Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

T.H.C. by K.I.D.

This is a discussion on T.H.C. by K.I.D. within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; D's and FF and Adam Sandler OH MY This thread blew up over the weekend. Well now I want Costime ...

Still the Chocobo

D's and FF and Adam Sandler OH MY

This thread blew up over the weekend. Well now I want Costime Quest. Seems like my kind of jig.

I see what you and Beam are saying about FFXIII. I like it a lot, just not as much as previous ones (mostly 12 & 10, can't decide my favorite between those). I'm still not done though. I just started plugging away at C'ieth stones and I know I need a SHIT ton of CP so I'm milking easy battles when I can. I still feel like it's a FF game just not as epic as it maybe should be. It is beautiful and fast paced. I question the strength of the story sometimes though. Like I said though I'll have to finish it.

P.S. As a kid (yep a young kid) I had Billy Madison memorized, song and all. Love that movie.
    Currently Playing:
    Zombie Tycoon 2
    Brainhov's Revenge

Nothing is true,
    everything is permitted.

Flashy Avatar by K.I.D
    Beautiful Signature by Beam & K.I.D

If I could, I would GLOW

Venire, Videre, Vince

K.I.D. reminds me of those dang H.S. days man!

Wooderson [to Mitch]: So, you're a freshman, right? Tell me, man, how's this year's crop of freshman chicks lookin' this year?
    Dawson: Wood, you're gonna go to jail very soon, man!
    Wooderson: Naw, man. That's what I like about these high school girls; I get older, they stay the same age.
    Dawson: Yes, they do.
    Wooderson: Yes, they do.

From Dazed and Confused

Good job on the letter "D" good reads my friend, keep up the good work - halfway there on those.

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol

Fight Off Your Demons

Quote Originally Posted by Hall_Of_Game View Post

This thread blew up over the weekend. Well now I want Costime Quest. Seems like my kind of jig.

I see what you and Beam are saying about FFXIII. I like it a lot, just not as much as previous ones (mostly 12 & 10, can't decide my favorite between those). I'm still not done though. I just started plugging away at C'ieth stones and I know I need a SHIT ton of CP so I'm milking easy battles when I can. I still feel like it's a FF game just not as epic as it maybe should be. It is beautiful and fast paced. I question the strength of the story sometimes though. Like I said though I'll have to finish it.

P.S. As a kid (yep a young kid) I had Billy Madison memorized, song and all. Love that movie.
    If you're going for the platinum, CP is the least of your worries. You'll be doing so much farming for gil you'll max out your CP long before you're done. If you're having any trouble with any missions or anything, hit me up. I'd be glad to help you, I've become pretty good at it in my 6 playthroughs.

Notorious K.I.D.

HoG, hope you had a good weekend. As you've noticed I was on here for most of the weekend just bs'ing. Both Beam and I would strongly suggest Costume Quest, it's just enough old school to appeal to the rpg gamers like us.

I see you take my side when it comes to FF13. I would recommend ignoring the story and just have fun with the combat, that's how I was able to get through it the 2nd time I played. If you have any, and I mean ANY questions I believe the best person to ask would be Beam, he beat it 4 or 5 times before he started up a fresh playthrough just to help me get through mine. He's just that kind of

My fave FF's in order are 7, 9, 12, 10, 8, 13 ,13-2.

Quote Originally Posted by xEl_Cidx View Post

K.I.D. reminds me of those dang H.S. days man!

Wooderson [to Mitch]: So, you're a freshman, right? Tell me, man, how's this year's crop of freshman chicks lookin' this year?
    Dawson: Wood, you're gonna go to jail very soon, man!
    Wooderson: Naw, man. That's what I like about these high school girls; I get older, they stay the same age.
    Dawson: Yes, they do.
    Wooderson: Yes, they do.

From Dazed and Confused

Good job on the letter "D" good reads my friend, keep up the good work - halfway there on those.
    While I may not be a fan of 80's music I must admit you picked a good song from a decent band. For future notice i wouldn't say no to some Beatles videos.

Thanks for stopping in Wiz, you're more than welcome any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Beam View Post
    If you're going for the platinum, CP is the least of your worries. You'll be doing so much farming for gil you'll max out your CP long before you're done. If you're having any trouble with any missions or anything, hit me up. I'd be glad to help you, I've become pretty good at it in my 6 playthroughs.
    I'd listen to Beam, this is the advice I was given and it proved to be spot on.

Do I detect yet another playthrough for you Beam, enjoy man I think I'll stick to my 7 and 9 runs.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Fight Off Your Demons

Quote Originally Posted by K.I.D. View Post

Do I detect yet another playthrough for you Beam, enjoy man I think I'll stick to my 7 and 9 runs.
    lol, nope, don't really see myself doing another play anytime soon, just want to share the wealth of information I've picked up over the years about the game. Especially since the information in the trophy guide on this site is very outdated, and at this point is kinda shit advice. Nothing against the author, as it was the best info at the time, but that was years ago and since then much better methods have been developed.

