Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 608

T.H.C. by K.I.D.

This is a discussion on T.H.C. by K.I.D. within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII Just keep at it man, you'll get it eventually. The controls don't help I know, but ...

  1. #581
    Notorious K.I.D.
    K.I.D.'s Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,690
    Reputation
    460

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Just keep at it man, you'll get it eventually. The controls don't help I know, but its definitely do-able. As for platting before you, highly unlikely. I've only just started on my first proper run through the sphere grid, after fighting One-Eye for what seems like forever to get all of the Triple AP weapons. Once thats done I'll start maxing. I still have another 2 seasons to play for the Jupiter Sigil too (or 1 season using reset, haven't decided yet), so I'm a very long way off platting it
    Turns out I misjudged my abilities which I'll explain below, so no I'll have the plat anytime now. You can definitely take me in time it takes though, I'll be pushing 180 hours.

    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Damn, FF X is sure giving you a hard time.. I don't think I'm even gonna try to get the plat. I still have to finish the game anyway. I really like it, but probably not enough to put that much time and dedication in it. You should not give up though. Practice makes perfect they say.
    If I can do this, I have no doubt you can do it. And just like you said, I didn't give up and here are the fruits of my efforts...

    Perfect Sphere Master

    This didn't take all that long once I started this afternoon. Couple of hours of Yojimbo runs and I got the 27 luck spheres I needed for Lulu. Wasn't nearly the grind I feared, but it was enough to not want to do it again.

    Chocobo Master

    Jumped right into this one and got it within the first 4 attempts. Had 2 good runs where he edged me out, followed by a really bad run where I just gave up after 2 chests. Next run I hit a good stride through all 5 chests and got well in front of him to win.

    Lightning Dancer

    This one took me a couple of hours tonight. I failed at 65 about 3 times and then I started taking breaks every ten minutes. After 3 breaks I came back and got about 20 more and went to check... sure enough I had 223.

    All this leaves is Magus Sisters and Penance. I'm playing alongside Beam right now so I'll be waiting for him to finish his scrub run for one al Bhed Primer. He is neck and neck with me right now and considering the ton of help he's given me, I have no problem waiting 8 hours or so in order to get the plat together.
    Last edited by K.I.D.; 05-30-2014 at 03:01 PM.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam



  2. #582
    Forget I Was Ever Here
    Yoo_Hoo_Sniper's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    4,628
    Reputation
    661

    You're about to have 20 plats man geez let me catch up to you at least!! Glad you and Beam are helping one another and you sure do get a lot of help around here . Goodluck with the plat. I'll get one sooner or later as I been really busy lately and will be from now on just finishing up my degree and going back to work somewhere. I see this place has been more active than it used to be over the past couple weeks so that's good. How's the family? Also how was your daughters birthday?



    It is time for me to go underground

  3. #583
    Beast Incarnate
    DragonWolfVII's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Rowley Regis, UK
    Posts
    3,658
    Reputation
    131

    Congrats on finally getting the Chocobo Master trophy dude, I told you you would get it. On the home stretch now man, will be an awesome platinum to have

  4. #584
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    MadMardigan_88's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lincoln, AR
    Posts
    1,128
    Reputation
    67

    You got the Dodge 200 lightning strikes. Way to go! That one is a pain in my opinion. I think the most I have had in a row was 80 - 90. Congrats on all the other trophies you were able to obtain. Not much longer till you have that well earned Plat for it.


  5. #585
    The Deathly Rhythm
    Kratos06's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    City Of Angels
    Posts
    2,100
    Reputation
    114

    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.D. View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa let's not get ahead of ourselves here. No plat yet, in fact it took an incredible amount of willpower to not break my controller trying for that fucking Choco Master trophy. If I didn't have Beam playing alongside me, encouraging me, I probably would have said fuck it and played something else by now. I appreciate the support, stop in again whenever you can.

    As far as progress goes...

    Anima is dead, Yojimbo is now my bitch, Magus Sisters will be within the next day or so and that means Penance will be right after. Easy enough I figure, maybe a day or two.

    Sphere grids are now complete for everyone except for Kihmari and Lulu; with Kihmari needing 5 more luck spheres and Lulu needing 26. That's doable by tomorrow afternoon. I'm switching between farming Master Spheres from Yojimbo, and gold farming in Omega Ruins then using the money to bribe attribute spheres @ 200k a pop.

    The 200 lightning dodges I have no doubt I can do. I just need to play calm and be patient.

    The Chocobo Master trophy can go fuck itself. I've come so damn close to edging that little fucker out, only to be pushed to the wall, slowed down and passed. This is the one that's gonna test me, and as much as I love FF, and I want all the milestones the plat brings; I'm not that confident in my patience lasting as long as it might need to.

    We'll see how this all plays out in the next 3 days or so as I wrap up everything but those last 2 trophies. Lucky for me I have EDF to fall back on. It would take me a month of straight playing to get any more trophies in that game; and it's a perfect way to blow off steam after RPG grinding.

    Thanks to everyone who stops by.
    Oh my bad KID, I thought one if the trophies you got was the plat
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

    Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

  6. #586
    Notorious K.I.D.
    K.I.D.'s Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,690
    Reputation
    460

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    You're about to have 20 plats man geez let me catch up to you at least!! Glad you and Beam are helping one another and you sure do get a lot of help around here . Goodluck with the plat. I'll get one sooner or later as I been really busy lately and will be from now on just finishing up my degree and going back to work somewhere. I see this place has been more active than it used to be over the past couple weeks so that's good. How's the family? Also how was your daughters birthday?
    Beam has been my backbone whenever I gave up on a trophy, otherwise I would have said screw the milestones and played something else. Good luck with your degree and finding some work. Karma has a way of evening things out, and you should have plenty of good Karma in reserves. Kids are doing great, gearing up for summer right now. Nat's birthday was an experience unto itself. 5 teen girls running around my house screaming, only pausing when one of them happened to pass a mirror; which nowadays means stop and take a selfie. I swear I just don't understand kids these days.

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Congrats on finally getting the Chocobo Master trophy dude, I told you you would get it. On the home stretch now man, will be an awesome platinum to have
    It took a lot less time than I had planned. One good run and I cleared the 5th chest with a good 2 seconds to spare. This is going down as my proudest platinum that's for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by MadMardigan_88 View Post
    You got the Dodge 200 lightning strikes. Way to go! That one is a pain in my opinion. I think the most I have had in a row was 80 - 90. Congrats on all the other trophies you were able to obtain. Not much longer till you have that well earned Plat for it.
    I found it easier if I took breaks every ten minutes or so. You can pause the game, and if you're using the crater in the southern parts of Thunder Plains, you won't get hit by lightning if you go stand next to the tower. I didn't count because it kept screwing me, I would get tense at around 80 or so and eventually screw it up. Patience is the key, and considering my lack of patience, you should be able to get this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbringer View Post
    Oh my bad KID, I thought one if the trophies you got was the plat
    No, but the next trophy I get will get me the plat. Feel free to stop in again soon, I should have it at any point in the next day or so.

    Current status is as follows....

    All Dark Aeons are dead. Penance awaits.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam



  7. #587
    Fight Off Your Demons
    Beam's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    TARDIS
    Posts
    513
    Reputation
    210

    Congrats on your new platinum and hitting your milestone. Very well deserved, I know you put a shit ton of work into FFX.

  8. #588
    Notorious K.I.D.
    K.I.D.'s Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,690
    Reputation
    460

    There will be a bigger update coming when I can devote time to it but I got it... (Thanks to Beam)



    More to follow...
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam



  9. #589
    Local Drunk
    Feral's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,999
    Reputation
    603

    Congrats on platting FFX, well done


    Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

  10. #590
    Forget I Was Ever Here
    Yoo_Hoo_Sniper's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    4,628
    Reputation
    661

    STOP AND TAKE A SELFIE so young and carrying these phones is crazy man. What happened to playing and waiting till you got home to talk to your family haha. Congrats big time on the plat though man. How does your son like work?



    It is time for me to go underground

  11. #591
    Beast Incarnate
    DragonWolfVII's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Rowley Regis, UK
    Posts
    3,658
    Reputation
    131

    Congrats on the FFX platinum dude

  12. #592
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    MadMardigan_88's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lincoln, AR
    Posts
    1,128
    Reputation
    67

    That is one mighty sweet looking Plat you have there. Congrats on a well deserved Plat.


  13. #593
    Galaxy beauty pirate
    Artemis's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,463
    Reputation
    215

    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.D. View Post
    There will be a bigger update coming when I can devote time to it but I got it... (Thanks to Beam)



    More to follow...
    Congrats!

    That's a pretty awesome plat to have! Curious what your next Jrpg will be.
    Sig by Ramon

  14. #594
    No Game No Life
    RaveNScythE18's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lastation
    Posts
    1,169
    Reputation
    106

    Great job getting the FF X Platinum I can't believe this is my first time coming to this checklist






    Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG
    0
    0
    0
    0


    Checklist || GFX Showcase


  15. #595
    Notorious K.I.D.
    K.I.D.'s Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,690
    Reputation
    460

    Quote Originally Posted by Beam View Post
    Congrats on your new platinum and hitting your milestone. Very well deserved, I know you put a shit ton of work into FFX.
    I put a ton of work into it? While that may be true, it pales in comparison to what you went through to help me. Couldn't have done this without you man, I doubted myself too much. If it wasn't for our hours and hours worth of chats while playing and the tips you gave me, I'd have given up and moved long before now.

    You do realize that by posting you've given everyone a chance to rep your posts. Anybody who stops by to chat, if you choose to rep me please consider repping beam as well, rep him first if you could.

    Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Congrats on platting FFX, well done
    Hey, look who's popping their head in here.

    Thanks Feral, I wasn't sure if I was gonna be able to do it. Some of those trophies took hours of practice, and even then they came down to luck.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    STOP AND TAKE A SELFIE so young and carrying these phones is crazy man. What happened to playing and waiting till you got home to talk to your family haha. Congrats big time on the plat though man. How does your son like work?
    Thanks Yoo Hoo, at least you have years before you have to start worrying about the shit I do. Kyle's loving work, but you have to realize this is his first job, and it's fast food. He loves it now because it's all new and he has his own money, once he realizes what he has to do for what he gets paid it will all sink in.

    Thanks for all your support man, you've come a long way since I first met you. You've done a lot for this community, made your way to staff, got a nice little MotM award , and you've gone out of your way to help me numerous times. Stick around man, we need people like you here.

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Congrats on the FFX platinum dude
    Dude, i can't believe I have it. I was telling beam last night that this is the one plat I felt I MUST own. The only thing that would be sweeter is if they would release 9 or 12 with trophies. Beam only needs the one Primer in Bevelle and he'll have the plat, I really wanted us to get it together but I was just so close we decided to do it last night. Penance is a pussy, within 2 mins I had done a Null All Mix, used a three star, and killed both arms. After that it was just turn management and repetition. I swear Beam and I killed him within 40 mins. I can't wait to see it added to your collection, let me know how you're progressing.

    Quote Originally Posted by MadMardigan_88 View Post
    That is one mighty sweet looking Plat you have there. Congrats on a well deserved Plat.
    Thanks MM, isn't it a beautiful thing. I mean, I like my Diablo 3 plat, I think it's a badass looking plat. This one looks just as good but has more meaning behind it for me. I hope to see the rest of you guys get this, for all my bitching it really does just boil down to patience.

    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Congrats!

    That's a pretty awesome plat to have! Curious what your next Jrpg will be.
    Thank you ma'am, and thank you for all the support. I haven't decided what game to play next, but my next JRPG will most likely be Tales of Symphonia and it's sequel. I picked them up on the cheap a couple weeks ago. Kevin likes the sequel better because of the monster collecting, but I'm going to start with the first and see how it plays out. Other than that I have EDF, Rage, or Fallout: NV.

    Quote Originally Posted by RaveNScythE18 View Post
    Great job getting the FF X Platinum I can't believe this is my first time coming to this checklist
    As long as it's not the last time, then all is good. Big thanks to you as well Raven for your badass guide. I bought a strategy guide that's for X and X-2, but short of the charts (which I can write on) I didn't use it for much. I had your guide bookmarked and open every hour I played. You've already locked down a vote from me for Guide of the Year. Big, big props man.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam



  16. #596
    Beast Incarnate
    DragonWolfVII's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Rowley Regis, UK
    Posts
    3,658
    Reputation
    131

    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.D. View Post
    Dude, i can't believe I have it. I was telling beam last night that this is the one plat I felt I MUST own. The only thing that would be sweeter is if they would release 9 or 12 with trophies. Beam only needs the one Primer in Bevelle and he'll have the plat, I really wanted us to get it together but I was just so close we decided to do it last night. Penance is a pussy, within 2 mins I had done a Null All Mix, used a three star, and killed both arms. After that it was just turn management and repetition. I swear Beam and I killed him within 40 mins. I can't wait to see it added to your collection, let me know how you're progressing.
    Yeah Penance is highly overrated. At max stats he's a walk in the park. I would love the other FF's to get a release with trophies. IX would be epic, but I know they would include an Excalibur 2 trophy which would mean 2 playthroughs. I remember doing a Level 1 Ozma run about 10 years ago, that was highly frustrating

  17. #597
    Fight Off Your Demons
    Beam's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    TARDIS
    Posts
    513
    Reputation
    210

    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.D. View Post
    You do realize that by posting you've given everyone a chance to rep your posts. Anybody who stops by to chat, if you choose to rep me please consider repping beam as well, rep him first if you could.
    Quit trying to make me a relevant poster around here, it's a waste of your time. You could be earning more trophies, be at 6k by now. But seriously, congrats again. Any of the 5k trophies, 20 plats and the FFX plat are all impressive alone (especially 5k trophies), but all at once is something no one else is likely to do. Mostly because anyone else with 5k trophies hit 20 plats 4k trophies ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Yeah Penance is highly overrated. At max stats he's a walk in the park. I would love the other FF's to get a release with trophies. IX would be epic, but I know they would include an Excalibur 2 trophy which would mean 2 playthroughs. I remember doing a Level 1 Ozma run about 10 years ago, that was highly frustrating
    Me and Kid were actually talking about that last night, and if they made 9 and Excalibur 2 was a trophy it'd be a nightmare. That's one of the only things in that game I never bothered to try, mostly because by doing it you've already done skipped most of the game. Level 1 Ozma run is impressive though

  18. #598
    Banned
    ScaryAbel210's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    1,013
    Reputation
    59

    Congrats for plat!

  19. #599
    PRO Member
    annare41's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,461
    Reputation
    80



    Congrats on FFX, that's a hell of a Platinum. Are you going to play FFX-2?


  20. #600
    Venire, Videre, Vince
    xEl_Cidx's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Valencia (EEUU)
    Posts
    3,638
    Reputation
    645



    Congrats amigo on reaching the total trophy + milestone at once, that is so EPIC!

    I knew you could do it man, that looks good on your trophy resume!

    Keep up the good work K.I.D.!

    No Beatles tune but this one from Queen hits the spot :


    Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

    Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

    Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO