Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

T.H.C. by K.I.D.

This is a discussion on T.H.C. by K.I.D. within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Best of luck going for a Platinum on #5,000. I have personally had 2 "100 milestone" Platinums (Dragon Age Origins ...

PRO Member

Best of luck going for a Platinum on #5,000. I have personally had 2 "100 milestone" Platinums (Dragon Age Origins was #6,000 and Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward was #6,700) and they were memorable experiences. I know you can do it!
    By the way, I noticed you are a fan of Chrono Trigger from the SNES/PS1 era. I still remember beating Lavos (all 13 stages of him) on my 16th birthday and I will never forget that. It's always good to see a fellow RPG fan around here!
    Take care!

Avy and 10K Checklist Elite Bar by DaRe

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

Notorious K.I.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Icebrand1270 View Post
    Best of luck going for a Platinum on #5,000. I have personally had 2 "100 milestone" Platinums (Dragon Age Origins was #6,000 and Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward was #6,700) and they were memorable experiences. I know you can do it!
    By the way, I noticed you are a fan of Chrono Trigger from the SNES/PS1 era. I still remember beating Lavos (all 13 stages of him) on my 16th birthday and I will never forget that. It's always good to see a fellow RPG fan around here!
    Take care!
    Many thanks Ice, I can use all the support I can get. I'm a huge RPG fan, and Chrono Trigger was a favorite of mine back in the day. When I saw a chance to pick this and Chrono Cross up on the cheap, I couldn't pass it up.

On my quest for the elusive FF X plat and trophy #5000 here is what I managed this week...

The Destination of Hatred

I didn't even know this was a trophy. I needed to venture into the 2nd map inside Sin and to get in there I had to defeat this guy. My guys are so OP right now he went down in 2 hits.

Chocobo Rider

The big one, the one that was gonna screw me. So Beam gave me some encouragement and told me to give this a shot last night. I was skeptical to say the least, but my first run I set a personal record with 19 sec. 10 minutes later I managed to hit 14 balloons and no birds and nailed the 0.0.0. I was so pumped I had to nudge my son Kevin awake just so I could get a highfive in. The secret is to use the direction pad and only move left and right, trying to use the stick and move up and down as well just won't work. Getting this trophy has raised my sense of accomplishing the plat. This was going to be the trophy to kill my chances. Big props to Beam, everyone should hunt down his posts (he's a well known ghost ) and rep the shit out of him.

So I have the arena completed, Wakka and Rikku are at 255 stats for all the ones I need except for HP and luck. I think I've filled about 50% of the empties. Took down Valefor and thought I would get the Jecht sphere trophy but apparently I've miss one or more. I t won't take too long to hunt down the ones I've missed, but currently I'm taking down Dark Aeons.

Once again many thanks to all who stop in and view my humble place, something special for ALL who post.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Digital Terror

great work bro, grats on the 5000th
    lol edit that...i need to read lol
    lol derp

Beast Incarnate

Good job on getting the Chocobo Rider trophy. I've just hit the Calm Lands in the story and got all of the chocobo related trophies done straight away

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by K.I.D. View Post
    Many thanks Ice, I can use all the support I can get. I'm a huge RPG fan, and Chrono Trigger was a favorite of mine back in the day. When I saw a chance to pick this and Chrono Cross up on the cheap, I couldn't pass it up.

On my quest for the elusive FF X plat and trophy #5000 here is what I managed this week...

The Destination of Hatred

I didn't even know this was a trophy. I needed to venture into the 2nd map inside Sin and to get in there I had to defeat this guy. My guys are so OP right now he went down in 2 hits.

Chocobo Rider

The big one, the one that was gonna screw me. So Beam gave me some encouragement and told me to give this a shot last night. I was skeptical to say the least, but my first run I set a personal record with 19 sec. 10 minutes later I managed to hit 14 balloons and no birds and nailed the 0.0.0. I was so pumped I had to nudge my son Kevin awake just so I could get a highfive in. The secret is to use the direction pad and only move left and right, trying to use the stick and move up and down as well just won't work. Getting this trophy has raised my sense of accomplishing the plat. This was going to be the trophy to kill my chances. Big props to Beam, everyone should hunt down his posts (he's a well known ghost ) and rep the shit out of him.

So I have the arena completed, Wakka and Rikku are at 255 stats for all the ones I need except for HP and luck. I think I've filled about 50% of the empties. Took down Valefor and thought I would get the Jecht sphere trophy but apparently I've miss one or more. I t won't take too long to hunt down the ones I've missed, but currently I'm taking down Dark Aeons.

Once again many thanks to all who stop in and view my humble place, something special for ALL who post.
    I'm trying to level up my characters as well.

PRO Member

lol you woke up your son, that's funny. Congrats on that chocobo trophy, maybe I'll give it a shot myself again.

Notorious K.I.D.

Quote Originally Posted by djunglist View Post
    great work bro, grats on the 5000th
    lol edit that...i need to read lol
    lol derp
    derp indeed... All's forgiven as long as you show back up when it actually happens.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Good job on getting the Chocobo Rider trophy. I've just hit the Calm Lands in the story and got all of the chocobo related trophies done straight away
    I still have to do the Master Choco one, but I think I can manage it. I tried to do the lightning dancer and made it to 80+ twice, so I know that's doable as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverinefangirl View Post
    I'm trying to level up my characters as well.
    I've stored up 99 levels for Wakka and Rikku, so they're waiting until I start farming luck and HP. Tidus, Auron, and Yuna are almost done with the grid as well; when they get to Wakka's point I'll start my farming.

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    lol you woke up your son, that's funny. Congrats on that chocobo trophy, maybe I'll give it a shot myself again.
    Well I was in a chat with Beam on here, talking progress and strategy while we play. My son, Kevin, was awake when I started trying for the trophy but had started to doze off. I got congrats from Beam, but I knew Kevin would be disappointed if I didn't let him know until the next day. He likes RPG's but his attention span doesn't last that long. He's been watching me play them since he was like 2, so he can lay there for hours watching me until he falls asleep.

Anybody interested in my progress...

Messenger from the Past

Apparently I was missing the Mushroom Rock sphere, it happens when you soft reset as often as I do. Lucky for me Beam had just done this and ran me through them real quick. Beam's been a trooper, chatting with me on here and playing along side me the whole time. He's a FF master if you ask me, knows more about the series than I do, and I think I know a ton.

Currently I'm getting ready to take down Nemesis, after which I'll work on filling the grids for the trophies. In the mean time I'll prob work on the lightning trophy here and there, I know I can do that one.

I also picked up a cheap copy of Rage, and from what I've seen Kevin play, it looks very interesting. I know it bombed when it came out, but I can't remember why. I'll find out soon enough I figure. Thanks to any and all who stop in and say hi.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Notorious K.I.D.

A little update for the homies...

Overcoming the Nemesis

Not gonna lie, I Zanmato'd him. Even then it took multiple retries and 1.1 million gold.

The Eternal Calm

Only did this one to get it out of the way. Took longer to get through the cutscenes than the actual fight. 2 hits and he was dead, no big deal.

Sphere Master

This took some grinding but I finally managed to pull it off. Since this trophy I've managed to get Tidus, Rikku and Wakka all to 52k hp and max stats. Not looking forward to the grinding it will take to finish the other 4 off.

Currently I'm working through the Dark Aeons, and Anima is next on my list. Yojimbo is a joke now, I only keep him alive to farm. I should have Penance down within the next day or two. Then it's down to hours of farming and the 2 bronze trophies. Both are doable, but I'm procrastinating as much as I can.

Thanks to anyone who stops by, it's even better if you have something to chat about.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Overcoming the Nemesis

Not gonna lie, I Zanmato'd him. Even then it took multiple retries and 1.1 million gold.

The Eternal Calm

Only did this one to get it out of the way. Took longer to get through the cutscenes than the actual fight. 2 hits and he was dead, no big deal.

Sphere Master

This took some grinding but I finally managed to pull it off. Since this trophy I've managed to get Tidus, Rikku and Wakka all to 52k hp and max stats. Not looking forward to the grinding it will take to finish the other 4 off.

Currently I'm working through the Dark Aeons, and Anima is next on my list. Yojimbo is a joke now, I only keep him alive to farm. I should have Penance down within the next day or two. Then it's down to hours of farming and the 2 bronze trophies. Both are doable, but I'm procrastinating as much as I can.

Thanks to anyone who stops by, it's even better if you have something to chat about.
    Looks like your making some good progress. Keep it up your doing great.

Beast Incarnate

Awesome progress man. I haven't even started maxing yet. I got all of the Celestial weapons out of the way first and am currently working on Blitzball. The 200 lightning dodge trophy was a joke compared to how I remember it on the PS2. As I said before, Penance is actually very easy. His moves are almost set in stone as long as you take care of his arms every time they respawn. Tidus, Wakka and Rikku is the way to go (Mix is a godsend), the only proble is it is very, very long winded

Galaxy beauty pirate

You've made some nice progress on FF X Kid. Kiu!

What games are you thinking of playing next?
    Sig by Ramon

PRO Member

wow congrats on FFX, that's some progress. I used Zanmato with Nemesis too and it also took me a couple of retries. Now that I'm done with GTA IV there's no excuse for me to go back to it, I'll try to catch up with you.

PRO Member

Overcoming the Nemesis

The Eternal Calm

Sphere Master

Wow, I'm impressed

Notorious K.I.D.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMardigan_88 View Post
    Looks like your making some good progress. Keep it up your doing great.
    Thanks man, I appreciate all the support I can get.

Awesome progress man. I haven't even started maxing yet. I got all of the Celestial weapons out of the way first and am currently working on Blitzball. The 200 lightning dodge trophy was a joke compared to how I remember it on the PS2. As I said before, Penance is actually very easy. His moves are almost set in stone as long as you take care of his arms every time they respawn. Tidus, Wakka and Rikku is the way to go (Mix is a godsend), the only proble is it is very, very long winded
    I tried the 200 lightning dodges the other day, made it to around 83 a couple of times. I tried the Chocobo Master trophy yesterday about 50 times, almost beat him maybe 20 times. The delay on the jump from the fifth chest gets me every time and he nudges me out of the way. I'll keep plugging away at it, but I really want to play something else right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    You've made some nice progress on FF X Kid. Kiu!

What games are you thinking of playing next?
    Thank you ma'am, I try my best. I've been getting back into EDF with my brother, and we're considering teaming up to do Rage. Other than that i have Tales of Symphonia and the sequel to it. Kevin seems to love them so i'll give them a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    wow congrats on FFX, that's some progress. I used Zanmato with Nemesis too and it also took me a couple of retries. Now that I'm done with GTA IV there's no excuse for me to go back to it, I'll try to catch up with you.
    You should have plenty of time to catch up to me. It took me 6-8 hours just to farm spheres for my first 3 characters, the final 4 will take a couple of days at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverinefangirl View Post
    Wow, I'm impressed
    I don't know if I've done anything impressive yet, but if I manage the plat I will surprise myself.

The Deathly Rhythm

Congrats on plating FFX!!
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Notorious K.I.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbringer View Post
    Congrats on plating FFX!!
    Whoa, whoa, whoa let's not get ahead of ourselves here. No plat yet, in fact it took an incredible amount of willpower to not break my controller trying for that fucking Choco Master trophy. If I didn't have Beam playing alongside me, encouraging me, I probably would have said fuck it and played something else by now. I appreciate the support, stop in again whenever you can.

As far as progress goes...

Anima is dead, Yojimbo is now my bitch, Magus Sisters will be within the next day or so and that means Penance will be right after. Easy enough I figure, maybe a day or two.

Sphere grids are now complete for everyone except for Kihmari and Lulu; with Kihmari needing 5 more luck spheres and Lulu needing 26. That's doable by tomorrow afternoon. I'm switching between farming Master Spheres from Yojimbo, and gold farming in Omega Ruins then using the money to bribe attribute spheres @ 200k a pop.

The 200 lightning dodges I have no doubt I can do. I just need to play calm and be patient.

The Chocobo Master trophy can go fuck itself. I've come so damn close to edging that little fucker out, only to be pushed to the wall, slowed down and passed. This is the one that's gonna test me, and as much as I love FF, and I want all the milestones the plat brings; I'm not that confident in my patience lasting as long as it might need to.

We'll see how this all plays out in the next 3 days or so as I wrap up everything but those last 2 trophies. Lucky for me I have EDF to fall back on. It would take me a month of straight playing to get any more trophies in that game; and it's a perfect way to blow off steam after RPG grinding.

Thanks to everyone who stops by.

Beast Incarnate

Good update dude, I'll be posting one myself too soon. As for the Chocobo Master trophy, I too struggled at first, it took me a little longer than the Chocobo Rider trophy, but I did manage to get it completely by accident. You see, I was attempting it trying to get the 5 chests and NOT hit a pole. However, I accidentally brushed one of the poles on my last run and thought fuck it, I'll see how well I do, won the race and got the trophy. So you can hit poles it seems. You won't get the prize, but you should get the trophy

Notorious K.I.D.

Good update dude, I'll be posting one myself too soon. As for the Chocobo Master trophy, I too struggled at first, it took me a little longer than the Chocobo Rider trophy, but I did manage to get it completely by accident. You see, I was attempting it trying to get the 5 chests and NOT hit a pole. However, I accidentally brushed one of the poles on my last run and thought fuck it, I'll see how well I do, won the race and got the trophy. So you can hit poles it seems. You won't get the prize, but you should get the trophy
    Man, I gave up on not hitting poles a long time ago. Now I've read and since noticed, he only finishes in 2 times, either 35.1 and 39. My best runs have all come at the 35 mark, with him edging me out every time. The runs I screw up on and hit walls, he finishes in 39 seconds and I haven't even made it to the fifth chest. I too have attempted this more than the 0.0 trophy, and that was the trophy I was afraid of. If it was just a matter of me failing miserably every time, it would be one thing; but it teases me by letting me get so far ahead and then the delay seems to take forever after I get the 5th chest. This will be so worth it, but my patience can only take so much. There's a good chance you could get this plat before me.

Beast Incarnate

Man, I gave up on not hitting poles a long time ago. Now I've read and since noticed, he only finishes in 2 times, either 35.1 and 39. My best runs have all come at the 35 mark, with him edging me out every time. The runs I screw up on and hit walls, he finishes in 39 seconds and I haven't even made it to the fifth chest. I too have attempted this more than the 0.0 trophy, and that was the trophy I was afraid of. If it was just a matter of me failing miserably every time, it would be one thing; but it teases me by letting me get so far ahead and then the delay seems to take forever after I get the 5th chest. This will be so worth it, but my patience can only take so much. There's a good chance you could get this plat before me.
    Just keep at it man, you'll get it eventually. The controls don't help I know, but its definitely do-able. As for platting before you, highly unlikely. I've only just started on my first proper run through the sphere grid, after fighting One-Eye for what seems like forever to get all of the Triple AP weapons. Once thats done I'll start maxing. I still have another 2 seasons to play for the Jupiter Sigil too (or 1 season using reset, haven't decided yet), so I'm a very long way off platting it

Galaxy beauty pirate

Damn, FF X is sure giving you a hard time.. I don't think I'm even gonna try to get the plat. I still have to finish the game anyway. I really like it, but probably not enough to put that much time and dedication in it.

You should not give up though. Practice makes perfect they say.
    Sig by Ramon

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast