Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

The Hall Of Game

This is a discussion on The Hall Of Game within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; Welcome to the Hall of Game! Hi, I'm Hall_Of_Game or HoG or Hall as some people call me. I'm newer ...

Still the Chocobo

The Hall Of Game

Welcome to the Hall of Game!

Hi, I'm Hall_Of_Game or HoG or Hall as some people call me. I'm newer to PS3 and I'm enjoying playing it very much. The games I've played so far have been good fun. I also like the trophies that come with playing PS3 games. If I like the game I'm playing a lot, I'll go for the trophies. It's challenging and fun. Plus I plan to build a good collection of good games that I love.

I've been playing video game my whole life. It's my vice. I love them so much, I can't imagine me doing anything else but helping create the great art and masterpieces some of them are. I'm going to school to learn programming, design, and anything else that will help me create the wonders video games are to me. Lets just say I'm passionate.

I'll play just about anything but I know what I won't play. Other than that, you can convince to almost play anything. My main focus and favorite games are grand adventures, deep role-playing games, platforms, strategy, and a little action in the right places is good too. I really love a great story for a video game but if the gameplay is short-lived fun or just bad/not entertaining, I usually don't come back for more. I've also played games where the story isn't the main focus and those can be good too.

I joined this site as soon as I started collecting trophies, and so far, I've met a lot of friends and discussed a lot of games. A few of them suggested I make this now so I can build it as I add to my collection. I submit. This is my checklist.

Trophy Counts

3 16 52 162

Trophy Level - 6 (96%)
    233 Total Trophies

Completion - 77.41%

Goals For 2013

- Aquire 5 Trophies -

- Aquire 10 Trophies -
    - Aquire 20 Trophies -

- Aquire 50 Trophies -
    - Aquire 100 Trophies -

- Aquire 100 Trophies -
    - Aquire 200 Trophies -

- Build my game collection to 10 games -
    - Build my game collection to 15 games -

- Completion Rate of 75% or higher -

- Mantain a completion Rate of 75% or higher -

Games of Fame

Sonic Generations
    April 23rd, 2013
    All Trophies Collected

Collect all Trophies.

Fun | Difficulty | Trophies
    This game was really cute. Brought me back to some good memories of my first video games. I love Sonic, and always have. This was a lot of fun to playthrough. I got some redone music and levels out of it. Playing as Classic Sonic was extreme fun and was the best platforming of Sonic I've ever played.

The Last of Us
    July 21st, 2013
    It Can't Be For Nothing

Platinum Trophy.

Well, I just absolutely loved this game. One of the best I've played for sure. I was affected heavily from the story, characters, setting, and music. I fell in love and hated all the characters one way or another. They were all so strong and it was a focus of the game to me. The story and setting blend beautifully and made for a great atmosphere. The post-infection world is quite a sight to see. The music actually is some of the best I've heard in a video game. It set the mood throughout the game with dark eerie tones to uplifting fresh breaths of air tunes depending on where the game was. I found the gameplay really fun also. I loved scrounging for loot and supplies to craft weapons. The gun mechanics are pretty smooth too. I usually don't play games with thriller like infected involved but I'm glad I did. I jumped out of my seat several times. I felt my heart jumping out of my chest while dealing with the infected parts. I recommend every gamer play the single player. It's a great experience.

The multiplayer is actually pretty good. Although surviving two whole journey's is a tough challenge, I had a lot of fun. The single player crafting went really well with mutliplayer gameplay. Again, I like the gun mechanics in this game, so I found that fun for multiplayer as well. I played the Supply Raid game mode mostly but there is Survivors too. Supply Raid has a set amount of spawns for your team and it's a survival shootout for up to 15 minutes. Survivors has best of rounds where you only get a spawn once a round. There are a good mixture of guns to play with, some not even playable in the single player, and a bunch of perks to play with. You can play a lot of playstyles in this game which gives it a little diversity.

Assassin's Creed

July 25th, 2013
    Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted

Beat The Game.
    - No Trophies -

Fun | Difficulty | Trophies N/A
    This game was one of the first games I saw for the PS3 that made me really want one. I finally got around to playing it and I wan't disappointed. The gameplay is a little slow and repetitive but I found it gave more to the game then just the assassinations. I really enjoyed the historical background that was used for this game. The story was good and the dialogue was awesome too. I thought about things a little deeper after hearing some of the ideas the game brought forward. The music was really cool as it had me feeling deep about the history in the game. Climbing buildings and running across the cites was a lot of fun. The swordplay wasn't bad either. I found it very simple but I liked that it had some variety. This game truly brings a special feeling to me. I can't wait to see where the rest of the series goes.

Assassin's Creed II
    September 2nd, 2013
    Master Assassin

Unlock all trophies.

This game may be the best sequel in a series I've ever played. A great jump forward from the original. Better story, better setting, better characters, better cities, WAY better music, and I could go on and on. The game doesn't stop giving throughout. I liked Ezio Auditore a lot. He was a lovable character and easy to feel for. The other characters surrounding him were just as strong. All the cities were beautiful in their own way and I'm glad they took time to make them really different and special. The music is really good and sets an almost mystical atmosphere. The story was much better as it plays off of more history as these games do. From the early wandering of Florence all the way to the mastery of Venice, I was intrigued. Also, I felt very challenged by the trophies and I enjoyed those as well. This game all together was pure magic.

PSN Games of Fame

Sonic The Hedgehog
    Apr 29th, 2013

Perfect Win

Beat the game without dying.

This was my first video game, so I had to grab it off of PSN. Great fast platformer. All about time and skill. It wasn't hard because there's a modern save feature but it was still loads of fun. A great classic video game.

Eufloria
    Aug 7th, 2013

Illimunator

Complete Dark Matter Mode.

This game was pretty inspiring really. A small simple game put together by only a few people and I'm glad I played it. It shows how easy it is to make a great game. The game itself was simple but it grabbed my interest with it simplicity. It's foundation is real-time strategy but I found the graphics and music to be the real gem. This game is very relaxing compared to other major RTS games. I loved the idea of plant-life dominating over "planets" (really asteroids). It's extremely pretty and challenges your war tactics. Plus you can be almost any color you choose (which is by itself right?). Some trophies are glitched which was frustrating at first but they have simple fixes. Try this out if your into indie, atmosphereic type games.

Tekken Revolution
    Aug 8th, 2013

Going For The Gold

You earned 1,000,000G total.

I haven't played the Tekken series since I had a PS1 and I was glad I picked it up again. For a free-to-play game, it rocked. Although it's clear you can buy other things to add to the game, it wasn't intrusive and always bugging me to buy something. It's a great game without all that. They give you a good amount of fighters and you unlock more just by playing a bunch. I enjoyed practicing my moves against AI in arcade mode and loved playing against other in online mode. It reminded me how diverse the Tekken fighting was and even had me looking at full Tekken games. With everything they give you, everyone who enjoys fighting games should take advantage of a really quality fighting game for FREE!!! I'm keeping it on my PS and if I get an itch to fight someone, there it is.

Flower
    Aug 17th, 2013

Dream

Beyond all flowers lies another room.

This was another game the had me interested in a PS3. It really has a very unique style of gameplay and graphics. The SIXAXIS controls were awkward at first but I found myself loving them only after a few minutes. The flower petal you control was easy and free to maneuver. I like the subtle silent story the game presents with the sad and depressing thought of all urban building and no more room left for nature. It was cool to take back nature. It was fast, fun, and generally easy to play and I'm glad I played through it.

Special Trophies

First Trophy
    Sonic Generations
    The Opening Act

Race through the first stage.

Rarest Trophy
    Eufloria
    Lightsecond (2.61% - Brutal)

Complete the campaign in under ten hours.

Favorite Trophy
    The Last of Us
    That's All I Got

Survive all of Ellie's jokes.

Toughest Trophy
    Assassin's Creed II
    No-Hitter

Kill 10 enemies while remaining in conflict without being hit.

Final Fantasy XIII
    Natural Selector

Passed Titan's trials.

Tekken Revolution
    Embarrassment Of Riches

You earned over 10,000 Gift Points total.

Assassin's Creed II
    Street Cleaner

Hide 5 dead bodies in a Bale of Hay.

Assassin's Creed II
    Bianca's Man

Complete DNA Sequence 10.

Other Games

Bioshock

Sonic The Hedgehog II

The Elder Scrolls Skyrim

Game Wishlist

Toggle Spoiler

Signatures & Avatars

Toggle Spoiler

Thanks to my buddies;

El_Cid for being super friendly to everyone on the site and supporting forum games.

K.I.D. for being friendly and sharing a love for FF.

Beam for being friendly and also sharing a love for FF + help with FF.

PixieOfDarkness for being friendly and an prime example of a trophy huntress.

Feral for being the forum drunk, a blast in every thread, & a friendly clown.

GDT for being friendly, inspiring, and for holding all his generous competitions.

DaRe_xLw for being friendly, for providing the main banner, and for his inspirational art.

Thanks to everyone for stopping in!

Last edited by Hall_Of_Game; 09-02-2013 at 05:39 PM.
    Currently Playing:
    Zombie Tycoon 2
    Brainhov's Revenge

Nothing is true,
    everything is permitted.

Flashy Avatar by K.I.D
    Beautiful Signature by Beam & K.I.D

If I could, I would GLOW

Plats-O'-War!!

I really like the name for your checklist!! Looking forward to the finished product

Still the Chocobo

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    I really like the name for your checklist!! Looking forward to the finished product
    Well as long as I'm playing, it's will never be finished. Thanks for stopping in and checking it out.

It's going to be pretty barren in here for now. I'm editing things here and there but some suggestions from everyone would be . I want to make this look good.

Again thanks for stopping in.
    Currently Playing:
    Zombie Tycoon 2
    Brainhov's Revenge

Nothing is true,
    everything is permitted.

Flashy Avatar by K.I.D

If I could, I would GLOW

Lvl 7 - Gold

Well, might I suggest a few really good games that you can get on the cheap?

Saboteur
    Uncharted 1 and 2
    Lego games
    AC2
    Saints Row 3
    GTA 4

Still the Chocobo

Quote Originally Posted by juliuspleezer View Post
    Well, might I suggest a few really good games that you can get on the cheap?

Saboteur
    Uncharted 1 and 2
    Lego games
    AC2
    Saints Row 3
    GTA 4
    Well thank you. I have to make a wishlist part I guess because Feral is already telling me about the Uncharted Series. Ericvolt suggested I finish off AC1 and go onto AC2. I'm not sure I'd really like playing the Lego games. Their all Star Wars or Harry Potter IIRC. Sabotuer I'll look into. I'll have to look into Saints Row and GTA as well.

Thanks a lot julius!
    Currently Playing:
    Zombie Tycoon 2
    Brainhov's Revenge

Nothing is true,
    everything is permitted.

Flashy Avatar by K.I.D

If I could, I would GLOW

Venire, Videre, Vince

Hall_Of_Game, you did it bud, good job and it will grow slowly over time so keep up the good work to your cl in progress!

Thanks for the shoutout!

stopping by to pay you a visit!

Of trophy checklist haha!
    Last edited by xEl_Cidx; 06-07-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Currently Playing:
    Cid's gaming activities

Rockstar | Bungie
    xEl_Cidx's La Conquista checklist

Unete al grupo: Jugadores Espaņol

Local Drunk

Fuck yeah Hall's got himself a cl. Looking nice so far mate

Thanks for the shout out of sorts mate and making me first lol

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Still the Chocobo

Quote Originally Posted by xEl_Cidx View Post
    Hall_Of_Game, you did it bud, good job and it will grow slowly over time so keep up the good work to your cl in progress!

Thanks for the shoutout!

stopping by to pay you a visit!
    Thanks a lot Cid. It actually was a little fun to arrange all of it. I'll be updating this as much as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Fuck yeah Hall's got himself a cl. Looking nice so far mate

Thanks for the shout out of sorts mate and making me first lol
    Thanks Feral. It was pretty easy, so you were right. Now your going last
    Currently Playing:
    Zombie Tycoon 2
    Brainhov's Revenge

Nothing is true,
    everything is permitted.

Flashy Avatar by K.I.D

If I could, I would GLOW

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Hall_Of_Game View Post
    Thanks Feral. It was pretty easy, so you were right. Now your going last
    No worries mate Yeah see I know shit lol. Bastard lol.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 6 - Silver

Good start HoG! I like the name! Maybe get some goals down, like how many plats, or what plats by the end of the year? Or even academic goals etc?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The Saboteur is indeed a phenomenal game. My first Plat and I love it. Julius was quite right to recommend it at the top of the list!

Welcome to Trophy hunting HoG!!

Still the Chocobo

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    No worries mate Yeah see I know shit lol. Bastard lol.
    Yeah, yeah... I'll consider listening to you from now on. See UC is on the wishlist. I'll play it one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt-Redding View Post
    Good start HoG! I like the name! Maybe get some goals down, like how many plats, or what plats by the end of the year? Or even academic goals etc?
    Oh, that's a great idea. Goals are a great idea. Academic is a good idea but I want get settled into school before I think about that. Thanks redding.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldDome13 View Post
    The Saboteur is indeed a phenomenal game. My first Plat and I love it. Julius was quite right to recommend it at the top of the list!

Welcome to Trophy hunting HoG!!
    Well damn. I'll look into The Saboteur.

Thanks for the welcome!
    Currently Playing:
    Zombie Tycoon 2
    Brainhov's Revenge

Nothing is true,
    everything is permitted.

Flashy Avatar by K.I.D

If I could, I would GLOW

The Deathly Rhythm

Good CL Hall_of_Game, it will get better and better too
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Hall Of Game! You are a shoe in for Rookie Of The Year at the end of year awards.You are so positive. You try everything, i have never done the CL thing as i'm not a Plat Hunter and i'd feel a bit meek doing one.

Keep adding to it HOG and keep adding to the forums, you are awesome.

Galaxy beauty pirate

Nice start on your checklist HOG. Keep it up!
    Be sure to try FF 13-2 as well after you've finished 13.
    Sig by Ramon

PRO Member

Great start to your own cl H.o.G. Be positive and yours with grow over time. Good work, I don't know how I helped you but thanks for the shout out. The Uncharted games are great to add to any collection, along with the Prince of Persia if you're into platformers like that. Good luck with farming CP on FFXIII the best way I found is to do a certain rotation of enemies to optimize your chances of getting gil or components to sell for gil. If you want any tips just message me alright. I had just gotten that platinum not too long ago and what I did really helped.

Sometimes I aim to please, but mostly I just shoot to kill.
    Pixie's Glittering Hollow

Latest Platinum:
    Assassin's Creed III

Currently Playing:
    Resident Evil: Revelations
    Resident Evil: Revelations 2
    Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Notorious K.I.D.

Hey, what an appropriate name for your checklist.

Great start to it HoG, can't wait to see it flourish.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Still the Chocobo

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos06 View Post
    Good CL Hall_of_Game, it will get better and better too
    Thanks for coming by. I hope it gets better as I play.

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    Hall Of Game! You are a shoe in for Rookie Of The Year at the end of year awards.You are so positive. You try everything, i have never done the CL thing as i'm not a Plat Hunter and i'd feel a bit meek doing one.

Keep adding to it HOG and keep adding to the forums, you are awesome.
    Thanks you so much larrydavidsavatar! That's cool that there are awards at the end of the year. I hope you win the June PRO Nomination as you've been here a long time it seems. I have tried a little bit of everything except writing any guides. I feel like writing for a game would take away the fun of playing it, so I don't know if I'll try that yet. Either way, thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Nice start on your checklist HOG. Keep it up!
    Be sure to try FF 13-2 as well after you've finished 13.
    I have it on my wishlist. I don't know when I'll pick it up but one day.

Quote Originally Posted by PixieOfDarkness View Post
    Great start to your own cl H.o.G. Be positive and yours with grow over time. Good work, I don't know how I helped you but thanks for the shout out. The Uncharted games are great to add to any collection, along with the Prince of Persia if you're into platformers like that. Good luck with farming CP on FFXIII the best way I found is to do a certain rotation of enemies to optimize your chances of getting gil or components to sell for gil. If you want any tips just message me alright. I had just gotten that platinum not too long ago and what I did really helped.
    Thank you. I didn't really shout out to those who have helped me, just buddies. Beam did help me some with FF13 though. If I need some help I'll let you know. I played all 3 PS2 PoPs and those were fun. I have to look into the newer ones.

Quote Originally Posted by K.I.D. View Post
    Hey, what an appropriate name for your checklist.

Great start to it HoG, can't wait to see it flourish.
    LMAO

Yeah, I was stuck without a name when I started. Then it clicked. Thanks K.i.d
    Currently Playing:
    Zombie Tycoon 2
    Brainhov's Revenge

Nothing is true,
    everything is permitted.

Flashy Avatar by K.I.D

If I could, I would GLOW

-i- love myself.

CL looks great, good luck with it bud.

Le Wild Trophy Hunter

Hey Hall_of_Game, nice checklist! FF XIII is a healthy grind but completely doable. If you haven't already, I highly suggest keeping a list of all the items you've had in your inventory. Or don't sell anything as much as you can manage. Really helps out later when you only need a couple more items for that trophy. And I second the notion for FF XIII-2 as well, I enjoyed it and it only took me half as long to plat it than it took me to plat XIII (both plats are on my old profile). Good luck and happy hunting

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast