Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

T.H.C. by K.I.D.

This is a discussion on T.H.C. by K.I.D. within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by Beam I did 13-2 in 48 hours, not 75 lol 75 with DLC maybe, but not to ...

Notorious K.I.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Beam View Post
    I did 13-2 in 48 hours, not 75 lol 75 with DLC maybe, but not to plat it
    Well fuck, then I have no idea how long it took me to 100% it. I still think it was around 80 hours. Did you plat 13 in 85 hours, maybe that was the one I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kankri View Post
    Thinking back on it, it was just an OK game. Nothing really BAD about it, but nothing great either. Probably been said before, but it would've worked better as something other than Final Fantasy.

Hated the battle system at first, but I liked it a bit better when I played it last year. Battles were pretty exciting, my only complaint is that they ended up taking a while to complete, even for just harder than average enemies.

Music and visuals were great, as usual. I actually went out of my way to download the soundtrack to XIII and XIII-2 a couple weeks ago, and I've enjoyed them (except for Crazy Chocobo) when they play on my playlist. (Which I've randomized, and it has 7676 songs)
    That right there. I bought it brand new when it first came out, but I was really unimpressed with the story so I sold it off pretty quick. Then last year I got 13-2 for my sons 360 (I was PS3-less), and then me and Beam proceeded to go through together via MSN. Again the story was ass, but I loved the combat and the monster collecting. Then when I got my PS3 back I knew I had to go back and try 13 again. It's a beautiful game no doubt, and the combat system is fun as shit, but I like my FF's to have an open-world feel to it, a sense that i can take a break and go hunting for rare shit. The Stones missions didn't do it for me.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Notorious K.I.D.

I've been playing Kingdoms of Amalur lately, been enjoying that a ton haha. Very fun game, and it should be less than $20 now.
    Yeah, I enjoyed it a ton when I played it. That price seems about right too. You can put a TON of hours into it, and it's right up your alley. Hack and Slash, TONS TONS of loot. Faction quests, hundreds of side quests, and a half baked but typical rpg story.
    Now I have to get it.

13 takes a while to get into IMO, and it all depends on how much you like the battle system. It's really the main draw of the game. The post game stuff is where the game really shines, as there's so much more to do in a battle then just auto attack your way through the story. A bit too much grinding the same enemy for the platinum though. Still one of my favorite games, just because I got far too into the battle system.
    The battle system turned out to be one of my favorite as far as FF games go (I liked 12's as well). And the graphics were beyond superb. But I want more than that in my FF's. Like Kankri said, they could have called it something else and I would have probably loved it more.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Game Review Team

Quote Originally Posted by K.I.D. View Post
    Well fuck, then I have no idea how long it took me to 100% it. I still think it was around 80 hours. Did you plat 13 in 85 hours, maybe that was the one I was thinking.

That right there. I bought it brand new when it first came out, but I was really unimpressed with the story so I sold it off pretty quick. Then last year I got 13-2 for my sons 360 (I was PS3-less), and then me and Beam proceeded to go through together via MSN. Again the story was ass, but I loved the combat and the monster collecting. Then when I got my PS3 back I knew I had to go back and try 13 again. It's a beautiful game no doubt, and the combat system is fun as shit, but I like my FF's to have an open-world feel to it, a sense that i can take a break and go hunting for rare shit. The Stones missions didn't do it for me.
    Definitely, I especially liked FF7, where even with the Meteor about to impact with the Planet, you could still go around the world, and even see the NPC's reactions to it. Little things like that make the game.

13 takes a while to get into IMO, and it all depends on how much you like the battle system. It's really the main draw of the game. The post game stuff is where the game really shines, as there's so much more to do in a battle then just auto attack your way through the story. A bit too much grinding the same enemy for the platinum though. Still one of my favorite games, just because I got far too into the battle system.
    I'd have liked the game a lot better, but I'm still very very bitter from then first Barthandelus fight. It was bullshit and made me stop playing the game for over a year.

Yeah, I enjoyed it a ton when I played it. That price seems about right too. You can put a TON of hours into it, and it's right up your alley. Hack and Slash, TONS TONS of loot. Faction quests, hundreds of side quests, and a half baked but typical rpg story.
    I pretty much play just to collect the loot, and then selling off the junk to make lots of gold, which I never use but always think I'll need for later.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Hit me up if you need the AC Brotherhood plat....
    Sync Unison: Element of Spirits

Fight Off Your Demons

Not the first time, but yeah the other 4-5 platinum runs were all in the 75-85 hour range.

Now I have to get it.

The battle system turned out to be one of my favorite as far as FF games go (I liked 12's as well). And the graphics were beyond superb. But I want more than that in my FF's. Like Kankri said, they could have called it something else and I would have probably loved it more.
    Good

Meh, FF's have no 'style' to me, so I don't expect anything out of the new ones. I treat them all like they aren't a FF game, I enjoy them much more that way. The only thing I expect from a FF game, is that it's gonna try something new, which is why I like them so much. And the battle system was definitely new.

And the funny thing is, the story is actually pretty decent if you know the mythology. It's just too bad you can't learn the mythology anywhere in the game, which was a very stupid decision.

I'd have liked the game a lot better, but I'm still very very bitter from then first Barthandelus fight. It was bullshit and made me stop playing the game for over a year.

I pretty much play just to collect the loot, and then selling off the junk to make lots of gold, which I never use but always think I'll need for later.
    You're not alone about that fight. The developers hold your hand for 30 hours, get you to that point and hope you've learned everything you needed to. That fight is made to test you, and it's not an easy test, as it's hard to wrap your head around the mechanics when they haven't let you play for yourself very much up to that point.

I did the same thing lol. I'd only keep the gold stuff, and a purple thing every now and then. The only reason I used gold was to change my stats every other level. I think that was my favorite part of the game, being able to completely change your character, class, and skills whenever you wanted instead of having to start a new game.

Notorious K.I.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezbeon View Post
    Hit me up if you need the AC Brotherhood plat....
    While I appreciate the offer I don't own Brotherhood anymore, and I can very rarely go online with my PS3. What I can do is add you to my friend's list, I plan on sending one to Kankri and Encorporeus when I can get back online.

Meh, FF's have no 'style' to me, so I don't expect anything out of the new ones. I treat them all like they aren't a FF game, I enjoy them much more that way. The only thing I expect from a FF game, is that it's gonna try something new, which is why I like them so much. And the battle system was definitely new.
    I beg to differ, I've paid attention to every story (and cared about the characters) in alot of FF games. 4, 7, 8 (but it sucked), 9, 10 and 12. And they let you do whatever you want at some point in the games. I never got the feeling I could do that in 13 or 13-2. But I can't argue with the combat in either one or the monster collecting in 13-2.

Venire, Videre, Vince

K.I.D. you should create a thread where you can relate and tell about your gaming experiences and talk about all the games!

That woul be some good reads man! since your an all-around gamer!

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol

Fight Off Your Demons

I beg to differ, I've paid attention to every story (and cared about the characters) in alot of FF games. 4, 7, 8 (but it sucked), 9, 10 and 12. And they let you do whatever you want at some point in the games. I never got the feeling I could do that in 13 or 13-2. But I can't argue with the combat in either one or the monster collecting in 13-2.
    13's linearity was a lot because of the story, and 10 wasn't very different in that regard to me. And the story wasn't as terrible as it seems, but it requires knowledge of the mythologies that aren't in the game. And 13-2 definitely had freedom to do whatever you wanted, whenever you wanted. Hell, you could start what was essentially a new game+ at any point you wanted to. But I could debate this for days, so I'll just agree to disagree

Notorious K.I.D.

Quote Originally Posted by xEl_Cidx View Post
    K.I.D. you should create a thread where you can relate and tell about your gaming experiences and talk about all the games!

That woul be some good reads man! since your an all-around gamer!
    I'm pretty sure that's what this will turn into if I do it right.

I've been a since it wasn't cool to be a

When I was a kid not everyone had video games, I had to gt my RPG fix by rolling 20 sided die in D&D.

13's linearity was a lot because of the story, and 10 wasn't very different in that regard to me. And the story wasn't as terrible as it seems, but it requires knowledge of the mythologies that aren't in the game. And 13-2 definitely had freedom to do whatever you wanted, whenever you wanted. Hell, you could start what was essentially a new game+ at any point you wanted to. But I could debate this for days, so I'll just agree to disagree
    I think we have debated this before.

I agree 13-2 gave you freedom, I just never took advantage of it unless I needed to.

Venire, Videre, Vince

No matter what, it will turn out I see your point!

Well then write a blog amigo or an e-book! lol!

Good reads amigo! Keep up the good work!

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol

Fight Off Your Demons

I'm pretty sure that's what this will turn into if I do it right.

I've been a since it wasn't cool to be a

When I was a kid not everyone had video games, I had to gt my RPG fix by rolling 20 sided die in D&D.

I think we have debated this before.

I agree 13-2 gave you freedom, I just never took advantage of it unless I needed to.
    Fucking nerd

lol probably. You know me, too defensive about my FF13, and for no reason. It's just a game after all.

Local Drunk

Well fuck Kid, I came here to see the D's all done and you've done 3. You hopeless bastard

Just stirring you mate. Although now I kinda wanna start Darksiders

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Notorious K.I.D.

Quote Originally Posted by xEl_Cidx View Post
    No matter what, it will turn out I see your point!

Well then write a blog amigo or an e-book! lol!

Good reads amigo! Keep up the good work!
    Thanks Wiz, but I'd rather read a book/blog than write one lol.

Speaking of, I hear Stephen King is writing a new book and he refuses to put it out in e-book form, paper only. Sign me up.

Fucking nerd

lol probably. You know me, too defensive about my FF13, and for no reason. It's just a game after all.
    Whenever I heard that in school it was usually followed by a wedgie or getting stuffed in a locker. Fucking jocks

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Well fuck Kid, I came here to see the D's all done and you've done 3. You hopeless bastard

Just stirring you mate. Although now I kinda wanna start Darksiders
    Hey, 3's better than nothing.

If you like GoW and Zelda games you'll love Darksiders. I had a blast playing it.

Thanks everyone for keeping me company in here.

Game Review Team

If you like GoW and Zelda games you'll love Darksiders. I had a blast playing it.

I never gave Darksiders a fair try, maybe I'll attempt to play it again sometime in a few months.

I see you got close to the plat, do you think I'd be able to do it?

Local Drunk

Hey, 3's better than nothing.

I guess lol.

Well I've only played the first GoW game, pissed me off a lot lol and I've never played any Zelda games.

Keeping you company lol, I'm just here to shit stir you

Notorious K.I.D.

I never gave Darksiders a fair try, maybe I'll attempt to play it again sometime in a few months.

I see you got close to the plat, do you think I'd be able to do it?
    I can't see you having a problem with it. Back in the day when I was renting everything, going for the plat was out of the question. I'm pretty sure i could have platted this if i owned it, I don't remember it being all that difficult, I just know I had fun playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    I guess lol.

Well I've only played the first GoW game, pissed me off a lot lol and I've never played any Zelda games.

Keeping you company lol, I'm just here to shit stir you
    Well if you're bored you could work on my CL to keep you busy.

Local Drunk

Ha ha ha what a good joke Nah I'll be getting into the Jager soonish so no CL work for me today

Fight Off Your Demons

Is that invitation to me as well? I could have some fun working on your checklist

Every game description:

"I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast!"

"You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?"

Notorious K.I.D.

Is that invitation to me as well? I could have some fun working on your checklist

Every game description:

Change it to...

"I play pieces of shit like you for breakfast"

"You play pieces of shit for breakfast?"

"Yes I do!!"

Then we have a deal.

Local Drunk

Every game description:

Change it to...

"I play pieces of shit like you for breakfast"

"You play pieces of shit for breakfast?"

"Yes I do!!"

Then we have a deal.
    Alternate between the two