View Poll Results: What new features/improvements/expansions would you like to see?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trophy Difficulty/Enjoyment Ratings on Platinums

2 66.67%
  • Easiest/Hardest/Most Fun Trophies on Platinums

2 66.67%
  • List of all my Trophy-Enabled Games

0 0%
  • Expanded Platinum Descriptions

0 0%
  • Expanded Platinum Wishlist Descriptions

0 0%
  • Expanded PSN 100% Club Section

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 61 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1426

Icebrand1270's NEW humble trophy chceklist.

This is a discussion on Icebrand1270's NEW humble trophy chceklist. within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Hello again, and presenting: PLATINUM 57 VITA PLATINUM 7 RESISTANCE: BURNING SKIES PLATINUM I bought this for a mere 18 ...

PRO Member

Hello again, and presenting:

PLATINUM 57
    VITA PLATINUM 7
    RESISTANCE: BURNING SKIES
    PLATINUM

I bought this for a mere 18 bucks on PSN (it's tough to find on game card now since it released in 2012 and has an online pass anyway) just to play something I normally wouldn't while I still had the money. I had heard about this being an easy Platinum but anyone who knows my abilities at shooters -- or lack of ability -- knows this would be a fair challenge for me.
    The story is a short one but very cool. As a New Yorker, any story that has a firefighter as the hero (especially an NYC firefighter) is a good one by me. Not to mention the raw power of Tom Riley's firefighter axe as a melee weapon, perfect for Chimera stupid enough to get close. I will have to agree with most players about disliking the overuse of the touchscreen as I always seemed to use special attacks by accident. The Leviathan proved to be tougher for me than most players but I got past him eventually. There is an online trophy but it is only for playing a single online match (and a Gold Trophy at that) and I got into one fairly quickly.
    All in all, an easy Platinum that I enjoyed more than a lot of people. I have a few ideas for my next Platinum, so I'll see what comes to mind.

Avy and 10K Checklist Elite Bar by DaRe

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on the new plat dude. I agree with you on the last boss, the game was extremely easy but he could be incredibly cheap with kills.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Plat for it already. Congrats on your newest Plat Icebrand.

PRO Member

Congrats on your latest platinum Icebrand

Venire, Videre, Vince

Congrats on the recent !

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol

Banned

Oh, you finally got new plat! Congrats!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Congrats on the new plat dude. I agree with you on the last boss, the game was extremely easy but he could be incredibly cheap with kills.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMardigan_88 View Post
    Plat for it already. Congrats on your newest Plat Icebrand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverinefangirl View Post
    Congrats on your latest platinum Icebrand
    Quote Originally Posted by xEl_Cidx View Post
    Congrats on the recent !
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryAbel210 View Post
    Oh, you finally got new plat! Congrats!
    Thanks everyone! The game is short with only 6 levels in the single-player campaign. Some post-game grinding is needed for kills and such but the Level Select makes that easy. It's an easy Platinum for anybody with good shooting skills. If I can do it, anyone can.
    I'll agree with DragonWolf on the Leviathan being a "cheap" final boss. Talk about a spike in difficulty from most of the game! I never want to see a boss with that name again... but I know I will!

Well everyone, my physical health has not been good as of late.I'm not depressed, thankfully. My energy level has taken a nosedive as of late though. I'll bounce back soon, I promise. I thank ScaryAbel for updating the leaderboard for 10K Checklist Elite in my absence. I promise those guys I'll be more diligent in the future.

Moving on, I just earned:

8,300 TROPHIES!!!

This feels awesome! My milestones keep chugging along on the trophy train! *makes stupid train noises*

My router behaved long enough to download some of my Plus backlog, so I downloaded Killzone Mercenary for Vita and Frozen Synapse Prime for PS3. Both games are handing my butt to me, as I knew they would, but I do enjoy them and that's all that matters. Here's hoping I get more of my gigantic backlog of Plus games on in the near future.
    Take care and keep the Platinums coming, fellow trophy hunters!

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

PRO Member

Hello again, and presenting:

PLATINUM 58
    BATMAN: ARKHAM ORIGINS BLACKGATE -- DELUXE EDITION (PS3)
    THE DARK KNIGHT

It's been years since I played a Batman game. I played Batman: Arkham Asylum briefly in 2009 and I'll never understand why I gave up on it so easily (at least it was a Plus game a couple of months back). Anyway, on to the Platinum at hand!
    This game was originally on portable gaming, such as the Vita. It was ported to consoles due to its popularity, just as Assassin's Creed Liberation and Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational were. As for the gameplay, it was said to be unusual for a Batman game as it is a "2.5D" interface. One place I looked up tips compared this to old-school Metroid games in the sense that the gameplay bounces around the 3 major areas: go here, find gear, go there, find gear, go here again, etc. You also need 3 playthroughs to score Platinum in order to get different items, depending on the order you face the bosses.
    As for my enjoyment, I enjoyed it for the most part. The first playthrough is the tough one until you find The Blackest Night suit (the trophy refers to it as the Zombie Suit), which makes you impervious to damage (and it doesn't invalidate trophies either) .
    My biggest problem was frequently getting lost... and I mean frequently. Still, I learned and I'm sure others will adapt quicker than I did. There are many collectibles that are tough to find, so look up a good YouTube guide to help you.
    All in all, a good Platinum for me to have. All hail Batman!!!

Until next time, everyone!!!

Last edited by Icebrand1270; 04-15-2015 at 08:32 PM.

Theodore Roosevelt.

Banned

Congrats for Batman plat and great job!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Congrats on the new Plat Icebrand.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Congrats on the new plat Icebrand. I'm planning to play that game, later this year. ^^

Awesome Sig by TheGeneral09
    My Awesome Checklist

PRO Member

Congrats on the Batman platinum

Heavy Metal Rules!!!!!

Congrats on your new platinum
    ****My Trophy Card****

Toggle Spoiler

Awesome Sig made by iGame
    Backblast's Platinum List

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryAbel210 View Post
    Congrats for Batman plat and great job!
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMardigan_88 View Post
    Congrats on the new Plat Icebrand.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Tonto View Post
    Congrats on the new plat Icebrand. I'm planning to play that game, later this year. ^^
    Congrats on the Batman platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by backblast View Post
    Congrats on your new platinum
    THANK YOU ALL!!! Do play it, Tonto! As I said, the "2.5D" interface can make the map tough to figure out but you get it sooner or later. Get a good YouTube guide for the collectibles and you'll be just fine.

Onward to my next piece of great news:

32,000 CHECKLIST VIEWS!!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT!!!

After holding a strategy session with... myself , I thought long and hard about what I should do for Platinums 59 and 60. As we all know, my "Milestone Plats" are usually not impressive (ex. #50 The Wolf Among Us for Vita); however, there are impressive ones (ex. #35 and Trophy 6,000 Dragon Age Origins). If I had it my way, #59 would be of easy or moderate difficulty and #60 would be something either harder, prestigious or years in the making. Suggestions are always welcome.

Take care and keep the Platinums coming!

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Hello everyone!

My vascular surgeon continues to wait for insurance to clear my venous stasis operation. The decision is expected to come in 1 or 2 weeks. Until then, I sit on my hands.

As for my checklist, I have replaced my old "About Me" with a new Bio in the style of wrestling. Tell me what you think!

As for gaming, with the likelihood of surgery in the near future I thought to myself: "If it all went away tomorrow..."
    I'm sure my operation will go well, and yet I have some interesting thoughts. If my talents as a wrestling announcer went away, I would have no regrets and wonderful memories that would last a lifetime.
    If my talent or will as a trophy hunter went away tomorrow, I would have great memories but a few regrets. My memories would be of the thrill and skill, the process and focus, the misses and triumphs. My regrets would be of the near-misses, the 0% games, and the "What If?" factor.
    To that end, I thought of two very different games that, were I to score Platinum, would be years in the making. These games need no introduction, but I will give them one anyway. I will also give my thoughts on my obstacles, skill and chances:

HEAVY RAIN: 24 LEFT, 45% COMPLETE.
    First Played: 2/23/2010 -- but I did not earn my first trophy until 4/14/2011 due to initial frustration with the controls.
    What's left: Any and all endings (including All Endings, Four Heroes, Heavy Rain Hero and Perfect Crime), Saved The Kid, Trial Master, Nerd and a host of chapter-specific trophies.
    Skill: Average at best, even on the easiest difficulty.
    Obstacles: The controls are unusual (to put it mildly) and I never was good at them. Also, it can be more difficult than most players to button-mash or shake a controller when I have screws in my elbow from a forearm metal plate. This will make Kamikaze, I'm Not Scared and Invincible Scott that much more difficult.
    Chances: Unlikely, but can increase chances with greater comprehension of the game's unusual controls.

INFAMOUS: 7 LEFT, 76% COMPLETE
    First Played: 5/26/2009 with first trophy earned on the same day.
    What's Left: An Evil Run, a Hard Run, Stunts and Blast Shards.
    Skill: Good at hunting collectibles, but below average in overall gameplay.
    Obstacles: The game assigns the player a "reduced" difficulty if the player did badly on the First 2 Missions, making it tougher to win on Hard Difficulty, especially with below average skills. Therefore, it is recommended that I do an Evil Run on Easy first, followed by my choice of Karma for a Hard Run. This is in addition to the usual troubles experienced with collecting Blast Shards and performing Stunts.
    Chances: Reasonable, but gameplay must be improved in order to successfully clear the game on Hard difficulty.

There would be two Platinums from two great PS3 exclusives that have been years in the making.
    My plan is to play both of these games in equal measure, time and willpower permitting. With skill, determination, focus and a little luck, I may claim these two Platinums yet. Of course, overdoing these games will likely bring on "trophy burnout", which would obviously hinder my progress. Hopefully, these 2 will either be the "Go Out With A Bang" going into surgery or a "Comeback Tour" upon returning home.
    Suggestions as to "alternate plans" are always welcome.
    Take care, everyone!
    Last edited by Icebrand1270; 04-23-2015 at 09:42 PM.

Theodore Roosevelt.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I'd recommend going for the Heavy Rain Platinum first, then the inFAMOUS platinum. The Heavy Rain one should be easy, as you can replay chapters to get the alternate sequence of events for all the endings. Though if you want some alternate recommendations, I advise you to go for the Okami HD platinum. That would make an amazing 60th platinum. And is a fair, if challenging at times game.

Kingdoms of Amalur would be a good Platinum to try for as well, maybe as your 59th. And after you plat these games or in-between platting them, I recommend going for the Wolverine plat, for an easy but respectable plat. Wolverine would make a good 61st/62nd platinum ^^

Awesome Sig by TheGeneral09
    My Awesome Checklist

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Tonto View Post
    I'd recommend going for the Heavy Rain Platinum first, then the inFAMOUS platinum. The Heavy Rain one should be easy, as you can replay chapters to get the alternate sequence of events for all the endings. Though if you want some alternate recommendations, I advise you to go for the Okami HD platinum. That would make an amazing 60th platinum. And is a fair, if challenging at times game.

Kingdoms of Amalur would be a good Platinum to try for as well, maybe as your 59th. And after you plat these games or in-between platting them, I recommend going for the Wolverine plat, for an easy but respectable plat. Wolverine would make a good 61st/62nd platinum ^^
    I shall consider your recommendations, although I concede that X-Men Origins Wolverine will be difficult to rent as it first released in 2009. I'm lucky to have copies of InFamous and Heavy Rain lying around the house. I would like to have Kingdoms of Amalur but I have not played it for some time and I believe the And Then there Was None trophy glitched at some point. I'll have to see if I can get back into Okami HD sometime. I'm also considering playing Dragon Fantasy Book II again, which is a short but good tribute to 16-bit RPGs, especially Chrono Trigger.
    Anyway, I played Heavy Rain for a bit and actually got 2 trophies (Queen of Ropes and Goodbye Mad Jack... after multiple tries). I have a good amount of chapter-specific trophies (Thank You Chapter Select) but there is plenty more to go. And by that, I mean plenty of opportunities to lose what's left of my hair, followed by waking up neighbors with a victory roar!
    I say to InFamous and Heavy Rain: Just Bring It! Why? Because: Whatcha Gonna Do when Icebrand1270 Platinums you?

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icebrand1270 View Post
    I shall consider your recommendations, although I concede that X-Men Origins Wolverine will be difficult to rent as it first released in 2009. I'm lucky to have copies of InFamous and Heavy Rain lying around the house. I would like to have Kingdoms of Amalur but I have not played it for some time and I believe the And Then there Was None trophy glitched at some point. I'll have to see if I can get back into Okami HD sometime. I'm also considering playing Dragon Fantasy Book II again, which is a short but good tribute to 16-bit RPGs, especially Chrono Trigger.
    Anyway, I played Heavy Rain for a bit and actually got 2 trophies (Queen of Ropes and Goodbye Mad Jack... after multiple tries). I have a good amount of chapter-specific trophies (Thank You Chapter Select) but there is plenty more to go. And by that, I mean plenty of opportunities to lose what's left of my hair, followed by waking up neighbors with a victory roar!
    I say to InFamous and Heavy Rain: Just Bring It! Why? Because: Whatcha Gonna Do when Icebrand1270 Platinums you?
    I loved X-Men Origins: Wolverine
    It's by far the best Wolverine game I've played
    It isn't that hard to platinum.

PRO Member

I loved X-Men Origins: Wolverine
    It's by far the best Wolverine game I've played
    It isn't that hard to platinum.
    You speak the truth there. To call that a "good movie game" would be insulting its quality.

And now:

PRESENTING PLATINUM 59

5 STAR WRESTING
    STAR PERFORMER

And so it is done. Thankfully.
    I don't have enough words to tell everybody how terrible this game is. This is the worst game I have played in years. There have been PS1 wrestling games with better mechanics.
    This game's "problems" are occasional but still inexcusable. A typical example includes being counted out even though you returned to the ring or sliding out of the ring after performing a strike or slam in the center of the ring. There are many other examples to be found, if you can afford an overpriced game (25 dollars) and be brave enough to try it.
    my lone comfort is the fact that I'm tracked by the site's partners at PSNTL as the 5th player to earn this, in spite of the fact that less that 100 are currently tracked for this game. This game is tough but I'm sure many just didn't like what they saw, and rightfully so.
    The truly sad part is the game had promise. it's a parody of the business of pro wrestling with a large moveset for each of its 8 wrestlers and an emphasis on "ring psychology" (sticking to wrestling style and alignment whether good or evil for points towards a 5 Star Performance) that was ruined by poor mechanics.
    Well, on to a more prestigious -- and mechanically sound -- game for Platinum 60. One can always hope.

Theodore Roosevelt.

Heavy Metal Rules!!!!!

congrats on your 59th
    For your 60th platinum you should do a racing game
    Like finish Motorstorm RC or Grid 2
    ****My Trophy Card****

Toggle Spoiler

Awesome Sig made by iGame
    Backblast's Platinum List

Page 61 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast