iffy" on what may or may not cause an overheat. Rune Factory and UFC Undisputed 3 seem okay for now (provided I don't play UFC online) and I hope Venetica doesn't cause any more problems, since I like that game more than most people on this site. With a limited lineup, the going could be slow but let's hope I pleasantly surprise myself.

Avy by DaRe
    Ribbon by Beam

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Unfortunately, my PS3's condition is getting worse by the day. I couldn't even play Venetica without at least an "overheat warning" happening after an hour or so. I just sent it back to Gamefly and hoping for better luck with the next one. Still, if a game that is single-player with simple graphics causes a "problem", I'm not sure what won't. Personally, I think the dreaded YLOD is imminent. I don't know anymore.

Avy by DaRe
    Ribbon by Beam

Theodore Roosevelt.

Resident Deadhead

Unfortunately, my PS3's condition is getting worse by the day. I couldn't even play Venetica without at least an "overheat warning" happening after an hour or so. I just sent it back to Gamefly and hoping for better luck with the next one. Still, if a game that is single-player with simple graphics causes a "problem", I'm not sure what won't. Personally, I think the dreaded YLOD is imminent. I don't know anymore.
    Ya, no doubt your shit is about to crash. If i were you i would trade it into gamestop NOW while its still worth its most
    I Grew up a Fuckin Screw-Up, Got introduced to the Game, got an ounce and Fuckin Blew Up.

Only the Good Die Young, so I'll be here Awhile

xbox420

Damn dude. I think it would be wise to part with this one unless you want to brave repairing it yourself. There's tons of information floating around on how to do that.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

Thats some really bad news right there man and im sorry to hear that.Perhaps its best to get a new one (funds permitted of course) before it completey packs in and a game gets stuck in.I managed to take mine apart and save FF13 and i then got another ps3 and remember to back it up aswell so you dont lose everything.Good luck mate

PRO Member

Thats some really bad news right there man and im sorry to hear that.Perhaps its best to get a new one (funds permitted of course) before it completey packs in and a game gets stuck in.I managed to take mine apart and save FF13 and i then got another ps3 and remember to back it up aswell so you dont lose everything.Good luck mate
    Thanks, man. I think that I'll be one very mournful PS3 gamer by month's end, personally. The last thing I need right now is a Gamefly rental stuck in there. I guess I'll just bide my time with PSN stuff until the inevitable occurs. (Fortunately, I have both Dragon Age games on download from PSN now, so that's not too depressing.) We'll see how long this one lasts.

Avy by DaRe
    Ribbon by Beam

Theodore Roosevelt.

Thanks, man. I think that I'll be one very mournful PS3 gamer by month's end, personally. The last thing I need right now is a Gamefly rental stuck in there. I guess I'll just bide my time with PSN stuff until the inevitable occurs. (Fortunately, I have both Dragon Age games on download from PSN now, so that's not too depressing.) We'll see how long this one lasts.
    When my ps3 did the dreaded YLOD,FF13 was stuck in there and i wasnt going to let it go without a fight.So,i bought a 120gb external hardrive,heat gun,arctic silver thermal compound stuff and some really strong alchol stuff all off of ebay for quite cheap (50 ish) and went about repairing it to extract my game.I followed a step by step guide off of you tube and an hour later,FF13 was saved .I also backed my ps3 up after the first YLOD as FF13 wasnt copy protected and it was what i was playing at that time.The rest as they say is history.Good luck man

PRO Member

When my ps3 did the dreaded YLOD,FF13 was stuck in there and i wasnt going to let it go without a fight.So,i bought a 120gb external hardrive,heat gun,arctic silver thermal compound stuff and some really strong alchol stuff all off of ebay for quite cheap (50 ish) and went about repairing it to extract my game.I followed a step by step guide off of you tube and an hour later,FF13 was saved .I also backed my ps3 up after the first YLOD as FF13 wasnt copy protected and it was what i was playing at that time.The rest as they say is history.Good luck man
    Wow, that's awesome. Here's hoping it doesn't come to that for me.
    Today has been a better day than usual (no "problems") but you never know. Even better, I'll probably be able to replace my PS3 by next month. Then I can resume my normal trophy-hunting habits!

Avy by DaRe
    Ribbon by Beam

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Stats are updated.
    My PS3 seems to have calmed down, at least for the moment. Even better, Gamefly is sending me Catherine! I know it's a tough game but I'm looking forward to the challenge nonetheless. We'll see how it goes (and whether my dying PS3 can "handle" Catherine) soon enough.

Avy by DaRe
    Ribbon by Beam

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Stat update is now up.
    I got Catherine from Gamefly today and I love this tough game and weird tale. I don't know how far I'll go but it's not causing any "overheat problems" on my PS3. We'll see if I can figure this tough game out soon enough. Until then, enjoy the checklist!

Avy by DaRe
    Ribbon by Beam

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Stats are updated.
    I sent back Rune Factory (boredom) and Catherine (the game is beyond my abilities, unfortunately) to Gamefly. We'll see what they send me next. Until then, enjoy the checklist!

Avy by DaRe
    Ribbon by Beam

Theodore Roosevelt.

The One and Only

Still looking good man. Keep it up.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist back in contruction!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle and Bladia, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast