Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Terminal Phoenix - The Road So Far And The Road Ahead

This is a discussion on Terminal Phoenix - The Road So Far And The Road Ahead within the Trophy Checklists forum, part of the Trophy Guides, Reviews & Articles; UPDATE: Platinum #63: Sleeping Dogs 100% (60 of 60 trophies) DLC Pack #1: Nightmare in North Point (5 of 5 ...

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

UPDATE:

Platinum #63: Sleeping Dogs 100% (60 of 60 trophies)

DLC Pack #1: Nightmare in North Point (5 of 5 trophies)
    DLC Pack #2: Year of the Snake (4 of 4 trophies)

Great sandbox game courtesy of PS+. In my opinion, a better version of GTA whereby I am actually enjoying myself more so than grinding out glitched portions of the game. The characters are memorable, the story is very good, although I wish it was longer, and the side missions are great distractions from the main story. Overall this is an entertaining game that, when free, is made even better.

DLC Pack #5: 80s Sound Pack (5 of 5 trophies)
    DLC Pack #6: Substep Sound Pack (5 of 5 trophies)

Two easy DLCs for a great game; duplicates for both the PS3 and Vita version for an easy total of 20 silver trophies.

The Road So Far And The Road Ahead
    `Best Trophy Checklist (2014)
    `Checklist Spotlight #2 Winner (2014)
    `2nd place Trophy Checklist (2013)

Currently Playing
    `Batman: Arkham Knight [95%]
    `AC: Syndicate [6%]
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on the new plat and Sound Shape DLC

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

UPDATE:

Platinum #64: Dishonored 73% (51 of 71 trophies)

DLC Pack #1: Dunwall City Trials (0 of 10 trophies)
    DLC Pack #2: The Other Side of the Coin(0 of 10 trophies)

I don't know why it has taken me so long to play through Dishonored considering I have had it since it was released. This looked like a daunting platinum to achieve, but once I got going, it turned out to be much easier than expected. The lethal playthrough was surprisingly, the difficult one. I was getting my bearings and figuring out which way was up. Once I had played through the story once, the clean/non-lethal playthrough was much easier and much quicker. I knew where everything was and I was able to bypass large portions of the map by just being smart.

Overall Dishonored is a gem of a game. I have never experience so much freedom of choice in a long time and while I don't mind being strung along for the ride (ie. Uncharted), this was a true breath of fresh air. I had the ability to make any choice I wanted to at any point and would suffer or benefit from the consequences of that choice. A fantastic game, a very easy platinum and a game I look forward revisiting through its two DLC packs. Hopefully, the prices will go down a bit.
    Last edited by TerminalPhoenix; 05-27-2013 at 07:23 AM.

Currently Playing
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on the Dishonored platinum man, one of my favourite games of last year. I did the non lethal stealth playthrough first which made it harder because I didn't know the areas. Doing the lethal playthrough first was a good idea.

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Thanks DragonWolf! I was so close to doing the non-lethal play-through the first time around. Although it's still not a bad way to go about it; you can release some of your stealth frustrations in it by slicing and dicing through baddies left, right and center on your second go-around!

I feel like playing the game through for a 3rd time so I can experience more of the powers. I did the lethal run without upgrading the powers (Mostly Flesh and Steel trophy) and in the non-lethal run, I couldn't use any of the lethal ones. I never upgraded anything outside of Blink and Bend Time. A lot of fun - hopefully the DLCs go down in price a bit.

Currently Playing
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Beast Incarnate

Quote Originally Posted by TerminalPhoenix View Post
    Thanks DragonWolf! I was so close to doing the non-lethal play-through the first time around. Although it's still not a bad way to go about it; you can release some of your stealth frustrations in it by slicing and dicing through baddies left, right and center on your second go-around!

I feel like playing the game through for a 3rd time so I can experience more of the powers. I did the lethal run without upgrading the powers (Mostly Flesh and Steel trophy) and in the non-lethal run, I couldn't use any of the lethal ones. I never upgraded anything outside of Blink and Bend Time. A lot of fun - hopefully the DLCs go down in price a bit.
    Ah, see I went for Mostly Flesh and Steel in the non lethal playthrough, which did bump up the difficulty a bit. But it meant I could go nuts on my lethal playthrough with all of my powers

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by DragonWolfVII View Post
    Ah, see I went for Mostly Flesh and Steel in the non lethal playthrough, which did bump up the difficulty a bit. But it meant I could go nuts on my lethal playthrough with all of my powers
    Nice! I had a lot of fun in both playthroughs mind you. The non-lethal was very exciting, especially in the Flooded District when you had other assassins. A fun maze of killers to navigate through.

Currently Playing
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

UPDATE:

It's been a while since I've updated my trophy checklist; here's a quick rundown of what's happened in the past 3 months.

Platinum #65: The Amazing Spider-Man (47 of 47 trophies)
    I had a blast playing this game; I killed it in a few days and it was so much fun, I wish it would keep on going forever. A few too many comic book pages to collect for my blood, but otherwise a well paced, entertaining experience.

Doodle God - Vita (11 of 11 trophies)
    I remember playing this a few years back on iOS and having a lot of fun with it. That and I needed an excuse to play my Vita.

Platinum #66: The Walking Dead - Vita (49 of 49 trophies)
    I've been waiting for the Vita version for a few months now, needing an excuse to replay it and make different decisions. As always, an emotionally engaging although very easy platinum.

Platinum #67: Tomb Raider (51 of 51 trophies)
    While the MP experience was generic at best, the single player campaign was a cocktail of fun combat, treacherous platforming and scavenging for treasure and collectibles. I had a blast playing this game, and let's be honest, the eye candy doesn't hurt.

Currently Playing
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

Congrats on all those Plats!. I was thinking about renting The Amazing Spiderman, you think 3-4 days is enough to plat it?.

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by annare41 View Post
    Congrats on all those Plats!. I was thinking about renting The Amazing Spiderman, you think 3-4 days is enough to plat it?.
    Thanks mate. Yeah, I think it can be done. I killed it in a weekend to be frank. I played it for a few hours before, but it's a quick platinum. If you use a guide, it'll help speed things up. The only thing that is time consuming is collecting the comic pages; there are more than 500 of them...

Currently Playing
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on all of your latest plats man

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Platinum #68: Hitman: Absolution (47 out of 47 trophies)
    This was something I wanted to pick up but it was a nice surprise when PS+ provided me with a free digital copy. It was a lot of fun, although there were some slightly frustrating parts of playing this on hard. Thankfully, level select allows you to replay any part of the story so there are no missable trophies. Fun Hitman experience. (will update the trophy checklist in a few days time whilst I figure out what's next)

Currently Playing
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Congrats on the new plat man. I heard this was a bit of a tough game so very well done

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

It's been a while! I am going to be working on a new version of my CL with a new design etc. For the time being, I have edited the list to contain my most recent platinum, but I am planning on making edits as I progress through my #71 platinums.

In the meantime, I have been playing games and wanted to update on my last three platinums:

Platinum #69: Prototype 2 (44 out of 44 trophies)

I had played Prototype on my PC and I was a little late to the party in playing the sequel. It was a very quick and easy platinum, but a very fun one at that. If you're looking for a sandbox experience that doesn't involve using too many brain cells, this is it!

Platinum #70: Far Cry 3 (51 out of 51 trophies)

I understand the Game of the Year nominations for Far Cry 3; it's that good. There is much to do in this game and the truth is I couldn't stop playing for many hours in a row. There were times where I had to force myself to go to sleep or to go outside - this game was that addictive. Worth every minute!

Platinum #71: Diablo 3 (46 out of 46 trophies)

Enjoyed it on the PC but I felt that there were tweaks here and there that would have made the gaming experience SO much better. These tweaks have been made and have contributed to a console version that is superior to its PC predecessor in every way (except visually). I expect the PS4 iteration to be very beautiful and able to handle the large number of enemies on the screen while keeping a stable frame rate. A fun platinum, albeit a time consuming one. But then again, most role playing games are.

Currently Playing
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

O_o

This was my favorite checklist. I can't wait to see a newer version.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Hey congrats on Diablo big time.
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

Beast Incarnate

Congrats on you latest 3 platinum's dude

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Congratulations on your 3 plats mate, well done. I look forward to your revised cl too. What's next on the gaming agenda?

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

Thanks guys! I've started GTA 5, so we'll see how far that goes. It will be a very time consuming platinum haha! So far, lots of fun.

Currently Playing
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Hunter-Scholar-Gentleman

I was hoping to put together a brand new layout but I've been having a creativity drought. I've reversed the CL layout to its good ol' former self. The more I look at it, the less I think it needs to change but I would like to make some minor improvements here or there. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

As a tiny update, I got a PS4 and I've been busy playing AC4. My first platinum on the PS4 was a complete fluke; after syncing Soundshapes from the cloud to play some new levels and the DLC I realized I had a symphony of trophies popping up. Can't complain!

I've also had a lot of fun playing Grand Theft Auto 5; and I finished everything in the single player. However, I've been very unimpressed with the multiplayer aspect and I think I've given up on the plat as a result. Maybe I'll contemplate getting back to it, who knows.

Shameless plug, if you like the CL, please don't hesitate to give lil' ol' me a vote for the EoY Awards. Happy gaming!

Currently Playing
    `Helldivers [26%]

Signature & Avatar

`courtesy of DaRe_xLw

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast