Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

GDT's Plats, Stats and Chats Checklist

This is a discussion on GDT's Plats, Stats and Chats Checklist within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; a for the fallen members...

Digital Terror

a for the fallen members

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Awesome checklist! Great videos and contents. Your game setup is GREAT. Thanks for sharing this much content. I'll follow your CL's progress :gdt:
    JPR

Ice Cream Firefighter

I'm back yet again but for once I haven't had bad luck but it's been a lot of work and good news. My mother finally got her knee replacement surgery after almost 2 years after her operation was first needed. She can't do much atm and is still in a lot of pain (which is getting better with every passing day) and so I've spent the last week looking after her at her place. I finally got the chance to come home today after a week because her sister, (my Aunty) turned up to take over so I could go back to my girls and I've really missed my girls as they spent the week with their other grandparents.

Finally in the time i've had off recently I've been thinking of how the competition is going to move forward next month and I have a plan in place for the 2014 biggest competition :gdt:

After I catch up with my girls for a bit, I will come back here and take care of getting the winners their prizes. As ant1 said, it would be expensive to send the consoles to the winners and i've known that for a long time. So what i'm doing is that I will be transferring the money directly to them using Western Union Money Transfer. I've missed everyone here and will be good to catch up with everyone very soon.

See you in a few hours ppl

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Forget I Was Ever Here

Glad to see ya back bud. Enjoy your time with the girls

It is time for me to go underground

Notorious K.I.D.

Take all the time you need for your girls, me and mine are perfectly fine with the time it takes. Just glad to hear that your absence was due to things going good for you for once.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

PRO Member

good to see your still going strong man and you family is doing well.

Ice Cream Firefighter

Sad day today, my friend of 16yrs died this morning at 44yrs old. He was a big guy and was warned that he had to lose some weight or die by the hospital and his friends, including myself. I've taken in his kids as my own for the moment, 14 girl and 15 boy to avoid seeing them go into the child welfare system, so now I have a family of 5, we spent the day today moving them in here and making them feel at home with us.

On a brighter note, as most would know by now that I've launched the next big comp for the year and I think that I have done a great job with setting it up but I still have to finish it off by posting the next part, the monthly competitions and the Reaper HoF thread. They should start going up very soon as I have everything ready on hand to go.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 9 - Gold

Sorry to here about your friend. I also have a friend that just doesn't seem to want to try to loose weight and her daughter appears to be following in her footsteps. You are certainly a good man for taking in his two kids. I would certainly do the same thing if I had too. Yeah it would really suck to see them get stuck in the system and probably separated which is what would probably happen. Right now that certainly isn't what they need. Sending you some rep and a lot of respect.

Beast Incarnate

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. You are truly a kind person, taking in his 2 kids is extraordinarily kind

Notorious K.I.D.

No surprise you would do that for your friend. Anyone who shows the loyalty and kindness to anonymous people on a website like you do, would definitely take in his friends kids. Mad props for proving once again how much of a stand up person you are. I'm proud to know you and use you as an example when I have to describe to my kids how to treat people. Keep your head up, karma is gonna allow you to reap fortunes one day I swear.

Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

PRO Member

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I was once 380 pounds and nearly paid for it with my life due to an artery rupture 4 years ago. I have since lost almost 90 pounds, getting me under 300 pounds for the first time in over 10 years.
    I may not share many peoples' belief in religion or karma, but you showed you are a man of worth by helping his children out the way you did. May whatever higher power is out there smile upon you.

Avy and 10K Checklist Elite Bar by DaRe

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

Drunken Nights

Sorry to hear about your friend . Words can't describe how great of a person you are in taking in his children during this difficult time. God bless you my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Icebrand1270 View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I was once 380 pounds and nearly paid for it with my life due to an artery rupture 4 years ago. I have since lost almost 90 pounds, getting me under 300 pounds for the first time in over 10 years.
    I may not share many peoples' belief in religion or karma, but you showed you are a man of worth by helping his children out the way you did. May whatever higher power is out there smile upon you.
    Sorry to hear about what you had to go through. Stay strong.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    Sad day today, my friend of 16yrs died this morning at 44yrs old. He was a big guy and was warned that he had to lose some weight or die by the hospital and his friends, including myself. I've taken in his kids as my own for the moment, 14 girl and 15 boy to avoid seeing them go into the child welfare system, so now I have a family of 5, we spent the day today moving them in here and making them feel at home with us.

On a brighter note, as most would know by now that I've launched the next big comp for the year and I think that I have done a great job with setting it up but I still have to finish it off by posting the next part, the monthly competitions and the Reaper HoF thread. They should start going up very soon as I have everything ready on hand to go.
    Damn man sorry to hear about your friend but at least the kids know your great person and will be in safe hands for now..keep your head up mate the world always throws us twists and turns to knock us down but we gotta stay strong and fight them off that was 2013 for me after all .

Ice Cream Firefighter

Thanks for all your kind words everyone I appreciate it.

It's been a full stop week these past few days with work, funeral arrangements, four kids and everything else inbetween, haven't barely had time to even scratch my head or even play a game and I still need to make the last two competitions for this month. The funeral is in around 10hrs from now.

Time to get back to work on the competitions now.
    :gdt:

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

PRO Member

Thanks for all your kind words everyone I appreciate it.

It's been a full stop week these past few days with work, funeral arrangements, four kids and everything else inbetween, haven't barely had time to even scratch my head or even play a game and I still need to make the last two competitions for this month. The funeral is in around 10hrs from now.

Time to get back to work on the competitions now.
    :gdt:
    Holy hell man...I wish I would have read the previous posts and I'm sorry I haven't. I sincerely send my condolences your way friend and hope you stay strong through a trying time.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Yay I finally found your checklist dad.

I thought I would leave a list of the new games that we got for you thanks to grandad while you were gone to make doing your new updated checklist easier.

PS4
    Child of Light
    Transformers Rise of the Dark Spark
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2
    Final Fantasy XIV - Sorry dad I installed it and wasted the one free month
    Lego Movie The Video game
    Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes
    Thief
    Lego Hobbits
    Lego Marvel Super Heroes
    Knack
    Watchdogs

PS3
    Final Fantasy X/X2
    Lightning Returns Final Fantasy
    Dark Souls 2
    Tales of Symphonia Chronicles
    NFS The Run

Vita
    New version Vita system. *its mine dad not yours
    Lego Chima Lavals Journey
    Sly Cooper Thieves in Time
    God of War Collection
    XS Memories of Celceta
    Borderlands 2

xbox one
    NFS Rivals - Sorry I know you have it already but I wanted to see if the xbox players played harder. You taught me to drive too well
    Zoo Tycoon
    Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare
    Titanfall
    Murdered Soul Suspect
    Angry Birds Star Wars

preorders
    Destiny bundle
    Middle Earth bundle
    Dragon Age Inquisition - We missed the bundle but preordered it as soon as it was available
    Assassins Creed Unity bundle - You have to watch the E3 trailer for it, its amazing
    Far Cry 4 bundle - same with this trailer gramps made me turn it off before it was finished though as it was too violent
    Elder Scrolls Online bundle
    Dying Light
    Witcher 3 bundle

I know that Reenie and I talked grandad into buying games that wasnt on your list but we didnt think you would mind if we done so.

Ice Cream Firefighter

I need to update this list bigtime but atm that can wait. My daughters got me so many new games. Even more than Miss Inferno stated above this post.

I finally have enough money to pay the prizes I think ($2300) at least 2 for sure will be paid out in the next hour, either KID and Vettes or KID and Daftprophet but either way the winner gets theirs today.

I've been having some issues getting another job but since I just got out of jail this was to be expected so yesterday I sold my unopened copies of FFVII and RE2 for $1200 and I dropped some money on a new set of headphones that works with both new consoles and a heap of new preorders including Borderlands the pre sequel, Halo 1-4 HD, Halo 5, Evolve and the PS4 Last of Us. I even scored myself a Lara Croft Statue.

I have also been thinking of new ideas to keep everyone entertained and I may have got something that should entertain. Without giving anything away how does interactive developer war stories sound?

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Ice Cream Firefighter

Just got back from the shops.

KID and Vettes have both been paid their prizes, I will have to contact the both of them when they are on or I will PM them the info they need. With the conversion rates and the Western Union transfer fees out of $2300 I only have around $120 left so I will have to get back to Daftprophet with his prize asap.

KID's prize cost me $1348.30 and that will get him $1,151 this covers the PS4 and Xbone, Kinect and 3 games.
    Vettes' was a little different as 3rd place was actually more expensive than 2nd , his prize cost me $831.90 and that will get him $701 this covers the PS4, 2 games and $100 cash.

When I pay Daftprophets prize it will be the same value as Vettes' prize but the $100 turns into a Kinect camera

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Notorious K.I.D.

Never any doubt you'd come through man, hit me up next time you're on.

Breakfast and Chill

Just got back from the shops.

KID and Vettes have both been paid their prizes, I will have to contact the both of them when they are on or I will PM them the info they need.

Prize received. Thank you GDT
    Last edited by Vettes; 07-27-2014 at 01:19 PM.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast