View Poll Results: What new features/improvements/expansions would you like to see?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trophy Difficulty/Enjoyment Ratings on Platinums

2 66.67%
  • Easiest/Hardest/Most Fun Trophies on Platinums

2 66.67%
  • List of all my Trophy-Enabled Games

0 0%
  • Expanded Platinum Descriptions

0 0%
  • Expanded Platinum Wishlist Descriptions

0 0%
  • Expanded PSN 100% Club Section

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 70 of 72 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1426

Icebrand1270's NEW humble trophy chceklist.

This is a discussion on Icebrand1270's NEW humble trophy chceklist. within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Greetings once again, everyone! And now: After over 5 Years and 2 Months, A return to a game long forgotten, ...

PRO Member

Greetings once again, everyone! And now:

After over 5 Years and 2 Months,
    A return to a game long forgotten,
    The longest journey to a Platinum for me EVER,

Ladies and Gentlemen,
    Boys and Girls,
    And all the Moonblades this world will ever see,
    Proudly presenting a Platinum over 5 Years and 2 Months in the Making,

Platinum 80
    PS3 Platinum 63
    Venetica
    3/15/2016

All theatrics aside, I certainly took the (extremely) long route to get this Platinum!
    Originally released in Europe in late 2010, it came to the US in January of 2011, which is when I first played it. Having little press, bad reviews and even worse sales, few people heard of this Action-RPG when it came out... and even fewer remember it now.
    You play as Scarlett, a young woman who learns that she is the daughter of the Final Guide (Venetica's version of Death). Her powers start to come into their own and are required to combat the Final Guide's former apprentice, Victor, who betrayed him to become the powerful Undead Archon. Armed with a scythe known as the Moonblade, her quest leads her to the legendary city of Venice, where she has the power to choose between justice and vengeance.
    The story is good, as you can see. The mechanics are not so good, sadly. The game is freeze-prone. The combat is okay. The trophies are an interesting bunch, but be warned that some have been known to glitch (and did to me a couple of years ago). The toughest trophy by far is No Drugs, a Gold trophy which requires a complete playthrough without using healing potions.
    This also makes 4 Platinums in a Month for the 3rd Time in my Career! What will I do with half a month left? Go for more, of course!
    For now, it's time to celebrate!!!

Last edited by Icebrand1270; 03-15-2016 at 11:08 PM.

Avy and 10K Checklist Elite Bar by DaRe

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

PRO Member

Hello again! Ready or not, I have more milestones and other good stuff:

9,900 Trophies!!! Let the countdown to 10K begin!!!

And I hope you aren't sick of my good Platinum streak, because:
    Presenting:

81. XBlaze Lost Memories (PS Vita)
    PS Vita Platinum 18
    3/17/2016

This makes 5 Platinum Trophies in a Single Month, a first for me! It is also my best start to the year EVER, with 9 Platinum Trophies on the year so far!
    This plays identical to the PS3 version, so (just like I did with XBlaze Code Embryo) I sped through dialogue to finish the Platinum as quickly as I could, resulting in needing just 2 days to finish this instead of 4 with the PS3 version. With plenty of time left in the month, I'll see if I can squeeze in 1 more Platinum before the month is through!

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

Banned

Congrats for new recent plats!

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on the new plats

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryAbel210 View Post
    Congrats for new recent plats!
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Congrats on the new plats

Thanks guys! It's been a crazy month so far for me!

3/19/2016 saw me earn 4 of the 10 Rarest Trophies I have EVER earned:
    (All based on PSNTL stats)
    Jump into hyperspace! from ZEN Pinball 2 (PS3): 0.87% (4th rarest)
    Jump into hyperspace! from ZEN Pinball 2 (PS Vita): 1.37% (10th rarest)
    Giggity Giggity Goo! from ZEN Pinball 2 (PS3): 0.48% (Rarest trophy EVER)
    Giggity Giggity Goo! from ZEN Pinball 2 (PS Vita): 0.51% (2nd rarest)

This also makes 6 trophies overall with a "rarity rate" of under 1% for me! GO ME!

I'm now at 9,934 Trophies as the countdown to 10,000 trophies continues! The Uncharted 4 PS4 bundle I pre-ordered should be paid off by the first week of April and it comes out on April 26th (same date as the game, of course). I'm guaranteed a Platinum on PS4 with Sound Shapes (being an instant triple-plat) and having all the DLC trophies would guarantee 10,000 trophies as well. Of course, I would like to secure 10,000 trophies before that and not be so... cheap. Time will tell.

Theodore Roosevelt.

Beast Incarnate

Definitely don't do Sound Shapes until you have hit 10,000 trophies. Make 10,000 meaningful. After that....screw it.....whore out those Sound Shapes plats. I did!

PRO Member

Definitely don't do Sound Shapes until you have hit 10,000 trophies. Make 10,000 meaningful. After that....screw it.....whore out those Sound Shapes plats. I did!
    Sound advice my friend! I have seen your recent Sound Shapes Platinum streak. I have Platinum for the PS3 and PS Vita versions already, so it would happen on PS4 instantly. Needless to say, let us not be so cheap when going for 10,000 trophies!
    As for what to make Trophy 10,000, "meaningful" can take many forms. As you said in a VM we exchanged, it doesn't have to be difficult unless I want it to be. The same can be said about making it a Platinum not being necessary. I still have some ground to cover as I'm at 9,957 trophies now.
    I looked up some records (which took some time, believe me) and found some interesting facts about my certain milestones of significance. March 2011 saw Trophy 2,000 and March 2013 saw Trophy 5,000. Trophy 5,000 was called No Joke (from Devil may Cry 2 HD) and Trophy 7,000 was called Rockin' Score (from the Vita version of Hot Shots Golf World Invitational). I have scored a Platinum on 2 "Century Milestones": 6,000 with Dragon Age Origins and 6,700 with Zero Escape Virtue's Last Reward (Vita). What does this mean for trophy 10,000? I have absolutely no clue, as always! Still, it will be fun to find out!

Speaking of Platinums,
    I hope my friends aren't sick of my "Month of the Platinum",
    I don't care how sick the haters are of my red-hot March of 2016,
    Because here it comes *loud drumroll*
    Presenting:

Platinum 82
    Vita Platinum 19
    Norn9: Var Commons
    3/21/2016

And so, my red-hot March of 2016 continues!
    6 Platinum Trophies in a Single Month for the First Time EVER!!!
    10 Platinum Trophies so far This Year!!!
    This is a visual novel made by the same guys who made Code Realize. I figured after doing one of their games, I'd go through another and see how it goes. It has action, adventure, war, mystery, sci-fi elements, cheesy romance, comic relief, hiyokos (baby chicks) and a 12-year old genius who is stuck on an airship with a dozen people gifted with magical powers.
    Sadly, I didn't like this one nearly as much as I did Code Realize. The characters were significantly more... lame. Nowhere near as cool. Without giving anything away, 2 characters stand out in this department. I ended up doing the "non-stop read" for their stories just to get their parts over with.
    There were good parts to the game, though. Sorata (the 12-year-old genius) provided much comic relief between the action, mystery and cheesy romance elements. (Typical observations from Sorata: "Our work team bickers a lot Sorata". "How is that different from anyone else here?") The epilogue was cool, if you ask me.
    Well, that's another one down (and another to send back to Gamefly).
    What's next? A change of genre might be a good idea, I think!

Theodore Roosevelt.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Congrats on your new Plat. You are certainly having a great month.

Beast Incarnate

Another one? You'll be overtaking me at this rate!

Banned

Congrats for new plat!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadMardigan_88 View Post
    Congrats on your new Plat. You are certainly having a great month.
    Another one? You'll be overtaking me at this rate!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryAbel210 View Post
    Congrats for new plat!
    Thanks guys! Great month is the word, MadMardigan! This is definitely one to remember!
    DragonWolf, I don't think I'll be overtaking you anytime soon. You are ahead by 80 Plats and you already have 8 this month. Still, I suppose a man can dream, yes?
    Keep in mind that most of these Plats have been on the easy side of things. Venetica was the tough one for me and it definitely felt good to go back after over 5 years to score Platinum. Between that and the rarity of my Don Bradman Cricket 14 Platinum back in January (6.27%), there have been some great Platinum highlights. Let's also remember that 3 of my 6 "prestige" trophies were earned this month as well. So how do I close out such a fantastic month? 10,000 Trophies, perhaps? WE SHALL SEE!!!

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Welcome once again, ladies and gentlemen! Without further interruption, I present the milestone of:

10,000 PlayStation Trophies!!!

The trophy that did it was:

"The marrow of these trees, Manny, they suck it out, it's like cement!"
    Grim fandango Remastered (Vita)

The culmination of over 7 years of trophy hunting!
    Of being told I was wasting my time... by people who don't want to understand what this means or how it is no different than any other hobby or passion.
    Was it worth it?
    INDEED IT IS!!!
    Here's to 10,000 more!
    OH HELL YEAH!!!

Theodore Roosevelt.

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on 10,000 trophies. I'm still miles off that. As for you overtaking me, you will have every chance as I'll be going into an RPG and longer games binge soon. I'll be lucky to get 1 a month.

PRO Member

Congrats on 10,000 trophies. I'm still miles off that. As for you overtaking me, you will have every chance as I'll be going into an RPG and longer games binge soon. I'll be lucky to get 1 a month.
    Thanks DragonWolf! To be honest, I feel plenty "burned out" now and may need to cool off for a few days (for sanity's sake, you understand). I get the feeling that April will be a lean month for trophies... especially with my Uncharted 4 PS4 Bundle delayed to May 10 (since the game was delayed to May 10, of course). Still, you never know with me!

Theodore Roosevelt.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Congrats on reaching 10,000 trophies. That is a well earned accomplishment and a long grind to get there. May you get your next 10,000 quicker than your first. Awesome job bud.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadMardigan_88 View Post
    Congrats on reaching 10,000 trophies. That is a well earned accomplishment and a long grind to get there. May you get your next 10,000 quicker than your first. Awesome job bud.
    THANK YOU ALL!!!March of 2016 was a "career month" for me in the truest sense of the word. It was one non-stop highlight reel! Behold the stats:

212 Trophies!
    6 Platinums, 2 of them in under 24 Hours!
    34 Gold Trophies!
    7,350 Trophy Points!
    4 of the 10 Rarest trophies of my career, 3 of the 5 Rarest, the 2 Rarest!
    3 Trophies with a "success rate" of under 1%!
    The longest journey to a Platinum EVER with Venetica!
    10,000 Trophies!!!

As I say goodbye to a great month (as far as this goes, anyway), I feel like wrapping this up with a song! I was looking at some more... sentimental music on YouTube recently and came across this to celebrate 10,000 Trophies. It may seem an unusual choice, but this is me for you! (And likely my retirement song when my days as a wrestling announcer are over... not that I'm retiring anytime soon, of course.)

<font size="3"><font size="2"><font size="3">

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Hello everyone! It's been some time since I posted last, hasn't it? Well, here we are again!

April looks to be a month where a Platinum would be a surprise. Given the fact that I'm coming off a month with 6 Platinum Trophies, that's not surprising. Still, you never know!

Anyway, some REALLY good news:

My Uncharted 4 PS4 Bundle is now completely paid off at the local GameStop!!! May 10th of 2016, here comes... me!!!

Theodore Roosevelt.

PRO Member

Hello everyone! I'm back! *evil laugh*

And now:

PRESENTING:

Platinum 83
    Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault (PS3)
    4/20/2016

11 consecutive months with a Platinum for me... for just the second time ever! GO ME!
    This strategy game combines tower defense with city planning across 5 destinations and a story with many boss battles. It is not a hard game but does require a LOT of post-plot grinding (and poor planning will be a costly mistake).
    Can I squeeze one more Platinum before my Uncharted 4 PS4 Bundle arrives on May 10th? We shall see!

Theodore Roosevelt.

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on the new platinum man

Banned

Congrats for new plat!