Wdog's Trophy Quest of Ultimate Ego and Zero Dignity

This is a discussion on Wdog's Trophy Quest of Ultimate Ego and Zero Dignity within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Introduction: Hello, fellow trophy hunters. My name is Walter, I'm 15 and I've been trophy whoring since the day I've ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Wdog's Trophy Quest of Ultimate Ego and Zero Dignity

Introduction: Hello, fellow trophy hunters. My name is Walter, I'm 15 and I've been trophy whoring since the day I've gotten my PS3. Before the PS3, I've played on my Xbox 360, where I was introduced to the wonder that is achievements, and once I started getting them, I just couldn't stop, and back then, I used to still play kiddie games, so it got engraved into my mind that they just so happen to have depressingly easy achievements, thus leading to my status as an achievement/trophy whore that still rages on today. When I received my PS3 on Christmas 2011, I ended up just abandoning my 360 shortly after and starting with an advantage on the PS3 due to already having a good knowledge of what to play for trophies as well as some assets that I got while playing on my 360 (GameFly, for one). In the process of only a year (give or take a few days), I've managed to get from Level 1 to Level 20 with 30 plats by the end of 2012. As for myself outside of trophy whoring, I happen to be a big fan of anime/manga as seen by the amount of imports and other anime-style games on my profile. Unfortunately, as for school, I happen to be usually bogged down with homework, which has definitely hurt my progress on more than one occasion (hell, even my recent Spring Break wasn't free from HW). As for life, I'm not actually all that social; in fact, I happen to try to push people away from me more than I try to invite them to talk. I do however, have a profile on the NIS America forums that I use very often. Regarding what I use my free time for, though I do occasionally manage to watch anime (currently waiting for Oreimo 2 to end so I can watch it in one fell swoop), I have so little free time anymore that I use most of it for video games.

Platinums

Phineas and Ferb Across the Second Dimension (1/29/12)

Cars 2 (2/4/12)

Family Game Night (2/11/12)

Megamind (3/3/12)

Last Rebellion (3/16/12)

Hyperdimension Neptunia (3/16/12)

The Penguins of Madagascar (3/25/12)

#8 (First Vita Plat)

Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Vita) (4/9/12)

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (4/14/12)

NCIS (4/21/12)

Back to the Future: The Game (5/20/12)

Trine 2 (6/2/12)

Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 (US) (6/3/12)

Rio (6/17/12)

Spare Parts (6/26/12)

Cabela's Adventure Camp (6/26/12)

Hello Kitty to Issho: Block Crash V (6/29/12)

Hannah Montana The Movie (7/1/12)

Ben 10: Galactic Racing (Vita) (7/10/12)

Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (7/24/12)

Ben 10: Galactic Racing (PS3) (8/3/12)

Sly 2 (8/19/12)

Resistance: Burning Skies (8/24/12)

#24 & #25 (Vita and PS3)

Sound Shapes (8/24/12 (Vita) 9/3/12 (PS3))

Up (9/23/12)

Ice Age 3 (9/30/12)

Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 (JP) (10/27/12)

The Walking Dead (11/21/12)

Wonderbook: Book of Spells (12/28/12)

Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires (1/6/13)

Pictionary: Ultimate Edition (1/13/13)

Toy Story Mania! (1/19/13)

Puss in Boots (1/21/13)

Marvel Super Hero Squad: Comic Combat (1/21/13)

Miku Hatsune: Project Diva f (1/25/13)

National Geographic Challenge (1/27/13)

Instant Artist (1/27/13)

Band Hero (2/5/13)

Smart As (2/13/13)

Family Game Night 3 (2/23/13)

Time Leap (3/26/13)
    My first VN plat. I'd been playing Beyond the Future: Fix the Time Arrows beforehand, but the routes on that are longer and more choice-filled, though the amount of choices in BtF made it more engaging than Time Leap, even if I was skipping through everything in both games. Though the routes in this are shorter (30-45 minutes compared to 1-1.5 hours), there are only 11 choices per route (12 in the last two routes, but it added about 30 seconds per route) and they all take place in the first half of the route, so you're just sitting there for 15-30 minutes holding down the R1 button, which gets mind-numbingly boring quickly. Thank God I had my iPod on me so I could check the NISA forums in the meantime. Anyway, I do have other VNs coming soon (Ryoufuu no Melt and Dunamis15), so they'll likely be my next plats, and if not those, then BtF shall be my next plat.

Melt of a Cool Breeze: Days in the Sanctuary (3/28/13)
    Damn, when people said this is an hour platinum, they weren't joking. I got this plat in 50 minutes and 33 seconds, beating out Wonderbook as my fastest plat, which was about 2 hours. Not many choices in this one, though I must give credit to the developers for their oh-so creative ways of making the correct choice for every decision before the main decision the first choice. Seriously, what the hell? Anyway, after that main choice (which I saved at to save time), there were two more choices for the first route and one more choice for the other three routes. Also, there were after stories for each of the four girls along with a final route unlocked by completing the after stories that had one choice in it, yet it still took a good 10 minutes to do. Also, and this frustrates me, the first time you see each credit sequence, you can't skip it. Now, even when there's just one sequence, it's pretty damn annoying because it kills the pace, but in this game, there are three, count them, three fucking credit sequences, none of which can be skipped until you've seen them at least once, and there's one for the normal routes, one for the after stories, and one for the final route. Anyway, this was a platinum I was actually looking forward to getting to be honest. In fact, it's a game I've wanted for almost as long as I've had my PS3 because of how infamously easy the platinum is. At first, my mom always said no when I asked her about it, but when I saw Dunamis15 on sale at Play-Asia, we wanted to use a coupon, but the coupon required an order of $60 or more and due to the sale, Dunamis15 was only $50, so without asking any other questions, my mom asked me which game in my Saved Items list I wanted to add to the cart to tip the order over $60, so I seized my chance and ordered this game.

Dunamis15 (3/28/13)
    Well, I'm going on a little vacation tomorrow until Monday or so, so I figured that I might as well get as much out of the way as I can since when I get back, I'll have some Spring Break homework to do, so that'll eat into my time. Anyway, there's not too much that I can say about this one since I spent a good 60% or so of it looking at stuff on my computer. Well, I can say that thanks to things such as dinner and listening to the opening over and over again, I spent much longer on this than I needed to (I wanted to get three plats today, but I guess that isn't happening since it's almost time for bed). I can also say that from what I caught of the premise without any Japanese knowledge and with skipping most of the text anyway, this seems to be a really interesting story, and I imagine it's good given 5pb.'s reputation, so this game is making it more and more tempting to learn Japanese.

Ultra Dimension Neptune V (JP) (4/5/13)
    Well, I had this game since Christmas and the farthest I got was to Chapter 5 before I started playing other games, but when the game came out in America, I figured that I should start this again since I plan on getting a double platinum for every game in the series and the best weapon DLC likely won't be out for a little while, not to mention that Spring Break is the last big break I have until summer, so I figured I'd dedicate it to something on a bit of a larger scale. Anyway, thanks to DLC, I was able to rush through most of the game, and I say most because my rushing came back to bite me in the ass later when I needed to make 100 items and I barely had any materials because I just couldn't be bothered to get them. That said, my looting of every dungeon actually took longer than the lily ranks, which I took care of while I was looting, eliminating that grind from being a hassle. At first, I wanted to do the perfect chapter ranking last, but then I noticed that the last three trophies I could earn were a bronze, a silver, and a gold, so I decided to go for what I like to call a trophy rainbow (last four trophies are bronze, silver, gold, and platinum in that order). When I did the perfect score, I noticed that I was able to synthesize a few more items, so I decided to keep going through New Game Plus until I got my 100 items, which I pulled off in right near the end of Chapter 3, after which I went back to my True Ending save and did the 6 Pirachus battle for a few minutes and got the platinum.

CSI: Fatal Conspiracy (4/7/13)
    Well, I decided to get this during that Ubisoft sale a little bit ago since it was only $10. Yeah, I know I could've just rented it, but dammit, I need trophies and I need them now! Anyway, at first, I found the game to be incredibly boring, so I was just going to complete the first case for my 52% (nice trophy balance -_-) and leave it at that, but I managed to convince myself to carry on with the game after realizing that it wouldn't seem so drawn out if I maybe bothered to play the game for stretches that lasted longer than a minute each. Also, I realized that with skipping dialogue, I was making it through each case's guide much faster, not to mention the guide for the first case was quite longer than the others. Anyway, besides that whole resolved issue, this was actually a really easy plat, though it did take me a little bit because of me starting it up at late times. Also, it wasn't nearly as clunky as the first game on the 360, so that was definitely a plus.

Start the Party: Save the World (4/19/13)
    To be honest, I'd be lying if I said that I had an easy time with this plat. In fact, it was rather tiring for me to the point that I actually gave up on it several months ago when I got frustrated with some of the trophies. Looking to revisit some games to get their plats, I decided to go back to this one. To my surprise, I managed to get most of the trophies without any real trouble once I went back to it. Though it may have to do with the fact that I wasn't trying to abuse the game this time by moving super-close to the TV. Of course, I still had trouble with the "all divers over 8 areas" trophy (the time limit is unforgiving) and the last two Survivor trophies. Hell, Survivor was quite a bit of a problem seeing as how my arms would quickly get tired from having to do everything so damn fast, and it took several tries to make it past 4 minutes.

Muv-Luv (5/12/13)

Well, since Play-Asia decided to give a 25% of coupon to loyal customers, I decided to order this game since it had 10 golds. It was a fairly quick plat, but the amount of unskippable cutscenes is ridiculous, particularly with the endings of Unlimited, for which excluding the one ending with the teacher, there's one unskippable cutscene for each of the 5 normal ending and two unskippable cutscenes for each of the good endings. It's one thing to make the credits unskippable, but when the entire basis of your game and the only reason most people would buy it is the damn story, making it unskippable isn't at all necessary. Hell, I'm pretty sure the first ending cutscene is exactly the same for all 10 endings it appears in, so even for people who are playing it for the story, that must get annoying. Also, unless the guide I was following was wrong, the endings for the five girls have to be done in 5 full playthroughs like in Time Leap, so that was kinda annoying, but I guess there's some kind of story related reason for that. Also, as for the fanservice, there's a reason why this game is rated for people 17 and older. More than a few CGs come very close to showing nipples and there are even a couple of scenes that you can clearly tell were sex scenes in the 18+ version, such as a scene where you and a girl are in bed with you groping the girl's boobs and making out with her.
    Last edited by Wdog-999; 05-12-2013 at 02:20 PM.

Heavy Metal Rules!!!!!

1st post a cl congrats! nice start but needs images for those plats.
    ****My Trophy Card****

Toggle Spoiler

Awesome Sig made by iGame
    Backblast's Platinum List

Inactive

Nice start with the CL a lot of info but some images would make it stand out more.

| YouTube Channel | GDT Comp Banner by djunglist |

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Well, I've added pictures, made the text for the plat numbers and game names bigger, and spaced out each plat as to make the checklist more presentable.

worlds biggest welch fan

Well said on the intro and props for going after the double plats with Hyper D.

Nice work on your checklist.

game it up time to bounce
    SIG BY ME

FFXIII Plat #35 trophy #5,000 goal reached

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Well, I still have to get the double plat for the first and third games. On the first one, I still have to do the sidequests, which is very boring. In V, I'm waiting for summer to just blaze through the NA plat (hoping to get a time of <48 hours including afk time). Also, I got the Korean version of mk2 today and I plan on making it my 50th plat and my first triple plat. I plan to eventually get every single HDN plat possible, even the Korean versions. I guess you could say that I really like this series. As for my 48th and 49th plats, I did get the JP versions of Last Rebellion and Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires, so those will likely be my next plats.

PRO Member

Great. Now I'm trying to remember what I was doing when I was 14. It's certainly been a while. Nice looking list so far and good luck whoring it up.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Muv-Luv

Well, since Play-Asia decided to give a 25% of coupon to loyal customers, I decided to order this game since it had 10 golds. It was a fairly quick plat, but the amount of unskippable cutscenes is ridiculous, particularly with the endings of Unlimited, for which excluding the one ending with the teacher, there's one unskippable cutscene for each of the 5 normal ending and two unskippable cutscenes for each of the good endings. It's one thing to make the credits unskippable, but when the entire basis of your game and the only reason most people would buy it is the damn story, making it unskippable isn't at all necessary. Hell, I'm pretty sure the first ending cutscene is exactly the same for all 10 endings it appears in, so even for people who are playing it for the story, that must get annoying. Also, unless the guide I was following was wrong, the endings for the five girls have to be done in 5 full playthroughs like in Time Leap, so that was kinda annoying, but I guess there's some kind of story related reason for that. Also, as for the fanservice, there's a reason why this game is rated for people 17 and older. More than a few CGs come very close to showing nipples and there are even a couple of scenes that you can clearly tell were sex scenes in the 18+ version, such as a scene where you and a girl are in bed with you groping the girl's boobs and making out with her.