Notorious K.I.D.

lol, nope, don't really see myself doing another play anytime soon, just want to share the wealth of information I've picked up over the years about the game. Especially since the information in the trophy guide on this site is very outdated, and at this point is kinda shit advice. Nothing against the author, as it was the best info at the time, but that was years ago and since then much better methods have been developed.
    I was kidding anyways.

Yeah, it may be the only plat I have that I didn't use a guide for. I just played alongside you while chatting on MSN. We should do the same with 9 one of these days.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Still the Chocobo

Aw geez.... good thing I haven't spent ANY gil. It's probaly a good thing I just got that component collector (That's not the name but I can't recall it right now) and equiped it right away. I also really don't know what to spend it on, so that's probaly why.

I've gotten away with 5 stars on most of the C'ieth stones so far except a few but I know I can go back and easily destroy those after some leveling. Also I'm only on #8 or #9. I skipped that stupid fyling C'ieth back by the ruins for now. Stupid Miamsa....

I'm in the Archlyte Steppe (sp?) right now and just running around fighting for levels to make it a smig easier on me. Thanks a lot Beam. If I have more specific questions, I'll hit you up.

HoG, hope you had a good weekend. As you've noticed I was on here for most of the weekend just bs'ing. Both Beam and I would strongly suggest Costume Quest, it's just enough old school to appeal to the rpg gamers like us.

I see you take my side when it comes to FF13. I would recommend ignoring the story and just have fun with the combat, that's how I was able to get through it the 2nd time I played. If you have any, and I mean ANY questions I believe the best person to ask would be Beam, he beat it 4 or 5 times before he started up a fresh playthrough just to help me get through mine. He's just that kind of

My fave FF's in order are 7, 9, 12, 10, 8, 13 ,13-2.

I did have a great relaxing weekend. Hope you guys did too.

Well Costume Quest is now on my wishlist. I love cute little RPGs.

I can't ignore the story bro. Like I said, this may not feel as epic as others, but it's still Final Fantasy..... It's still FF. For now I'm at a point where I can level without contining the story, but I am interested to finish it and see the conclusion. And if XIII-2 is better, I'll probaly continue the story further eventually.

So far Beam's advice has already helped and 4 or 5 or even 6 playthroughs means business. He's knows FXIII.

I've skimmed the trophy guide for information but I haven't really used it much so far in a detailed way. The trophies seems straightforward but after blowing a bunch of components and still only having ONE weapon for each character not even on a second tier upgraded.... I'm starting to see the challenege. Tell me it gets easier to level equipment.

Woah, this post is huge.....

I came back to talk about Kid maybe a little bit, I mean it IS his checklist.

Where are you in FFVII? I think the farthest I got in that one was The Temple of the Ancients. It really was a great game, I just didn't have the patience to play the whole thing as a kid. Maybe now though.......
    Last edited by Hall_Of_Game; 05-29-2013 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Hijacking
    Currently Playing:
    Zombie Tycoon 2
    Brainhov's Revenge

Nothing is true,
    everything is permitted.

Flashy Avatar by K.I.D

If I could, I would GLOW

Notorious K.I.D.

Currently in FF7 I just arrived in Costa del Sol I believe. I was going back through to get 5 or 6 enemy skills on my 2nd ES materia. This, however, is on pause because I bought FF9 and Rogue Galaxy. As of right now I just got control of Vivi and saved at the first Moogle you come across. This will be getting majority of my attention right now.

Thanks for coming in and chatting HoG, I appreciate the dialogue.

Venire, Videre, Vince

Wiz, stopping by and found a good song from the Beatles in relation to your cl!

You need all the help you can get! Keep up the good work mi amigo!

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie

Notorious K.I.D.

Wiz, stopping by and found a good song from the Beatles in relation to your cl!

You need all the help you can get! Keep up the good work mi amigo!
    A very appropriate song for sure, thank you Wiz.

I'm also partial to this one, and it's fitting as well...

Still the Chocobo

Currently in FF7 I just arrived in Costa del Sol I believe. I was going back through to get 5 or 6 enemy skills on my 2nd ES materia. This, however, is on pause because I bought FF9 and Rogue Galaxy. As of right now I just got control of Vivi and saved at the first Moogle you come across. This will be getting majority of my attention right now.

Thanks for coming in and chatting HoG, I appreciate the dialogue.
    See you even talking about materia makes me want to play it again and actually comit to beating it. How much is it on PSN? Hopefully not too steep.

Also FFIX is one of your favorites. Why is that? Just curious. I only playted FFVII on my PS. Never got FFVIII or IX and I had some friends that thought I was crazy for not playing all/everyone of them.
    Currently Playing:
    Zombie Tycoon 2
    Brainhov's Revenge

Nothing is true,
    everything is permitted.

Flashy Avatar by K.I.D

If I could, I would GLOW

Venire, Videre, Vince

Wiz, paying a visit to your cl, and found another good song in reference to your cl, come together!

Yeah, little by little your cl, will be coming together man! way to go!

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie

Notorious K.I.D.

See you even talking about materia makes me want to play it again and actually comit to beating it. How much is it on PSN? Hopefully not too steep.

Also FFIX is one of your favorites. Why is that? Just curious. I only playted FFVII on my PS. Never got FFVIII or IX and I had some friends that thought I was crazy for not playing all/everyone of them.
    I believe it's on PSN for 10 dollars. Well worth the money, I'd say it's worth at least 20 bucks. Honestly there's little things here and there that I love about almost all FF's except for 8. I found 9 to have some of the best characters in the series, with Vivi being my favorite FF character ever. I love how you gain skills in this one by equipping different weapons and armor. You can set yourself up to be quite the formidable team by combining Vivi's magic used against 4 of your party members with reflect. It also has one of the better mini games with it's card game. You're not crazy for skipping 8, as I can't name one thing it has going for it. Shitty skill acquirement, meh story, and forgettable characters ranks it as my least favorite FF.

I will give credit where it's due... FF 13 and 13-2 have the best combat system in all of FF, with 12's coming in a close second.

Wiz, paying a visit to your cl, and found another good song in reference to your cl, come together!

Yeah, little by little your cl, will be coming together man! way to go!
    Wiz

Now that's a great Beatles song.

Thanks everyone for stopping in, I would have done more in my checklist tonight but I was working with Beam on a little something that needed to be done.

Last edited by K.I.D.; 05-30-2013 at 11:44 PM.

Still the Chocobo

Alright, whenever I get an extra $10, I'm getting my FF7 back. If I have even more extra, I'll try 9 out too. Sounds like a good epic game on it's own. Thanks a lot.

I do love this fast-paced battle system from FF13 a lot but something about 12's was just key. Should have never gotten rid of my PS2 or that game. Silly mistake on my part.

Stay good and have a good weekend Kid.
    Currently Playing:
    Zombie Tycoon 2
    Brainhov's Revenge

Nothing is true,
    everything is permitted.

Flashy Avatar by K.I.D

If I could, I would GLOW

Notorious K.I.D.

Alright, whenever I get an extra $10, I'm getting my FF7 back. If I have even more extra, I'll try 9 out too. Sounds like a good epic game on it's own. Thanks a lot.

I do love this fast-paced battle system from FF13 a lot but something about 12's was just key. Should have never gotten rid of my PS2 or that game. Silly mistake on my part.

Stay good and have a good weekend Kid.
    Sorry for the delayed response HoG, been a real busy last couple of days around here. You really can't go wrong with either 7 or 9, both are classic games that I personally find to be top tier. Nice to hear from someone who enjoyed 12 like I did, I'm always surprised when I hear anyone complain about the game. I found every aspect of the game to be well done; combat, hunts, characters and story, everything is damn fun.

So taking into account beam's and Kankri's recommendations, I went out and picked up Kingdom of Amalur and got FF 13-2 as well. I figure it would be nice to have the plat, considering I've already 100% it on the 360. My son is having a blast so far with KoA, so I'm looking forward to trying it out tonight.

Looks like working on the Checklist is taking a backseat to some gaming for the foreseeable future.

Venire, Videre, Vince

K.I.D. what's a good rpg game to play when I have never played them before? Like a starter intro since all your talk about FF has got me convinced into picking up one of those games?

Wiz paying a visit to your cl!

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie

Notorious K.I.D.

K.I.D. what's a good rpg game to play when I have never played them before? Like a starter intro since all your talk about FF has got me convinced into picking up one of those games?

Wiz paying a visit to your cl!
    If you've never played one before this is how I would try them out.

Final Fantasy X HD Version... Will let you still experience trophy hunting and allow you to experience a damn decent FF game, with everything that a good FF should offer; combat, skills, characters, and a nice story to top it off.

Once you've got a taste for what FF's should be, I'd see about picking up 9, then 7, both of them are available on PSN. If you don't have a way to play PS2 games on your PS3, then you'll have to skip 12 which is a great game. Both 13 and 13-2 are good games in their own right, with fantastic combat, but they're my least favorite and don't do the FF name justice.

Still the Chocobo

Cid
    I'd also recommend FF10 when it re-releases this year some time. It's an all around solid game and is one the best FF's, if not not games, ever. Can't wait till it drops.

Kid
    NP on the reply time, we all have real lives don't we?
    Yeah for whatever reason, FF12 doesn't get it's credit but that's okay. It was great for whoever it was great for. Yeah, it's cool that they have older games on PSN for download. It will be a walk down memory lane when I grab FF7. Thanks Kid.
    Currently Playing:
    Zombie Tycoon 2
    Brainhov's Revenge

Nothing is true,
    everything is permitted.

Flashy Avatar by K.I.D

If I could, I would GLOW

Venire, Videre, Vince

Wiz, here paying a visit to my amigo!

K.I.D. + Hall_Of_Game, thanks for the input, Ok will go head and start with the one you suggested man.

I have only seen the screenshots, a vid here and there but it's not the same as if you actually played the game yourself! Well the good thing is that I still have my PS2 so I will check those versions out too!

BTW, have you bought any more games from that game store near your castle? lol!

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie

Local Drunk

I was coming here to put shit on you for not adding more games and just bullshitting but you've added some lol. Still thought the D's would be finished by now

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast